The Census question

22,589 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by riflebear
GrowlTowel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

I see AOC is out their pushing her concentration camp/racist agenda again. Last time I checked she was in Congress and could help w/ a deal to end all this? These people are insane pushing this racist lie.

Oh look. A meme from Rifle. Must be a Tuesday.

AOC is actually 100% right. That's the literal definition of a concentration camp.

Come on, man.
Except LITERALLY the Jews were forced into them illegally pulled away from their homes.

Illegals from down South LITERALLY broke the law and guess what - they could leave WHENEVER THEY WANT if they go back home.

The meme is the truth - why would I type something out that is already in a Meme - Truth hurts doesn't it?

Concentration camps aren't contingent on people breaking laws. Since you're obviously too lazy to look it up:

"concentration camp
/knsntrSHn kamp/
noun
a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution."

Also, most of the Jews, Catholics, etc put in the German concentration camps were put there FOR BREAKING THE "LAW."

"Himmler declared, "No other service is more devastating and strenuous for the troops than just that of guarding villains and criminals." The ideology of combat had been part of the DNA of Nazism from its origin, as a movement of First World War veterans, through the years of street battles against Communists, which established the Party's reputation for violence. Now, in the years before actual war came, the K.L. was imagined as the site of virtual combatagainst Communists, criminals, dissidents, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Jews, all forces working to undermine the German nation."
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/04/06/the-system-books-kirsch

Try again.

Really? You sticking with this you sick ****?

Didn't realize you were an anti-Semitic.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Bruce Leroy
BrooksBearLives said:

redfish961 said:

What is the purpose of a census?

Just asking.

To count all persons living in the country.
Partial credit at best.
riflebear
BrooksBearLives said:

Expert on Concentration Camps says that is exactly what is happening on the border.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esquire.com/news-politics/amp27813648/concentration-camps-southern-border-migrant-detention-facilities-trump/
GoneGirl
riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

I see AOC is out their pushing her concentration camp/racist agenda again. Last time I checked she was in Congress and could help w/ a deal to end all this? These people are insane pushing this racist lie.

AOC is actually 100% right. That's the literal definition of a concentration camp.

Come on, man.
Except LITERALLY the Jews were forced into them illegally pulled away from their homes.

Illegals from down South LITERALLY broke the law and guess what - they could leave WHENEVER THEY WANT if they go back home.

The meme is the truth - why would I type something out that is already in a Meme - Truth hurts doesn't it?
1. Coming to our border to seek asylum is not illegal. We don't have to grant every application--in fact, we grant few of them. But it's a lawful right we grant foreign nationals (at least we did before the Trump era).

2. We built concentration camps for the Japanese during World War II. We called them "internment camps," but they concentrated Americans of Japanese ancestry in camps. We rounded them up, going to the camps wasn't voluntary, and they weren't allowed to leave. Conditions weren't inhumane like they were in the German labor and death camps. But we selected a group of people based on their ancestry and herded them into camps.

3. A "concentration camp" concentrates a group of people in a single area. A labor camp uses those people as slave labor, possibly working them to death. Lots of German companies, including Volkswagen and IG Farben, used camp labor during WWII. The Soviets and the North Koreans still operate labor camps. A death camp concentrates them in a single place so they can be killed; the worst of the German camps, including Auchwitz, were death camps. We are not operating labor or death camps at the border, but we are operating concentration camps in the literal sense that we are concentrating people seeking asylum in detainment facilities. We also have several taxpayer-funded ICE detention facilities in rural Georgia and elsewhere where immigrants are held indefinitely and effectively denied due process of law. These facilities are located in towns so small they don't even have hotels or grocery stores for 2 reasons: They're a large employer and thus get political support from the state, and their rural location makes it really difficult for family members and lawyers to visit and prohibitively expensive to hire legal counsel, since it can take a couple of days to travel there and meet with your client. The level of cynicism it takes to design a system like that is stunning.

4. Most people associate the term "concentration camp" with death camps or labor camps. Ocasio-Cortez used an deliberately inflammatory term.
Doc Holliday
BrooksBearLives said:

Expert on Concentration Camps says that is exactly what is happening on the border.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esquire.com/news-politics/amp27813648/concentration-camps-southern-border-migrant-detention-facilities-trump/
BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Please tell me how they aren't concentration camps. Look at the actual definition (because we have to dumb things down a little for you) and explain how the camps at the border do not meet that definition.

Listen, I get that using the term "concentration camps" is charged. It absolutely is. But you and your ilk seem to get off on destroying norms, and purposefully making charged statements.

So you'll excuse me if I find your tone-policing a little... disingenuous. You make a lot of bad-faith arguments, but this "concentration camps only happened during Nazi Germany" line of reasoning is one of the more pathetic.

Why you would be more shocked at the invoking of actual nomenclature than the fact that the nomenclature actually applies, is just a warped way to view this.
BrooksBearLives
GrowlTowel said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Come on, man.

Concentration camps aren't contingent on people breaking laws. Since you're obviously too lazy to look it up:

"concentration camp
/knsntrSHn kamp/
noun
a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution."

Also, most of the Jews, Catholics, etc put in the German concentration camps were put there FOR BREAKING THE "LAW."

"Himmler declared, "No other service is more devastating and strenuous for the troops than just that of guarding villains and criminals." The ideology of combat had been part of the DNA of Nazism from its origin, as a movement of First World War veterans, through the years of street battles against Communists, which established the Party's reputation for violence. Now, in the years before actual war came, the K.L. was imagined as the site of virtual combatagainst Communists, criminals, dissidents, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Jews, all forces working to undermine the German nation."

Try again.

You're adorable. Beat up any gays lately? How's your strange fear of other people's *****es working out?
Doc Holliday
BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Come on, man.

"concentration camp
/knsntrSHn kamp/
noun

Try again.

You're adorable. Beat up any gays lately? How's your strange fear of other people's *****es working out?
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Come on, man.

"concentration camp
/knsntrSHn kamp/
noun

Try again.

LOL. Not sure why you're weighing in. You're used to being called an anti-semite.
Doc Holliday
BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Come on, man.

"concentration camp
/knsntrSHn kamp/
noun

Try again.

LOL. Not sure why you're weighing in. You're used to being called an anti-semite.
No I'm really not. Half of my family is Jewish.

That's a pretty vile accusation.
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Come on, man.

"concentration camp
/knsntrSHn kamp/
noun

Try again.

Stop your pearl-clutching. I didn't call you one. I don't think I've ever called you one. I do remember a conversation where you and I agreed on some Ilhan Omar stuff and we both got called anti-semites.

And I have jewish family and friends and once played with the idea of conversion. I'm just not a hard-core Zionist.

Growl is being a dick.
Doc Holliday
BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Come on, man.

"concentration camp
/knsntrSHn kamp/
noun

Try again.

Stop your pearl-clutching. I didn't call you one. I don't think I've ever called you one. I do remember a conversation where you and I agreed on some Ilhan Omar stuff and we both got called anti-semites.

And I have jewish family and friends and once played with the idea of conversion. I'm just not a hard-core Zionist.

Growl is being a dick.
I was under the impression that "You're used to being called an anti-semite" meant that you think I'm used to being called out for being against Jewish people consistently...as in I'm an anti semite.
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Come on, man.

"concentration camp
/knsntrSHn kamp/
noun

Try again.

Growl is being a dick.
I was under the impression that "You're used to being called an anti-semite" meant that you think I'm used to being called out for being against Jewish people consistently...as in I'm an anti semite.

I was just saying I'm 90% sure I've witnessed you being called an anti-semite (or something along the lines). You seemed to take it in stride at the time. FWIW, I didn't think you were being one (we were in agreement, if I remember as we were talking about Ohmar's comments on being "all about the benjamins" being called anti-semetic, which I didn't think they were"
riflebear
fadskier
BrooksBearLives said:

You guys DO know that there is proof the question is put in place specifically to get FEWER people counted, right?

There's literally proof.

And now the President is trying to cover it up in plain sight.

Y'all are okay with that?
Yes, I am okay with that. If we are asking if people are citizens and we get an accurate count and that ends in fewer people counted, then that's what happens.

Why do we want representation based on non-citizens?
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
Jinx 2 said:

JCWortsman said:

Jinx 2 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

bearassnekkid said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

BrooksBearLives said:

You guys DO know that there is proof the question is put in place specifically to get FEWER people counted, right?

There's literally proof.

Absolutely. Why count illegals in the first place? They don't respect our laws. Citizenship should mean something.

The forms should also only be printed in English only.

There is simply no reason to pander to California and New York.

Also, you say they don't respect our laws, but they're much less likely to disobey them. Study after study has confirmed this.
Uhhhh, they have disobeyed them by merely being here. You forget about that part?

Answer me a simple question: Do you agree or disagree that the Left champions illegal immigration because it knows illegals greatly affect the apportionment of seats in Congress?

I'll be interested to see if you're capable of honesty here. We all know this is at the root of the census question, so what say you?
Jeez. We've been over this.

1. seeking asylum isn't against the law.

2. jumping the border is a misdemeanor. If you've ever gotten a speeding ticket, you're about as much a "criminal" as they are.

Here's the answer to your question: I am on the left. I couldn't give TWO ****S about how migrants affect elections. They aren't citizens. They don't vote. I sincerely don't care about how they affect congressional allotment. Honestly, if they aren't voting, then that should be a boon to Texas Republicans, but I digress.

Migration is good for society. It literally always has been. Immigrants on average are technically better citizens than most citizens. They work their asses off doing work no one else wants to do. They tend to be more family-oriented and community-oriented. They want more for their families, and they are brave as heck. That's what American needs. That is literally what has always made our country great. We are a literal nation of immigrants.

So, no. I'm being completely honest. I don't know a single liberal who has ever factored migrants into the math of congressional allotment. I'm being absolutely sincere.

My advocacy of migrants comes from my Christian belief from the dozens of times the Son of God exhorted all his true followers to care for the alien, love their neighbor, and give them the cloaks off our backs.

The root of the census question -for me- is 100% about honesty. Article 1, section 2 of the Constitution states:
Quote:

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.
It said to count ALL persons. The intention of the founding fathers is crystal clear. This question is clearly meant to subvert that. There are receipts of this. We have a cabinet secretary lying to congress.

THAT is my problem.
Here's the thing: The Bible these people read and claim as their guide for life apparently doesn't include the parable of the good Samaritan, where the lesson is that YOU do the right thing and take care of people unable to care for and advocate for themselves regardless of what other people do or whether you believe they're untouchable or have some other convenient excuse to pass them by, ignore them or discourage them from responding to the census. And the damage has probably been done. In the unlikely event, given the general lack of respect for the rule of law that characterizes this administration, Census takers do seek to count these people, how many do you think will respond?

The churches they go to apparently never sing the old hymn, "In Christ there is no East or West" (I've pasted the lyrics in below).

The ONLY census they want to take is for the only people they believe really count--white people and conservatives. Liberals, black people, brown people, refugees, immigrants, and women and children who aren't under the care and supervision of a conservative, religious white man aren't worth any investment of taxpayer dollars (and they don't really want to be taxpayers, anyway). Everyone who isn't exactly like them and doesn't share their race and "worldview" is viewed as deserving of hate and scorn, and that's what they get on this site, thanks at least in part to a couple of posters who constantly salt this forum with 8Chan-style propaganda. It's hard to believe Sicem's moderators don't see what's going on; I can only conclude that they do and are complicit.

The level of contempt I see on a daily basis on this forum toward all of those groups not only disregards a constitution that originally gave white landowners the right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, and which we have extended to women and non-white citizens (a step too far beyond originalism for these guys), but also disregards the Biblical imperative of living in community and caring for orphans and widows and the sick and disabled. If you disagree with that very narrow comfort zone, you're a Samaritan--a foreigner. I hope enough Samaritans get out and vote that we elect a leader willing to do the hard work required to help us learn to live in community and stop destroying the planet. These people may oppose abortion, but they despise life in the form of actual people who aren't white and conservative and either male or under conservative male supervision, and they want to do everything they possibly can to make people who aren't like them so unwelcome they stop showing up at the borders or give up on living in states where they and their families have lived for generations and leave.

1 In Christ there is no east or west,
in him no south or north,
but one great fellowship of love
throughout the whole wide earth.
2 In Christ shall true hearts everywhere
their high communion find;
his service is the golden cord
close-binding humankind.
3 Join hands, disciples of the faith,
whate'er your race may be.
All children of the living God
are surely kin to me.
4 In Christ now meet both east and west;
in him meet south and north.
All Christly souls are one in him
throughout the whole wide earth.
We don't have unlimited resources though. Not all in need can be taken care of. So who do we take care of? Well according the liberals who want to say Trump is destroying the economy and living wages aren't enough to live on, we have plenty of American citizens who need help. We have soldiers who return from war with nothing who gave everything for our country... they need help too. So save me the "Good Samaritan" speech and trying to make conservatives out to be Satanists.

I am a Good Samaritan, and I want to take care of all people. But we can't. So let's take care of our tribe.
Who is "our tribe"?
Once again, you confuse the Bible/Religion with government
Guy Noir
BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

BrooksBearLives said:

There's literally proof.

Absolutely. Why count illegals in the first place? They don't respect our laws. Citizenship should mean something.

The forms should also only be printed in English only.

There is simply no reason to pander to California and New York.

The founding fathers never would have called them "illegals."

Your idea of patriotism is pretty pale.

The census is supposed to count EVERYONE. Not just citizens. It's ridiculously clear.

Why don't you care?

Also, you say they don't respect our laws, but they're much less likely to disobey them. Study after study has confirmed this.

Spare me your lecture. I will not engage in your virtue signaling. You have no moral authority. Read the dang document and specifically the 14th amendment.

I don't care for the same reasons you didn't give a **** about the IRS targeting conservatives.

We the people of the United States does not mean people that happen to be here every 10 years.

You know it. Why doesn't it bother you?

22 million here. Alone that is the fifth largest state.

The constitution says to count all people. Remember, citizenship at the time of the founding fathers was limited to men. But yet everyone was counted. The founding fathers made a CLEAR point of saying ALL were to be counted accurately.

You're wrong and you know it.

So once again. Why don't you have a problem with this? Is your tribalism THAT strong?
Actually, I do not believe that adding the question to the census is unconstitutional.
The issue of whether the question causes people to not answer the census correctly is a matter of choice of the people answering the form.

The problem of collecting accurate data is a real challenge. If the question is not asked then there will not be an attempt (in the census) to determine the ratio of citizens to residents. If the question is asked then there could be a number of noncitizens that get left off the count.
cinque
riflebear said:

I wonder if Laura knows that voting by white non citizens is part of America's history?
GrowlTowel
cinque said:

riflebear said:

I wonder if Laura knows that voting by white non citizens is part of America's history?

No you do not.
JXL
Just by way of curiosity, what other countries in the world count illegally present non-citizens in apportioning their country's voting?
GrowlTowel
JXL said:

Just by way of curiosity, what other countries in the world count illegally present non-citizens in apportioning their country's voting?

The racist ones. Just like the hotels that ask for identification and a credit card before renting out a room.
cinque
GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

riflebear said:

No you do not.
Once you go further back through American history, you'll find a lot more non-citizen voting: Around 40 states have extended voting rights for non-citizens at various points. "It's not been inevitable or natural that voting has been tied to citizenship," says Ronald Hayduk,a professor of political science at Queens College, City University of New York, and author of Democracy for All: Restoring Immigrant Voting Rights in the U.S.
In the earliest days, of course, America was chock-full of voting immigrants, fresh off the boat. During the Colonial Era, all white men with property were allowed to vote, and that continued after the American Revolution. In Pennsylvania, an eligible male needed only to have lived in the state for two years before he could vote. In a 1993 paper in the Penn Law Review, Jamie Raskin, who was an American University law professor at the time (and one of the pioneers of non-citizens voting rights in Takoma Park), explained the history of what he called "alien suffrage":
Quote:

It is crucial to see that the early spirit of political openness toward aliens was perfectly compatible with the exclusionary definition of "the American people as Christian white men of property." To exclude aliens from voting would have given rise to the dangerous inference that U.S. citizenship was the decisive criterion for suffrage at a time when the majority of U.S. citizens, including almost all women and substantial percentages of men without property, were categorically excluded from the franchise.
GrowlTowel
Computers don't wonder. Sorry.
BrooksBearLives
fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

There's literally proof.

Yes, I am okay with that. If we are asking if people are citizens and we get an accurate count and that ends in fewer people counted, then that's what happens.

The constitution called for a headcount. All persons.

When you add in questions you KNOW will result in something less than accurate, you're undercutting the constitution. Period.

Either you care or you don't.
Florda_mike
BBL = CANCER

Apply radiation!
BusyTarpDuster2017
BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

There's literally proof.

When you add in questions you KNOW will result in something less than accurate, you're undercutting the constitution. Period.

Honest question- does the census for a state have to include all the out-of-state college students living there? If not, why not?
El Oso
BrooksBearLives said:

The census is supposed to count EVERYONE. Not just citizens.

I thought you guys cared about decorum and the constitution and honor?
Not true.

Constitutional Text: Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.

So:
1. We definitely aren't supposed to count Indians (Native Americans under current terminology).
2. Later on this thread you argue the founders wouldn't have called them illegals. True, but they damn sure wouldn't of called them free persons either. So, let's count the illegals, but at the 3/5 rate prescribed by the document.

This argument that illegals are more likely to follow laws than regular citizens is true only if you ignore the fact that their mere existence in the country is a violation of law. The 14th amendment is clear: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States;

The 14th amendment only extends voting protection to men over the age of 21--and they must be citizens.

fadskier
BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

There's literally proof.

I don't care. I just want citizens counted. and you know why the constitution called for that...do be purposefully ignorant
JCWortsman
In reality, doesn't it kind of behoove the right to have an inflated count from illegals, assuming they don't actually vote?

If you think about it, the population of border states would be the most inflated (Texas, California, Arizona, and New Mexico). With more electoral votes assigned to those states by census data, republicans would pick up more votes from Texas and Arizona, which it carried in 2016 (and several elections before). California and NM (blue the last several elections) would also get incremental votes as well, but would it be as much as Texas?
2023 Adopt-a-Bear: #80 Monoray Baldwin, Killeen, TX
cinque
GrowlTowel said:

Computers don't wonder. Sorry.
History is a wonderful thing.
cinque
cinque
cinque said:

Well, it looks like a federal judge has blocked Trump's attempt to replace the legal team.

Stay tuned.
riflebear
Honest question - why is the left calling Trump & GOP racist (as usual) over the census question when the Census already asks about race? (White Black, etc) I guess they need to take that question out too.

This is so obvious about the Dems being scared and wanting illegals to be counted that they go and lie again to the American people. This race baiting is getting old but we know it will only get worse because they have nothing else to run.

BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

Honest question - why is the left calling Trump & GOP racist (as usual) over the census question when the Census already asks about race? (White Black, etc) I guess they need to take that question out too.

This is so obvious about the Dems being scared and wanting illegals to be counted that they go and lie again to the American people. This race baiting is getting old but we know it will only get worse because they have nothing else to run.

Because people are afraid answers on the citizenship question will result in ICE Raids.

Also, the dude who came up with this idea specifically listed that this would adversely affect black and non-white Hispanic populations. It's literally there in black and white. He said it, then it got forwarded up the line.
BrooksBearLives
El Oso said:

BrooksBearLives said:

The census is supposed to count EVERYONE. Not just citizens.

I thought you guys cared about decorum and the constitution and honor?
Not true.

Constitutional Text: Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.

So:
1. We definitely aren't supposed to count Indians (Native Americans under current terminology).
2. Later on this thread you argue the founders wouldn't have called them illegals. True, but they damn sure wouldn't of called them free persons either. So, let's count the illegals, but at the 3/5 rate prescribed by the document.

This argument that illegals are more likely to follow laws than regular citizens is true only if you ignore the fact that their mere existence in the country is a violation of law. The 14th amendment is clear: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States;

The 14th amendment only extends voting protection to men over the age of 21--and they must be citizens.

It's right there. You're counting everyone, even non-citizens. How much more clear does it have to be? You're the only one trying to make this argument.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.