Coronavirus updates here

435,597 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

quash said:

Getting mixed signals from religion. Prophet Jacobs declares the virus illegal, but some Catholic churches emptied out the holy water.
They have no faith in their hypothesis of god. In the face of an epidemic crisis in Italy, the Church should use their Holy water to heal and disinfect people. That would be the charitable thing to do. Or, are they hoarding it for the clergy?

... but you sure enjoy making stabs at those who do

I'm just pointing out nonsense and irrationality. If you have holy water, why not anoint people? Could it be there is no supernatural power behind holy water?
Keyser Soze
TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

quash said:

Getting mixed signals from religion. Prophet Jacobs declares the virus illegal, but some Catholic churches emptied out the holy water.
They have no faith in their hypothesis of god. In the face of an epidemic crisis in Italy, the Church should use their Holy water to heal and disinfect people. That would be the charitable thing to do. Or, are they hoarding it for the clergy?

I'm just pointing out nonsense and irrationality. If you have holy water, why not anoint people? Could it be there is no supernatural power behind holy water?
From mr google

As a reminder of baptism, Catholic Christians dip their fingers in the holy water and make the sign of the cross when entering the church. ... This use of holy water and making a sign of the cross when entering a church reflects a renewal of baptism, a cleansing of venial sin, as well as providing protection against evil

FWIW I have never seen Holy Water promoted as a cure all.
Canada2017
TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

quash said:

You have become a one trick pony .

Unrelenting criticism toward Christians even in the absence of any criticism of your atheism.

Past time for you to pick some new subjects.
TexasScientist
Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

quash said:

From mr google

As a reminder of baptism, Catholic Christians dip their fingers in the holy water and make the sign of the cross when entering the church. ... This use of holy water and making a sign of the cross when entering a church reflects a renewal of baptism, a cleansing of venial sin, as well as providing protection against evil

FWIW I have never seen Holy Water promoted as a cure all.

If it's powerful enough to protect against evil and cleanse venial sins, it should be powerful enough to use against a virus. Seems like there is an opportunity to better market the faith here.
TexasScientist
Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

quash said:

Unrelenting criticism toward Christians even in the absence of any criticism of your atheism.

I was commenting on Q's remarks. Rational thought promotes cognitive dissonance.
Canada2017
TexasScientist said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

quash said:

I was commenting on Q's remarks. Rational thought promotes cognitive dissonance.

Bull

You originated a thread on a very similar topic just days ago.
Gets old...especially when no one is starting thread after thread criticizing your atheism.

jupiter
jupiter
Quote:

You dems still want open borders?
Nice try,but this happened under Trump's watch. Thanks for reminding us that his wall has been completely and utterly ineffective in preventing the spread of the disease
quash
jupiter said:

Quote:

Nice try,but this happened under Trump's watch. Thanks for reminding us that his wall has been completely and utterly ineffective in preventing the spread of the disease

To be fair, there's not a ton of cases south of the border.
jupiter
TexasScientist
Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

quash said:

Bull

Gets old...especially when no one is starting thread after thread criticizing your atheism.

This is a forum on religion and politics. There have been threads on here critical of atheism. A good thing about this forum is you don't have to read what someone posts. Politics or religion, it shouldn't be the echo chamber commonly referenced here.
TexasScientist
quash said:

jupiter said:

Quote:

To be fair, there's not a ton of cases south of the border.
It's not possible to prevent transmission living in a transient global world with open air travel. Unless you become an isolationist country, and even then it may not be possible to prevent transmission. Emergent zoonotic diseases need to be prevented where they arise, by eliminating the animal marketing disease breeding grounds and conditions that promote such diseases.
Canada2017
TexasScientist said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

quash said:

Bull

This is a forum on religion and politics. There have been threads on here critical of atheism. A good thing about this forum is you don't have to read what someone posts. Politics or religion, it shouldn't be the echo chamber commonly referenced here.

No individual has initiated threads or comments criticizing atheism anything approaching your numbers . Its become overbearing and redundant.

Hardly the actions of a disciplined scientist .

Florda_mike
jupiter said:

Quote:

I'd like to personally apologize to you that the wall hasn't stopped this current TDS Flu

We all know the only purpose of the wall was to stop disease including TDS Flu
Florda_mike
TS = religion phobia?
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

TS = religion phobia?

My father in law swore, to the day he died, that all the films, evidence and testimony of the Nazi death camps were lies and Hollywood stage sets .

And he was one of the smartest men I've ever known .
quash
Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

quash said:

Bull

No individual has initiated threads or comments criticizing atheism anything approaching your numbers . Its become overbearing and redundant.

Lol. Statistics.

Look, when 90% of this board or higher, much higher probably, is xtian then you won't see a bunch of threads challenging your worldview.

And whoever is at your house forcing you to read TS's posts? Just ask them to stop.
Canada2017
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

quash said:

Bull

Lol. Statistics.

Look, when 90% of this board or higher, much higher probably, is xtian then you won't see a bunch of threads challenging your worldview.

And whoever is at your house forcing you to read TS's posts? Just ask them to stop.

Newsflash tinnitus boy .......

TS is far more intelligent than you and entirely capable of speaking for himself .

Now run along and check out that big smile on the face of your ex .
quash
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

quash said:

Bull

Lol. Statistics.

TS is far more intelligent than you and entirely capable of speaking for himself .

LOL, burn. Why do you keep such close tabs on my person?

And if you don't want anybody to reply to your post then make it a PM, m'kay?
TexasScientist
Here's an analysis that is alarming, if correct.

All Hospital Beds In The US Will Be Filled With Patients 'By About May 8th' Due To Coronavirus: Analysis
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/all-hospital-beds-us-will-be-filled-coronavirus-patients-about-may-8th-according-analysis

Aliceinbubbleland
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/dow-futures-drop-700-points-as-all-out-oil-price-war-adds-to-coronavirus-stress.html

Down another 200 now to -900 ! Ouch.
Astros in Home Stretch Geaux Texans
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

TS = religion phobia?
Religion is dangerous.
Aliceinbubbleland
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

TS = religion phobia?
Religion is dangerous.

Not really but the people who think they know it are the real dangers. It's like Fox News. The followers believe everything.
Astros in Home Stretch Geaux Texans
Canada2017
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

quash said:

Bull

Lol. Statistics.

LOL, burn. Why do you keep such close tabs on my person?

And if you don't want anybody to reply to your post then make it a PM, m'kay?

Who keeps tabs ?

You blabber about yourself constantly.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Here's an analysis that is alarming, if correct.

All Hospital Beds In The US Will Be Filled With Patients 'By About May 8th' Due To Coronavirus: Analysis
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/all-hospital-beds-us-will-be-filled-coronavirus-patients-about-may-8th-according-analysis

Check the source. Less credible on medical matters than most infomercials.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Sam Lowry
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

TS = religion phobia?
Religion is dangerous.

It often appears so, but only until you compare it with atheism.
BaylorBJM
BaylorBJM said:

Oldbear83 said:

BaylorBJM said:

Bearitto said:

Given the speed of transmission right now and the fact that it is not detectable when first communicable, I would suggest that it will be a matter of months before it's a world wide issue.

How can that be? OldBear said this is still a contained virus.
** sigh **

I never said COVID-19 was held to one country. News flash, you cannot hermetically seal a country or region from a virus.

What I said was that a lot of the media hysteria was, and is, complete BS.

But that's not what you said. At all.

2/25/20 @ 9:47am, BearFan33: "Is it fair to say that we have lost containment?"

2/25/20 @ 10:16am, OldBear83: "No, that would not be a fair statement."

Gold Tron
The BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells has just been cancelled. It's the biggest ATP/WTA tournament in the world that isn't a major. I just lost 6K. No reason to go with no tennis to watch. I'm hopeful I'll get a refund on tickets.
Oldbear83
BaylorBJM said:

BaylorBJM said:

Oldbear83 said:

BaylorBJM said:

Bearitto said:

Given the speed of transmission right now and the fact that it is not detectable when first communicable, I would suggest that it will be a matter of months before it's a world wide issue.

** sigh **

I never said COVID-19 was held to one country. News flash, you cannot hermetically seal a country or region from a virus.

BJM continues to fail at reading comprehension.

Sad, that.
Jack Bauer
BaylorBJM
Oldbear83 said:

BaylorBJM said:

BaylorBJM said:

Oldbear83 said:

BaylorBJM said:

Bearitto said:

** sigh **

Sad, that.
Oldbear83
BaylorBJM said:

Oldbear83 said:

BaylorBJM said:

BaylorBJM said:

Oldbear83 said:

BaylorBJM said:

Bearitto said:

** sigh **

Sad, that.

Well, glad to know you were able to find work, and are proud enough to share a scene of your first day, BJM.
trey3216
Aliceinbubbleland said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/08/dow-futures-drop-700-points-as-all-out-oil-price-war-adds-to-coronavirus-stress.html

Down another 200 now to -900 ! Ouch.

Yeah, WTI being down 30% due to Russia and KSA starting an oil price crash party isn't helping things.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
riflebear
riflebear
Just remember things like this when you see the Democrats making this political. They literally take the opposite of what Trump does no matter what. Before they were against him calling him racist, now they say he's not doing enough. These people are truly insane and more dangerous than Russia or any virus right now
First Page Last Page
Page 11 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.