He is risen!

4,389 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BusyTarpDuster2017
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Mt 25. Jesus will show up in the poor, the immigrant (legal and illegal) the hungry, the prisoner.
He is risen indeed

Why do you reference Matthew 25? How do you know it's true? The gospels also say Jesus calmed a storm with just a command, and physically rose from the dead, and you've denied these. So what gives Matthew 25 any reliability and authority to you?

Ol 47 has granted himself the privilege to pick and chose what parts of the Bible are correct .

Also the privilege to flip flop daily .
BusyTarpDuster2017
Canada2017 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Mt 25. Jesus will show up in the poor, the immigrant (legal and illegal) the hungry, the prisoner.
He is risen indeed

Why do you reference Matthew 25? How do you know it's true? The gospels also say Jesus calmed a storm with just a command, and physically rose from the dead, and you've denied these. So what gives Matthew 25 any reliability and authority to you?

Ol 47 has granted himself the privilege to pick and chose what parts of the Bible are correct .

Yes, and it baffles me that he does this in order to, as he claims, reach secularists with the gospel.....
...as if those same secularists won't eventually notice that flaw, and end up thinking it's all crap, thus making things even worse than before.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

Mt 25 says Christ is in the least last and lost. You might remember that the next time you or dt demonizes people
Canada2017
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Canada2017 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

Yes, and it baffles me that he does this in order to, as he claims, reach secularists with the gospel.....
...as if those same secularists won't eventually notice that flaw, and end up thinking it's all crap, thus making things even worse than before.

Don't believe for a moment ol 47 is trying to reach anyone with the Gospel. Suspect he is at least moderately impaired.
Either do to a medication side effect or heavy drinking .

His charade has gone on for years . Periodically different folks will attempt to have a rational discussion with him....but he inevitably just goes in circles until they simply give up .

BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

Mt 25 says Christ is in the least last and lost. You might remember that the next time you or dt demonizes people

I demonize no one, except those who clearly demonize themselves by the doctrine of devils they follow.

You have Matthew 25 wrong. Jesus says "the least of these" are "these brothers of mine". Who are Jesus' brothers? Jesus spells it out earlier in the book, Matthew 12:48-50 - "....who are my brothers? And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

So Christ is in Christians. How you treat Christ's followers is how you treat him.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

I demonize no one, except those who clearly demonize themselves by the doctrine of devils they follow.

You have Matthew 25 wrong. Jesus says "the least of these" are "these brothers of mine". Who are Jesus' brothers? Jesus spells it out earlier in the book, Matthew 12:48-50 - "....who are my brothers? And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

So Christ is in Christians. How you treat Christ's followers is how you treat him.

That "interpretation" is horrible. So Christ is in Christians?
Wrong Mt 25: Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
When you did it to the least of these.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

Wrong Mt 25: Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

Waco, you might want to pay attention to the entire book of Matthew, rather than post one verse or two that you like and pretend Jesus is a follower of Waco.

For instance:

"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come." Matthew 12:31-32

"You serpents, you brood of vipers, how can you flee from the judgment of Gehenna?" Matthew 23:33

"If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector." Matthew 18:17

Do not mock God by pretending He is a tool you can use for politics!!
Forest Bueller
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

When you did it to the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

I agree with you that he means the very least of those around us, but at least finish the verse and don't splice out the part that could change the perception.

If your interpretation hold up, it has to hold up to the entire meaning in the verse.
Waco1947
Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

When you did it to the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

I agree with you that he means the very least of those around us, but at least finish the verse and don't splice out the part that could change the perception.

If your interpretation hold up, it has to hold up to the entire meaning in the verse.

Oops. I'm sorry I did not mean to cut it off.
"These brothers and sisters" are the human family not simply Christians.
My 5: You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Christians love everyone and recognize the Christ in all.
Heck tax collectors love those who love them.
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

Waco, you might want to pay attention to the entire book of Matthew, rather than post one verse or two that you like and pretend Jesus is a follower of Waco.

For instance:

"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come." Matthew 12:31-32

"You serpents, you brood of vipers, how can you flee from the judgment of Gehenna?" Matthew 23:33

"If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector." Matthew 18:17

how about Mt 5
You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

WHO MADE YOU hod ? By what authority do you declare "devils?
PS IT AINT YOUR WARPED INTERPRETATION OF SCRIPTURE.
The self righteousness is awe inspiring.

Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

For instance:

how about Mt 5
You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
I pray for you Waco. I sincerely pray that God will open your eyes and help you see your bloody lust for abortion is evil, and turn away from leading people to destruction.
Waco1947
And I pray for you that you would recognize your self righteousness and think that maybe a woman's decision is none of your business legally.
And you would have empathy for them and their pain rather than simple judgment (like "they abort for convenience "). May God open your heart - no break your heart for their pain.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

And I pray for you that you would recognize your self righteousness and think that maybe a woman's decision is none of your business legally.
And you would have empathy for them and their pain rather than simple judgment (like "they abort for convenience "). May God open your heart - no break your heart for their pain.

You still deny God's word, Waco.

It is not my righteousness (which is nothing) you defy, but the love of Christ for all living beings.

You promote death, which is deep defiance to Christ.

You put nails in Christ again by your indifference to the pain of those killed in abortions.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

Oh, it's sooo horrible, isn't it?
That's why you purposefully left off "these brothers of mine" at the end of the verse, huh?
Because you saw that it made my point exactly.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

Why do you think he left that part out?

Because he saw that it made my point.

Do you think my interpretation is valid? I quoted earlier in Matthew, where Jesus specifically states that his "brothers, sisters, and mother" are his disciples, the ones who "do the will of God". Here, in Matthew 25, he specifically states "these brothers (and sisters) of mine" as a qualifier to "the least of these".

If Jesus meant the very least of ALL those around us, then why didn't he just say that, instead of adding "these brothers and sisters of mine"? Is Jesus calling ALL those who are sick, or who are in prison, his "brothers"? Don't some evil people get sick? Aren't there some in prison who are non-repentant, cold-blooded murderers?

Just some questions. I'm not saying we shouldn't help those in need, that goes without saying. But I believe that part in Matthew 25 is one of the most misunderstood and misapplied verses in the entire bible.
Forest Bueller
You have made a very good point, one that I may have missed. So I decided to look up several apologetics sites to confer. I have always considered this passage to refer to just "those in need". Another look does seem to confirm, that it is speaking of brothers and sisters or other disciples who are in need, and there are many of course. Thank you for getting me to take a deeper look at this passage.

Quote:

The "least of these" refers to those in a variety of needy situations. They include the hungry, thirsty, impoverished, sick, and imprisoned. In this context, Jesus is speaking to those on His right, that is, the righteous. The needy are called Christ's "brothers"; thus, the reference is to the righteous helping fellow disciples. Jesus said that those who cared for such individuals were not merely serving other people. They were serving Him.

In the same passage, the opposite is also noted. The narrative concludes with Jesus condemning those who saw believers in need and yet did not help. He says,

"For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' Then they also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?' Then he will answer them, saying, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.'"

Jesus connected service to the needy with eternal rewards and punishments. Though salvation is by faith alone apart from good deeds (Ephesians 2:89), the redeemed will be "eager to do what is good" (Titus 2:14), including extending charity to fellow believers in difficult situations. Those whose lives are marked by apathy toward the needy show they have not been transformed by the grace of Jesus Christ.

God has always shown a special concern for the poor and needy (Psalm 35:10). It should come as no surprise that He expects His followers to do the same, especially toward those of the family of God (Galatians 6:10). What is surprising about the "least of these" is that our service is ultimately not to the poor, but to Christ Himself.

Recommended Resource: Bible Answers for Almost all Your Questions by Elmer Towns

More insights from your Bible study - Get Started with Logos Bible Software for Free!

Waco1947
"These brothers of mine" are suffering human beings not just Christians.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

According to you, not Christ.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

It's very interesting that you brought up Matthew 25 and that you believe in its truth.

In this parable of the sheep and goats, we see that Jesus separates people to his right and left. To the left (the goats), those who did not help the "least of these, his brothers", he tells them "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

Question: if everyone is saved, if God is all grace, why then would Jesus separate people based on righteousness, and send the unrighteous to hell?

BusyTarpDuster2017
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

It's very interesting that you brought up Matthew 25 and that you believe in its truth.

In this parable of the sheep and goats, we see that Jesus separates people to his right and left. To the left (the goats), those who did not help the "least of these, his brothers", he tells them "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

Question: if everyone is saved, if God is all grace, why then would Jesus separate people based on righteousness, and send the unrighteous to hell?

Care to answer, 47?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.