CAB makes appearance at UH fball practice

16,669 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by xiledinok
RegentCoverup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

This is actually making far less of a media splash then I thought it would have.

Maybe he is turning into old scandal news with Urban and Maryland coach in the news

Fewer and fewer schools are willing to pay people to criticize their decisions.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
hodedofome
I can't believe a father would want to see his son at work in his public profile job. What kind of person is this Art Briles guy?
4th and Inches
didnt Major dip his applewhite in a student trainer at UT?

Also curious how a guy visits his son at practice is having anything to do with the program. My family stop by my work from time to time and nobody tweets about it.

#realfakenews
GhettoHEBear
This ongoing harassment of Briles is unbelievable
Baylor Mafioso
sombear
I've been critical of those on here who pretend that CAB did nothing wrong, and I've said he was responsible for the program and should have done more. I also understand why he may never coach a major program again. HOWEVER, he was and is a good man who deserves a second chance in life, and these hypocrites who shame anyone who gets within a mile of CAB are unhinged. These are the same "activists" who whine every time a true actual criminal is jailed and cry about sentencing being too long. CAB has never been accused of a crime or anything close to it and has 60 years of doing good. I know it's not a perfect analogy because he's not in jail, but these nutjobs want to all but put him there. Cheers to UH and good to see CAB. I wish him well . . . with one caveat: I hope he is not behind some of the old guard trying to rewrite history, just as I hoped he did not approve of his former staff quitting on Grobe and the players.
RegentCoverup
I wonder why Notre Dame won't let her speak to their program??

Bear15
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

there really isn't any reason to let Brenda Tracy or Rachel Baribeau on a college campus. They work for ESPN. They need the college athletes to make a business. If you let them on campus, you take the risk of having them run to the media and demand your resignation.

Teaching young people ethics and morality isn't the domain of radical feminists. A testimonial story is very persuasive, but there are locally qualified people for that. Amy Cotner at Penn State does the same service, she has Ph.d and knows Title IX as well. A victims testimonial is good, but it lacks practical advice and clearly there is a professionalism issue. This is where the game needs to push back on the media. You can't let ESPN continue to destroy amateur athletics by letting them exploit stories. ESPN isn't remotely concerned about victims. .

This social justice warrior knee jerk commentary will die when AD's figure out they're handing them the knives.

I agree with you 100% on Brenda Tracy, she is a true evil b-tch and fraud, but Rachel has a complete different message and is supportive of anyone who wants to hear her narrative. It's about being a man and a better man. Not bad for the younger kids to hear and older ones to help be their mentors. She does not ask for a dime either.

Tracy just comes in and plays the victim card. If you pay her a certain amount of money, she will cover for you if anything happens. If you don't, you are fair game on everything.
DTBear
PartyBear
Who is Brenda Tracey that UH has to reassure her an individual won't be around their program or school? Why does she think she is so important that UH or any other school has to do what she wants or answer to her? That is pretty narcissistic.
Bear15
PartyBear said:

Who is Brenda Tracey that UH has to reassure her an individual won't be around their program or school? Why does she think she is so important that UH or any other school has to do what she wants or answer to her? That is pretty narcissistic.
The b-tch can create a sh-t storm on twitter to take the focus of your players, coaches and fans off the football field unless you are willing to pay her cash to back off.
Forest Bueller
Jacques Strap said:

I kinda wish the UH head coach would tweet something like "all of our coaches and players are welcome to have their family members visit our practices."

Wish I could give this more stars.
Forest Bueller
PartyBear said:

Pretty narcissistic? She has no authority at all, but acts like she has more control than the President.

She is as crazy as I've seen.
boognish_bear
MilliVanilli said:

#NotOurProblem

At least this isn't our problem, although Baylor's name inevitably gets drug into it.

You would think...but the majority of comments on these tweets are about how bad Baylor is....instead of criticizing UH for letting him be there
YoakDaddy
BoonDockSaint said:

These freaks are going to keep on until UH admin bans Art from Campus or even going to a game

UH does what Tillman says. Tillman likes Briles. That's why he was on the short list for Major's job...Major only got it because Briles was too hot of an issue at the time.
canoso
GhettoHEBear said:

He did beat UT and OU regularly. But, the harassment is coming to an end. Could be sooner than any of us thinks.
YoakDaddy
boognish_bear said:

I wouldn't worry about these tweets. Nobody reads the Chronicle. They consistently re-post their articles and op-ed pieces because they can't get the clicks.
NoBSU
canoso said:

GhettoHEBear said:

He did beat UT and OU regularly. But, the harassment is coming to an end. Could be sooner than any of us thinks.
LOL
RegentCoverup
Like I said, she's just not gonna be relevant anymore. Someone at UH figured out the game and decided to call her bluff.

SATXBear
DTBear said:

He looks and sounds confident. Thanks for posting.
Eball
It is just sad to see the complete misrepresentation and misunderstanding of what happened at BU and how if any CAB was involved be repeated in the media...it is a complicated issue most of us no matter which side you are on realize that.

As far as college football media goes he is the face of the BU scandal...it is all about him recruiting rapist, protecting rapist and allowing them to prey on the women of BU...

This is why I am so disappointed with BU administration and the BOR and some of our fans we all know he was not what he is being portrayed as, yet we just are to scared to come to his defense for fear of being branded by social media as a rape enabler just like CAB.

Think about this...not fired for cause and paid over 15 million as a buy out, not charged with any crime, not specifically named in the FOF, no other sanctions adjudged against him to date and yet made an absolute pariah by social media...

If you really think about it is scary.
NoBSU
Eball said:

It is just sad to see the complete misrepresentation and misunderstanding of what happened at BU and how if any CAB was involved be repeated in the media...it is a complicated issue most of us no matter which side you are on realize that.

As far as college football media goes he is the face of the BU scandal...it is all about him recruiting rapist, protecting rapist and allowing them to prey on the women of BU...

This is why I am so disappointed with BU administration and the BOR and some of our fans we all know he was not what he is being portrayed as, yet we just are to scared to come to his defense for fear of being branded by social media as a rape enabler just like CAB.

Think about this...not fired for cause and paid over 15 million as a buy out, not charged with any crime, not specifically named in the FOF, no other sanctions adjudged against him to date and yet made an absolute pariah by social media...

He had two players convicted of sexual assault. You can blame who you want for that. It is a reality. It is serious.

If you take the money and sign the NDA, then you set your path. That is not a path of Tshirt sales and watching games in person. Run silent, run deep (that is a submarine reference in case you were wondering). Briles should fire and never speak to again whoever put him on ESPN so soon and with that message, that prep. Play golf. Fish every day. Travel. Three things that would of had him coaching at an American university today.

Two convictions. That is reality. We knew that two years ago. We know that today.
Eball
NoBSU said:

Eball said:

He had two players convicted of sexual assault. You can blame who you want for that. It is a reality. It is serious.

If you take the money and sign the NDA, then you set your path. That is not a path of Tshirt sales and watching games in person. Run silent, run deep (that is a submarine reference in case you were wondering). Briles should fire and never speak to again whoever put him on ESPN so soon and with that message, that prep. Play golf. Fish every day. Travel. Three things that would of had him coaching at an American university today.

Two convictions. That is reality. We knew that two years ago. We know that today.

That is the Hypocrisy we knew about both convictions as did the world it was public record and we did nothing about it then it was only after an investigation into how BU deals with the victims that suddenly we look back and say well even if he not responsible for title IX and did not specifically cover up SA's then he still should have been fired for the two convictions...well if true why did we wait?
NoBSU
Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

That is the Hypocrisy we knew about both convictions as did the world it was public record and we did nothing about it then it was only after an investigation into how BU deals with the victims that suddenly we look back and say well even if he not responsible for title IX and did not specifically cover up SA's then he still should have been fired for the two convictions...well if true why did we wait?
The first valid question that I have read in your posts. Why did we wait?
Sampi82
Brian Ethridge said:

whitetrash said:

xiledinok said:

Brenda is a for profit operation.
Brenda would be a big enough idiot to believe UH would set the expectation in anything.
Someone's kid is looking up to Major. You will not even see that occurrence at Texas.

7-11 does not have TVs to watch in their stores. Their employees would never have a chance to watch Brenda and OTL at noon unless they worked the late shift at the 24 hour store.
They have magazines for sale under the counter. They don't need to watch BT to see fake t*tties.

Under the counter? They're in plain sight.

At an unbranded 7-Eleven maybe but not at a branded fuel 7-Eleven which is a big no-no with fuel brands.
Bruiser85
I live in Houston and loathe Jenny Dial Creech. She jumps at every opportunity to criticize Baylor. She's an OU graduate but rarely ever jumpson OU and all their misdeeds. I wish she would get fired by the Chronicle!
xiledinok
Eball said:

He is the face of rape. You got that right. Don't add gasoline to a fire you cannot contain.

Does Houston need a cold weather game plan? I ll send them one as an early Christmas gift.
bunation
boognish_bear said:

Please don't post trash on this site. Thanks.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
NoBSU said:

canoso said:

GhettoHEBear said:

LOL
So which part was funny? The beating UT and OU regularly or the harassment of Art Briles coming to an end?
Eball
NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

The first valid question that I have read in your posts. Why did we wait?
So what is your answer? Is it fair after the fact to come back and offer up the actual convictions of Tevin and Sam themselves and say this is why he had to be let you go? Why did they wait? Clearly. no matter how bad you may think it is these incidents did not move the powers that be to make a change at the time they occurred. So why would you use them now to say the actions to terminate CAB were based on those convictions?

As bad as I hate to even acknowledge X or that he even posts on this forum he gets it...all about the social media storm...Twitter blows up with folks talking about a bad look hacks from different media outlets start running with opinions instead of facts and then some body worries that their reputation is getting hurt so they cave...which just creates more fodder for later...CAB can't work in Cleveland...CAB cant work in Canada Cab can't work anywhere despite no real info concerning his specific wrong doing just rank speculation. I mean this should be chilling to all...

Except you know what other than the shills and shrill voices screaming on twitter most people could care less and if someone would just say we have done our vetting and we are ok moving forward it dies down...you win games attendance and donations stay up and everybody is happy. Every coach on his staff has gotten other opportunities to coach in college ball...but not CAB. Heck every coach coached at BU after the fact...

The inconsistency in treatment and extreme hate for CAB is just disgusting especially from a lot of folks who cheered him wildly and enjoyed all the success right through it all.

I just think it is gutless for someone at BU to stand up and say we had to make a change for optics but their was showing that CAB did anything wrong in regard to the victims of the SA's. ( oh wait they did that in a letter) but when the letter was attacked and blown off as legal ease they did nothing to say look we paid the guy his buy out if he had done anything so wrong as to justify termination with cause we would have done so.

It would have saved us a ton of money and it would have not insulted the victims to pay the guy most responsible for their pain!

It stinks and is unfair...
riflebear
PartyBear said:

Briles is the best thing to happen to Tracey. No one would know about her nor would she have a 'career' in what she's doing w/out him. The more she can drag this out the better it is for her pocket book. As many have said, he's not part of their program, he just stopped by like any other parent of a player or coach would. This is why 95% of the media has zero respect anymore.
Eball
My gosh look who is President and all the negative social media and regular media directed at him....accused of and on tape admitting a lot worse things than CAB has ever done or thought of doing...He is the poster child for all of us, that social media and the regular media is only powerful if you allow it to be! If a college had hired CAB a year ago they would have faced some scorn but if he was winning games the fans be there the money donors would be there and we would be down the road to the next social media crisis. At some point folks need to stop allowing their decisions to be totally about media perception and do the right thing.

I express no opinion on Trump nor do I desire to have a political debate he is used as an example only...
PartyBear
NoBSU do you really think two convictions warrants Briles being harrassed?
RegentCoverup
riflebear said:

PartyBear said:

Briles is the best thing to happen to Tracey. No one would know about her nor would she have a 'career' in what she's doing w/out him. The more she can drag this out the better it is for her pocket book. As many have said, he's not part of their program, he just stopped by like any other parent of a player or coach would. This is why 95% of the media has zero respect anymore.
That's true.

She lost big yesterday, her peers on the media just yawned and the leadership at UH isn't budging.
Now here's the part I find interesting. the UH president is female.

https://www.uh.edu/president/about/

Brenda doesn't seem to want that fight.
Forest Bueller
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

riflebear said:

PartyBear said:

That's true.

She lost big yesterday, her peers on the media just yawned and the leadership at UH isn't budging.
Now here's the part I find interesting. the UH president is female.

https://www.uh.edu/president/about/

Brenda doesn't seem to want that fight.

And why did the media yawn?

A father simply dropped by to see his son at work, and spend a little time talking and socializing,

Are those idiots really so inhumane that they would have issue with that. Are they that big a morons.

They may well be, but aside Brenda they are smart enough to keep their mouth shut.
Forest Bueller
And possibly this will be the last time that stupid ***** can snap her finger in condemnation and everybody in the media jump like little trained chihuahua dogs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.