Only property owners should be allowed to vote!?

6,140 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by quash
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

JQA had an outstanding political career before, during , and after his presidency.
He stole an election.

chuckle

Only if you believe Andrew Jackson and his slave owning rabble.
I don't care for Jackson much, either.

But yeah, Quincy stole 1824, an interesting case that most people know nothing about.

There is zero concrete evidence of such a robbery.
Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

JQA had an outstanding political career before, during , and after his presidency.
He stole an election.

chuckle

Only if you believe Andrew Jackson and his slave owning rabble.
I don't care for Jackson much, either.

But yeah, Quincy stole 1824, an interesting case that most people know nothing about.

There is zero concrete evidence of such a robbery.
Only if you refuse to see it.

http://www.ushistory.org/us/23d.asp
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canada2017
I refuse to accept the account of rich slavery owners and slave traders .

Andrew Jackson is an abomination.
Forest Bueller
Well anyway, landowners only voting is a really bad idea.

That would be actual serious disenfranchisement.

What idea next, only male business owners voting? That would be New Green Deal level foolishness.
Canada2017
Forest Bueller said:

What idea next, only male business owners voting? That would be New Green Deal level foolishness.

I dunno....Founding Fathers has some serious smarts .

They figured if you weren't smart enough to own property.......probably weren't smart enough to vote responsibly.

Last thing they wanted was leaders selected by the Great Unwashed Public in glorified popularity contests .
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

Forest Bueller said:

They figured if you weren't smart enough to own property.......probably weren't smart enough to vote responsibly.

Last thing they wanted was leaders selected by the Great Unwashed Public in glorified popularity contests .

Yep, seriously this country is homing in on the movie Idiocracy
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Forest Bueller said:

When a country's choice for president is down to Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.....you know the electorate is an under educated mess .
ABC BEAR
Florda_mike said:

If you pay no taxes you're voting your paycheck

If you take in more from government than you pay then you shouldn't be allowed to vote

Saw this on another site

What do y'all think?
Make that male property owners as was the original intent.
Buddha Bear
Florda_mike said:

If you take in more from government than you pay then you shouldn't be allowed to vote

Saw this on another site

What do y'all think?

As an expat living abroad, and if I had a lot of money in property in Texas in your county, do you want my vote to count more?

Virtually all college students "take" more than they give in taxes if they are receiving a pell grant, even if they are working full time. In that scenario, few people under the age of 22 have a vote.

Young people also don't have land (that they bought on their own).

Having property owners with more voting power gives more power to older voters, wealthy voters, and perpetuates power that comes with inherited money.

Sounds like the worst idea ever.
BaylorBJM
Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Forest Bueller said:

You would undoubtedly be its star.
Florda_mike
BaylorBJM said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Forest Bueller said:

You would undoubtedly be its star.

Nope, the children, like you and AOC, rule everyone

Check out the movie, maybe you can relate to it as being .... how it all should be
contrario
I still don't believe Florida Mike is real. I still think he is a caricature created by someone on here. No one is this out of touch with reality.
Florda_mike
contrario said:

I still don't believe Florida Mike is real. I still think he is a caricature created by someone on here. No one is this out of touch with reality.

Puuurrrhapx itx not meeeeeee ......

Check your own mirror and stop pointing fingers
Oldbear83
ABC BEAR said:

Florda_mike said:

Saw this on another site

What do y'all think?
Make that male property owners as was the original intent.
Well, if we're going down that road, let's make it 'white male land owners with families who came here from England'

Piers Morgan and Elton John running the show?

I think not.
LIB,MR BEARS
I've been on both ends of the property spectrum. My political views have changed very little since I voted for the first time at 18. I ain't no smarter and ain't no dumber than I was then.

My vote should always count.
corncob pipe
Why is "owning" property considered "smart"?

These founding fathers

Did they structure the property tax system that is now run rampant essentially by bureaucracy...?

Did they wish that these family appreciations be repatriated into the money supply through onerous taxation of birthright?

Would anything close to natural law allow for this parasitic farce ?

Let me put it in the "Antonio Brown" vernacular:

U don't own shlt
RebelT
Florda_mike said:

Saw this on another site

What do y'all think?

I think it will be hard to measure how much better of a place the world will be when you and people like you are finally gone from it.
I still don't know why KenPom likes our offense. - croyse
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

I've been on both ends of the property spectrum. My political views have changed very little since I voted for the first time at 18. I ain't no smarter and ain't no dumber than I was then.

My vote should always count.
You just don't understand dirt magic. It changes everything. Blut und Boden.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Florda_mike
RebelT said:

Florda_mike said:

Saw this on another site

What do y'all think?

I think it will be hard to measure how much better of a place the world will be when you and people like you are finally gone from it.

And some might think the same about chitestained youths like yourself

Touche Mr Unattractive
trey3216
Florda_mike said:

RebelT said:

Florda_mike said:

Saw this on another site

What do y'all think?

And some might think the same about chitestained youths like yourself

Touche Mr Unattractive

It's a little early to be that deep in the bottle.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Florda_mike
Funny how you don't say same to whom I replied to?

LMAO at you
Joe Waco
Not sure why only property owners get to vote.

If renters lose their vote, do they get all their federal income and fica tax dollars back? And that means landlords should have to cap rental costs to mortgage values correct? If only property owners get to vote, renters shouldn't be paying anything towards property taxes.
trey3216
Florda_mike said:

Funny how you don't say same to whom I replied to?

LMAO at you
Because people they believe that their ideas, and theirs only, are right tend to make the world a worse off place.

He and I disagree on a lot of things, and I certainly let him know when I do. That doesn't make me want him to be disallowed voting rights, expelled from our nation, or the like. That's your bag, not mine.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Oldbear83
I'm already on record saying this is a real bad idea, but I'd like to open the scope of the discussion to consider who we should want as voters.

As a general rule, I believe everyone affected by a law should be able to vote on it. The only exceptions should be people who live outside the jurisdiction, convicted felons, and non-citizens.

cowboycwr
Oldbear83 said:

I'm already on record saying this is a real bad idea, but I'd like to open the scope of the discussion to consider who we should want as voters.

As a general rule, I believe everyone affected by a law should be able to vote on it. The only exceptions should be people who live outside the jurisdiction, convicted felons, and non-citizens.

There has to be age requirements though. Otherwise your second statement of "anyone affected by a law should be able to vote on it." means that kids can vote on laws affecting them.....

I don't want kids voting. I mean like 8 year old kids.
Oldbear83
cowboycwr said:

Oldbear83 said:

There has to be age requirements though. Otherwise your second statement of "anyone affected by a law should be able to vote on it." means that kids can vote on laws affecting them.....

I don't want kids voting. I mean like 8 year old kids.
Good point, I agree.
LIB,MR BEARS
18 years of age and up
Legal citizen
Not a convicted felon unless sentence is completed
Not listed as being mentally incompetent ( and to be honest, I'm not fully aware if this is a wide spectrum or narrow. I'd like it narrow)
Must possess a state issued ID
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

That will exclude more citizens from voting than non-citizens.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

source?
Oldbear83
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

source?
His paranoia.
Florda_mike
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

So what? If they can't at least do that and they're voting then we're asking for Idiocracy
Ludwig von Missi
All citizens over the age of 18 should be allowed to vote. Even the dumb ones like the OP.
Florda_mike
Ah Crash, you're so nice
Buddha Bear
contrario said:

There's a whole sub-reddit dedicated to his kind, so maybe he is real

https://www.reddit.com/r/FloridaMan/
Canada2017
contrario said:

Don't agree with everything Florida Mike says.....but I definitely believe he is real and has had more life experiences than many posting here.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.