No Cinque threads, ahhhhhh

15,291 Views | 171 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You, Sir, have one of the most negative outlooks on humankind and life in general of anyone I have ever seen post here. I actually feel sorry for you. I hope you can somehow find some happiness in the coming years and can somehow be proud of who you are and who your parents were instead of constantly apologizing for it.
. And you sir spin relentlessly and oh you project a lot of your self hate on to others. You have called to live a Christlike life and fail miserably and take it on others. You need a thorough self inventory b
Self hate? You must have the wrong guy. I happen to like the person I am. You, Sir, are really in no position to judge me or the life I have lived or lead. That is not your place. There is only one Judge and you are not Him.

My message to you was not an attack. It was wishing that somehow you find happiness. I am sorry that you were insulted by such a message.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
bubbadog
Midnight Rider said:

A few points here:

1. I didn't pay a lot of attention to cinque, because his/her opinions were so predictable. Sort of like the left's answer to Doc Holiday.

2. He/she did, however, give a smidgen of balance to this board, which is now sorely lacking.

3. Was cinque a he or a she? It was never revealed to my knowledge. I got the impression that cinque was referred as a she by those who were trying to lodge a lame insult.

4. If cinque was the most racist individual you have ever communicated with, you have lived a sheltered life.

Cinque identified himself several times as male. I share your impression that the references to being a female were made by made by posters who never advanced beyond a junior high level of maturity or wit.

It seemed to me that most of what he posted here were just links to news stories that otherwise would not have been posted here because they were inconvenient to the dominant right-wing narrative here. He didn't add a whole lot of his own commentary.

Simply posting those kinds of stories was a trigger for a lot of the posters here. I think he knew that and was purposefully trolling them. But going way back on Baylor Fans, I don't remember him always being a troll. My recollection is that he didn't post all that much when I first joined BF. He identified himself as black and a Democrat and got attacked for both. Then it seemed like he retaliated by trolling.

Besides cinque, there are two other regular posters here who are identified as African American. I've seen all of them subjected to comments that by any reasonable standard would be called racist. One of them usually deflects this stuff with humor while making his point. Another is a bit more forthright. Cinque's response was to troll with news stories. But I rarely saw him resort to name calling.

I'm curious to know what he wrote that got him banned. Several posters claim to have seen the offending post and say that it was egregiously racist. But to my knowledge no one has even offered a sanitized summary of what he said.

This site in general may be the most poorly moderated board I've ever seen. The owners' claim that they don't come here because they don't care about politics is pretty pathetic. Hard for me to muster much respect for them. If you're going to host an R&P forum on your site, then it's yours, and you have a responsibility to moderate it. If you don't want the responsibility, then kill the R&P forum and stick to sports.
riflebear
They found him...

whitetrash
riflebear said:

They found him...

All this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter 'bout
Shmatta, shmatta, shmatta, I can't give it away on 7th Avenue
This town's been wearing tatters (shattered, sha ooobie shattered)
Malbec
Quote:

He identified himself as black and a Democrat and got attacked for both.
That's a load of horse****. Cinque was not attacked for being black. There were plenty of other reasons to criticize someone whose hero was a radical murderer. Being black was never one of those.
Doc Holliday
bubbadog said:

Midnight Rider said:

A few points here:

1. I didn't pay a lot of attention to cinque, because his/her opinions were so predictable. Sort of like the left's answer to Doc Holiday.

2. He/she did, however, give a smidgen of balance to this board, which is now sorely lacking.

3. Was cinque a he or a she? It was never revealed to my knowledge. I got the impression that cinque was referred as a she by those who were trying to lodge a lame insult.

4. If cinque was the most racist individual you have ever communicated with, you have lived a sheltered life.

Cinque identified himself several times as male. I share your impression that the references to being a female were made by made by posters who never advanced beyond a junior high level of maturity or wit.

It seemed to me that most of what he posted here were just links to news stories that otherwise would not have been posted here because they were inconvenient to the dominant right-wing narrative here. He didn't add a whole lot of his own commentary.

Simply posting those kinds of stories was a trigger for a lot of the posters here. I think he knew that and was purposefully trolling them. But going way back on Baylor Fans, I don't remember him always being a troll. My recollection is that he didn't post all that much when I first joined BF. He identified himself as black and a Democrat and got attacked for both. Then it seemed like he retaliated by trolling.

Besides cinque, there are two other regular posters here who are identified as African American. I've seen all of them subjected to comments that by any reasonable standard would be called racist. One of them usually deflects this stuff with humor while making his point. Another is a bit more forthright. Cinque's response was to troll with news stories. But I rarely saw him resort to name calling.

I'm curious to know what he wrote that got him banned. Several posters claim to have seen the offending post and say that it was egregiously racist. But to my knowledge no one has even offered a sanitized summary of what he said.

This site in general may be the most poorly moderated board I've ever seen. The owners' claim that they don't come here because they don't care about politics is pretty pathetic. Hard for me to muster much respect for them. If you're going to host an R&P forum on your site, then it's yours, and you have a responsibility to moderate it. If you don't want the responsibility, then kill the R&P forum and stick to sports.
I don't think it's fair for you to criticize the moderators, especially after you just admitted that you don't know what got him banned.

He called black individuals who vote Republican an extremely racist term. He's shared stories from the root.com. He called whites 'cracker' regularly. And his responses were generally not constructive at all.

No one from the dominant right-wing narrative here is doing anything remotely close to that behavior.
Edmond Bear
bubbadog said:

Midnight Rider said:

A

Yeah, I don't have this same impression at all. He didn't just post stories from radical left sites and walk away. I learned to not click on any post he started.

I had to put Cinque on ignore because of his constant trolling and comments. He wasn't interested in adding to the conversation. He just trolled.
Florda_mike
riflebear said:

They found him...

Ummmm

He may find himself in jail in morning with some broken bones in right hand and have no clue how that throbbing pain happened! He's throwing some pretty strong punches at that solid surface! Wow, ouch!
Canada2017
Edmond Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Midnight Rider said:

A

Yeah, I don't have this same impression at all. He didn't just post stories from radical left sites and walk away. I learned to not click on any post he started.

I had to put Cinque on ignore because of his constant trolling and comments. He wasn't interested in adding to the conversation. He just trolled.

Was more to it than that.

pennies
bubbadog
Edmond Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Midnight Rider said:

A

I didn't try to read all of his threads. From those I read, the stories he posted tended to come more from mainstream sources, as I recall. Or at least they were stories that were widely reported in the media but hadn't received any attention here. The sources he posted from were not even comparable to some of the crazy fringe sites and twitter feeds I see as sources from certain other posters.
Canada2017
Bull****
bubbadog
Canada2017 said:

Bull****
Bud, you're one of the most factually unreliable people I've ever encountered on this site. You just make up **** about people you don't know because it makes you feel better and you think it insults them. How many times have you claimed, with no knowledge whatsoever, that cinque was a welfare bum? If I had a nickel for everyone of those times, I could take in a movie tonight and buy some Raisinettes, too. "Serial" would not be an inaccurate word for the kind of lying you do about people here.

Toward those with whom you disagree, you consistently spew hate. That wouldn't be an especially big deal around here, except that you turn around and claim that a poster like cinque is the most hateful poster you've ever seen.

Let's just say that your self-awareness is low.
Osodecentx
bubbadog said:

Canada2017 said:

Bull****

Toward those with whom you disagree, you consistently spew hate. That wouldn't be an especially big deal around here, except that you turn around and claim that a poster like cinque is the most hateful poster you've ever seen.

irony - a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.

bubbadog
Osodecentx said:

bubbadog said:

Canada2017 said:

Bull****

irony - a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.

You work in the law. Words have meanings. Contempt and hatred -- not the same thing.
Edmond Bear
bubbadog said:

Edmond Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Midnight Rider said:

A

I didn't try to read all of his threads. From those I read, the stories he posted tended to come more from mainstream sources, as I recall. Or at least they were stories that were widely reported in the media but hadn't received any attention here. The sources he posted from were not even comparable to some of the crazy fringe sites and twitter feeds I see as sources from certain other posters.

Before putting him on ignore, I started posting Media Bias Check links behind stories he posted because they were from the wacko sites.

bubbadog
Edmond Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Edmond Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Midnight Rider said:

A

Before putting him on ignore, I started posting Media Bias Check links behind stories he posted because they were from the wacko sites.

I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I didn't read a lot of his threads. But I did notice that a lot of the thread subjects that could be gleaned from the thread title involved stories that were widely in the news but were drawing no attention here.

For example, one of the biggest stories in the news right now involves the murder of a Saudi dissident. Haven't noticed anything about that here. I suspect cinque would have started a thread about that.

There's the story about the woman in St. Louis who called the police on a young black man for trying to enter the condo he was legally renting. And another story about the white woman in NYC who called 9-1-1 and falsely accused a 9-year-old boy of sexually assaulting her in a grocery story (the store's video cam showed his backpack brushed her as he tried to walk past with his mother). Both of those are pretty outrageous stories that would make normal people shake their heads. I suspect cinque would have posted both (and, inevitably, then been accused of racism for calling attention to bad behavior with a racial dimension to it).

There's was also a big story in the past week or two by Dexter Filkins (award-winning war correspondent and author) about ties between the Trump campaign and Russian banks. I imagine cinque would have posted about that. The story appeared in the New Yorker, which is hardly a fringe publication. In fact, they have a track record for very solid reporting. I haven't seen anything about this article in other media so far, but it's an interesting story. Here's the link: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/10/15/was-there-a-connection-between-a-russian-bank-and-the-trump-campaign

bubbadog
Malbec said:

Quote:

That's a load of horse****. Cinque was not attacked for being black. There were plenty of other reasons to criticize someone whose hero was a radical murderer. Being black was never one of those.

OK, at the risk of taking the troll bait, I have to ask: Who is the radical murderer you're speaking of here?
Malbec
bubbadog said:

Malbec said:

Quote:

OK, at the risk of taking the troll bait, I have to ask: Who is the radical murderer you're speaking of here?
Who is trolling whom? That can't be a serious question.
bubbadog
Malbec said:

bubbadog said:

Malbec said:

Quote:

No, it was a serious question. I'm honestly not sure to whom you were referring.
corncob pipe
"I imagine cinque would have"

what a pantload.... you are cinque... along with the other Randy doper... and your wife
Malbec
bubbadog said:

Malbec said:

bubbadog said:

Malbec said:

Quote:

No, it was a serious question. I'm honestly not sure to whom you were referring.
Donald DeFreeze? Symbionese Liberation Army? Field Marshal Cinque?
bubbadog
corncob pipe said:

what a pantload.... you are cinque... along with the other Randy doper... and your wife
Wait till the orderlies find out you got into Nurse Ratched's computer again.
bubbadog
Malbec said:

bubbadog said:

Malbec said:

bubbadog said:

Malbec said:

Quote:

Donald DeFreeze? Symbionese Liberation Army? Field Marshal Cinque?
Oh, OK. I'd always thought that his name was a reference to the leader of the slave rebellion on the Amistad.

But I'm not sure he ever clarified that.

Is the SLA reference your conjecture, or was it something he explicitly stated?
corncob pipe
SHE maintained that she was a female person many times on B Fans
bubbadog
corncob pipe said:

And you said you were a woman who took up knitting sweaters in Montreal.

I took the news in stride.
Golem
Bubbadog appears to be crestfallen that there will no longer be racist vitriol spewed from the troll at black people. Yup, there just isn't enough anti-black racism on this site for the likes of bubba, fubar and quash. They really really want more anti-black racism. Meanwhile the rest of us, who refuse to engage in that garbage will simply enjoy the lack of racism on this site.
corncob pipe
so you agree.. she DID SAY SHE WAS A SHE... ?
Malbec
bubbadog said:

Oh, OK. I'd always thought that his name was a reference to the leader of the slave rebellion on the Amistad.

Why would someone with such obvious racial motivation use a moniker created by white slave traders? If he were intending to pay homage to that person, he would have used some derivation of Sengbe Pieh.
quash
corncob pipe said:

You are so deep in your own bull. High school hallway drama queen,

And, as is so often the case, wrong.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
EatMoreSalmon
Props to Bubbadog for the Nurse Ratched reference.. although from a different movie perhaps:
bubbadog
corncob pipe said:

so you agree.. she DID SAY SHE WAS A SHE... ?
No, I don't remember cinque ever saying that.

I do remember cinque saying that he/she had a bigger dick that one of you, but I don't recall who he/she was addressing. (And pardon me if I trespassed by presuming you have a dick. You were the one, through your alt-nick, who shared the picture of yourself as a woman in a Le Habs sweater.)
bubbadog
Malbec said:

bubbadog said:

Why would someone with such obvious racial motivation use a moniker created by white slave traders? If he were intending to pay homage to that person, he would have used some derivation of Sengbe Pieh.
So you're relying on conjecture?
Canada2017
corncob pipe said:

Yes....and on a couple of occasions....even referenced a 'husband '.

So if the sad little closet case was in fact a 'guy'......

Regardless 'it' will be back...no doubt.

Everyone gets another chance....even a full on racist .
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Canada2017 said:

corncob pipe said:

I remember my astonishment on a post where cinque FINALLY referred to himself as a HE. I wish I could remember the thread. It does not matter at this point. I took his word for it, but in reality, cinque was not an honest or sincere person.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

corncob pipe said:

I remember my astonishment on a post where cinque FINALLY referred to himself as a HE. I wish I could remember the thread. It does not matter at this point. I took his word for it, but in reality, cinque was not an honest or sincere person.

All in fun my friend....all in fun.

Only the internet .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.