Would you have kicked Seth out of your home?

17,550 Views | 396 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Florda_mike
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bubbadog said:

TexasScientist said:

Forest Bueller said:

TexasScientist said:

Some people can't tolerate expression of any view contrary to their own, and they are hypocritical when it comes to politics. If Obama, or Bush behaved like Trump, Trump supporters would be railing against either of them. They quickly condemned Bill Clinton for his behavior, which pales in comparison to Trump's. They said Clinton was unworthy of the office, despite whether you liked his policies. Conduct in office should be an overriding factor. There is a lot of hypocrisy in Trump supporters. Bush and Obama, whether you liked their policies or not, conducted themselves with dignity.
Pretty solid post really. Trump isn't going to conduct himself with dignity. I will say though you can dislike his antics and morals without expecting him to lose the office of the President.

I believe he would lose the republican nomination, if one solid dignified candidate ran against him.
Really? I don't see that. Kasich? Rubio? Corker? Ben Sasse? Nikki Haley? I don't see any of them beating Trump. Solid and dignified make them the anti-Trump, and the party is so tilted to Trump now that an anti-Trump isn't going to win.

My gosh that's twice in 2 days we've agreed

Scary
bubbadog
Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

TexasScientist said:

Forest Bueller said:

TexasScientist said:

Some people can't tolerate expression of any view contrary to their own, and they are hypocritical when it comes to politics. If Obama, or Bush behaved like Trump, Trump supporters would be railing against either of them. They quickly condemned Bill Clinton for his behavior, which pales in comparison to Trump's. They said Clinton was unworthy of the office, despite whether you liked his policies. Conduct in office should be an overriding factor. There is a lot of hypocrisy in Trump supporters. Bush and Obama, whether you liked their policies or not, conducted themselves with dignity.
Pretty solid post really. Trump isn't going to conduct himself with dignity. I will say though you can dislike his antics and morals without expecting him to lose the office of the President.

I believe he would lose the republican nomination, if one solid dignified candidate ran against him.
Really? I don't see that. Kasich? Rubio? Corker? Ben Sasse? Nikki Haley? I don't see any of them beating Trump. Solid and dignified make them the anti-Trump, and the party is so tilted to Trump now that an anti-Trump isn't going to win.

Scary
Though it kind of goes against what this forum is apparently all about, I really would rather agree with you than disagree.

In that spirit, to follow up on the question we agreed on, let me ask this:

If, somehow, one of those more centrist Republicans I mentioned above were to be the GOP nominee in 2020, would they have as good a chance as Trump to win the general election? I think they would. But none of them would beat him for the nomination.
TexasScientist
bubbadog said:

TexasScientist said:

Forest Bueller said:

TexasScientist said:

Flake possibly even Pence. I don't believe Trump has much more than a solid 40% base within the republican party. That's what he had in 2016, which stayed with him through the primaries. If there were only one other candidate running against him last time, he would not have achieved the nomination. The field of 16 worked to his advantage. He now has lost some of his core support through his behavior. I believe those defectors would go for another viable candidate fairly easy.

As far as the general election, he barely won the last one. This one will be quite different, unless the democrats are foolish enough to nominate Hillary again. In the last election, he had the good fortune run against the worst possible candidate the democrats could have fielded. I don't think they will do that this time.
GoneGirl
TexasScientist said:

Forest Bueller said:

TexasScientist said:

John Kasich was that candidate, and he only won his home state in the primary (which says a lot for him, since familiarity often breeds contempt). He scared me to death, because I disagreed with most of his views--and he is a religious as well as a traditional "limited government" conservative. He's also humorless and seemed dour to me. But he's honorable and capable and understands the role of the president and takes it seriously. He would have actually governed instead of grandstanding. He'd have been extremely effective. I'd have been dismayed by many of his policy positions. But he would not have appointed unqualified, self-aggrandizing cabinet members, and he would have taken the job seriously as a mission of service rather than an exercise in ego inflation and family and personal gain. And he certainly wouldn't have kowtowed to Vladimir Putin, while Trump assumed the doggie position.

Jeff Flake is another traditional and religious conservative whose views and appointees would have satisfied the policy desires of abortion opponents and evangelical Christians (even though he's a Mormon). And evangelicals support Mitt Romney. But Flake has been continually dissed for not lining up behind Trump, whom he correctly views as dishonorable and unqualified.

Florda_mike
bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

TexasScientist said:

Forest Bueller said:

TexasScientist said:

Scary
Though it kind of goes against what this forum is apparently all about, I really would rather agree with you than disagree.

If, somehow, one of those more centrist Republicans I mentioned above were to be the GOP nominee in 2020, would they have as good a chance as Trump to win the general election? I think they would. But none of them would beat him for the nomination.

Trump energizes voters unlike politicians and especially now in our anti establishment country! Both parties seem anti establishment but it's more obvious on right

No one can beat Trump on right imo, whether one ran against him or 100. We are tired of bs from plasticized politicians. Idk the left has an obama orator in its mist but that's what it would take for left to beat him. If economy, stock mkt, manufacturing jobs, unemployment stay in same area or even continue to get better why would even democrats be all up in arms to vote against him. Only thing that gives democrats a fighting chance is continuing to sway the weak minded with MSM, Hollywood and pro athlete propaganda at that point
bubbadog
Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

TexasScientist said:

Forest Bueller said:

TexasScientist said:

Scary

Trump energizes voters unlike politicians and especially now in our anti establishment country! Both parties seem anti establishment but it's more obvious on right

No one can beat Trump on right imo, whether one ran against him or 100. We are tired of bs from plasticized politicians. Idk the left has an obama orator in its mist but that's what it would take for left to beat him. If economy, stock mkt, manufacturing jobs, unemployment stay in same area or even continue to get better why would even democrats be all up in arms to vote against him. Only thing that gives democrats a fighting chance is continuing to sway the weak minded with MSM, Hollywood and pro athlete propaganda at that point
I agree that nobody in the GOP is going to beat Trump. The GOP has become the Trump Party.

But let's say something happens, such as Trump decides he doesn't want to run again. Then it's more of a wide-open race. Pence may toe the Trump line, but he doesn't have the same appeal as Trump; he's more of the kind of traditional politician that Trumpets don't like except for his evangelicalism.

So my question is this: Would a moderate Republican like Rubio or Kasich or Carly Fiorina or Corker be able to get enough support from the Trump wing to win a general election against a decent Democratic nominee? Or would Trump voters lose some of their enthusiasm?
Florda_mike
bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

TexasScientist said:

Forest Bueller said:

TexasScientist said:

Scary

I agree that nobody in the GOP is going to beat Trump. The GOP has become the Trump Party.

But let's say something happens, such as Trump decides he doesn't want to run again. Then it's more of a wide-open race. Pence may toe the Trump line, but he doesn't have the same appeal as Trump; he's more of the kind of traditional politician that Trumpets don't like except for his evangelicalism.

So my question is this: Would a moderate Republican like Rubio or Kasich or Carly Fiorina or Corker be able to get enough support from the Trump wing to win a general election against a decent Democratic nominee? Or would Trump voters lose some of their enthusiasm?

That would be like cutting off the legs of much of the republican vote

Anyone but Trump, right now, would never win Pennsylvania, Ohio or Florida to name just few

The candidates you mention are Deep State politicians just like all the rest and would be sacrificial lambs like McCain and Romney. They're just tools of Deep State now. Losers all
bubbadog
Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

TexasScientist said:

Forest Bueller said:

TexasScientist said:

Scary

Anyone but Trump, right now, would never win Pennsylvania, Ohio or Florida to name just few

The candidates you mention are Deep State politicians just like all the rest and would be sacrificial lambs like McCain and Romney. They're just tools of Deep State now. Losers all
OK. I asked the question and you gave me a straight answer.

So, do you think that any of those Republicans could have beaten Hillary in 2016? Or was Trump the only one?

If a lot of Republicans really didn't like Trump that much but thought Hillary was worse, is it logical to think that a Republicans without all of Trump's baggage might have done as well or better?
Florda_mike
bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

TexasScientist said:

Forest Bueller said:

TexasScientist said:

Scary

So, do you think that any of those Republicans could have beaten Hillary in 2016? Or was Trump the only one?

If a lot of Republicans really didn't like Trump that much but thought Hillary was worse, is it logical to think that a Republicans without all of Trump's baggage might have done as well or better?

Again Trump raises the blood psi for those exhausted with establishment politicians. He gets out the vote of %s that wouldn't vote again for another weak Romney or McCain. He was only non politician that would have fought back vs democrat machine on Clinton's and exposed them. Cruz, close, but despised by left and would have brought more out to vote Hillary and less than Trump for Cruz. Only winner was gonna be Trump. He doesn't lose ever(Art of Deal). Other republicans that ran were weak kneed and balless McCains. Sickening lot

^^^^^
That answers your second paragraph

Trump will win '20 if Dems don't find an orator like Obama. Him and Clinton were great in debates whenever they needed to be.
TexasScientist
Jinx 2 said:

TexasScientist said:

Forest Bueller said:

TexasScientist said:

John Kasich was that candidate, and he only won his home state in the primary (which says a lot for him, since familiarity often breeds contempt). He scared me to death, because I disagreed with most of his views--and he is a religious as well as a traditional "limited government" conservative. He's also humorless and seemed dour to me. But he's honorable and capable and understands the role of the president and takes it seriously. He would have actually governed instead of grandstanding. He'd have been extremely effective. I'd have been dismayed by many of his policy positions. But he would not have appointed unqualified, self-aggrandizing cabinet members, and he would have taken the job seriously as a mission of service rather than an exercise in ego inflation and family and personal gain. And he certainly wouldn't have kowtowed to Vladimir Putin, while Trump assumed the doggie position.

Jeff Flake is another traditional and religious conservative whose views and appointees would have satisfied the policy desires of abortion opponents and evangelical Christians (even though he's a Mormon). And evangelicals support Mitt Romney. But Flake has been continually dissed for not lining up behind Trump, whom he correctly views as dishonorable and unqualified.

I essentially agree with most of what you say. There are some viable alternatives to Trump within the Republican Party. If they can limit the field to one that most will rally behind, Trump could lose the nomination. Lyndon Johnson saw the handwriting on the wall and didn't run again. Trump may do the same.
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

TexasScientist said:

Forest Bueller said:

TexasScientist said:

Scary

Again Trump raises the blood psi for those exhausted with establishment politicians. He gets out the vote of %s that wouldn't vote again for another weak Romney or McCain. He was only non politician that would have fought back vs democrat machine on Clinton's and exposed them. Cruz, close, but despised by left and would have brought more out to vote Hillary and less than Trump for Cruz. Only winner was gonna be Trump. He doesn't lose ever(Art of Deal). Other republicans that ran were weak kneed and balless McCains. Sickening lot

^^^^^

Trump will win '20 if Dems don't find an orator like Obama. Him and Clinton were great in debates whenever they needed to be.
Most any Republican would have beaten Hillary in 16. It will be the reverse in 20. Most any Democrat will beat Trump, and it will be his own fault. As of now, most of the economic metrics will be in his favor, but public disdain for his behavior will override the economy.
Waco1947
Oh god I hope disdain overrides greed and racism but I have my doubts. There is core that is unshakable.
When His supporters and the party let him get away with the audio p**** grabbing tape, it was inexcusable and deplorable.
BUT the good news is women got fired up and said to themselves and one another "We can't let this happen again."
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

Florda_mike said:

bubbadog said:

TexasScientist said:

Forest Bueller said:

TexasScientist said:

Scary

^^^^^

Most any Republican would have beaten Hillary in 16. It will be the reverse in 20. Most any Democrat will beat Trump, and it will be his own fault. As of now, most of the economic metrics will be in his favor, but public disdain for his behavior will override the economy.

Those NE union workers will vote move heavily for Trump in '20 than '16

People vote their pocketbooks and union manufacturing jobs are here and increasing again

Your democrats need to find way to crash economy somehow like they did in '07 when they allowed 25,000,000 subprime loans. Only problem they have this time is they won't have a hapless McCain that co-signs democrats crashing economy and agrees to be sacrificial lamb. Trump will expose what democrats do to crash the economy this time

That's how it'll work as high interest rates will injure housing market, again, in about 18 months. People will be fearing '07 all over again but it won't be as bad although I've heard NINJA loans are back too!? But Trump will say "isn't it funny how Fed never raised interest rates during Obama's ENTIRE 8 YEARS and as soon as I was president they immediately rose and are still rising!" And the people might just believe him and vote in greater numbers than before

We'll see .......

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.