Frank Turek postponed at Baylor

2,723 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Mitch Blood Green
Mr. Sippi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jason_cook said:

Keep in mind Turek had zero contact with Baylor officials.

Interesting. I'm intrigued even more to hear his comments. I'm afraid that I'm gonna be disappointed in Frank.
Baylor grad, 'Bama dad
Mitch Henessey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redbrickbear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Redbrickbear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mr. Sippi said:

jason_cook said:

The Ratio Christi fall event was postponed by the student organization due to security costs, which per Baylor University policy are the responsibility of the hosting organization.

University policies for student-led events require submission of documentation well in advance to determine the support needed to ensure a safe, caring and educational environment for all students, faculty and staff. Ratio Christi did not submit this documentation as requested by University staff on several occasions. As a result, security costs associated with Waco Hall could not be determined until late in the planning process. Upon receipt of the full security estimate, the student organization decided to postpone, rather than work with campus leaders to identify a different and possibly less expensive location.

We understand this is a disappointing outcome for those who were scheduled to speak and attend, and campus leaders stand ready to support our Ratio Christi student leaders on another event in the future, provided appropriate info is shared in a timely manner.

As an academic institution, Baylor is committed to ensuring open dialogue and the robust exchange of ideas and perspectives. We hold this commitment along with an obligation to provide a safe and nurturing educational environment within a caring Christian community.

Thanks, Jason. I'm disappointed that the event was not able to be held as scheduled and maybe it will be at another time. I'm also disappointed that the blame is being assigned to a student organization whose purpose is to promote why we as Christians believe what we believe - which is exactly what I would think Baylor would want to promote. It's unfortunate that Baylor could not offer support to this group and help pull off the event.

I understand the need to appear being fair to all groups, but when Baylor University cannot find a way to share the gospel with those that need to hear it makes me sad.

I know that the world has changed a lot since I graduated from Baylor 40 years ago - it's a shame that Baylor has felt the need to change along with it.

I look forward to hearing Frank's side of the story on Friday.


Why is it Baylor's fault that the student org messed up and didn't submit the required documentation on time?



Sounds like he has more issues with the administration than just a misunderstanding about a time request on documents…

"There's too much information to share in this email or in a social media post, so I'll be revealing the full story, as well as exposing other corruption happening right now at Baylor, on Friday's podcast. So stay tuned

In the meantime, please note that this event has been postponed until further notice.

Blessings,

Dr. Frank Turek"



I'm sure he'll spin a tale about he's the victim in all this.


Seems harsh. Do you know him to be a dishonest person?

Or you just ready to discount anything he says before listening to it on Friday?
When one side gives a very reasonable, facts-based explanation without sensationalizing anything or seeking undue attention, while the other promises a scathing podcast that they stand to make money off of, it's pretty easy for me to determine which side I come down on with regards to who is more believable.

I don't know Frank Turek. I'm interested to hear what he has to say. But at first blush, it seems like he's butthurt about the event being postponed and is seizing the opportunity to do some old-fashioned political grifting. I guess we'll find out on Friday.
drahthaar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redbrickbear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

Mr. Sippi said:

jason_cook said:

The Ratio Christi fall event was postponed by the student organization due to security costs, which per Baylor University policy are the responsibility of the hosting organization.

University policies for student-led events require submission of documentation well in advance to determine the support needed to ensure a safe, caring and educational environment for all students, faculty and staff. Ratio Christi did not submit this documentation as requested by University staff on several occasions. As a result, security costs associated with Waco Hall could not be determined until late in the planning process. Upon receipt of the full security estimate, the student organization decided to postpone, rather than work with campus leaders to identify a different and possibly less expensive location.

We understand this is a disappointing outcome for those who were scheduled to speak and attend, and campus leaders stand ready to support our Ratio Christi student leaders on another event in the future, provided appropriate info is shared in a timely manner.

As an academic institution, Baylor is committed to ensuring open dialogue and the robust exchange of ideas and perspectives. We hold this commitment along with an obligation to provide a safe and nurturing educational environment within a caring Christian community.

Thanks, Jason. I'm disappointed that the event was not able to be held as scheduled and maybe it will be at another time. I'm also disappointed that the blame is being assigned to a student organization whose purpose is to promote why we as Christians believe what we believe - which is exactly what I would think Baylor would want to promote. It's unfortunate that Baylor could not offer support to this group and help pull off the event.

I understand the need to appear being fair to all groups, but when Baylor University cannot find a way to share the gospel with those that need to hear it makes me sad.

I know that the world has changed a lot since I graduated from Baylor 40 years ago - it's a shame that Baylor has felt the need to change along with it.

I look forward to hearing Frank's side of the story on Friday.


Why is it Baylor's fault that the student org messed up and didn't submit the required documentation on time?



Sounds like he has more issues with the administration than just a misunderstanding about a time request on documents…

"There's too much information to share in this email or in a social media post, so I'll be revealing the full story, as well as exposing other corruption happening right now at Baylor, on Friday's podcast. So stay tuned

In the meantime, please note that this event has been postponed until further notice.

Blessings,

Dr. Frank Turek"


What if he is correct?
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

In simple terms, this post is an excuse.


No greater victim than a conservative who wants rules for you but not for themselves.
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mitch Blood Green said:

Oldbear83 said:

In simple terms, this post is an excuse.


No greater victim than a conservative who wants rules for you but not for themselves.

Wanting the same conditions for both progressives and conservatives is not at all what you posted there.
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Oldbear83 said:

In simple terms, this post is an excuse.


No greater victim than a conservative who wants rules for you but not for themselves.

Wanting the same conditions for both progressives and conservatives is not at all what you posted there.


Can you verify that the university has different "security" requirements of progressives versus conservatives?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.