Coronavirus updates here

434,677 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you say one thing nice about the President you are censured or asked to leave your seat. Liberals clearly lying about wanting to be bipartisan- they have one agenda. Liberals have literally lost their mind.

ATL Bear
Canada2017 said:

Some folks will not/ can not understand the difference between a flu season and 80 days .

The difference in having a viable vaccine ...and not having one .

The difference between proven medical treatments and the lack of them .

So they cling to their wants and needs and to hell with the realities of a drastically different world .

For what it's worth, a typical 'flu season" is 120-150 days. November through February usually, and when 90% of hospitalizations and deaths occur. Peak months look the ugliest. My hope is that April to early May is our peak period like the December to January period is typically for the seasonal flu.
Florda_mike
That's terrible for her

It's like they're saying "stay on plantation or we'll shoot and kill ya"

This is how KKK started! There were 10-12 black republican Congressmen from the South and they started murdering those that didn't toe democrat plantation party line. This is like today's KKK!
Jacques Strap
Canada2017 said:

The US suffered 58,000 dead in the Vietnam War over the course of 14 YEARS.

We now have over 50,000 dead in less than 80 DAYS due to the C-19 pandemic. At this rate we will surpass Vietnam War deaths by the end of the week.

Grow up, be patient, use common sense and keep the self isolation in place till the middle or end of May .

Self isolation is the wrong policy unless you are in an at risk group.
https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/494034-the-data-are-in-stop-the-panic-and-end-the-total-isolation

Vital population immunity is prevented by total isolation policies, prolonging the problem.

We know from decades of medical science that infection itself allows people to generate an immune response antibodies so that the infection is controlled throughout the population by "herd immunity." Indeed, that is the main purpose of widespread immunization in other viral diseases to assist with population immunity. In this virus, we know that medical care is not even necessary for the vast majority of people who are infected. It is so mild that half of infected people are asymptomatic, shown in early data from the Diamond Princess ship, and then in Iceland and Italy. That has been falsely portrayed as a problem requiring mass isolation. In fact, infected people without severe illness are the immediately available vehicle for establishing widespread immunity. By transmitting the virus to others in the low-risk group who then generate antibodies, they block the network of pathways toward the most vulnerable people, ultimately ending the threat. Extending whole-population isolation would directly prevent that widespread immunity from developing.
Osodecentx
PartyBear said:

His mind is gone. Today at his briefing he asked the doctors about injecting patients with bleach or other disinfectants to clean out the lungs or shining light inside the bodies of patients to kill the virus.
One of the stupidest things I've ever seen. IV Lysol?
Osodecentx
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Did Trump flip-flop, or is Georgia not following his guidelines?
This report indicates a u-turn based on advice from the scientists.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/politics/donald-trump-brian-kemp-georgia/index.html
Wow, so you mean Trump has an open mind and willing to listen to others? Shocker.
Maybe he should talk to his advisers before he tells a governor that he is all for the governor's plan to repoen?Trump now saying how upset he was with Kemp's plan when all the reporting is that he and Pence enthusiastically approved it.

Yet another of his muddled messages and even more lying. I guess Georgia didn't deserve to be "liberated."

Incompetent or evil are the only two descriptions that could apply here. I am picking answer choice C "all of the above."
C. He isn't smart
D. All of the above
Osodecentx
PartyBear said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Art Vandelay said:

PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/politics/donald-trump-brian-kemp-georgia/index.html
So it was some of both. Georgia didn't follow the guidelines, and Trump withdrew his support after the scientists called it to his attention. Looks like the right result to me.
Too kind.

One day he says its the governors' call; the next day he tweets "liberate [fill in the state with a Democratic governor].

Tuesday he tells the Ga. Governor he supports the governors' decisions, Wednesday he disagrees publicly and says he told the governor that (which would be an outright lie).

How in the world was Trump not aware of variations from guidelines when he had the phone call with Kemp on Tuesday night?

His mind is gone. Today at his briefing he asked the doctors about injecting patients with bleach or other disinfectants to clean out the lungs or shining light inside the bodies of patients to kill the virus.

Actually. it was a stupid reporter who asked the question. Did you even watch the presser?

Yeah, you're right, I saw that afterwards

These demtard slime balls go with the Fake News reports like they're led by a rope strung around their necks

Disgraceful

I acknowledge that he's spitballing. Still? This the the journalist's fault?

"I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute," Mr Trump said on Thursday. "One minute! And is there a way we can do something by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs . . . so it'd be interesting to check that."

Correct no one asked Trump anything about this. He stood up to the podium and started rambling out loud after an expert was talking about half life of the virus outside of the body and how quickly disinfectants kill it. Something is clearly wrong with Trump. No one healthy ponders things at a 4 year old level and out loud.
IV lysol sounds plausible ... if you're in the 2nd grade
Canada2017
Jacques Strap said:

Canada2017 said:

We now have over 50,000 dead in less than 80 DAYS due to the C-19 pandemic. At this rate we will surpass Vietnam War deaths by the end of the week.

Grow up, be patient, use common sense and keep the self isolation in place till the middle or end of May .

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/494034-the-data-are-in-stop-the-panic-and-end-the-total-isolation

Vital population immunity is prevented by total isolation policies, prolonging the problem.

We know from decades of medical science that infection itself allows people to generate an immune response antibodies so that the infection is controlled throughout the population by "herd immunity." Indeed, that is the main purpose of widespread immunization in other viral diseases to assist with population immunity. In this virus, we know that medical care is not even necessary for the vast majority of people who are infected. It is so mild that half of infected people are asymptomatic, shown in early data from the Diamond Princess ship, and then in Iceland and Italy. That has been falsely portrayed as a problem requiring mass isolation. In fact, infected people without severe illness are the immediately available vehicle for establishing widespread immunity. By transmitting the virus to others in the low-risk group who then generate antibodies, they block the network of pathways toward the most vulnerable people, ultimately ending the threat. Extending whole-population isolation would directly prevent that widespread immunity from developing.

Yeah the CDC and medical community throughout the world is dead wrong .

Thankfully we have this free message board to straighten everyone out .
Jack and DP
Jack and DP
Riding out Rona in Juarez.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/24/upstate-new-york-man-girlfriend-gunned-down-in-mexico/
bear2be2
Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Some folks will not/ can not understand the difference between a flu season and 80 days .

So they cling to their wants and needs and to hell with the realities of a drastically different world .

Some folks continue to ignore that there are seventy-eight vaccine candidates in development, with several a month or so into clinical trials.

Some folks will pretend that just because a treatment is effective for only most of the patients who take it, that means there is no effective treatment available.

Some folks argue that rights don't exist unless a politician grants them.

So they cling to their fears and paranoia and to hell with the millions of people their plans would badly hurt.
No one ignores those things, but as long as they're vaccine candidates and not vaccines, that's not news.

We're all hopeful that one of those will be the answer. But until one is proven to be so, there's nothing to celebrate.
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Art Vandelay said:

PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

So it was some of both. Georgia didn't follow the guidelines, and Trump withdrew his support after the scientists called it to his attention. Looks like the right result to me.
Too kind.

One day he says its the governors' call; the next day he tweets "liberate [fill in the state with a Democratic governor].

Tuesday he tells the Ga. Governor he supports the governors' decisions, Wednesday he disagrees publicly and says he told the governor that (which would be an outright lie).

How in the world was Trump not aware of variations from guidelines when he had the phone call with Kemp on Tuesday night?

Actually. it was a stupid reporter who asked the question. Did you even watch the presser?

These demtard slime balls go with the Fake News reports like they're led by a rope strung around their necks

Disgraceful

"I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute," Mr Trump said on Thursday. "One minute! And is there a way we can do something by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs . . . so it'd be interesting to check that."

Correct no one asked Trump anything about this. He stood up to the podium and started rambling out loud after an expert was talking about half life of the virus outside of the body and how quickly disinfectants kill it. Something is clearly wrong with Trump. No one healthy ponders things at a 4 year old level and out loud.
Since that's not what the President actually said, you are not making a real case here. I agree the President was unclear at best, and seemed to be mixing concepts, but the hysteria in reaction is both absurd yet sadly predictable,
Oldbear83
bear2be2 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Some folks continue to ignore that there are seventy-eight vaccine candidates in development, with several a month or so into clinical trials.

Some folks will pretend that just because a treatment is effective for only most of the patients who take it, that means there is no effective treatment available.

Some folks argue that rights don't exist unless a politician grants them.

So they cling to their fears and paranoia and to hell with the millions of people their plans would badly hurt.
No one ignores those things, but as long as they're vaccine candidates and not vaccines, that's not news.

We're all hopeful that one of those will be the answer. But until one is proven to be so, there's nothing to celebrate.
Of course we should celebrate. The fact that so many candidates have been found proves (A) there is useful information leading to the development of such vaccine candidates, so there is real progress, and (B) there is a lot of cooperation and effort being devoted to finding a vaccine.

Sorry but yes, that's good news, and most people would be heartened by it.
Florda_mike
Jack and DP said:

I'm not at risk then

64 but 16% body fat and no health issues

I'm going out
ATL Bear
I hope the broadened collaboration and mass need (see $ opportunity) can eventually find some effective treatments and potentially a vaccine. They were unsuccessful with SARS-1, but it didn't have the same demand globally so interest waned after a few years. Vaccine availability for mass Immunizations is a long way off.
Whiskey Pete
Florda_mike said:

Jack and DP said:

I'm not at risk then

64 but 16% body fat and no health issues

I'm going out
Bowl a strike for me!
Florda_mike
I hear ya

90 degrees and humid here in sunny Florida so I'm safe as can be

Grandsons fixing to be here to spend the nite!

I'm loving life
Sam Lowry
Jacques Strap said:

Canada2017 said:

Extending whole-population isolation would directly prevent that widespread immunity from developing.
No. It would extend the development over a longer time in order to save lives.
Jacques Strap
Canada2017 said:

Jacques Strap said:

Canada2017 said:

I post an article loaded with dats including studies authored by Stanford epidemiologists and you come back with this?

You are dug in with your talking points. That post was directed at people considering what we are learning each day about the virus as professionals' study it and release their findings and suggest what is best going forward.
Oldbear83
3rd quarter score:

Science 17
Hysterics 13
GrowlTowel
Oldbear83 said:

3rd quarter score:

Science 17
Hysterics 13
That blocked extra point will play large in the 4th.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Jacques Strap
Michigan update:

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2020/04/24/michigan-legislature-committee-oversee-limit-whitmers-power-during-coronavirus/3015696001/

LANSING The Michigan legislature has created a committee to review Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's response to the coronavirus pandemic in Michigan and limit her powers during the outbreak, which has sickened and killed thousands since mid-March.
quash
Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Art Vandelay said:

PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Too kind.

Disgraceful

UV angioscopy FTW.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canada2017
Jacques Strap said:

Canada2017 said:

Jacques Strap said:

Canada2017 said:

I post an article loaded with dats including studies authored by Stanford epidemiologists and you come back with this?

You are dug in with your talking points. That post was directed at people considering what we are learning each day about the virus as professionals' study it and release their findings and suggest what is best going forward.

Every epidemiologist I've read suggests that the isolation continues .

Got to have 60% immunity for herd protection and that percentage won't occur without a vaccine.

What you guys simply won't accept is this ......

Most people will NOT risk getting the infection merely to shop , travel, eat out and be entertained.

Doesn't matter what the politicians say .

Till there is a viable drug treatment and vaccine...the economy is going to suffer ....opened up or not .

Jack Bauer
Satire...but not really.

william
miami data in:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242260406.html

- KKM

can anybody do bremond? just offer free brats and you'll have ample testees.

PA.

Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Art Vandelay said:

PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Too kind.

Disgraceful

Since that's not what the President actually said, you are not making a real case here. I agree the President was unclear at best, and seemed to be mixing concepts, but the hysteria in reaction is both absurd yet sadly predictable,
He said something really stupid ... again
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Jacques Strap said:

Canada2017 said:

Jacques Strap said:

Canada2017 said:

Every epidemiologist I've read suggests that the isolation continues .

Got to have 60% immunity for herd protection and that percentage won't occur without a vaccine.

What you guys simply won't accept is this ......

Most people will NOT risk getting the infection merely to shop , travel, eat out and be entertained.

Doesn't matter what the politicians say .

Till there is a viable drug treatment and vaccine...the economy is going to suffer ....opened up or not .

Thank you for your concern
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Art Vandelay said:

PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Too kind.

Disgraceful

Yet no worse than half a dozen Democrats, or several media jackals.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Art Vandelay said:

PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Too kind.

Disgraceful

But he is POTUS
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Art Vandelay said:

PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Too kind.

Disgraceful

But he is POTUS
And his accomplishments far outweigh his words in value.

Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Art Vandelay said:

PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Too kind.

Disgraceful

But he is POTUS

The Pope is infallible, not Trump

Why not say "I misspoke". It would be over tomorrow.

Trump should consider talking less, like he did today at his presser
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Art Vandelay said:

PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Too kind.

Disgraceful

But he is POTUS

To coin a phrase, you should consider posting less.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Art Vandelay said:

PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Too kind.

Disgraceful

But he is POTUS

I let you off Ignore and you pull a Trump
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Art Vandelay said:

PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Too kind.

Disgraceful

But he is POTUS

I let you off Ignore and you pull a Trump
Lighten up Francis, it's a weekend.

Besides, I neither won an election nor attacked a Cuomo.
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.