Coronavirus updates here

404,403 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

LOL - a little late to the party. Probably doing it to justify the riots.

How does the antibody test justify riots? Can you explain the connection you are making?
My point was these liberal organizations were ignoring the stats showing the virus was less dangerous than originally thought. It took the shifting narrative to the protests for them to finally admit what everyone else was already saying so now the virus isn't dangerous anymore so social distancing isn't as big a deal in these riots. My apologies, did not word it well. They never would have printed this article if the riots hadn't broken out.

Liberals are licking their chops. First the virus to blame Trump for, now the riots. Guarantee the first school shooting in Sept or Oct will be their trifecta.

Two big assumptions.
ATL Bear
I guess looting could technically be called a form of reopening the economy...
quash
ATL Bear said:

I guess looting could technically be called a form of reopening the economy...
Don't even play with the Broken Windows Fallacy...
riflebear
quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

How does the antibody test justify riots? Can you explain the connection you are making?
My point was these liberal organizations were ignoring the stats showing the virus was less dangerous than originally thought. It took the shifting narrative to the protests for them to finally admit what everyone else was already saying so now the virus isn't dangerous anymore so social distancing isn't as big a deal in these riots. My apologies, did not word it well. They never would have printed this article if the riots hadn't broken out.

Liberals are licking their chops. First the virus to blame Trump for, now the riots. Guarantee the first school shooting in Sept or Oct will be their trifecta.

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

About 5 days ago every liberal media station was trashing anyone w/out a mask or who was in a group. Less than a week later none of that matters anymore - why? Did Covid disappear?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Quash described your posts accurately. Follow your own advice.
Go back to your buddy Waco and tell him you posted your predictable taunt for the day, TS.

That should free you up to study some real science for the next time you make a claim to be a scientist.
Ad hominem attacks are all you've got?
AckAckAckAck!!!! Red Herring. Strawman. White privilege. BLAH........BLAH...........BLAH........

The sand is about to run out of the hourglass.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Sam Lowry
riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

About 5 days ago every liberal media station was trashing anyone w/out a mask or who was in a group. Less than a week later none of that matters anymore - why? Did Covid disappear?
Absolutely it disappeared! I mean if liberal hypocrites say so, it must be true. And science be damned.
jupiter

TexasScientist
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Quash described your posts accurately. Follow your own advice.
Go back to your buddy Waco and tell him you posted your predictable taunt for the day, TS.

That should free you up to study some real science for the next time you make a claim to be a scientist.
Ad hominem attacks are all you've got?
AckAckAckAck!!!! Red Herring. Strawman. White privilege. BLAH........BLAH...........BLAH........

The sand is about to run out of the hourglass.
Oh, I left out nonsense. Thanks for reminding me.
TexasScientist
Sam Lowry said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

Absolutely it disappeared! I mean if liberal hypocrites say so, it must be true. And science be damned.
Actually, to be fair I've seen media discuss the fact that the protesters are gathered in close proximity, many without masks, and that it may result in a surge in cases as a result.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

You get the response you earn, TS/Waco.
Hmm. What else should I expect from you, other than thoughtless and mindless attempts at provocation?
TexasScientist
riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

105,000 deaths so far is not what I would consider less dangerous than origonally thought.
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

Actually, to be fair I've seen media discuss the fact that the protesters are gathered in close proximity, many without masks, and that it may result in a surge in cases as a result.
Dallas MN reports on former health director in Dallas County. He said that unmasked protesters aren't a problem.
Article appeared 2-3 days ago
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

You get the response you earn, TS/Waco.
Hmm. What else should I expect from you, other than thoughtless and mindless attempts at provocation?
On the contrary, you have received a well-considered and salient response. I am in no way guilty of provocation, however you cannot say the same, sir.
quash
riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

Dude, this is what happens when you only read your preferred tweets.

Covid has not disappeared, but there is a larger story sucking up the air in the room.

I'll be watching for your fall school shooting.
quash
Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

Dallas MN reports on former health director in Dallas County. He said that unmasked protesters aren't a problem.
Article appeared 2-3 days ago
So the media is reporting two sides. Good on em.
riflebear
TexasScientist said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

105,000 deaths so far is not what I would consider less dangerous than origonally thought.
Some were saying 500k - 1 million or more. Plus, we know not all of those 105k were purely Covid deaths since many states were putting Covid death down for people who were days from dying from another serious condition.

Bottom line is when 1 person under 35 throughout the entire USA died from Covid a few weeks ago, I'd say it's less dangerous than people thought.

The fact that the media that was pushing fear and panic and throwing anyone under the bus not wearing a mask or standing w/in 6 ft of each other just 5 days ago is now completely ignoring COVID during these protests I think you have your answer.
riflebear
quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

Covid has not disappeared, but there is a larger story sucking up the air in the room.

I'm not looking at my preferred tweets. I'm literally watching the liberal media go from freaking out about anyone w/in 6 feet of each other or not wearing a mask is going to kill us all last week to this week not caring at all about people being next to each other or not wearing a mask because this is their #1 political agenda. This is the only thing they have left and they are going to milk it as long as they can regardless if there is a 'deadly' virus still among us.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86

GrowlTowel
riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

I'm not looking at my preferred tweets. I'm literally watching the liberal media go from freaking out about anyone w/in 6 feet of each other or not wearing a mask is going to kill us all last week to this week not caring at all about people being next to each other or not wearing a mask because this is their #1 political agenda. This is the only thing they have left and they are going to milk it as long as they can regardless if there is a 'deadly' virus still among us.

It is odd that white people on a beach is a greater public health concern than black people ransacking a store.
Booray
GrowlTowel said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

It is odd that white people on a beach is a greater public health concern than black people ransacking a store.
Its sunburn season.

I can't keep up with all the odd things happening, but you are right about this one.
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

Yeah dummie, because that fits the media narrative to keep COVID going until election don't ya know?

It's about mailed in vote fraud and stealing elections with you punk azz dimcrats because ya can't win without cheating! 60 of us to overcome 1 of you performing your vote fraud

God your part of the problem with our country

Friggin lost child
jupiter

this is how it's done
Sam Lowry
TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

True.
riflebear
GrowlTowel
I can't believe it's riot season already... I still have my Covid-19 decorations up.
whitetrash
GrowlTowel said:

I can't believe it's riot season already... I still have my Covid-19 decorations up.
And if the Dallas County judge hadn't ordered Hobby Lobby to close at gunpoint, they would have had all their riot decorations in stock as soon as Valentines was over.
Canada2017
GrowlTowel said:

Yeah I missed first call by 4 weeks .

Suspect last call won't be till early September. And only if a 2nd wave shows its ugly head .

Otherwise the rioting, looting and burning with continue till Election Day.

Purely by coincidence of course .
Oldbear83
GrowlTowel said:

I stayed up all night but the Lysol Fairy never showed up ...
Osodecentx
GrowlTowel said:

Now that is funny
Mothra
TexasScientist said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Original projections by the govt. were in the 260,000 range. And of course, the 105,000 number doesn't account for the over-reporting of deaths early on, as Dr. Brix has alluded to. She said it was over-reported by about 25%.

At the end of the day, it's going to be less than originally projected, certainly.

Mothra
quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

Yet, it is interesting to watch the media commenting positively on protests with no mention of COVID-19. Not sure how much you watch the news, but I can tell you CNN isn't talking about it at all. This after they excoriated the protesters in Michigan who were protesting the lockdown for not maintaining safe distances or wearing masks.

As I told Sam on another thread, guess it depends on whose ox is being gored.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

True.
Who have you seen reporting on it? Curious. CNN isn't saying a peep.
Whiskey Pete
riflebear said:

So I guess now if you're out protesting then your "brave" since you're not doing the whole mask and social distancing thing?

Interesting, just a week ago those outside protesting the shutdowns and lockdowns were deemed selfish *******s for putting everyone lives at risk - even those people who haven't left their house

#***?
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Two big assumptions.
Assumptions?

True.
Who have you seen reporting on it? Curious. CNN isn't saying a peep.
I saw this article about it the other day: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/06/protests-pandemic/612460/
Booray
Mothra said:

TexasScientist said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Original projections by the govt. were in the 260,000 range. And of course, the 105,000 number doesn't account for the over-reporting of deaths early on, as Dr. Brix has alluded to. She said it was over-reported by about 25%.

At the end of the day, it's going to be less than originally projected, certainly.

Don't know where you are getting that number from. My recollection was that once the CDC 15-day guidelines were put in place, the estimate was 100k-240k.

Also, there are just as many doctors and statisticians who say the death toll is underreported as who say it is over reported .

First Page Last Page
Page 78 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.