How Pete Buttigieg found God

8,803 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GrowlTowel said:

Probably because he takes it up the ass.
Why are you, a presumably healthy, perfectly ordered, robustly heterosexual, bothered by what Pete
takes up his ass?
GrowlTowel
I am not bothered by it. If you can take a dick, you can take a joke.
cinque
cinque said:

I don't understand why Christians would be upset about a presidential candidate publicly professing belief in the Jesus Christ who provides the way to eternal life; who embraces a loving life-giving God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit and who believes the teachings of Jesus Christ, whose life, death and resurrection redeemed the world. Why would somebody like Pete placing his whole trust in Jesus be such of a bother to people who will themselves be judged by God?

If only you were this upset by unwanted kitty grabbing.
Growl, here was the question you answered by focusing on what you think Pete takes up his ass.

You're concerned and bothered.
GrowlTowel
The number one pick-up line in a gay bar still remains, "may I push in your stool?"
Mitch Blood Green
Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

It appears Pete has a more coherent, articulable credo than most people posting in this forum.

Pete has zero chance to become POTUS.

Not zero. I can see him in the final 3 with Warren and Biden.

chuckle

Might want to get your vision checked .

Pete is a nonentity. The only thing he has got going for him is his gimmick.

It could be. We will find out.
contrario
Johnny Bear said:

contrario said:

Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

yes, God loves alcoholics, but I rather suspect he expects them to come to church sober.

it's not that one has sin in one's life.
it's that one should not revel in one's sin.

come to church sober.
The church I know would want people to comes as they are, sins and flaws and all.
Would they not try to encourage and help you fight your addictions? If you come to Church repeatedly intoxicated, I think you might not be sincere.
That's not my place to decide. I know many Christians like to act as if they are God's judges on earth, but that isn't the case. Only one can make judgements about the actions of humans, and it's no one posting on this message board.

If a sinner continues to show up at church in sin, it seems to me that would be the one God, and us, should be most interested in helping because they are there for a reason. I'm absolutely shocked that so called Christians on here would suggest a sinner should be denied access to God's house when that is the complete opposite of what Jesus taught.
Who is suggesting anyone should be "denied access to God's house"??
Whiterock said "come to church sober", which would imply "come to church sober, or don't come at all." And the entire tone of many of the posters on here is that Pete isn't a Christian and/or shouldn't be allowed to claim he is a Christian because he is a sinner. That's not what Jesus taught
GrowlTowel
contrario said:

Johnny Bear said:

contrario said:

Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

yes, God loves alcoholics, but I rather suspect he expects them to come to church sober.

come to church sober.
The church I know would want people to comes as they are, sins and flaws and all.
Would they not try to encourage and help you fight your addictions? If you come to Church repeatedly intoxicated, I think you might not be sincere.
That's not my place to decide. I know many Christians like to act as if they are God's judges on earth, but that isn't the case. Only one can make judgements about the actions of humans, and it's no one posting on this message board.

If a sinner continues to show up at church in sin, it seems to me that would be the one God, and us, should be most interested in helping because they are there for a reason. I'm absolutely shocked that so called Christians on here would suggest a sinner should be denied access to God's house when that is the complete opposite of what Jesus taught.
Whiterock said "come to church sober", which would imply "come to church sober, or don't come at all." And the entire tone of many of the posters on here is that Pete isn't a Christian and/or shouldn't be allowed to claim he is a Christian because he is a sinner. That's not what Jesus taught

How do you know? According to 47, butt sex isn't in the Bible. Heck, ass thumpers hold the key salvation. Can I get an Amen?
Canada2017
tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

It appears Pete has a more coherent, articulable credo than most people posting in this forum.

Pete has zero chance to become POTUS.

Not zero. I can see him in the final 3 with Warren and Biden.

chuckle

Might want to get your vision checked .

Pete is a nonentity. The only thing he has got going for him is his gimmick.

It could be. We will find out.

I suggest we already have .
cinque
GrowlTowel said:

contrario said:

Johnny Bear said:

contrario said:

Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

come to church sober.

How do you know? According to 47, butt sex isn't in the Bible. Heck, ass thumpers hold the key salvation. Can I get an Amen?
Sure it is. What do you think all those straight men were doing with the visitors in Sodom and Gomorrah?
MoneyBear
I drew a line on this guy when he said that I had an issue with his creator if I didn't support the false notion that homosexuality is fine in the eyes of God. The Bible does not create some grey area about homosexuality no matter how hard our society wants to read into it. The epistles are abundantly clear about it. Jesus only discusses marriage in a few instances (typically in conjunction with the permissibility of divorce) and he quotes Genesis that God made them male and female and a man should cleave to his wife...I don't know why we keep trying to plug another man in there.

One of us definitely has a disagreement with Pete's creator...I'm just convinced it isn't me.
Sic'em
MoneyBear
contrario said:

Johnny Bear said:

contrario said:

Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

come to church sober.

Correct. Jesus taught that we ought to be changed by our knowledge of His words. He claimed that sinners were "sick", "lost", "dead", etc. He told the woman caught in adultery to go he way and sin no more. He said if we loved Him we would keep His commandments.

The Bible is clear that God loves all people but hates sin. He wants us to stop sinning and not wallow in it. Somewhere along the way we decided that the love and grace of God was so great that we could behave however we want and a sinful lifestyle would be acceptable before Him...take a look at Romans 6:1-2. How can we who DIED TO SIN live any longer in it?
Sic'em
whiterock
MoneyBear said:

contrario said:

Johnny Bear said:

contrario said:

Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

come to church sober.

Correct. Jesus taught that we ought to be changed by our knowledge of His words. He claimed that sinners were "sick", "lost", "dead", etc. He told the woman caught in adultery to go he way and sin no more. He said if we loved Him we would keep His commandments.

The Bible is clear that God loves all people but hates sin. He wants us to stop sinning and not wallow in it. Somewhere along the way we decided that the love and grace of God was so great that we could behave however we want and a sinful lifestyle would be acceptable before Him...take a look at Romans 6:1-2. How can we who DIED TO SIN live any longer in it?
Exactly. Contrario is projecting intolerance where none was stated or implied. The "come to church sober" concept means Christians should not to revel in their sin, anywhere, but most especially at church, or worse insist on changes to theology to justify it as theologically acceptable activity in a house of the Lord.

Should Christians prevent a known alcoholic from attending church? Certainly not.
Should Christians ask an inebriated person to leave a worship service? Yes. We should also minister to that person on the way out, and on the way to buy them breakfast & coffee to sober up, etc....

It is possible to have an inclusive approach to faith which does not undermine the sufficiency of scripture.

Thee University
tommie said:

My bias along with his fundraising and poling leads me to believe he has a chance.

I'll bet he gets poled a lot.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
By the way.............does he play the role of husband or wife?

Seriously.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
xiledinok
Pete is upfront about going down the dirt road. It won't hurt him.

Tommie, you and I know some of these guys' wives are as uptight as their hubbies and cannot take anything as a joke. You and I would have no chance at the dinner table with them.

Thee, I bet he's a pitcher. He has strong will but won't win because he's new to the b.s.
ScottS
He plays baseball?
xiledinok
ScottS said:

He plays baseball?

Tommie, help him.

I'm shocked someone hasn't started the Pete has Anal Injected Death Syndrome rumor. I can see the whacked out birther ladies entertaining us by asking questions about Pete's AIDS.
Golem
contrario said:

Johnny Bear said:

contrario said:

Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

come to church sober.

He shouldn't call himself a Christian because he knowingly twists and lies about Christ's teachings and biblical definitions of sin. At the very least he should voluntarily tie a gigantic millstone around his neck and go for a swim in a very deep sea.
contrario
MoneyBear said:

contrario said:

Johnny Bear said:

contrario said:

Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

come to church sober.

I'm not going to get in a theological debate with you. You will likely dominate me, and that's fine. My point is that to love the sinner, one must allow them into God's house. There are probably many scriptures that agree with me, and there are probably many that could disagree with me. That's what's so great about the Bible, is one verse it says to love everyone and another verse says it's ok to do things that our modern world finds reprehensible. One verse says one group of people saw Jesus first after his resurrection, another says another group saw him first. The ambiguity is great fodder for those that want to make excuses for actions. I would prefer to live my life in a loving and accepting way, especially for "self-inflicting" sins.
Florda_mike
Pretty typical xile, Tom and crew back this Buttguy fella

Gay man president? Gimme a break
contrario
Florda_mike said:

I'm not going to vote for Pete on any ballot, but why does his sexual orientation matter? We have never had a problem with a sexually promiscuous president, as long as we agree with his politics, why should this be any different? If you disagree with his politics, that's understandable, but what does what he does in the bedroom have any concern to you? Especially if you have no concerns with what goes on in Trump's bedrooms or other politicians you support?

It's so odd.
Golem
contrario said:

Florda_mike said:

I'm not going to vote for Pete on any ballot, but why does his sexual orientation matter? We have never had a problem with a sexually promiscuous president, as long as we agree with his politics, why should this be any different? If you disagree with his politics, that's understandable, but what does what he does in the bedroom have any concern to you? Especially if you have no concerns with what goes on in Trump's bedrooms or other politicians you support?

It's so odd.

It matters because he insists on making it matter. He preaches lies about Christianity on the campaign trail as a means to garner votes.
Florda_mike
contrario said:

Florda_mike said:

It's so odd.

Shoot me but gay men give me heeebeee geeebeees

Especially for president

Democrat Socialism being the flavor of the day is icing on cake though fwiw

Watch out for cars running down middle of road though
xiledinok
Florda_mike said:

I didn't post I was backing him. Good grief, I posted that him being a homosexual won't make a difference. There's many more well reasoned thoughts on why someone might not vote for him.

This thread delivers. The Talibaptist votes are needed for Republicans but add zero to the platform.
curtpenn
contrario said:

Florda_mike said:

It's so odd.
Well, some of have had problems with sexually promiscuous presidents. That said, what Mayor Pete does in the bedroom is a reflection of his person and can be understood to impact his policies. It isn't that hard to connect the dots. And what makes you think conservatives have "no concerns" with what goes on in Trump's bedrooms or other politicians you support"? Of course we do. It seems this must be repeated ad infinitum - whatever Trump's flaws, he's better than the alternatives. Simple stuff.

MoneyBear
contrario said:

MoneyBear said:

contrario said:

Johnny Bear said:

contrario said:

Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

come to church sober.

I'm not going to get in a theological debate with you. You will likely dominate me, and that's fine. My point is that to love the sinner, one must allow them into God's house. There are probably many scriptures that agree with me, and there are probably many that could disagree with me. That's what's so great about the Bible, is one verse it says to love everyone and another verse says it's ok to do things that our modern world finds reprehensible. One verse says one group of people saw Jesus first after his resurrection, another says another group saw him first. The ambiguity is great fodder for those that want to make excuses for actions. I would prefer to live my life in a loving and accepting way, especially for "self-inflicting" sins.
I would never argue against the part in bold. I would not only "allow" a sinner into church but I would welcome them in and even drag them if I must (this is called hyperbole for those of you already prepping a hate-filled response).

My contention is that once sinners are in our worship services, we do a disservice to them, ourselves, and God by telling them that their sinful lifestyle is fine and they shouldn't change a thing. Not even saying you said this but it's the leap that a lot of "christians" want to take in the name of "loving sinners"...
Sic'em
Mitch Blood Green
MoneyBear said:

contrario said:

MoneyBear said:

contrario said:

Johnny Bear said:

contrario said:

Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

come to church sober.

I would never argue against the part in bold. I would not only "allow" a sinner into church but I would welcome them in and even drag them if I must (this is called hyperbole for those of you already prepping a hate-filled response).

My contention is that once sinners are in our worship services, we do a disservice to them, ourselves, and God by telling them that their sinful lifestyle is fine and they shouldn't change a thing. Not even saying you said this but it's the leap that a lot of "christians" want to take in the name of "loving sinners"...

We're not holding the current sinner in the WH to that standard. Gluttony is a sin. Lying is a sin. Adultery is a sin.

We pick and choose what we will hold a person to account for.

I believe Buttigeg has a punchers chance if he can get past Biden and Warren and American give him more credit for his intelligence, his service and his character then care that he's gay.

Especially with Trump on the other side. This is a choice between Trump and Trump.
cinque
whiterock said:

MoneyBear said:

contrario said:

Johnny Bear said:

contrario said:

Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

Lyes, God loves alcoholics, but I rather suspect he expects them to come to church sober.

come to church sober.

Exactly. Contrario is projecting intolerance where none was stated or implied. The "come to church sober" concept means Christians should not to revel in their sin, anywhere, but most especially at church, or worse insist on changes to theology to justify it as theologically acceptable activity in a house of the Lord.

Should Christians prevent a known alcoholic from attending church? Certainly not.
Should Christians ask an inebriated person to leave a worship service? Yes. We should also minister to that person on the way out, and on the way to buy them breakfast & coffee to sober up, etc....

It is possible to have an inclusive approach to faith which does not undermine the sufficiency of scripture.

Pete would most likely agree with your last sentence.
cinque
Florda_mike said:

Ignorant cultural Christians like to defend their intolerance of Christian homosexuals by focusing on what they believe to be a refusal on the part of these people to conform to Biblical norms. You'll use your completely self imputed righteousness to ridicule and demean in the name of a God who would never cosign your actions.
The easiest way to get a sense of the kind of relationship one has with God is to look at how they treat other people who love God and are loved by God.

That said, why are ignorant cultural Christians not as bothered by Trump's refusal to conform to Biblical norms?
cinque
GrowlTowel said:

I am not bothered by it. If you can take a dick, you can take a joke.
So, you're strictly dickly?
Canada2017
GolemIII said:

contrario said:

Johnny Bear said:

contrario said:

Gold Tron said:

contrario said:

whiterock said:

come to church sober.

He shouldn't call himself a Christian because he knowingly twists and lies about Christ's teachings and biblical definitions of sin. At the very least he should voluntarily tie a gigantic millstone around his neck and go for a swim in a very deep sea.

True....he isn't a Christian.

But 47, cingue and a couple of others follow the same ' pick and choose' philosophy.

Today I had a couple of beers with a longtime friend who ( unusually ) was dropping F bombs almost every other word .

National champion jujitsu expert ...my friend was explaining to me how if a stranger ever got within his space ...he found it increasingly difficult not to kill him ( no doubt he could ) .

Then told me how excited he was about going to heaven as he had become a 'spiritual' person . No church, no scripture , no rules. Just a few seminars and BINGO .....you're in.

chuckle

cinque
cinque said:

Florda_mike said:

That said, why are ignorant cultural Christians not as bothered by Trump's refusal to conform to Biblical norms?
Mitch Blood Green
cinque said:

Florda_mike said:

Ignorant cultural Christians like to defend their intolerance of Christian homosexuals by focusing on what they believe to be a refusal on the part of these people to conform to Biblical norms. You'll use your completely self imputed righteousness to ridicule and demean in the name of a God who would never cosign your actions.
The easiest way to get a sense of the kind of relationship one has with God is to look at how they treat other people who love God and are loved by God.

Nope. The new trend is "Christianity a la carte". Or even better, "a la party."

Florda_mike
Funny thread

Pretty judgmental
william
ScottS said:

He plays baseball?
badda bing.................

- KKM

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

Go Bears!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.