Will educators make a difference in Lt Gov Race?

8,794 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Oldbear83
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They are a ticked off group. Many gop also lamented his bathroom issues.
Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

They are a ticked off group. Many gop also lamented his bathroom issues.
Bathroom issues? Does he have the collywobbles or what?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
303Bear
Had to google to find out who is running against Dan Patrick. So, no, doubt teachers, or anyone else, will make a difference.
Waco1947
Nope he played on transphobic fears
Waco1947
whitetrash
"Trans" = movement
"phobic" = fear

So if Dan has fear of movement, maybe that's his bathroom issue.
Edmond Bear

I'm getting a google ad on the right of the page that says "Collier for Lt. Governor. Fighting for affordable places to drop your kids off at the pool.".....or something like that.

Malbec
How do you make a difference in a race for a position that doesn't make a difference?
Waco1947
Malbec said:

How do you make a difference in a race for a position that doesn't make a difference?
. Lt Gov has great power in legislature
Waco1947
Waco1947
Malbec said:

. He held up the education bill over trans bathroom. Rank and file Rs were dumbfounded and educators totally pissed
Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

Malbec said:

. He held up the education bill over trans bathroom. Rank and file Rs were dumbfounded and educators totally pissed
If you have a little boy thingy, poop in the boy's room. If you have a little girl thingy, poop in the girl's bathroom. If you don't know what you are, just pick one, poop, give a courtesy flush, and get the Hell out. Nobody really cares where you poop. Just poop. It is really not that big of a deal.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

Malbec said:

If you have a little boy thingy, poop in the boy's room. If you have a little girl thingy, poop in the girl's bathroom. If you don't know what you are, just pick one, poop, give a courtesy flush, and get the Hell out. Nobody really cares where you poop. Just poop. It is really not that big of a deal.

Let it go. He did it and Rs resent it. He held the education hostage over stupidity. Teachers remember
Waco1947
cowboycwr
Malbec said:

The LT gov. Probably has more power and say in our state than the gov. It is a very important job that makes a huge difference.
cowboycwr
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

Malbec said:

Sounds simple enough but it isn't just about that. It includes locker rooms. Or going into the bathroom to check make up. And a boy who says he is a girl going in with other hs girls to change in the locker room.

Or at lower grades a first grader who doesn't truly understand the difference between boys and girls being exposed to the opposite sex privates in a bathroom.

A lot more issues than just pooping.
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

Malbec said:

Let it go. He did it and Rs resent it. He held the education hostage over stupidity. Teachers remember

Unlike you, most teachers think for themselves and don't let someone else tell them how to vote. While they may not like what he did they aren't going to vote against him just because of that.

And there are lots of teachers who supported his bathroom stance.
Osodecentx
Teachers are notorious in their inability to affect Texas statewide elections with the exception of 1978 (Mark White's re-election)
LIB,MR BEARS
It's just about pooping.

Cause everybody knows that
Stroking ain't allowed in school.
Born_A_Bear
Waco1947,
"Let it go. He did it and Rs resent it. He held the education hostage over stupidity. Teachers remember" -
What is your source?
Waco1947
Yes most teachers think for themselves and they know an idiot when they see one.
Waco1947
ScottS
Ah another 1947 thread. I can't get the time back.
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

Yes most teachers think for themselves and they know an idiot when they see one.

An idiot like you.
ScottS
To answer the question of the thread, I'm going to say no. I did a little googling and Patrick has out raised Collier 17 to 1 and leads by 6 to 10 points. But hey, who knows. Maybe a bunch of pissed off educators will put Collier over the top.
YoakDaddy
Osodecentx said:

Teachers are notorious in their inability to affect Texas statewide elections with the exception of 1978 (Mark White's re-election)

That was the early 80s if I remember correctly. My mom taught school for 35 years and if there was 1 governor she hated, it was White for having teachers have to pass a competency test. While she had no problem passing it, it was one more thing on the to-do list that added stress. Teachers I know liked the no pass-no play policy though.
YoakDaddy
cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

Malbec said:

Unlike you, most teachers think for themselves and don't let someone else tell them how to vote. While they may not like what he did they aren't going to vote against him just because of that.

And there are lots of teachers who supported his bathroom stance.

1947 talking out of ass again. Teachers, and I know dozens from across the state, don't want to have to referee who goes into whose restroom. Boys go to boys restroom and girls go to girls restroom.
LIB,MR BEARS
Educators lack of making a difference will make a difference. Their are tons of uneducated voters AND office holders.

To whom it may concern, lighten up Nancy. It's a joke!
Waco1947
Which is what I said so are you talking out yours too?
whiterock
Patrick is the only Texas GOP elected official at risk in this election. I'm a little worried Collier could sneak up & nip him.

It's bigger than just the bathroom issue cited above (on which he is right and not really vulnerable.) It's property tax increases. Democrats have successfully managed to control the volume of local reporting on the issue, blaming state lege budgets rather than the fraud that's occurring in the Appraisal Districts.
Waco1947
whiterock said:

Patrick is the only Texas GOP elected official at risk in this election. I'm a little worried Collier could sneak up & nip him.

It's bigger than just the bathroom issue cited above (on which he is right and not really vulnerable.) It's property tax increases. Democrats have successfully managed to control the volume of local reporting on the issue, blaming state lege budgets rather than the fraud that's occurring in the Appraisal Districts.
That's deflection. The GOP strategy is cut service and education funds and then kick the problem to local level. I believe that we are citizens who want an educated culture.
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

whiterock said:

That's deflection. The GOP strategy is cut service and education funds and then kick the problem to local level. I believe that we are citizens who want an educated culture.
Lip service says that you are correct regarding "we are citizens who want an educated culture." However, policy, actions and the PC Police over the last 20+ years would disagree with you.
Waco1947
Which "PC" policies?
YoakDaddy
whiterock said:

Agree with fraud in the Appraisal Districts. It's massive. I love how Ft. Bend County declares that having a bar ditch behind your house to be a waterway that increases home value.....
Waco1947
It cares away flood waters thus protecting your home?
Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

Which "PC" policies?
I ask again
fadskier
My wife and I will be voting for one Democrat this year...Collier over Patrick. It's an easy choice. While my wife and I are very conservative, one Democrat isn't going to turn this state blue. Dan Patrick is a complete moron.

and I agree that boys should use boys bathrooms/locker rooms and girls should use theirs but it should not be a state government mandate. Each school district and their voters can make that decision.
Osodecentx
I'll not be voting for Patrick, Paxton or Sid Miller
Waco1947
It carries away flood waters protecting your home
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.