Studies: Trump's election fueled by race rather than economic anxiety

4,804 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EatMoreSalmon
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
it is tragically comedic how much the so called liberal MSM helped advance the false narrative of raging, widespread economic anxiety when they had to know better:

[url=https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/us/politics/trump-economic-anxiety.html][/url]Trump Voters Driven by Fear of Losing Status, Not Economic Anxiety, Study finds - The New York Times
[url=https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/us/politics/trump-economic-anxiety.html][/url]The New York Times politics trump-...

[url=https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/us/politics/trump-economic-anxiety.html][/url]

Apr 24, 2018 A new study suggests that the white, Christian and male voters who supported Donald J. Trump were driven by concerns over losing their privilege.
[url=https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/12/15/16781222/trump-racism-economic-anxiety-study][/url]The past year of research has made it very clear: Trump won because of racial resentment - Vox
[url=https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/12/15/16781222/trump-racism-economic-anxiety-study][/url]Vox identities 2017/12/15 trump-ra...
[url=https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/12/15/16781222/trump-racism-economic-anxiety-study][/url]

Dec 15, 2017 As he put it, economic anxiety isn't driving racial resentment; rather, racial resentment is driving ... Trump but not feelings about Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election ...
[url=https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/04/existential-anxiety-not-poverty-motivates-trump-support/558674/][/url]People Voted for Trump Because They Were Anxious, Not Poor - The Atlantic
[url=https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/04/existential-anxiety-not-poverty-motivates-trump-support/558674/][/url]The Atlantic science archive 2018/04
[url=https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/04/existential-anxiety-not-poverty-motivates-trump-support/558674/][/url]

Apr 23, 2018 A new study finds that Trump voters weren't losing income or jobs. ... she added her conclusion to the growing body of evidence that the 2016 election was not about economic hardship.
[url=http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2018/04/18/1718155115][/url]Status threat, not economic hardship, explains the 2016 presidential vote | PNAS
[url=http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2018/04/18/1718155115][/url]PNAS content early 2018/04/18
[url=http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2018/04/18/1718155115][/url]

by DC Mutz 2018 Cited by 3
Apr 18, 2018 Results do not support an interpretation of the election based on pocketbook economic concerns
Make Racism Wrong Again
4th and Inches
Bless your heart... hope whatever they are paying you to post links helps your family out. Lots of click bait in that post. You are good!
Johnny Bear
Leftists playing the race card because aside from "Trump hate", it's all they've got.

In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead...........
riflebear
LOL

All those millions of people who voted for Obama all of a sudden became racists and voted for Trump? OK, NYTimes. When all else fails lets bring race back into the debate.

Wasn't Hillary white? So does that also mean that everyone who voted for Hillary was also afraid of losing their 'privilege'?

Also, can someone teach Cinque how to cut & paste a link.
cinque
Some of you unwittingly fell into this trap by bragging about how well off financially you were during the Obama administration. You were triggered by Trump's blatant racial appeals and by the fact that in 2016 the majority of kindergarteners in America were non white for the first time ever. That was the source of your anxiety.
Make Racism Wrong Again
riflebear
cinque said:

Some of you unwittingly fell into this trap by bragging about how well off financially you were during the Obama administration. You were triggered by Trump's blatant racial appeals and by the fact that in 2016 the majority of kindergarteners in America were non white for the first time ever. That was the source of your anxiety.
What the H#LL are you talking about? You've not talked to one Trump voter on here in person and literally not one person on here has ever said what you just posted.

Are you even human or an Aggy bot?
cinque
riflebear said:

cinque said:

What the H#LL are you talking about? You've not talked to one Trump voter on here in person and literally not one person on here has ever said what you just posted.

Do you understand white racial anxiety?
Make Racism Wrong Again
riflebear
cinque said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

Not debating you anymore, just want to help.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Where+can+I+find+a+mental+health+expert%3F

cinque
riflebear said:

cinque said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

You're like Trump. When the subject matter gets too difficult for you, you change the subject. Trump voters in large measure, responded to his racial appeals and they're still doing it today.
Make Racism Wrong Again
riflebear
cinque said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

You're like Trump. When the subject matter gets too difficult for you, you change the subject. Trump voters in large measure, responded to his racial appeals and they're still doing it today.
LOL, coming from the guy who literally ignores every fact presented to you then deflects to calling someone a racist.

Exactly how can I change the subject from something that literally is either a lie or makes no sense. Again, please click the link above.

Literally nothing he is talking about has anything to do w/ race. He's protecting Americans first which he took an oath to do and assuming you are an American that should make you feel good.
Midnight Rider
I don't need no stinking statistical analysis to figure out why my redneck friends voted for Trump.
Florda_mike
Gruvin said:

Bless your heart... hope whatever they are paying you to post links helps your family out. Lots of click bait in that post. You are good!

Yeah Cinque is obviously a paid troll and hence there's sock puppets trailing Cinque most likely

Flag Cinque threads for racism
Florda_mike
Call me RACIST then ..... dipstick

Trump 2020
4th and Inches
cinque said:

Happy Friday! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Seriously, when does your netflix stand up special come on? i dont want to miss it!
Canada2017
Gruvin said:

'' cinque ' might be getting compensated......but she is hardly good. Silly waste of currency even at 5 cents a post.
Canada2017
riflebear said:

cinque said:

chuckle

Good grief don't suggest 'cingue' is an Aggie. Even CT's don't reach her level of ignorance.
cinque
Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

chuckle

Good grief don't suggest 'cingue' is an Aggie. Even CT's don't reach her level of ignorance.
Aggy is a slur.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Florda_mike
cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

chuckle

Aggy is a slur.

Ummm, it's YOU that's a slur
cinque
Florda_mike said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

chuckle

Aggy is a slur.

Ummm, it's YOU that's a slur
Chuckle, said the Red Raider drop out.
Make Racism Wrong Again
contrario
cinque said:

You are making assumptions based on confirmation bias affirming news sources. You, and most of the media, have zero interest in trying to figure out why Trump actually won. Survey after survey will be construed to find anyway to blame racists for Trump's victory. And there certainly is a small segment that voted for Trump for racial reasons, but the majority voted for him for other reasons. And rather than learning from the mistake of calling half the country deplorable, you double down on a daily basis. Rather than trying to understand those that disagree with you, so maybe then you could formulate a message and platform that will appeal to them, you just throw your hands in the air and claim racism. This isn't a long-term winning strategy. But i guess if it makes you feel better and confirms your bias, then you will continue. For the good of the country, I wish the democrats and the media would get their heads out of their collective arses.
Edmond Bear
cinque said:

Why don't the people that pay you to post your inane comments understand that comments like this are why Trump won? And the strategy of telling people what they are and what they think (when it's not true) will ensure that Trump wins again.
YoakDaddy
cinque said:

I make just as much under Trump as I did under Obama despite Obama trying to stamp out my industry...it's called market forces. I just wasn't voting for a woman who reminded me of a friends screaming ex-wife.
cinque
YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

I make just as much under Trump as I did under Obama despite Obama trying to stamp out my industry...it's called market forces. I just wasn't voting for a woman who reminded me of a friends screaming ex-wife.
Who does Trump remind you of?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Florda_mike
cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Continual dumazz questions from this loser

My gosh I wish you'd just self combust and be gone
YoakDaddy
cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

He reminds me of a really close friend I grew up with that was not as book smart as much as he was street smart. He's got a tendency to mouth off and say things the wrong way, but I know the point he's trying to get across. Like Trump, it's just his personality and his way of communicating.
cinque
YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

He reminds me of a really close friend I grew up with that was not as book smart as much as he was street smart. He's got a tendency to mouth off and say things the wrong way, but I know the point he's trying to get across. Like Trump, it's just his personality and his way of communicating.
Interesting. Did your friend demean and cheat people? Was he a serial philanderer? Was he a habitual liar?
Trump is all of these things.
Make Racism Wrong Again
4th and Inches
cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Interesting. Did your friend demean and cheat people? Was he a serial philanderer? Was he a habitual liar?
he who has no sin cast the first stone...
cinque
Gruvin said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Who's casting stones? I just accurately described some of Trump's dimensions of behavior.
Make Racism Wrong Again
cinque
Florda_mike said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Continual dumazz questions from this loser

My gosh I wish you'd just self combust and be gone
You're a racially anxious Trump voter. Relax. You're not alone.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Florda_mike
cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

And who are you? Where are you from? Married? More than once? Gay? College degree? From where? HS grad even? That's starters!? Crickets?

Chuckles?
4th and Inches
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Who's casting stones? I just accurately described some of Trump's dimensions of behavior.
you described what you precieve to be accurate and what you believe to be encompassing as you recite them often without much variation. You cast stones... if you cast no stones then you have never lied, cheated, demeaned anyone... ever
riflebear
How sad is it that liberals are still trying to figure out why (or making up why) Trump won almost 2 years later?

I would say the ratio of people who voted for Obama because he was black is probably 100 to 1 when compared to who voted for Trump because he was white. I know NO ONE who voted for Trump or against Obama because of race.

Not that Cinque or anyone else cares but I think there were 5 main reasons Trump won but the first 2 were the main reasons.

1. Supreme Court Justice
2. Hillary was awful in every way
3. People were tired of seeing illegals break the law + build the wall (that's not being racist)
4. He sold his vision on the economy & tax cuts and bringing back jobs to the middle class
5. Tired of the biased Media & Hollywood telling u what to do & covering for corrupt Obama Administration

Extra Credit: International Billionaire Businessman > Community Organizer
Exit polls showed Trump having more Latino & black votes than Romney.

I've been pleasantly surprised w/ Trump but like any President there are areas I wish he was different. But, what has surprised me most is:

1. Very Pro Life & Pro Faith
2. Workaholic, he's a machine that never stops
3. Tax Cuts
4. North Korea

I can't imagine what else he could or would have accomplished if this fake Russian conspiracy hadn't hung over his head the last 18 months. It's pathetic what the media & Liberals (&FBI/DOJ) tried to pull and we're seeing it again w/ the illegal immigration debate.

Florda_mike
Great post Riflebear!
cinque
Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

you described what you precieve to be accurate and what you believe to be encompassing as you recite them often without much variation. You cast stones... if you cast no stones then you have never lied, cheated, demeaned anyone... ever
Are you suggesting that I can't provide documented proof of Trumps behavior as described in my eralier post?
Make Racism Wrong Again
4th and Inches
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

cinque said:

Are you suggesting that I can't provided documented proof of Trumps behavior as described in my eralier post?
Are you suggesting you've never done any of the things you accuse him of?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.