Coronavirus updates here

406,076 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Denial remains strong with this one.

No worries, Booray's continued divorce from facts is going to hurt Democrats, not help them, so if he wants to continue with the charade, that's fine.
Says the guy who will never address the facts. Explain Donald Trump's position on where state/federal authority boundaries are in imposing public health restrictions as part of the pandemic response.

Whatever you say, I guarantee you I can produce a quote from Trump that says the opposite.
Suitably cropped to remove any inconvenient context, I am sure.

I do "address the facts". I simply don't play into your hands.

It's plainly obvious to people paying attention to elections in historical context, that this one is going to b undecided for a while. The virus and the response to it will obviously have a big impact on the election, but both parties have made blunders which keep them from claiming leadership points. Also, public reaction varies from state to state - it should not surprise anyone that New Yorkers generally approve of Cuomo and disapprove of Trump, but in Georgia Trump has complete support along with Governor Kemp. Like 2016, there are a handful of battleground states which will decide the election, and the debate is going to be intense for a while.

Those are the relevant facts. The rest is trivia.

Truly a bizarre non-sequitur.

Those are the facts that you think demonstrate President Trump supports the rule of law?
Those are the facts which direct behavior by political leaders on both sides.

You know this, of course.

But it's easier to play at insults and puerile attacks.
If you don't want to address the facts underlying Booray's point just save us all the time and say so.

Trump claimed final authority, then he didn't, then he did. Two of those three stances contradict the rule of law.
Sorry, I'm sticking to relevant facts, not DNC talking points.

But tell Michigan's governor thanks for helping Trump's chances in the Rust Belt again.

Quoting the president is not a DNC talking point. It is the president talking.

Keep running.
Bearitto
Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

No worries, Booray's continued divorce from facts is going to hurt Democrats, not help them, so if he wants to continue with the charade, that's fine.
Says the guy who will never address the facts. Explain Donald Trump's position on where state/federal authority boundaries are in imposing public health restrictions as part of the pandemic response.

Whatever you say, I guarantee you I can produce a quote from Trump that says the opposite.

In most cases of policy, Trump's quotes are irrelevant. He says a lot of shxt. It's his actions and policies themselves that determine his stances.

For instance, there is probably no president in the last 25 years who would have respected federalism in the outstanding way Trump has during this mess. The last one, certainly, would have crushed states rights and individual rights at every turn. You should voluntarily get down on your knees and thank Trump for not forcing you down on your knees. He has respected the legitimate rule of law at every turn.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

It's plainly obvious to people paying attention to elections in historical context, that this one is going to b undecided for a while. The virus and the response to it will obviously have a big impact on the election, but both parties have made blunders which keep them from claiming leadership points. Also, public reaction varies from state to state - it should not surprise anyone that New Yorkers generally approve of Cuomo and disapprove of Trump, but in Georgia Trump has complete support along with Governor Kemp. Like 2016, there are a handful of battleground states which will decide the election, and the debate is going to be intense for a while.

Those are the facts that you think demonstrate President Trump supports the rule of law?

If you don't want to address the facts underlying Booray's point just save us all the time and say so.

Trump claimed final authority, then he didn't, then he did. Two of those three stances contradict the rule of law.
Sorry, I'm sticking to relevant facts, not DNC talking points.

But tell Michigan's governor thanks for helping Trump's chances in the Rust Belt again.

Quoting the president is not a DNC talking point. It is the president talking.

Keep running.
You really do a great job parroting the DNC, quash.

Glad you finally owned up to your true, progressive, identity.
Booray
Bearitto said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

In most cases of policy, Trump's quotes are irrelevant. He says a lot of shxt. It's his actions and policies themselves that determine his stances.

For instance, there is probably no president in the last 25 years who would have respected federalism in the outstanding way Trump has during this mess. The last one, certainly, would have crushed states rights and individual rights at every turn. You should voluntarily get down on your knees and thank Trump for not forcing you down on your knees. He has respected the legitimate rule of law at every turn.

Encouraging disobedience with state or city decisions is not my idea of federalism. Abdicating traditional federal functions is not my idea of federalism.
Bearitto
Booray said:

Bearitto said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Encouraging disobedience with state or city decisions is not my idea of federalism. Abdicating traditional federal functions is not my idea of federalism.

Encouraging anything, including disobedience to unconstitutional edicts, isn't federalism. You are right. Did someone say it was?

What you call "abdicating" is known as FEDERALISM. I realize it's a tough concept, but there you are.

Booray
Bearitto said:

Booray said:

Bearitto said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Encouraging anything, including disobedience to unconstitutional edicts, isn't federalism. You are right. Did someone say it was?

What you call "abdicating" is known as FEDERALISM. I realize it's a tough concept, but there you are.

Federalism doesn't mean the federal government is without power or responsibility.
Bearitto
Booray said:

Bearitto said:

Booray said:

Bearitto said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Federalism doesn't mean the federal government is without power or responsibility.

Let me help you re: Federalism

Amendment IX: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yes, they are facts. I probably will not be voting for Biden, but Trump flip flopped on Georgia governor. If something bad happens in Georgia, Trump will say 'I told you so'

Jacques Strap
Good Sunday Morning to you all. Interesting read below. Went to Ruth's Chris last night. The mananger said bookings are full most nights. They are in the 50% capacity phase and people are coming. I wonder how long servers will wear masks? Will this be something that sticks and becomes the new normal?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-22/did-japan-just-beat-the-virus-without-lockdowns-or-mass-testing

Did Japan Just Beat the Virus Without Lockdowns or Mass Testing?

Quote:

Japan's state of emergency is nearing its end with new cases of the coronavirus dwindling to mere dozens. It got there despite largely ignoring the default playbook.

No restrictions were placed on residents' movements, and businesses from restaurants to hairdressers stayed open. No high-tech apps that tracked people's movements were deployed. The country doesn't have a center for disease control. And even as nations were exhorted to "test, test, test," Japan has tested just 0.2% of its population -- one of the lowest rates among developed countries.

Yet the curve has been flattened, with deaths well below 1,000, by far the fewest among the Group of Seven developed nations. In Tokyo, its dense center, cases have dropped to single digits on most days. While the possibility of a more severe second wave of infection is ever-present, Japan has entered and is set to leave its emergency in just weeks, with the status already lifted for most of the country and likely to exit completely as early as Monday.

Booray
Bearitto said:

Booray said:

Bearitto said:

Booray said:

Bearitto said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Let me help you re: Federalism

Amendment IX: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Really don't need your help.

Here is a little reading for you:

https://guides.ll.georgetown.edu/c.php?g=364692&p=2463710

Jack Bauer
Aliceinbubbleland
Jack Bauer said:

Looks like one of Marty and Wendy Byrde's enterprises
riflebear
Jack Bauer said:

We live near one of the top resorts in the country and I talked to my buddy who is a manager out there and they are sold out this weekend. Amazing how many people want to get out. It's a large spread out resort so it would look nothing like this and they've taken a bunch of precautions.
ValhallaBear

This was posted 15 days ago....can blackie confirm a massive spike in covid cases in the area he was referring to in this post?

There would have to be a massive spike in covid cases given the lack of mask use in this confined space?

If there is not a massive spike in covid cases how do we explain it?
Aliceinbubbleland
Airplane bookings are rapidly increasing, vacation spots are filling up and shoppers are out in mass. Where is all the money coming from? I was under the impression millions and millions were either unemployed or working with reduced pay. I'd bet those who got the stimulus checks had already spent that money before the Memorial Day holidays.
Osodecentx
ValhallaBear said:

This was posted 15 days ago....can blackie confirm a massive spike in covid cases in the area he was referring to in this post?

There would have to be a massive spike in covid cases given the lack of mask use in this confined space?

If there is not a massive spike in covid cases how do we explain it?
And are the hospitals overwhelmed?
ATL Bear
Since April 24th when Georgia began reopening:

Georgia
New Cases: 19,762
New Deaths: 927
Population: 10.6 million

New York City (5 boroughs not state)
New Cases: 46,407
New Deaths: 3,590
Population: 8.3 million
ATL Bear
Updated virus progression

US:
March 19: 4,530 new cases, 57 new deaths
March 20: 5,594 new cases, 49 new deaths
March 21: 4,824 new cases, 46 new deaths
March 22: 9,339 new cases. 117 new deaths
March 23: 10,168 new cases. 140 new deaths.
March 24: 11,089 new cases. 225 new deaths.
March 25: 13,355 new cases. 247 new deaths.
March 26: 17,224 new cases. 268 new deaths.
March 27: 18,691 new cases. 401 new deaths.
March 28: 19,452 new cases. 525 new deaths
March 29: 18,882 new cases. 264 new deaths
March 30: 20,353 new cases. 573 new deaths.
March 31: 24,742 new cases. 912 new deaths.
April 1: 26,473 new cases. 1049 new deaths.
April 2: 29,874 new cases. 968 new deaths.
April 3: 32,284 new cases. 1,321 new deaths.
April 4: 34,196 new cases. 1,331 new deaths.
April 5: 25,316 new cases. 1,165 new deaths.
April 6: 30,331 new cases. 1,255 new deaths.
April 7: 33,331 new cases. 1,970 new deaths.
April 8: 31,935 new cases. 1,940 new deaths
April 9: 33,536 new cases. 1,900 new deaths.
April 10: 33,752 new cases. 2,035 new deaths.
April 11: 30,003 new cases. 1,830 new deaths
April 12: 27,421 new cases. 1,528 new deaths.
April 13: 26,641 new cases. 1,535 new deaths.
April 14: 30,288 new cases. 6,129 new deaths.
April 15: 30,700 new cases. 2,796 new deaths.
April 16: 31,805 new cases. 2,108 new deaths.
April 17: 31,575 new cases. 2,524 new deaths
April 18: 28,526 new cases. 2,076 new deaths.
April 19: 25,778 new cases. 1,638 new deaths.
April 20: 28,751 new cases. 1,781 new deaths.
April 21: 25,615 new cases. 2,847 new deaths.
April 22: 29,958 new cases. 2,221 new deaths.
April 23: 34,856 new cases. 2,425 new deaths.
April 24: 37,057 new cases. 2,170 new deaths
April 25: 31,750 new cases. 1,797 new deaths.
April 26: 27,155 new cases. 1,333 new deaths.
April 27: 23,917 new cases. 1,308 new deaths.
April 28: 25,324 new cases. 2,368 new deaths.
April 29: 29,012 new cases. 2,426 new deaths.
April 30: 31,471 new cases. 2,233 new deaths.
May 1: 35,052 new cases. 1,872 new deaths.
May 2: 29,253 new cases. 1,573 new deaths.
May 3: 25,213 new cases. 1,265 new deaths.
May 4: 24,094 new cases. 1,355 new deaths.
May 5: 25,685 new cases. 2,339 new deaths.
May 6: 25,568 new cases. 2,456 new deaths.
May 7: 29,693 new cases. 1,953 new deaths.
May 8: 29,255 new cases. 1,710 new deaths.
May 9: 25,179 new cases. 1,465 new deaths.
May 10: 20,082 new cases. 846 new deaths.
May 11: 18,576 new cases. 968 new deaths.
May 12: 22,148 new cases. 1,568 new deaths.
May 13: 21,583 new cases. 1,754 new deaths.
May 14: 26,609 new cases. 1,762 new deaths.
May 15: 25,157 new cases. 1,605 new deaths.
May 16: 24,822 new cases. 1,197 new deaths.
May 17: 18,820 new cases. 746 new deaths.
May 18: 22,668 new cases. 1019 new deaths.
May 19: 20,168 new cases. 1,583 new deaths.
May 20: 26,149 new cases. 1,512 new deaths.
May 21: 26,164 new cases. 1,278 new deaths.
May 22: 24,382 new cases. 1,232 new deaths.
May 23: 22,020 new cases. 1,088 new deaths.

Total cases (tested): 1,661,127
Total deaths: 97,555

Texas:
March 30: 2,906 cases. 41 deaths.
March 31: 3,666 cases. 56 deaths.
April 1: 4,068 cases. 60 deaths
April 2: 4,823 cases. 77 deaths
April 3: 5,658 cases. 97 deaths
April 4: 6,311 cases. 111 deaths
April 5: 7,044 cases. 133 deaths
April 6: 8,088 cases. 151 deaths
April 7: 8,939 cases. 167 deaths
April 8: 10,065 cases. 195 deaths
April 9: 11,426 cases. 222 deaths
April 10: 12,186 cases. 248 deaths.
April 11: 13,205 cases. 267 deaths
April 12: 13,640 cases. 278 deaths
April 13: 14,277 cases. 295 deaths
April 14: 15,013 cases. 345 deaths
April 15: 16,009 cases. 375 deaths.
April 16: 17,265 cases. 429 deaths.
April 17: 18,079 cases. 459 deaths.
April 18: 18,921 cases. 484 deaths.
April 19: 19,404 cases. 500 deaths.
April 20: 20,087 cases. 520 deaths.
April 21: 20,975 cases. 545 deaths
April 22: 21,774 cases. 567 deaths.
April 23: 22,650 cases. 604 deaths
April 24: 23,642 cases. 624 deaths.
April 25: 24,157 cases. 638 deaths.
April 26: 24,968 cases. 651 deaths.
April 27: 25,321 cases. 667 deaths.
April 28: 26,357 cases. 719 deaths.
April 29: 27,390 cases. 759 deaths.
April 30: 28,707 cases. 809 deaths.
May 1: 29,937 cases. 841 deaths.
May 2: 31,163 cases. 865 deaths.
May 3: 31,997 cases. 878 deaths.
May 4: 32,731 cases. 898 deaths.
May 5: 33,755 cases. 924 deaths.
May 6: 34,881 cases. 959 deaths.
May 7: 36,045 cases. 985 deaths.
May 8: 37,417 cases. 1,030 deaths.
May 9: 38,394 cases. 1,066 deaths.
May 10: 39,249 cases. 1,094 deaths.
May 11: 40,589 cases. 1,118 deaths.
May 12: 41,432 cases. 1,146 deaths.
May 13: 42,295 cases. 1,171 deaths.
May 14: 44,480 cases. 1,235 deaths.
May 15: 45,858 cases. 1,284 deaths.
May 16: 47,452 cases. 1,318 deaths.
May 17: 48,396 cases. 1,343 deaths.
May 18: 49,213 cases. 1,352 deaths.
May 19: 50,585 cases. 1,389 deaths.
May 20: 51,703 cases. 1,428 deaths.
May 21: 52,946 cases. 1,459 deaths.
May 22: 53,567 cases. 1,470 deaths.
May 23: 54,708 cases. 1,477 deaths.

New York:
March 30: 67,325 cases. 1,342 deaths.
March 31: 75,983 cases. 1,714 deaths.
April 1: 83,901 cases. 2,219 deaths. (505 today!)
April 2: 93,053 cases. 2,583 deaths.
April 3: 103,476 cases. 3,218 deaths. (680 today!)
April 4: 114,775 cases. 3,565 deaths.
April 5: 123,018 cases. 4,159 deaths. (594 today)
April 6: 131,916 cases. 4,758 deaths. (599 today)
April 7: 142,384 cases. 5,489 deaths. (731 today)
April 8: 151,171 cases. 6,268 deaths. (779 today)
April 9: 161,504 cases. 7,067 deaths. (799 today)
April 10: 172,358 cases. 7,844 deaths. (777 today)
April 11: 181,144 cases. 8,627 deaths (783 today)
April 12: 189,415 cases. 9,385 deaths (758 today)
April 13: 195,655 cases. 10,056 deaths (671 today)
April 14: 207,168 cases. 14,612 deaths (4,556 today)
April 15: 218,911 cases. 15,648 deaths (1,036 today)
April 16: 227,625 cases. 16,130 deaths (482 today)
April 17: 235,395 cases. 17,131 deaths (1,001 today)
April 18: 242,580 cases. 17,627 deaths (541 today)
April 19: 248,431 cases. 18,298 deaths (671 today)
April 20: 253,324 cases. 18,822 deaths (524 today)
April 21: 258,589 cases. 19,753 deaths (931 today)
April 22: 263,754 cases. 20,255 deaths (501 today)
April 23: 271,162 cases. 20,982 deaths (727 today)
April 24: 279,314 cases. 21,430 deaths (448 today)
April 25: 287,490 cases. 21,802 deaths (372 today)
April 26: 293,696 cases. 22,365 deaths (563 today)
April 27: 298,442 cases. 22,668 deaths (303 today)
April 28: 301,489 cases. 23,134 deaths (466 today)
April 29: 306,478 cases. 23,477 deaths (343 today)
April 30: 311,379 cases. 23,796 deaths (316 today)
May 1: 315,515 cases. 24,039 deaths (243 today)
May 2: 320,219 cases. 24,301 deaths (264 today)
May 3: 323,197 cases. 24,706 deaths (405 today)
May 4: 327,489 cases. 24,999 deaths. (293 today)
May 5: 330,066 cases. 25,255 deaths (256 today)
May 6: 333,576 cases. 25,923 deaths (668 today)
May 7: 334,106 cases. 26,144 deaths (221 today)
May 8: 336,754 cases. 26,379 deaths (235 today)
May 9: 339,307 cases. 26,563 deaths (184 today)
May 10: 341,295 cases. 26,697 deaths (134 today)
May 11: 342,813 cases. 26,832 deaths (135 today)
May 12: 344,455 cases. 26,983 deaths (151 today)
May 13: 346,517 cases. 26,971 deaths (155 today)
May 14: 348,790 cases. 27,103 deaths (132 today)
May 15: 351,527 cases. 27,259 deaths (156 today)
May 16: 353,824 cases. 27,406 deaths (147 today)
May 17: 355,347 cases. 27,515 deaths (109 today)
May 18: 356,561 cases. 27,613 deaths (98 today)
May 19: 358,223 cases. 27,787 deaths (174 today)
May 20: 359,594 cases. 27,853 deaths (66 today)
May 21: 361,699 cases. 27,945 deaths (92 today)
May 22: 363,272 cases. 27,999 deaths (54 today)
May 23: 365,139 cases. 28,148 deaths (149 today)

Georgia:
April 3: 5955 cases. 196 deaths.
April 4: 6373 cases. 206 deaths.
April 5: 6729 cases. 217 deaths.
April 6: 7549 cases. 285 deaths.
April 7: 9131 cases. 335 deaths.
April 8: 10,203 cases. 361 deaths.
April 9: 10,882 cases. 407 deaths.
April 10: 11,852 cases. 421 deaths.
April 11: 12,261 cases. 432 deaths.
April 12: 12,550 cases. 440 deaths.
April 13: 13,621 cases. 477 deaths.
April 14: 14,578 cases. 523 deaths.
April 15: 15,267 cases. 575 deaths.
April 16: 16,354 cases. 613 deaths.
April 17: 17,434 cases. 668 deaths.
April 18: 17,841 cases. 677 deaths.
April 19: 18,297 cases. 687 deaths.
April 20: 19,388 cases. 769 deaths.
April 21: 20,156 cases. 816 deaths.
April 22: 21,090 cases. 845 deaths.
April 23: 21,883 cases. 881 deaths.
April 24: 22,491 cases. 899 deaths.
April 25: 23,222 cases. 907 deaths.
April 26: 23,475 cases. 916 deaths.
April 27: 24,209 cases. 991 deaths.
April 28: 24,942 cases. 1,037 deaths.
April 29: 25,955 cases. 1,103 deaths.
April 30: 26,375 cases. 1,136 deaths.
May 1: 27,731 cases. 1,169 deaths.
May 2: 28,442 cases. 1,175 deaths.
May 3: 28,662 cases. 1,181 deaths.
May 4: 29,360 cases. 1,244 deaths.
May 5: 29,956 cases. 1,293 deaths.
May 6: 30,727 cases. 1,325 deaths.
May 7: 31,603 cases. 1,351 deaths.
May 8: 32,179 cases. 1,401 deaths.
May 9: 32,586 cases. 1,404 deaths.
May 10: 33,819 cases. 1,405 deaths.
May 11: 34,000 cases. 1,443 deaths.
May 12: 34,924 cases. 1,498 deaths.
May 13: 35,373 cases. 1,509 deaths.
May 14: 35,926 cases. 1,541 deaths.
May 15: 36,763 cases. 1,587 deaths.
May 16: 37,190 cases. 1,598 deaths.
May 17: 37,579 cases. 1,610 deaths.
May 18: 38,253 cases. 1,637 deaths.
May 19: 38,811 cases. 1,669 deaths.
May 20: 39,775 cases. 1,691 deaths.
May 21: 40,645 cases. 1,766 deaths.
May 22: 41,474 cases. 1,802 deaths.
May 23: 42,239 cases. 1,821 deaths.

13,788,870 tests performed since recording
1,613,894 positive tests since recording
11.7% positive all testing
88.3% negative all testing.

Just the data. Current trend of positive tests continues to remain low and is reflected in the reduction of the overall infection rate from 12.9% positive in my last update through 5/17 to 11.7% for this one.
Mitch Blood Green
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/24/coronavirus-rural-america-outbreaks/
riflebear
Jack Bauer
This is the ultimate Karen...

Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Updated virus progression

US:
March 19: 4,530 new cases, 57 new deaths
March 20: 5,594 new cases, 49 new deaths
March 21: 4,824 new cases, 46 new deaths
March 22: 9,339 new cases. 117 new deaths
March 23: 10,168 new cases. 140 new deaths.
March 24: 11,089 new cases. 225 new deaths.
March 25: 13,355 new cases. 247 new deaths.
March 26: 17,224 new cases. 268 new deaths.
March 27: 18,691 new cases. 401 new deaths.
March 28: 19,452 new cases. 525 new deaths
March 29: 18,882 new cases. 264 new deaths
March 30: 20,353 new cases. 573 new deaths.
March 31: 24,742 new cases. 912 new deaths.
April 1: 26,473 new cases. 1049 new deaths.
April 2: 29,874 new cases. 968 new deaths.
April 3: 32,284 new cases. 1,321 new deaths.
April 4: 34,196 new cases. 1,331 new deaths.
April 5: 25,316 new cases. 1,165 new deaths.
April 6: 30,331 new cases. 1,255 new deaths.
April 7: 33,331 new cases. 1,970 new deaths.
April 8: 31,935 new cases. 1,940 new deaths
April 9: 33,536 new cases. 1,900 new deaths.
April 10: 33,752 new cases. 2,035 new deaths.
April 11: 30,003 new cases. 1,830 new deaths
April 12: 27,421 new cases. 1,528 new deaths.
April 13: 26,641 new cases. 1,535 new deaths.
April 14: 30,288 new cases. 6,129 new deaths.
April 15: 30,700 new cases. 2,796 new deaths.
April 16: 31,805 new cases. 2,108 new deaths.
April 17: 31,575 new cases. 2,524 new deaths
April 18: 28,526 new cases. 2,076 new deaths.
April 19: 25,778 new cases. 1,638 new deaths.
April 20: 28,751 new cases. 1,781 new deaths.
April 21: 25,615 new cases. 2,847 new deaths.
April 22: 29,958 new cases. 2,221 new deaths.
April 23: 34,856 new cases. 2,425 new deaths.
April 24: 37,057 new cases. 2,170 new deaths
April 25: 31,750 new cases. 1,797 new deaths.
April 26: 27,155 new cases. 1,333 new deaths.
April 27: 23,917 new cases. 1,308 new deaths.
April 28: 25,324 new cases. 2,368 new deaths.
April 29: 29,012 new cases. 2,426 new deaths.
April 30: 31,471 new cases. 2,233 new deaths.
May 1: 35,052 new cases. 1,872 new deaths.
May 2: 29,253 new cases. 1,573 new deaths.
May 3: 25,213 new cases. 1,265 new deaths.
May 4: 24,094 new cases. 1,355 new deaths.
May 5: 25,685 new cases. 2,339 new deaths.
May 6: 25,568 new cases. 2,456 new deaths.
May 7: 29,693 new cases. 1,953 new deaths.
May 8: 29,255 new cases. 1,710 new deaths.
May 9: 25,179 new cases. 1,465 new deaths.
May 10: 20,082 new cases. 846 new deaths.
May 11: 18,576 new cases. 968 new deaths.
May 12: 22,148 new cases. 1,568 new deaths.
May 13: 21,583 new cases. 1,754 new deaths.
May 14: 26,609 new cases. 1,762 new deaths.
May 15: 25,157 new cases. 1,605 new deaths.
May 16: 24,822 new cases. 1,197 new deaths.
May 17: 18,820 new cases. 746 new deaths.
May 18: 22,668 new cases. 1019 new deaths.
May 19: 20,168 new cases. 1,583 new deaths.
May 20: 26,149 new cases. 1,512 new deaths.
May 21: 26,164 new cases. 1,278 new deaths.
May 22: 24,382 new cases. 1,232 new deaths.
May 23: 22,020 new cases. 1,088 new deaths.

Total cases (tested): 1,661,127
Total deaths: 97,555

Texas:
March 30: 2,906 cases. 41 deaths.
March 31: 3,666 cases. 56 deaths.
April 1: 4,068 cases. 60 deaths
April 2: 4,823 cases. 77 deaths
April 3: 5,658 cases. 97 deaths
April 4: 6,311 cases. 111 deaths
April 5: 7,044 cases. 133 deaths
April 6: 8,088 cases. 151 deaths
April 7: 8,939 cases. 167 deaths
April 8: 10,065 cases. 195 deaths
April 9: 11,426 cases. 222 deaths
April 10: 12,186 cases. 248 deaths.
April 11: 13,205 cases. 267 deaths
April 12: 13,640 cases. 278 deaths
April 13: 14,277 cases. 295 deaths
April 14: 15,013 cases. 345 deaths
April 15: 16,009 cases. 375 deaths.
April 16: 17,265 cases. 429 deaths.
April 17: 18,079 cases. 459 deaths.
April 18: 18,921 cases. 484 deaths.
April 19: 19,404 cases. 500 deaths.
April 20: 20,087 cases. 520 deaths.
April 21: 20,975 cases. 545 deaths
April 22: 21,774 cases. 567 deaths.
April 23: 22,650 cases. 604 deaths
April 24: 23,642 cases. 624 deaths.
April 25: 24,157 cases. 638 deaths.
April 26: 24,968 cases. 651 deaths.
April 27: 25,321 cases. 667 deaths.
April 28: 26,357 cases. 719 deaths.
April 29: 27,390 cases. 759 deaths.
April 30: 28,707 cases. 809 deaths.
May 1: 29,937 cases. 841 deaths.
May 2: 31,163 cases. 865 deaths.
May 3: 31,997 cases. 878 deaths.
May 4: 32,731 cases. 898 deaths.
May 5: 33,755 cases. 924 deaths.
May 6: 34,881 cases. 959 deaths.
May 7: 36,045 cases. 985 deaths.
May 8: 37,417 cases. 1,030 deaths.
May 9: 38,394 cases. 1,066 deaths.
May 10: 39,249 cases. 1,094 deaths.
May 11: 40,589 cases. 1,118 deaths.
May 12: 41,432 cases. 1,146 deaths.
May 13: 42,295 cases. 1,171 deaths.
May 14: 44,480 cases. 1,235 deaths.
May 15: 45,858 cases. 1,284 deaths.
May 16: 47,452 cases. 1,318 deaths.
May 17: 48,396 cases. 1,343 deaths.
May 18: 49,213 cases. 1,352 deaths.
May 19: 50,585 cases. 1,389 deaths.
May 20: 51,703 cases. 1,428 deaths.
May 21: 52,946 cases. 1,459 deaths.
May 22: 53,567 cases. 1,470 deaths.
May 23: 54,708 cases. 1,477 deaths.

New York:
March 30: 67,325 cases. 1,342 deaths.
March 31: 75,983 cases. 1,714 deaths.
April 1: 83,901 cases. 2,219 deaths. (505 today!)
April 2: 93,053 cases. 2,583 deaths.
April 3: 103,476 cases. 3,218 deaths. (680 today!)
April 4: 114,775 cases. 3,565 deaths.
April 5: 123,018 cases. 4,159 deaths. (594 today)
April 6: 131,916 cases. 4,758 deaths. (599 today)
April 7: 142,384 cases. 5,489 deaths. (731 today)
April 8: 151,171 cases. 6,268 deaths. (779 today)
April 9: 161,504 cases. 7,067 deaths. (799 today)
April 10: 172,358 cases. 7,844 deaths. (777 today)
April 11: 181,144 cases. 8,627 deaths (783 today)
April 12: 189,415 cases. 9,385 deaths (758 today)
April 13: 195,655 cases. 10,056 deaths (671 today)
April 14: 207,168 cases. 14,612 deaths (4,556 today)
April 15: 218,911 cases. 15,648 deaths (1,036 today)
April 16: 227,625 cases. 16,130 deaths (482 today)
April 17: 235,395 cases. 17,131 deaths (1,001 today)
April 18: 242,580 cases. 17,627 deaths (541 today)
April 19: 248,431 cases. 18,298 deaths (671 today)
April 20: 253,324 cases. 18,822 deaths (524 today)
April 21: 258,589 cases. 19,753 deaths (931 today)
April 22: 263,754 cases. 20,255 deaths (501 today)
April 23: 271,162 cases. 20,982 deaths (727 today)
April 24: 279,314 cases. 21,430 deaths (448 today)
April 25: 287,490 cases. 21,802 deaths (372 today)
April 26: 293,696 cases. 22,365 deaths (563 today)
April 27: 298,442 cases. 22,668 deaths (303 today)
April 28: 301,489 cases. 23,134 deaths (466 today)
April 29: 306,478 cases. 23,477 deaths (343 today)
April 30: 311,379 cases. 23,796 deaths (316 today)
May 1: 315,515 cases. 24,039 deaths (243 today)
May 2: 320,219 cases. 24,301 deaths (264 today)
May 3: 323,197 cases. 24,706 deaths (405 today)
May 4: 327,489 cases. 24,999 deaths. (293 today)
May 5: 330,066 cases. 25,255 deaths (256 today)
May 6: 333,576 cases. 25,923 deaths (668 today)
May 7: 334,106 cases. 26,144 deaths (221 today)
May 8: 336,754 cases. 26,379 deaths (235 today)
May 9: 339,307 cases. 26,563 deaths (184 today)
May 10: 341,295 cases. 26,697 deaths (134 today)
May 11: 342,813 cases. 26,832 deaths (135 today)
May 12: 344,455 cases. 26,983 deaths (151 today)
May 13: 346,517 cases. 26,971 deaths (155 today)
May 14: 348,790 cases. 27,103 deaths (132 today)
May 15: 351,527 cases. 27,259 deaths (156 today)
May 16: 353,824 cases. 27,406 deaths (147 today)
May 17: 355,347 cases. 27,515 deaths (109 today)
May 18: 356,561 cases. 27,613 deaths (98 today)
May 19: 358,223 cases. 27,787 deaths (174 today)
May 20: 359,594 cases. 27,853 deaths (66 today)
May 21: 361,699 cases. 27,945 deaths (92 today)
May 22: 363,272 cases. 27,999 deaths (54 today)
May 23: 365,139 cases. 28,148 deaths (149 today)

Georgia:
April 3: 5955 cases. 196 deaths.
April 4: 6373 cases. 206 deaths.
April 5: 6729 cases. 217 deaths.
April 6: 7549 cases. 285 deaths.
April 7: 9131 cases. 335 deaths.
April 8: 10,203 cases. 361 deaths.
April 9: 10,882 cases. 407 deaths.
April 10: 11,852 cases. 421 deaths.
April 11: 12,261 cases. 432 deaths.
April 12: 12,550 cases. 440 deaths.
April 13: 13,621 cases. 477 deaths.
April 14: 14,578 cases. 523 deaths.
April 15: 15,267 cases. 575 deaths.
April 16: 16,354 cases. 613 deaths.
April 17: 17,434 cases. 668 deaths.
April 18: 17,841 cases. 677 deaths.
April 19: 18,297 cases. 687 deaths.
April 20: 19,388 cases. 769 deaths.
April 21: 20,156 cases. 816 deaths.
April 22: 21,090 cases. 845 deaths.
April 23: 21,883 cases. 881 deaths.
April 24: 22,491 cases. 899 deaths.
April 25: 23,222 cases. 907 deaths.
April 26: 23,475 cases. 916 deaths.
April 27: 24,209 cases. 991 deaths.
April 28: 24,942 cases. 1,037 deaths.
April 29: 25,955 cases. 1,103 deaths.
April 30: 26,375 cases. 1,136 deaths.
May 1: 27,731 cases. 1,169 deaths.
May 2: 28,442 cases. 1,175 deaths.
May 3: 28,662 cases. 1,181 deaths.
May 4: 29,360 cases. 1,244 deaths.
May 5: 29,956 cases. 1,293 deaths.
May 6: 30,727 cases. 1,325 deaths.
May 7: 31,603 cases. 1,351 deaths.
May 8: 32,179 cases. 1,401 deaths.
May 9: 32,586 cases. 1,404 deaths.
May 10: 33,819 cases. 1,405 deaths.
May 11: 34,000 cases. 1,443 deaths.
May 12: 34,924 cases. 1,498 deaths.
May 13: 35,373 cases. 1,509 deaths.
May 14: 35,926 cases. 1,541 deaths.
May 15: 36,763 cases. 1,587 deaths.
May 16: 37,190 cases. 1,598 deaths.
May 17: 37,579 cases. 1,610 deaths.
May 18: 38,253 cases. 1,637 deaths.
May 19: 38,811 cases. 1,669 deaths.
May 20: 39,775 cases. 1,691 deaths.
May 21: 40,645 cases. 1,766 deaths.
May 22: 41,474 cases. 1,802 deaths.
May 23: 42,239 cases. 1,821 deaths.

13,788,870 tests performed since recording
1,613,894 positive tests since recording
11.7% positive all testing
88.3% negative all testing.

Just the data. Current trend of positive tests continues to remain low and is reflected in the reduction of the overall infection rate from 12.9% positive in my last update through 5/17 to 11.7% for this one.
I really appreciate these posts

Just data
Florda_mike
ATL Bear said:

Since April 24th when Georgia began reopening:

Georgia
New Cases: 19,762
New Deaths: 927
Population: 10.6 million

New York City (5 boroughs not state)
New Cases: 46,407
New Deaths: 3,590
Population: 8.3 million

NYC is cooking the books, burning em up too
Doc Holliday
LTbear
ATL Bear said:

LTbear said:

To whoever was posting the daily updates: might be more useful to post positive test rate (#positives over #tests). That's more informative in many ways. Trending down in most states. There was a site I found that tracks it state to state; will look for later when not on phone.
I did include the test rates on my last update, and will do so on the. Ext one. I'm doing them every several days because there are adjustments each 3-4 day window.

Gotcha. Sorry, didn't remember you including them.
Jacques Strap
If this keeps up we'll either see a spike in hospitalizations in two to four weeks and people will pull back a little, or we won't see a spike because all the youngsters are asymtomatic or won't need a hospital bed. If no spike the <40 year old group and possibly more than a few <60 year olds will be pedal to the metal.

Reuters
Ocean City, MD left, Lake of the Ozarks right

Ocean City, MD boardwalk

I looked at a few Destin Florida beach cams yesterday but did not see an that were "crowded" or "packed" although all were in use but fairly well spread out.

trey3216
Jacques Strap said:

If this keeps up we'll either see a spike in hospitalizations in two to four weeks and people will pull back a little, or we won't see a spike because all the youngsters are asymtomatic or won't need a hospital bed. If no spike the <40 year old group and possibly more than a few <60 year olds will be pedal to the metal.

Reuters
Ocean City, MD left, Lake of the Ozarks right

Ocean City, MD boardwalk

I looked at a few Destin Florida beach cams yesterday but did not see an that were "crowded" or "packed" although all were in use but fairly well spread out.

Those are two of the worst graphs I've ever seen.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Aliceinbubbleland
Jack Bauer said:

This is the ultimate Karen...

I liked the pictures, not Rita's silly complaint
ATL Bear
Lowest number of Covid deaths yesterday since March 30.
Doc Holliday
The mask mandates don't make any sense.

Anything other than N95 is pointless. Most people I see out in public are wearing cloth masks and bandanas. The particles go right through it.

The stupidity of this world is unbelievable.
Booray
Doc Holliday said:

Anything other than N95 is pointless. Most people I see out in public are wearing cloth masks and bandanas. The particles go right through it.

I can see why you had the perfect SAT score.

From reading your posts I have gleaned that somehow you have more knowledge about virus transmission that the world's leading infectious disease doctors, understand criminal and mandamus procedure better than leading legal scholars, have better insight into national intelligence procedures than former CIA directors and Directors of National Intelligence and can see how Nobel prize-winning economists just don't understand the modern economy.

I bet you can even fold a fitted sheet.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

From reading your posts I have gleaned that somehow you have more knowledge about virus transmission that the world's leading infectious disease doctors, understand criminal and mandamus procedure better than leading legal scholars, have better insight into national intelligence procedures than former CIA directors and Directors of National Intelligence and can see how Nobel prize-winning economists just don't understand the modern economy.

Do you have proof cloth masks are effective against C19?

The vast majority do not have N95 masks. That's a problem right?

When the worlds leading doctors are wrong...who is right?

You have bad tendency to argue form authority and outright believe people because of their credentials, even when they're completely wrong.

How about you start believing facts. Stop believing people simply because they have "authority" on the issue. People are wrong more often than not.
Buddha Bear
Asian countries are right Doc. They beat the virus quicker. Every metric better. They are wearing any mask they can get their hands on and its 99% compliance. We Americans just cant wrap our arrogant heads around it. Maybe we should study it a few more times. Maybe we also study the miracle of the wheel why we are at it. Fascinating stuff.

Throw in testing like the SKoreans did and we would actually make some progress. Too communist for us though. Not bootstrappy enough.
Booray
Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

You have bad tendency to argue form authority and outright believe people because of their credentials, even when they're completely wrong.

How about you start believing facts. Stop believing people simply because they have "authority" on the issue. People are wrong more often than not.

The post I responded to was 100% your opinion. Do as I say, not as I do?

I don't pretend to be an infectious disease doctor. But my common sense yes me that a cloth barrier reduces the distance a respiratory droplet will travel. By definition, that reduction is helpful.

It doesn't hurt. And people who know a lot more about it agree.

Let's hear your argument for why masks should not be worn when one is indoors and likely to be within 6 feet of people you do not know.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

The post I responded to was 100% your opinion. Do as I say, not as I do?

I don't pretend to be an infectious disease doctor. But my common sense yes me that a cloth barrier reduces the distance a respiratory droplet will travel. By definition, that reduction is helpful.

It doesn't hurt. And people who know a lot more about it agree.

Let's hear your argument for why masks should not be worn when one is indoors and likely to be within 6 feet of people you do not know.
Why would you assume it's opinion?

There is no scientific evidence that cloth masks are effective in reducing the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission. ZERO EVIDENCE.

The particles are so small they can get through the cloth.

This is the whole point of N95...which is the mask type I wear.

When did I say I was against masks altogether? I didn't. You assumed.

If we're going to have mandated face mask law then we need to make sure everyone is using N95. That's my position.
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.