Coronavirus updates here

432,954 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

Sam aligns himself with Quash and Jinx!

I never considered Sam quite that bad until Sam relegated himself to this lowly position. Imo Sam is digressing

Wow just wow
Sam has not aligned himself with anyone. He is being a witness to his experience.
OK, then Sam's "experience" is as a progressive.

That's fine, but let's call a duck a duck.
Sorry. What I was trying to make clear was that what Sam said had nothing to do with his politics, just his observations.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

I never considered Sam quite that bad until Sam relegated himself to this lowly position. Imo Sam is digressing

Wow just wow
Sam has not aligned himself with anyone. He is being a witness to his experience.
OK, then Sam's "experience" is as a progressive.

That's fine, but let's call a duck a duck.
Sorry. What I was trying to make clear was that what Sam said had nothing to do with his politics, just his observations.
I agree that Sam's post was not about politics, although I would not call it 'observations', either, since it was emotional rather than rational in its contention, especially in the context of this board.

That's just my opinion, of course, but then again it was about Sam's opinion, not a statement of objective fact.

I would add that I consider you, Sam, and Jinx to be very different in experience, style, and backstory.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
riflebear
More racism from conservatives before the rally. Something you obviously won't see on CNN or MSNBC.

Jacques Strap
This guy is the biggest buzz kill in the world.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dr-anthony-fauci-warns-football-may-not-happen-this-year-140035502.html

Dr. Anthony Fauci warns, 'Football may not happen this year'

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, had a dire outlook on whether football can be played this season when asked by CNN.

"Unless players are essentially in a bubble insulated from the community and they are tested nearly every day it would be very hard to see how football is able to be played this fall," Fauci told CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta. "If there is a second wave, which is certainly a possibility and which would be complicated by the predictable flu season, football may not happen this year."
Florda_mike
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The pandemic will mysteriously end on the evening of November 3rd, 2020. I have no doubt. The rioting, looting, and anarchy may go to the next level.
Tell that to the extra 100,000 + projected to be dead by October. Covid doesn't care about political dates, but Trump's dream of re-election will end on November 3rd.

I just thank the good Lord that coronavirus seems to have eradicated heart disease, cancer, diabetes, the Flu, and dying of old age. Thank you, coronavirus!

Your Party's quest for a country without law-enforcement is what will easily give Trump the election. I am no huge Trump fan, but that is reality.
Spoken with true Christian charity no doubt. Which church taught you contempt for elderly?

I think you have your parties mixed up.
So what exactly does my Christianity status and/ or contempt for the elderly have to do with the Democrats wanting to eliminate law enforcement?

My party has been Republican. Show us your evidence where either Democrats or Republicans want to eliminate law enforcement.
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! Now that is funny. You are every bit as Republican/ conservative as quash is Libertarian. If you have no belief that mostly Democratic cities want to defund and/ or eliminate their police forces, then you are either in complete denial of you are not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Here's one example. I would be happy to post a couple of dozen more if you would like.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/06/12/its-official-minneapolis-city-council-unanimously-votes-to-abolish-police-n2570582

Enough. You don't even have a good sense of what Libertarians stand for. But if you do happen to buy a clue then either show me where I vary or STFU. Seriously.
Now, now quash. No need to be ugly. The lion's share of your posts speak for themselves. I gotta go repair a fence, and maybe on my way home I will swing by Walmart to see if I can buy a clue.
You won't. You've had plenty of opportunities and yet you persist in unfounded crap. I'm tired of it. Not that that matters to you.
Man, I did not mean to hurt your feelings. Sorry. I just call it like I see it.
No, you don't, and don't condescend to me. Like you see it? What do you see? Either man up and quote me or STFU. I hate having to ask, it's demeaning.
Relax dude. You are a top five poster in defending extremely Liberal idiocy on this board. You should take a survey of other posters here to see what their opinions are. If they come out and say that you are a true Libertarian and I am wrong, I will admit I am wrong. Jinx is the only poster here that I have seen attempt to defend your Libertarianism. I have always respected you as a poster, but please stop labeling yourself as something you are not.

And TexasScientist is a Republican. And I am Warren Buffett's financial advisor.
Quash is constantly lied about, and his accusers almost always back down when asked for specifics. You can count me along with Jinx in his defense.

Wow just wow

Ok so you disagree with opinions on Sam but agree you're "lowly?"

Gotcha
Jacques Strap
So, he admits he lied about masks. What else did he lie about?

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/502890-fauci-why-the-public-wasnt-told-to-wear-masks

Fauci: why the public wasn't told to wear masks when the coronavirus pandemic began
quash
Jacques Strap said:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/502890-fauci-why-the-public-wasnt-told-to-wear-masks

Fauci: why the public wasn't told to wear masks when the coronavirus pandemic began
"The story of the crisis is not quite that of scientists who knew the answers and one political party that just wouldn't listen to them. Rather, it is a story of fractureof conflict and confusion, of experts earning mistrust, of each side cultivating its own class of experts to own the other's." Ari Schulmam
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Jacques Strap
https://www.texmed.org/TexasMedicineDetail.aspx?id=53858&utm_source=Informz&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=TMT&_zs=3lkpG1&_zl=rnto5&fbclid=IwAR1BWbsKYuSbxf61iO9ojAh-i20I4Oe9hHlK6phfmZN5tiKRn2dACb30lHk

Cases Up, Deaths Down; What's Going On With COVID-19 in Texas?

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

Jacques Strap said:

"The story of the crisis is not quite that of scientists who knew the answers and one political party that just wouldn't listen to them. Rather, it is a story of fractureof conflict and confusion, of experts earning mistrust, of each side cultivating its own class of experts to own the other's." Ari Schulmam
Defense of Liberal idiocy.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
TexasScientist
Jacques Strap said:

https://www.texmed.org/TexasMedicineDetail.aspx?id=53858&utm_source=Informz&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=TMT&_zs=3lkpG1&_zl=rnto5&fbclid=IwAR1BWbsKYuSbxf61iO9ojAh-i20I4Oe9hHlK6phfmZN5tiKRn2dACb30lHk

We're seeing the beginning of the results from openning back up on Memorial Day and thereafter. People are not wearing masks in public and are not social distancing enough. It's only going to get worse, because we are not effectively identifying cases, quaranteening them, tracing their contacts and isolating them. The countries that have implemented that policy have been successful in controlling the virus. They have been able to maintain economic viability through wearing masks, social distancing, identifying, tracing, and isolating. It's going to get out of control in Texas and elsewhere because there is no comprehensive plan in place for our country. The policy is every state for itself. There is too much travel and interaction between states for every state doing is own thing to work.
Bexar Pitts
McLennan County just reported as of 3PM June 20th, 41 new cases. Now 303 total, with 153 active... 712 , yep, 712 now being monitored. 9 Hospitalizations..5 deaths. Big Jump.
Osodecentx
Bexar Pitts said:

McLennan County just reported as of 3PM June 20th, 41 new cases. Now 303 total, with 153 active... 712 , yep, 712 now being monitored. 9 Hospitalizations..5 deaths. Big Jump.
Anybody speculating on reasons for the jump?
Osodecentx
Bexar Pitts said:

64% of cases are under age 50. 49% under age 40.
18% are age 60+
Largest group is 20-29 year olds at 23%
blackie
TexasScientist said:

Jacques Strap said:

We're seeing the beginning of the results from openning back up on Memorial Day and thereafter. People are not wearing masks in public and are not social distancing enough. It's only going to get worse, because we are not effectively identifying cases, quaranteening them, tracing their contacts and isolating them. The countries that have implemented that policy have been successful in controlling the virus. They have been able to maintain economic viability through wearing masks, social distancing, identifying, tracing, and isolating. It's going to get out of control in Texas and elsewhere because there is no comprehensive plan in place for our country. The policy is every state for itself. There is too much travel and interaction between states for every state doing is own thing to work.
But.....it is my freedom and right to make you sick......so we are effectively told here. And after your getting sick, you give it to your parents or your friend down the street that you didn't know was a diabetic and they end up in the ICU, well it is their fault because they didn't hole up in a bomb shelter verses minding their own business wearing their mask and avoiding crowds just trying to live their life, stupidly expecting that others shared their concern for others.
Sam Lowry
'This has to stop': Houston ICUs filling up after surge in COVID-19 hospitalizations
By Alison Medley
Friday, June 19, 2020

In just this past week, Texas hospitals have experienced a surge in COVID-19 hospitalizations, climbing to a record number of 3,148 on Friday, according to Texas Health and Human Services.

The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases has grown to 103,305 in Texas. Harris County now leads the state with 18,552 cases.

As the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations have climbed, Houston hospital ICUs have seen an increased influx in patients. According to Houston Methodist Hospital's ICU lead, Dr. Faisal Masul, ICU admissions have shot up in the last week.

"In the the last 5 days, ICU admissions have risen 30 or 40 percent," Masud said. "We are very, very full. Initially, the uptick has been more than regular."

Houston's Memorial Hermann Hospital has also seen a marked increase in their ICU admissions, according to Dr. James McCarthy.

"Volumes have definitely been increasing," McCarthy said. "We have vigilantly tried to increase capacity."

Masud said Houston Methodist's plan of action is to meet the need within the Houston community.

"Our strategy is that we going to be adding more beds," he said.

Masud said the influx of ICU patients is concerning.

"This has to stop. This is not good," Masud said. "After Memorial Day, this is what has happened. Everything depends upon people complying with these mask orders and businesses actually enforcing the orders."

Masud reiterated that Houstonians must stay vigilant and avoid a false sense of security.

"We did such a good job as a city and a state early on," Masud said. "Now we have a lot to do. To lose all this ground, it's disturbing."

The message he wants to send to Texans is simple.

"Stop thinking only about yourself. Think of everyone else around you," Masud said. "Please put your mask on. It's a big deal. Please keep your social distancing. If nothing changes, the choice will be out of our hands. Help us help you."
Oldbear83
No link, no source attribution.

Hmf
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Hmf
Google is sooo hard.

https://www.chron.com/local/article/Houston-ICUs-filling-to-capacity-after-surge-in-15353381.php
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmf
Google is sooo hard.

https://www.chron.com/local/article/Houston-ICUs-filling-to-capacity-after-surge-in-15353381.php
Someone posts an article, up to them to post the attibution.

You of course prefer to excuse your friends and attack the other side for even reasonable requests.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmf
Google is sooo hard.

Someone posts an article, up to them to post the attibution.

You of course prefer to excuse your friends and attack the other side for even reasonable requests.

First, "attribution simply means telling your readers where the information in your story comes from, as well as who is being quoted. Generally, attribution means using a source's full name and job title if that's relevant:

Second, given that the author was revealed if you wanted to know where it came from, instead of starting another worthless internet beef, you could have taken the three seconds I did to find where it was posted. Like it matters.

Third, nothing I did provided an excuse because none was needed. I just did your homework for you.

Fourth, if you consider that an attack you just boosted your odds of winning Snowflake of the Year.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Hmf
I deleted the link because it was messing up the formatting. Figured the more adventurous could discover it was from the Chronicle if they were really curious.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmf
I deleted the link because it was messing up the formatting. Figured the more adventurous could discover it was from the Chronicle if they were really curious.
I will remember that the next you you or quash challenge someone's post because they do the same
Oldbear83
So many excuses you make, so often you use two standards.

quash
Oldbear83 said:

Hey, I didn't break your googler, you were just too lazy to do it.

But now that someone else has done your homework, what do you have to say about the source you whined for, now that we are eight posts past the article?
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmf
I will remember that the next you you or quash challenge someone's post because they do the same
I'm sure you will. It's easily the best point you've made on an 80-page thread.
Osodecentx
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmf
OB83 Should consider posting less
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmf
I'm not surprised you think so, you generally miss most of what I say, so it must be hard for you to grasp my points.

I miss rational Sam.
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmf
OB83 Should consider posting less
You say that a lot. Very NewSpeak of you, very MinistryOfTruth.

This is not Oceania, pal.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hey, I didn't break your googler, you were just too lazy to do it.

But now that someone else has done your homework, what do you have to say about the source you whined for, now that we are eight posts past the article?
Pretty much predictable noise, used for ephemeral points in a meaningless game by people obsessed with appearance rather than changing anything.
blackie
Sam Lowry said:

'This has to stop': Houston ICUs filling up after surge in COVID-19 hospitalizations
By Alison Medley
Friday, June 19, 2020

In just this past week, Texas hospitals have experienced a surge in COVID-19 hospitalizations, climbing to a record number of 3,148 on Friday, according to Texas Health and Human Services.

The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases has grown to 103,305 in Texas. Harris County now leads the state with 18,552 cases.

As the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations have climbed, Houston hospital ICUs have seen an increased influx in patients. According to Houston Methodist Hospital's ICU lead, Dr. Faisal Masul, ICU admissions have shot up in the last week.

"In the the last 5 days, ICU admissions have risen 30 or 40 percent," Masud said. "We are very, very full. Initially, the uptick has been more than regular."

Houston's Memorial Hermann Hospital has also seen a marked increase in their ICU admissions, according to Dr. James McCarthy.

"Volumes have definitely been increasing," McCarthy said. "We have vigilantly tried to increase capacity."

Masud said Houston Methodist's plan of action is to meet the need within the Houston community.

"Our strategy is that we going to be adding more beds," he said.

Masud said the influx of ICU patients is concerning.

"This has to stop. This is not good," Masud said. "After Memorial Day, this is what has happened. Everything depends upon people complying with these mask orders and businesses actually enforcing the orders."

Masud reiterated that Houstonians must stay vigilant and avoid a false sense of security.

"We did such a good job as a city and a state early on," Masud said. "Now we have a lot to do. To lose all this ground, it's disturbing."

The message he wants to send to Texans is simple.

"Stop thinking only about yourself. Think of everyone else around you," Masud said. "Please put your mask on. It's a big deal. Please keep your social distancing. If nothing changes, the choice will be out of our hands. Help us help you."
Per Abbott, we have plenty of beds in Texas according to what he told us earlier in the week. There is no problem in Houston. For those Houstonians needing beds, there are still plenty of beds in .......Wink, Dalhart, Ft. Stockton, and Del Rio. No problem.....plenty of capacity in Texas....party on dudes......I hear there is a mask-burning party down at Joe's.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmf
I'm not surprised you think so, you generally miss most of what I say, so it must be hard for you to grasp my points.

I miss rational Sam.
I'm not missing what you say. I just like you a little too much to respond to most of it.
Baylor3216
Baylor3216 said:

Will the socialists be forced to stop the charade for a bit and focus on saving lives?

Shows how useless the lot of the are

Hope y'all crushed it the last few months.
nein51
Is there a correlation between number of positive tests and number of tests being given? Ie are positives going up because the number of tests is going up?
ATL Bear
nein51 said:

Is there a correlation between number of positive tests and number of tests being given? Ie are positives going up because the number of tests is going up?
Yes. I stopped doing my regular updates because this thread continues to go crazy tangential.

You've also got the factor of follow up tests for positives, which compound the numbers because each person tested with a positive result counts as a new case, and people who test positive must continue to test until they are negative.

Just an anecdote, My Great Aunt (103) is languishing in a hospital after testing positive nearly a month ago. She just had test number 6 during that period that has come back positive. She has been asymptomatic the entire time, but you can't play around with someone her age. All 6 of her tests were reported to the state.
Canada2017
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmf

I miss rational Sam.
I'm not missing what you say. I just like you a little too much to respond to most of it.

Another example why you are a must read .

Well done .
Sam Lowry
nein51 said:

No. Not as of now in Texas.
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.