cinque might be too overloaded today for this

3,649 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cinque
bubbadog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fadskier said:

People like you, cinque, and others continuously point out how bad he is but never recognize when something is good. Wonder why most on this board make fun of cinque? Because he can't admit when he's wrong and he posts things that are untrue or fails to give Trump or any Republican credit for anything good. He's just white noise...or black noise.
Oh please. I have made a point of giving Trump credit when he does something I agree with. And I don't mind recapping it here:

I supported the Syrian airstrikes.

I supported lowering the corporate tax rate (although not quite as deeply as we ultimately did).

I praised some of his appointments I liked: Mattis and Hailey in particular, and Tillerson, too.

There are a lot of government regulations that need simplifying.

I agree with him that we should not deport the DACA kids.

That's off the top of my head.

I also agreed with him when he said we must not repeal Obamacare without something better to replace it. (I disagreed with him when he turned around and said he favored repeal with nothing to replace it. Which is part of the problem with Trump.)

fadskier
bubbadog said:

fadskier said:

People like you, cinque, and others continuously point out how bad he is but never recognize when something is good. Wonder why most on this board make fun of cinque? Because he can't admit when he's wrong and he posts things that are untrue or fails to give Trump or any Republican credit for anything good. He's just white noise...or black noise.
Oh please. I have made a point of giving Trump credit when he does something I agree with. And I don't mind recapping it here:

I supported lowering the corporate tax rate (although not quite as deeply as we ultimately did).

I praised some of his appointments I liked: Mattis and Hailey in particular, and Tillerson, too.

I also agreed with him when he said we must not repeal Obamacare without something better to replace it. (I disagreed with him when he turned around and said he favored repeal with nothing to replace it. Which is part of the problem with Trump.)

He can't change his mind? Maybe he said it, got in trouble with those who voted for him to repeal it and not replace it and thus changed his mind.
bubbadog
fadskier said:

bubbadog said:

fadskier said:

He can't change his mind? Maybe he said it, got in trouble with those who voted for him to repeal it and not replace it and thus changed his mind.
In that case, he changed his mind about 3 times in 2 weeks.
quash
bubbadog said:

fadskier said:

bubbadog said:

fadskier said:

In that case, he changed his mind about 3 times in 2 weeks.

Which is fewer than his changed DACA stances.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
FormerFlash
I'm not covering for Trump or justifying his actions. I agree that he is dishonest and it certainly isn't a good look for the President of the United States. I was merely hinting at Cinque's hypocrisy. She has, of course, avoided answering my question. I'm assuming she voted for Hilary, who has been shown to be just as much of a liar, and done it blatantly in regards to national security and other highly important aspects of her role as Sec of State.

Pot, meet kettle. The American people were asked to decide between two abhorrent individuals this past election.
Sic Everyone.
cinque
FormerFlash said:

I'm not covering for Trump or justifying his actions. I agree that he is dishonest and it certainly isn't a good look for the President of the United States. I was merely hinting at Cinque's hypocrisy. She has, of course, avoided answering my question. I'm assuming she voted for Hilary, who has been shown to be just as much of a liar, and done it blatantly in regards to national security and other highly important aspects of her role as Sec of State.

Pot, meet kettle. The American people were asked to decide between two abhorrent individuals this past election.
Nobody is as big a liar as Trump. Nobody.
corncob pipe
Canada2017
cinque said:

FormerFlash said:

Don't be so modest.....you're a terrific liar.
FormerFlash
cinque said:

FormerFlash said:

Still avoiding the point of my post I see. Typical.
Sic Everyone.
bubbadog
FormerFlash said:

I'm not covering for Trump or justifying his actions. I agree that he is dishonest and it certainly isn't a good look for the President of the United States.... The American people were asked to decide between two abhorrent individuals this past election.
I get that. I've heard a lot of people say that their choice involved holding their nose. I didn't like any of the choices in November 2016 either, and I didn't like Bernie. So I didn't vote for any of them. Going back to the primary season, the only candidate I voted for president in 2016 was John Kasich. So I get where you say you're coming from.

The people I don't get (glad you're not among them) are the ones who keep making excuses for Trump or act like he hasn't even behaved in inappropriate ways. It's like they can't bring themselves to admit anything bad about Trump because in their minds that would somehow be an affirmation of Hillary or something.

The other thing I don't get is why these people, especially ones who dress themselves in the evangelical label, don't support getting Trump out of the way in favor of Pence. At some level, they have to know that Trump doesn't reflect any of their moral values; in their hearts they have to suspect Trump isn't even a Christian. Meanwhile, in Mike Pence, they'd have somebody who is a true believer and actually reflects his values in his personal conduct. He'd support all the same policies they want to see, and he'd do it without the craziness, the distractions or the embarrassing behavior. And on top of that, they would gain leverage and political high ground if they supported removing Trump for his conduct; liberals and Democrats couldn't accuse them of being blindly tribal because they were willing to throw their boy under the bus when he deserved it.
cinque
FormerFlash said:

cinque said:

FormerFlash said:

Still avoiding the point of my post I see. Typical.
Isn't making a false equivalency between Hillary and Trump your point?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.