cinque might be too overloaded today for this

3,657 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cinque
bubbadog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Usually, cinque posts the news that is unfavorable to Trump (and that would never be posted here if left up to the Trump acolytes). So I thought he might have posted this by now, but maybe he's busy.

NEWS: Journalists have found airline records to confirm that Trump was in Moscow for the Miss Universe pageant in 2013.

BACKGROUND: This is the time when the "golden showers" event allegedly took place. But Trump has denied he spent the night in Moscow. He told Comey this twice. Flight records seem to show otherwise. So does one of Trump's own tweets unearthed by the UK paper The Independent, which puts him in Moscow at a time when he says he had already left.

TAKEAWAY FROM THE STORY: Hmmm.....
cowboycwr
Well I for one sure am glad that so much time and effort has been spent to find out if Trump was in Moscow or not back in 2013 instead of like actually on something important......... Like Border security, fighting terrorism, world hunger, gun violence, the climate, health care, etc.

The left is so stuck in the past they can't accept it has been a year and a half since Trump won the election and entered office. Get over it. His term will be over before anyone actually finds a reason to impeach him and instead all you will have done is wasted money and not actually helped run the country.
PartyBear
Stormy's attorney rather confidently predicts Trump will not finish the term (he thinks resignation before the term is up). Scarborough wrote an oped piece the other day stating it is clear to him based on things he laid out in the piece that Trump is not going to be seeking a second term regardless of how legal issues are going.
cinque
cowboycwr said:

Well I for one sure am glad that so much time and effort has been spent to find out if Trump was in Moscow or not back in 2013 instead of like actually on something important......... Like Border security, fighting terrorism, world hunger, gun violence, the climate, health care, etc.

The left is so stuck in the past they can't accept it has been a year and a half since Trump won the election and entered office. Get over it. His term will be over before anyone actually finds a reason to impeach him and instead all you will have done is wasted money and not actually helped run the country.
He lied about not spending the night. It's what he does. He lies. But you knew that when you voted for him.
Jack and DP
Went to a part at 1AM

Departed airport at 3:58AM

Doesn't leave much time, if any, at a hotel room.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-23/flight-records-illuminate-mystery-of-trump-s-moscow-nights
bubbadog
Jack and DP said:

Went to a part at 1AM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-23/flight-records-illuminate-mystery-of-trump-s-moscow-nights
I clicked your link. As the Bloomberg story says, he arrived on a Friday. Stayed that night at the Ritz-Carlton, as the Steele dossier said. Pageant was Saturday night.

The issue wasn't that he left early on Sunday morning. It was that he spent Friday night in Moscow, contrary to what he had claimed.
quash
bubbadog said:

Jack and DP said:

Went to a part at 1AM

I clicked your link. As the Bloomberg story says, he arrived on a Friday. Stayed that night at the Ritz-Carlton, as the Steele dossier said. Pageant was Saturday night.

The issue wasn't that he left early on Sunday morning. It was that he spent Friday night in Moscow, contrary to what he had claimed.

And, to focus on what is important, this isn't about the past. It's about how Russia has used incriminating facts to compromise people. Not that there's any evidence of President Trump going easy on Russia...
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Jack and DP
Landed at an unspecified time.

If you have something, put it out there.
Canada2017
chuckle

While you leftists continue with your little fantasy circle.....

Trump is hosting a state dinner for President Macron.

Macron has shown some real potential. US-France relations seem to be on the upswing .
cinque
Jack and DP said:

People don't land at unspecified times. Stop flailing about wildly.
bubbadog
Jack and DP said:

Read your own article.
bubbadog
Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Macron has shown some real potential. US-France relations seem to be on the upswing .
Macron is here on behalf of the Europeans to talk Trump out of unilaterally killing the Iran deal.

Jack and DP
cinque said:

Jack and DP said:

The article said "landed at an unspecified time". What time you got?
cowboycwr
cinque said:

cowboycwr said:

He lied about not spending the night. It's what he does. He lies. But you knew that when you voted for him.

In 2013. So what. It doesn't matter to his presidency now.

Oh and I have never said I voted for him.
bubbadog
Jack and DP said:

cinque said:

Jack and DP said:

The article said "landed at an unspecified time". What time you got?
Here is the part of the quote from your own article that you conveniently left out:

"The Bombardier jet landed in Moscow on Friday, Nov. 8, at a time unspecified in the records."

Your article goes on to say that the plane left Asheville, NC, around 9:30 pm on Thursday night and was bound for Moscow. Arriving Friday.
cinque
cowboycwr said:

cinque said:

cowboycwr said:

I Well I for one sure am glad that so much time and effort has been spent to find out if Trump was in Moscow or not back in 2013 instead of like actually on something important......... Like Border security, fighting terrorism, world hunger, gun violence, the climate, health care, etc.

So, why is he lying about it in 2018?
Oh, and you didn't have to.
Bona Fide Bear
PartyBear said:

Stormy's attorney rather confidently predicts Trump will not finish the term (he thinks resignation before the term is up). Scarborough wrote an oped piece the other day stating it is clear to him based on things he laid out in the piece that Trump is not going to be seeking a second term regardless of how legal issues are going.
Oh well if Stormy's attorney feels that way...

Can't stand Trump, but since election night, we have been hearing different scenarios from leftist extremists of how Trump will not start his term or finish his term. Less than 2 years left now in his first term and the mid-terms are coming up, so it seems if the democrats had a rabbit, they need to pull it out soon. The process to remove a president is not overnight and it is likely he would finish his term, even if they found something in the next few months.

Hurry!
fadskier
2013...who cares...golden showers...who cares. This has nothing to do with being a president. It's not like he lied about classified emails, had an illegal email server in his basement...lied about an attack on American forces...
fadskier
The point is that no one who supports Trump cares about this crap. Hillary showed why she can't be a trusted government official. Trump was an outsider. I think it is fine for people to point out and discuss policy and decision of President Trump but bringing up this crap from his past just solidifies his support.

If you really want to sway people from voting for him in 2020, being up and discuss (without insults and cursing) issues of substance that deal with policy and the economy. The problem is, all anti-Trumpers have is golden showers from 2013, a statement he made from 12 years ago, and no evidence of Russian collusion...and you just keep bringing it up which sways no one. Talk about how awful the economy is because of Trump...oh wait. Talk about how taxes are taking away from the middle class...oh wait.
cowboycwr
cinque said:

cowboycwr said:

cinque said:

cowboycwr said:

I Well I for one sure am glad that so much time and effort has been spent to find out if Trump was in Moscow or not back in 2013 instead of like actually on something important......... Like Border security, fighting terrorism, world hunger, gun violence, the climate, health care, etc.

So, why is he lying about it in 2018?
Oh, and you didn't have to.
Who cares? I sure as hell don't care what he did or did not do in 2013. I don't care who he did or did not sleep with 4 years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago. I care about what he is doing to help our country now or in the coming years.

Yes I did because I did not vote for him. I did not vote for Hillary. I wrote in a name.
cowboycwr
PartyBear said:

There is also a poster on here who makes the same predictions.... therefore it MUST be true because 2 people have said it on the internet.....
fadskier
It would not bother me at all if Trump did not seek a second term. What bothers me is the choices we might have between the Republicans and Democrats.
GoneGirl
bubbadog said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Macron is here on behalf of the Europeans to talk Trump out of unilaterally killing the Iran deal.

Trump will do whatever the last person he talked to tells him is the right thing to do. That won't be Macron.
quash
fadskier said:

2013...who cares...golden showers...who cares. This has nothing to do with being a president. It's not like he lied about classified emails, had an illegal email server in his basement...lied about an attack on American forces...

Not sure how you keep overlooking this: if Russia has compromised our president it, well, "has to do with being president".
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
fadskier
quash said:

fadskier said:

Not sure how you keep overlooking this: if Russia has compromised our president it, well, "has to do with being president".
How have they compromised him? Selling uranium? Oh wait...
quash
fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

If only there were a thread about it. Oh wait...
fadskier
quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

If only there were a thread about it. Oh wait...
Ok, maybe a factual thread
Johnny Bear
fadskier said:

If you really want to sway people from voting for him in 2020, being up and discuss (without insults and cursing) issues of substance that deal with policy and the economy. The problem is, all anti-Trumpers have is golden showers from 2013, a statement he made from 12 years ago, and no evidence of Russian collusion...and you just keep bringing it up which sways no one. Talk about how awful the economy is because of Trump...oh wait. Talk about how taxes are taking away from the middle class...oh wait.
I have yet to hear one positive suggestion from anybody on the left of an actual concrete differing policy nature that they even propose to be as good or better than what the Trump Administration is doing. Not one. Platitudes and slogans like "we care more about women, minorities, immigrants (including illegals) and LGBT communities" or "they're racists and we aren't" don't count - I'm talking about actual alternative policy suggestions that are supposedly equal to or better than what is happening under Trump.

That's because the left doesn't have any. They're completely and utterly bankrupt in this regard.

All they have is Trump hate, conservative hate and a bunch of BS about things that occurred or allegedly occurred years ago (in most cases double digit years ago). That's it.
fadskier
Johnny Bear said:

fadskier said:

I have yet to hear one positive suggestion from anybody on the left of an actual concrete differing policy nature that they even propose to be as good or better than what the Trump Administration is doing. Not one. Platitudes and slogans like "we care more about women, minorities, immigrants (including illegals) and LGBT communities" or "they're racists and we aren't" don't count - I'm talking about actual alternative policy suggestions that are supposedly equal to or better than what is happening under Trump.

That's because the left doesn't have any. They're completely and utterly bankrupt in this regard.

All they have is Trump hate, conservative hate and a bunch of BS about things that occurred or allegedly occurred years ago (in most cases double digit years ago). That's it.
This. Exactly.
FormerFlash
cinque said:

cowboycwr said:

Tell me again which candidate you voted for who has never been caught lying?
Sic Everyone.
bubbadog
FormerFlash said:

cinque said:

cowboycwr said:

I think everybody understands that all politicians sometimes tell falsehoods. Some lies are deliberate; others are not.

Sometimes politicians tell what I call "honest lies." I think George W. Bush honestly believed that Iraq still had WMD in 2003. I think Obama honestly believed "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

We all know that politicians sometimes lie to protect themselves when they get in trouble. Richard Nixon said, "I am not a crook." Bill Clinton said, "I did not have sex with that woman."

But I've never seen any president who took lying to the level of Donald Trump. It's just part of his basic way of navigating the world. It is part and parcel of who he is. Some of the lies are about things that seem relatively trivial. Some are about very important matters, like involvement with the Russians. But the cumulative effect of both the trivial and the significant lies is that they signal to people, both here and abroad, that there is no honest way to do business with Trump. And this means that, when he is acting as President, there is no honest way to do business with the United States. Do a deal, and he'll break it or change the terms when it suits him. He wants to break a multilateral deal with Iran (a deal that Iran has adhered to) and then expects that other countries will sign onto treaties with us. This guy is just serially dishonest.

fadskier
bubbadog said:

FormerFlash said:

cinque said:

cowboycwr said:

I think everybody understands that all politicians sometimes tell falsehoods. Some lies are deliberate; others are not.

Sometimes politicians tell what I call "honest lies." I think George W. Bush honestly believed that Iraq still had WMD in 2003. I think Obama honestly believed "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

We all know that politicians sometimes lie to protect themselves when they get in trouble. Richard Nixon said, "I am not a crook." Bill Clinton said, "I did not have sex with that woman."

But I've never seen any president who took lying to the level of Donald Trump. It's just part of his basic way of navigating the world. It is part and parcel of who he is. Some of the lies are about things that seem relatively trivial. Some are about very important matters, like involvement with the Russians. But the cumulative effect of both the trivial and the significant lies is that they signal to people, both here and abroad, that there is no honest way to do business with Trump. And this means that, when he is acting as President, there is no honest way to do business with the United States. Do a deal, and he'll break it or change the terms when it suits him. He wants to break a multilateral deal with Iran (a deal that Iran has adhered to) and then expects that other countries will sign onto treaties with us. This guy is just serially dishonest.

Involvement with the Russians has not been proven. In researching the Iran deal, the adherence to the deal has had mixed reviews. The problem that I have is the people who hate Trump point to everything as a lie. Even when what he says has been clarified, the don't accept it. Again, it's like crying wolf...eventually, those who support the President just stop listening because we already know what you are going to say. How much time did CNN spend on his inauguration crowd size? How about the bust of MLK removed?
fadskier
People like you, cinque, and others continuously point out how bad he is but never recognize when something is good. Wonder why most on this board make fun of cinque? Because he can't admit when he's wrong and he posts things that are untrue or fails to give Trump or any Republican credit for anything good. He's just white noise...or black noise.
bubbadog
fadskier said:

bubbadog said:

FormerFlash said:

cinque said:

cowboycwr said:

Involvement with the Russians has not been proven. In researching the Iran deal, the adherence to the deal has had mixed reviews. The problem that I have is the people who hate Trump point to everything as a lie. Even when what he says has been clarified, the don't accept it. Again, it's like crying wolf...eventually, those who support the President just stop listening because we already know what you are going to say. How much time did CNN spend on his inauguration crowd size? How about the bust of MLK removed?
Trump's personal involvement with the Russians has not been proven. Nevertheless, he has lied about aspects of it. He claimed that Don Jr's meeting with the Russians was only about adoptions, when it clearly wasn't. He said he never spent the night in Moscow, as the Steele dossier claimed, when it turns out he did. That of course doesn't prove he colluded with the Russians on the election. But anybody has to ask why he would lie about stuff like this if he's innocent?

The media focused on the size of the inaugural crowd because he gratuitously lied about it. It obviously wasn't the biggest in history; it wasn't even bigger than Obama's. But he knowingly lied about it anyway, and ordered Sean Spicer to lie about it to the media. And, again, you have to ask, "Why did he do that?" He could have simply said, "We had a great crowd, an enthusiastic crowd." Instead, he had to make a blatantly false claim. That was really when people, at least those without blinders, started to realize that there's something pathological about the guy.
fadskier
bubbadog said:

fadskier said:

bubbadog said:

FormerFlash said:

cinque said:

cowboycwr said:

Trump's personal involvement with the Russians has not been proven. Nevertheless, he has lied about aspects of it. He claimed that Don Jr's meeting with the Russians was only about adoptions, when it clearly wasn't. He said he never spent the night in Moscow, as the Steele dossier claimed, when it turns out he did. That of course doesn't prove he colluded with the Russians on the election. But anybody has to ask why he would lie about stuff like this if he's innocent?

The media focused on the size of the inaugural crowd because he gratuitously lied about it. It obviously wasn't the biggest in history; it wasn't even bigger than Obama's. But he knowingly lied about it anyway, and ordered Sean Spicer to lie about it to the media. And, again, you have to ask, "Why did he do that?" He could have simply said, "We had a great crowd, an enthusiastic crowd." Instead, he had to make a blatantly false claim. That was really when people, at least those without blinders, started to realize that there's something pathological about the guy.
You are making my point. He said it was the biggest inaugural crowd ever...and explained that he was referring to online in addition to actual attendance. Yes, he said that he saw the crowd all the way to the Washington Monument...and it wasn't....but you are quick to say he was lying when maybe he was just wrong or maybe from his viewpoint, it looked like it stretched all the way...in the end, it doesn't matter...but you guys act like it makes a world of difference.

And again, there has been no verification that he spent the night in Russia...you are quick to look for lies, instead of wait for facts...but in the end....WHO CARES?!? His spending the night years ago has nothing to do with today. You are as bad as the people who tried to find everything wrong with Obama.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.