NRA continues its self destruction

11,679 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

quash said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

Waco1947 said:

I shouldn't be surprised but the paranoia rage that erupts here is stunning in its depth and intensity.
It is immediate and reflexive.
Gun safety should be a concept to which we can all agree. Yet somehow 'gun safety' is transmuted into a lie. Strange indeed. The 2 words "gun safety" are so strongly opposed.
Gun safety means more to those of us who own guns.
. Please say more.

If you don't have a gun in your house gun safety is kinda irrelevant. We owners live with it, not in fear but in responsibility.
. Not to split too many hairs but a gun in the House means you do live in fear of home invasion. (And for some fear of government). You may be do it responsibly but fear is the driver
I live with the same fears but without a gun. . I wish the responsibility part was true of all of you. But we are all human.

Why do you have a lock on your door, a security camera, a fence around our yard...do you live in fear?
Waco1947
You read so well. I said I live with the same fears as you.
Waco1947
Waco1947
12 more dead. NRA keeps its mouth shut. They are losing their grip. That's a good thing. Shouting "Second Amendment" is not gun safety.
Waco1947
Waco1947
Waco1947
Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

12 more dead. NRA keeps its mouth shut. They are losing their grip. That's a good thing. Shouting "Second Amendment" is not gun safety.

How would you have prevented this from happening?
quash
Waco1947 said:

quash said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

Waco1947 said:

I shouldn't be surprised but the paranoia rage that erupts here is stunning in its depth and intensity.
It is immediate and reflexive.
Gun safety should be a concept to which we can all agree. Yet somehow 'gun safety' is transmuted into a lie. Strange indeed. The 2 words "gun safety" are so strongly opposed.
Gun safety means more to those of us who own guns.
. Please say more.

If you don't have a gun in your house gun safety is kinda irrelevant. We owners live with it, not in fear but in responsibility.
. Not to split too many hairs but a gun in the House means you do live in fear of home invasion. (And for some fear of government). You may be do it responsibly but fear is the driver
I live with the same fears but without a gun. . I wish the responsibility part was true of all of you. But we are all human.
And I wear shoes out of fear of stepping on a pop top. It could happen, but I have other reasons.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Waco1947
Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

How has doing nothing worked?
Waco1947
Waco1947
Quash, I went down a rabbit hole about fear in which i don't understand. The line of reasoning or the why.
BUT we all have objects in our homes that endanger our lives and fears in our lives and take precautions but suited for our families. Guns are not one of precautions for me. The danger is too overwhelming for me. You are free to make your own choices but don't pretend your gun does not endanger your home.
Waco1947
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

And in a state with gun laws so strict that that they even have a red flag law as part of its restrictions. As demonstrated by the murder rate in Chicago, laws make zero difference when crazy goes crazy.
xiledinok
Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

Gun safety begins with spreading the truthful information: people who bring guns into their homes are endangering themselves and their loved ones. David Frum
We have had guns in our direct family's home since the 1750s.

No written record of anyone in my family every have been hurt by a firearm.

I had 3 siblings and probably 40 weapons in the house....never so much as a scratch.

But yes a fire arm must always been treated with respect.

I have never read or heard someone describe their understanding of guns and loyalty to the gun cause by letting all know that your family has owned guns for every generation since at least the 1700s.
You should write a book about how each generation used those guns. From hunting and suicide to joy and anger to murder and self defense to sadness and humor, cover all the topics. If you are like some of us and never had a gun used for suicide, you can leave that part out.
Make sure you put in parts about roles of family members helping secure gun rights (Did they help author the Bill of Rights?).
Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

That's not an answer, that's a question.
Waco1947
Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

. You right it is. It is A question. That answer might help find a way forward because the old answers keep getting people killed.
Waco1947
Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

. You right it is. It is A question. That answer might help find a way forward because the old answers keep getting people killed.

So you have no suggestions other than to blame the NRA?
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

So you have no suggestions other than to blame the NRA?

He and stinque have no solutions. They just want to show their "concern" by politicizing a tragedy and attack the evil gun as their overlords have told them.

But neither of them says a word about all the shootings in Chicago, the black on black violence, gang violence, etc.

Their hypocrisy is clear.
El Oso
It's a heart problem not a gun problem.

From our friends across the pond:

During the first six months of the year, police recorded 39,332 knife crime offenses -- a 12 percent increase over last year, according to the Office for National Statistics. Other violent crimes, including murder and robbery, also increased by double-digit percentages.
quash
Waco1947 said:

Quash, I went down a rabbit hole about fear in which i don't understand. The line of reasoning or the why.
BUT we all have objects in our homes that endanger our lives and fears in our lives and take precautions but suited for our families. Guns are not one of precautions for me. The danger is too overwhelming for me. You are free to make your own choices but don't pretend your gun does not endanger your home.

It's not pretending, it is real: responsible gun ownership is not dangerous.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
riflebear
Doc Holliday
Would you cut off your pecker to help prevent rape?
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

Would you cut off your fingers to stop typing stupidit?
El Oso
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

You, of all people on this board, calling out someone for typing "stupidit."

If I wasn't in a surgery waiting room, I'd be busting my gut laughing right now.

And I'm not even talking about your ideas, just your overall typing skills.
Waco1947
El Oso said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

If I wasn't in a surgery waiting room, I'd be busting my gut laughing right now.

Again you are right my apologies. I should have said, "Doc, would cutting off your fingers stop from typing stupidity?"
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

El Oso said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Again you are right my apologies. I should have said, "Doc, would cutting off your fingers stop from typing stupidity?"
LOL.

A second attempt and you still can't get it right.
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

El Oso said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Let me do it for you little guy, since I genuinely feel bad for the mentally handicapped.

I should have said, "Doc, would cutting off your fingers stop you from typing stupid questions?"

You're welcome btw.
quash
riflebear said:

Heard that reported, accurately, on NPR. It was the magazine that was of illegal capacity.
quash
cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

El Oso said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

LOL.

Nothing wrong with "typing stupidity". A form of stupidity related to typing.
GoneGirl
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

El Oso said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Let me do it for you little guy, since I genuinely feel bad for the mentally handicapped.

I should have said, "Doc, would cutting off your fingers stop you from typing stupid questions?"

You're welcome btw.
I'm starting to understand your deep and abiding support for Trump. He also condescends to and insults people when they're right and he's wrong.
Doc Holliday
Jinx 2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

El Oso said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

You're welcome btw.
I'm starting to understand your deep and abiding support for Trump. He also condescends to and insults people when they're right and he's wrong.
You're no better. You talk down to us like we're immoral *******s or Nazis.
Waco1947
El Oso said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

. My typing skills are horrible. My apologies. So you are all over my case on this thread but over on the "God in control" thread I agree with your positions. It's like Dod Osos
bearassnekkid
Waco1947 said:

bearassnekkid said:

Asked and aswered, 47.

People who bring hair dryers into their homes are endangering themselves and their families.

So what.
. Yes they do. They take precautions. I'm not sure what you think I am arguing. I am only arguing awareness
Why? Nobody disputes that precautions should be taken with guns, hair dryers, etc. You've repeated something on multiple threads that is meaningless and goes without saying. So why do you keep saying?
Waco1947
Why do people arguing against it if it so stupid And obvious?
I post it because you argue against it. One day you will come to realize there are too damn many guns and it's way too easy to obtain them. So you need a reminder after gun tragedy that gun safety matters. Guns bring danger to our world.
cowboycwr
quash said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

El Oso said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

LOL.

Nothing wrong with "typing stupidity". A form of stupidity related to typing.

That is not what I was referring to. Go back a few words before that. He forgot "to"
curtpenn
Waco1947 said:

I post it because you argue against it. One day you will come to realize there are too damn many guns and it's way too easy to obtain them. So you need a reminder after gun tragedy that gun safety matters. Guns bring danger to our world.
A few minutes of research online could reveal to you that once one removes suicides, killings by law enforcement, and drugs/gang related killings (in a rather narrow demographic located in a handful of zip codes) from the total number of gun related deaths, it turns out that the danger of gun homicide is very similar to the rate of death by accidental drowning. Hell, bath tubs and swimming pools bring danger to our world. Why don't you rail about them? Or, does that not fit within your narrow world view?
Waco1947
curtpenn said:

Waco1947 said:

A few minutes of research online could reveal to you that once one removes suicides, killings by law enforcement, and drugs/gang related killings (in a rather narrow demographic located in a handful of zip codes) from the total number of gun related deaths, it turns out that the danger of gun homicide is very similar to the rate of death by accidental drowning. Hell, bath tubs and swimming pools bring danger to our world. Why don't you rail about them? Or, does that not fit within your narrow world view?
Why remove them? People kill themselves and others with guns. Gun safety matters.
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

curtpenn said:

Waco1947 said:

Why remove them? People kill themselves and others with guns. Gun safety matters.

Any tool in the hands of an idiot who doesn't know how to use it and maintain it dangerous.
quash
YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

curtpenn said:

Waco1947 said:

Any tool in the hands of an idiot who doesn't know how to use it and maintain it dangerous.

I think his point is that some suicides and murders are committed with well maintained, properly handled tools.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.