Baylor's President: Sexual-Assault Scandal 'Will Always Be a Part of Who We Are'

7,145 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Forest Bueller
Forest Bueller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FormerFlash said:

During my time at Baylor I worked directly with Kevin Jackson for several years. I know him to be a thoughtful leader, a caring Christian, and committed to the success of Baylor University and it's students. He is a good man. Let's stop throwing the baby out with the bathwater and jumping to the conclusion that anyone who was there at that time should be immediately ousted with no proof or insinuation they even did anything wrong.
This. The man was just doing his job.

As far as Livingston, it's not always what you say, but how you say it. She probably crafted her wording to be accepted by the academic community and not the average Baylor Alum.

Probably better if she just said nothing at this point.

But, because there have been 5 rapes reported in short order at Baylor, and a Baylor sorority posted an Instagram of themselves jumping around singing the "N" word in a rap song, she probably felt the need to bring it up.
BellCountyBear
I thought the Livingstone hire was smart when it happened. Now I think she's passed her expiration date.
PartyBear
Forest Bueller said:

FormerFlash said:

During my time at Baylor I worked directly with Kevin Jackson for several years. I know him to be a thoughtful leader, a caring Christian, and committed to the success of Baylor University and it's students. He is a good man. Let's stop throwing the baby out with the bathwater and jumping to the conclusion that anyone who was there at that time should be immediately ousted with no proof or insinuation they even did anything wrong.
This. The man was just doing his job.

As far as Livingston, it's not always what you say, but how you say it. She probably crafted her wording to be accepted by the academic community and not the average Baylor Alum.

Probably better if she just said nothing at this point.

But, because there have been 5 rapes reported in short order at Baylor, and a Baylor sorority posted an Instagram of themselves jumping around singing the "N" word in a rap song, she probably felt the need to bring it up.

It didnt sound like it was crafted at all let alone for the academic community. It was poorly worded.

The proper thing to say was the scandal happened. It is in the past, while it does not define who we are or even who we were, it is an experience we have learned lessons from to guide us now and in the future.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
We are Baylor. Rape and sexual assault is a part of who we will always be. That being said, please send your daughters and sons and money. Now let us pray..............
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Redbrickbear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

We are Baylor. Rape and sexual assault is a part of who we will always be. That being said, please send your daughters and sons and money. Now let us pray..............
lol
Malbec
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Stop it! We are also about domestic violence too. But, mostly we are all about allegations; that's who we are; it's in our DNA. Don't believe me? www.ancestry.com I hate it when we get short changed.
bularry
Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell
Radical leftist professors and administrators are beginning to indoctrinate Baylor students.

No different than any college since forever

And I liked just about all my professors and didn't know of any that were "radical left".
But keep your unsubstantiated hysteria alive
bularry
BellCountyBear said:

I thought the Livingstone hire was smart when it happened. Now I think she's passed her expiration date.

Oh my gosh
bularry
Florda_mike said:

BaylorOkie said:

I agree with you, and suspect Livingstone does, as well. Maybe "part of our history" would have been a better phrase, followed by how we learn from it.

But this how Baylor markets itself unfortunately

People that can't sell don't need to be in positions to sell the university

Unfortunately she is

If only she was as smart as you
DioNoZeus
bularry said:

Florda_mike said:

BaylorOkie said:

I agree with you, and suspect Livingstone does, as well. Maybe "part of our history" would have been a better phrase, followed by how we learn from it.

Unfortunately she is

He's a great representative of that Tceh degree
57Bear
bularry said:

Florda_mike said:

Unfortunately she is
Due tell!
Florda_mike
DioNoZeus said:

bularry said:

Florda_mike said:

BaylorOkie said:

Unfortunately she is

He's a great representative of that Tceh degree

Typical snot NoZ kid response
Aliceinbubbleland
https://goo.gl/images/WTLDBn

This is what a real University President looks likes. I was always doubtful of ours because she was picked by a BOR I despise. I now know I was right. She played right into their hands. It was probably written for her and she delivered.
Florda_mike
Thread justifies that often women lack what it takes to be president of much of anything
FormerFlash
bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell
Radical leftist professors and administrators are beginning to indoctrinate Baylor students.

And I liked just about all my professors and didn't know of any that were "radical left".
Unsubstantiated? This is common knowledge. You're an idiot if you deny it. This took me all of 4 seconds to google.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/6/liberal-professors-outnumber-conservatives-12-1/

Sic Everyone.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
bularry said:

Florda_mike said:

BaylorOkie said:

Unfortunately she is

That Oklahoma State degree seems to be serving her well!

-- Barack Obama
bear2be2
BaylorOkie said:

PartyBear said:

I think what she is trying to say is that it is part of our history and we will draw lessons from it now and in the future. Why she didn't just say it that way, I have no idea. We are terrible at messaging.

But that is how she said it:

"What happened will always be a part of who we are at Baylor. It will always be a part of our story. It will always be a part of what influences and informs the decisions that we make."
I struggle to see how anyone can have a problem with what she said here. I would be far more disturbed if we didn't view this episode in our history this way, learn from it and have those lessons guide our decision-making going forward.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

BaylorOkie said:

PartyBear said:

I think what she is trying to say is that it is part of our history and we will draw lessons from it now and in the future. Why she didn't just say it that way, I have no idea. We are terrible at messaging.

But that is how she said it:

"What happened will always be a part of who we are at Baylor. It will always be a part of our story. It will always be a part of what influences and informs the decisions that we make."
I struggle to see how anyone can have a problem with what she said here. I would be far more disturbed if we didn't view this episode in our history this way, learn from it and have those lessons guide our decision-making going forward.
We still have corrupt BOR's so we really haven't learned.
bear2be2
FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

Unsubstantiated? This is common knowledge. You're an idiot if you deny it. This took me all of 4 seconds to google.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/6/liberal-professors-outnumber-conservatives-12-1/
Baylor University is not inundated with radical left professors. The assertion is frankly laughable.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

Baylor University is not inundated with radical left professors. The assertion is frankly laughable.
It will be. That's the trend.
bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

No it won't. That's right-wing radio hysteria. Some you need to turn off Rush Limbaugh and Chris Plante long enough to come up for air every once in a while.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

No it won't. That's right-wing radio hysteria. Some you need to turn off Rush Limbaugh and Chris Plante long enough to come for air every once in a while.
Don't be naive.

TCU recently made this transition and there is no reason why it won't eventually happen at Baylor.

Are you a lefty?
bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

No it won't. That's right-wing radio hysteria. Some you need to turn off Rush Limbaugh and Chris Plante long enough to come for air every once in a while.
Don't be naive.

TCU recently made this transition and there is no reason why it won't eventually happen at Baylor.

Are you a lefty?
Nope, not a "lefty." I have no use for partisan hackery on either side of the American political aisle.

And no offense, but I don't need anyone whose opinions are as unbelievably predictable as yours on virtually every topic to lecture me on groupthink or naivety.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

Don't be naive.

Are you a lefty?
Nope, not a "lefty." I have no use for partisan hackery on either side of the American political aisle.

And no offense, but I don't need anyone whose opinions are as unbelievably predictable as yours on virtually every topic to lecture me on groupthink or naivety.
Groupthink lmao. Buddy, it's you that falls in line with the majority.
bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

Don't be naive.

Are you a lefty?

Depends on the issue. But that's life for a free-thinking, open-minded, truth-seeking individual.
Florda_mike
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

Don't be naive.

Are you a lefty?

Depends on the issue. But that's life for a free-thinking, open-minded, truth-seeking individual.

LMAO
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

Don't be naive.

Are you a lefty?

bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

Don't be naive.

Are you a lefty?

Some of my opinions fall in line with the majority. Many do not. But all are my own and arrived at through objective and honest deliberation of the facts and a good faith quest for the truth. The actual truth, not the one my political ideology and the media outlets strategically slanted toward my world view tell me I should believe.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

Don't be naive.

Are you a lefty?

Some of my opinions fall in line with the majority. Many do not. But all are my own and arrived at through objective and honest deliberation of the facts and a good faith quest for the truth. The actual truth, not the one my political ideology and the media outlets strategically slanted toward my world view tell me I should believe.
Just FYI, I hate both parties. I hate leftist ideology. I hate far right ideology.

But I see no indication that Baylor is immune to adopting what other Universities have which is radical feminist professors, staff and administration.
FormerFlash
bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

I agree with your post. I misread the post I was responding to. I thought he was challenging the well know fact that college campuses are absolutely dominated by left wing faculty, not that he was speaking about Baylor in particular. Hence why the article I linked was about faculty nationally. My mistake. That being said, I certainly hope Baylor has the fortitude to stand by it's Christian heritage forever. Most major universities have failed in that task.
Sic Everyone.
FormerFlash
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

Don't be naive.

Are you a lefty?

Have the courtesy to give others the benefit of that doubt. A different opinion than your freely arrived upon conclusion does not necessarily indicate the holder of that opinion is simply listening to Rush drone on 24/7. You were very quick to malign other opinions on this thread. The reality that Doc is referring to is certainly not implausible given the collegiate landscape in our country. As of right now, Baylor is a part of a very small minority. I think most on this board hope they stay that way, but history has shown very few do.
Sic Everyone.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ILLUMINATE!!!!

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ILLUMINATE!!!!
Where the lights shine bright!

...except for our findings of facts. That stays dark.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Doc Holliday said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ILLUMINATE!!!!
Where the lights shine bright!

...except for our findings of facts. That stays dark.
Almost four years now and still no facts. Baylor University has still not been honest with their alumni. I really don't expect that to change anytime soon.

-- Barack Obama
Forest Bueller
FormerFlash said:

bear2be2 said:

FormerFlash said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

bularry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Marxism killed Baylor.

I'm not even joking.

Oh, please, due tell

I agree with your post. I misread the post I was responding to. I thought he was challenging the well know fact that college campuses are absolutely dominated by left wing faculty, not that he was speaking about Baylor in particular. Hence why the article I linked was about faculty nationally. My mistake. That being said, I certainly hope Baylor has the fortitude to stand by it's Christian heritage forever. Most major universities have failed in that task.

This is a very factual statement. Underlining "most Universities have failed in that task".
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.