Coronavirus updates here

435,676 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
Keyser Soze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

Ultra Music Festival in Miami cancelled due to the Corona virus fears

Just announced SXSW cancelled
jupiter

GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

45 fumbled this one when he cut funding. So short sighted
Who got their funding cut?
No one but the cuts were in 45's budget and he let go a bunch of folk

Please stop. You are a clown. You are a joke. And you are evil. Do us all a favor preacher . . .
jupiter
Baylor3216
SXSW cancelled!

There goes about $400M of economic activity
TexasScientist
Exclusive: The Strongest Evidence Yet That America Is Botching Coronavirus Testing

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/how-many-americans-have-been-tested-coronavirus/607597/?preview=3-4FLneYp3QF4ooMLWUN_KtUiR8
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

Exclusive: The Strongest Evidence Yet That America Is Botching Coronavirus Testing

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/how-many-americans-have-been-tested-coronavirus/607597/?preview=3-4FLneYp3QF4ooMLWUN_KtUiR8

You are ignorance disguised with garbled information and try to mascarade as being intelligent by presenting info from liberal rags you tout as factual and unbiased

Coronavirus is 2020 tool to unseat Trump just like Russia Russia and impeachment and whatever else your democrats can dream up to destroy economy praying they can eliminate the Trump threat to their job security

Destroying an economy comes natural for you democrats
BaylorBJM
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

You are ignorance disguised with garbled information and try to mascarade as being intelligent by presenting info from liberal rags you tout as factual and unbiased

Coronavirus is 2020 tool to unseat Trump just like Russia Russia and impeachment and whatever else your democrats can dream up to destroy economy praying they can eliminate the Trump threat to their job security

Facts!! Run away!!

We all knew it was only a matter of time before FloriDuh claimed Coronavirus was a hoax. Your ignorance knows no bounds. Btw- why haven't you responded to the CNN posts earlier? Were those facts an inconvenience too?

You could find a conspiracy in a ham sandwich.
Bearitto
BaylorBJM said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Facts!! Run away!!

We all knew it was only a matter of time before FloriDuh claimed Coronavirus was a hoax. Your ignorance knows no bounds. Btw- why haven't you responded to the CNN posts earlier? Were those facts an inconvenience too?

You could find a conspiracy in a ham sandwich.

One could be forgiven for laughing when someone calls the Atlantic "facts". Nevertheless, what Florida is saying (poorly) is that the virus is being used by the left in a hoax like manner to attack the president. In that, he's correct. The facts are, we don't know the facts. As our chief medical lead on this said, we simply don't know the actual denominator. We can guess at the death rate, but that's it. It's likely to be lower than we see. Maybe closer to normal flu.

That hasn't stopped the Democrats and media from trying to attack Trump with fabricated certainty. You can admit all that, right?
Jack Bauer
Look at Nicole Wallace BEAMING about how this epidemic could ruin Donald Trump.

Oldbear83
There is a lot of emotion surrounding the COVID-19 issue, and confusion is unfortunately common. Some of that comes from the media hype about the mortality rate of the virus. You can get reliable facts and avoid hysteria by going to the medical professionals for information rather than getting a tilted rehash from the networks and medic hacks.

An editorial published February 28 in the New England Journal of Medicine, for example, says the mortality rate for COVID-19 may be "considerably less than 1%".

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/926089

This conflicts with all those media stories claiming higher rates, because frankly the media is using bad math.

The graph below, for example,comes from the Imperial College of Medicine in London:

The graph visually displays the fact that the total number of cases reported in the media depends on cases reported to the media, and misses asymptomatic cases where the patient's immune system fights off the virus to the degree that no signs of the virus are evident.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-2019-nCoV-severity-10-02-2020.pdf

In that report, the director of the World Health Organization (WHO) is quoted, saying "Most people will have mild disease and get better without needing any special care." Several studies have found that about 80% of all the COVID-19 cases have relatively minor symptoms which end without severe illness and therefore remain unreported." (emphasis added)

On February 20, a report in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) further explained the factors affecting mortality rates, noting that age and extant medical conditions were important parts of how well the patient fought the virus.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762130

The JAMA report also observed that COVID-19 is far less deadly than the SARS virus which appeared in 2012, which had a case-mortality rate of 9.6%, or the MERS virus which appeared in 2015 with a case-mortality rate of 34.4%.

Another reason for the President's confidence is seen in the February 25 article of Statista, which observes that "Coronavirus Recoveries Have Overtaken New Cases".

https://www.statista.com/chart/20943/new-daily-confirmed-covid-19-cases-and-recoveries/

This hardly means the virus has already been contained, but it demonstrates progress in the effort.

That same article includes a quote from the WHO director, saying "using the word pandemic now does not fit the facts, but it may certainly cause fear", a clear rebuke of media fear-mongering.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
jupiter
quash
Keyser Soze said:

Jack Bauer said:

Ultra Music Festival in Miami cancelled due to the Corona virus fears

Just announced SXSW cancelled

Saw a tweet about that, followed by a suggestion to have everybody just meet up in Nashville. Waaay down, past all the "great idea" tweets, was a tap on the brakes that maybe the point was not to have people from all over the country gather and then go back all over the country.
Florda_mike
Bearitto when you've been arguing with the lefties on this board for years instead of less than 2 months then you'll get how short I am with them

For example, has BJM responded to your question?

Of course not

He inflates my post with his delusional thinking as he stalks me around here

Just another fruit loop libtard probably
Florda_mike
Wondering if we can get either of the 2 remaining library of TS and BJM to respond to your post???

Crickets are drowning them out as they search The Atlantic for another biased article trying to attach this scam of a virus to Trump
Florda_mike
Only a matter of time til we hear blow from blow job man

Funny how he likes his "facts" from The Atlantic

What a loser
Baylor3216
Quarantine 5* hotel built 2 years ago in China collapsed?

Ummmmm...wait what??

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8086077/Hotel-China-holding-coronavirus-victims-quarantine-collapses.html
Baylor3216
18,000,000 people in USA in 2020 have tested positive for the flu (not Chinese bio engineered covid-19)

16,000 have died

Florda_mike
What is Trump doing to China? Where did this "flu" get engineered and released? Coincidence?

What is Trump's economy doing to CNN and MSM and Democrat Party? Are they reporting on this 24/7? Coincidence?

What has their continuous fear reporting done to stock market? Coincidence?

I'd say coronavirus has been very successful for China, Democrats and the MSM! Wouldn't you?
quash
Florda_mike said:

What is Trump doing to China? Where did this "flu" get engineered and released? Coincidence?

What is Trump's economy doing to CNN and MSM and Democrat Party? Are they reporting on this 24/7? Coincidence?

I'd say coronavirus has been very successful for China, Democrats and the MSM! Wouldn't you?
Been great for ammo sales.
Florda_mike
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

^^^ Diversion again

Sos from same ole liberaltarian
quash
Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

^^^ Diversion again

Facts are not a diversion. For rational folks, anyway.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

^^^ Diversion again

Relevance is important.

I notice you ignored my post about the difference between professional medical opinion and media hype with regard to COVID-19.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

^^^ Diversion again

Relevance is important.

I notice you ignored my post about the difference between professional medical opinion and media hype with regard to COVID-19.
You noticed I didn't post a reply. That is not the same as "ignored".
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

^^^ Diversion again

Relevance is important.

I notice you post in a manner which is inconsistent with the topic and serious discussion thereof.

BaylorBJM
Florda_mike said:

Asks for facts then posts about this disease being manufactured in China despite every.single. reputable source saying otherwise.

It's no wonder you believed in Jade Helm. Hahahahahaha.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

^^^ Diversion again

Relevance is important.

I notice you post in a manner which is inconsistent with the topic and serious discussion thereof.

Take your butthurtedness somewhere else.
Florda_mike
Your reputable source is The Atlantic and various other leftist rags!? Give us a break from from your childish blabbering

See OldBear post and reply to that, you Waco1947 clone
GrowlTowel
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

^^^ Diversion again

Facts? Care to list and cite them? Racist in charge has saved lives. Go . . .
quash
Getting mixed signals from religion. Prophet Jacobs declares the virus illegal, but some Catholic churches emptied out the holy water.
Bearitto
quash said:

Getting mixed signals from religion. Prophet Jacobs declares the virus illegal, but some Catholic churches emptied out the holy water.

What do Protestants have to say about it?
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

^^^ Diversion again

Relevance is important.

Take your butthurtedness somewhere else.
'Butthurt' is not a problem I have. You seem to be projecting, quash.

Did you short stocks in hopes the virus panic would tank the market? That's some short-sighted thinking, if you did.
TexasScientist
quash said:

They have no faith in their hypothesis of god. In the face of an epidemic crisis in Italy, the Church should use their Holy water to heal and disinfect people. That would be the charitable thing to do. Or, are they hoarding it for the clergy?
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

quash said:

They have no faith in their hypothesis of god. In the face of an epidemic crisis in Italy, the Church should use their Holy water to heal and disinfect people. That would be the charitable thing to do. Or, are they hoarding it for the clergy?

^^^ Is this man angry at religion?
Keyser Soze
TexasScientist said:

quash said:

... but you sure enjoy making stabs at those who do

First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.