Coronavirus updates here

432,856 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

HashTag said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

1. Signed an Executive Order addressing choke holds by Police

2. Repeatedly supported the rule of law

3. Emphasized the difference between peaceful protest and criminal rioting

4. Repeatedly displayed optimism regarding the US economy

I guess you were asleep through all that
Mostly window dressing. Give me something substantial.
Did. Too bad you can't accept it.

But tell me, since you hate Trump so much and are clearly Team Left, what exactly has Biden or Pelosi done to address the riots and shutdowns?
Having the capicity to see Trump for who he is has nothing to do with left or right. Other than a verbal platform, Biden has no authority to do anything, and Pelosi can only introduce legislation. What has the cult leader done other than add fuel to the fire?
So, you default to excuses and insults.

Yep...

Not surprised either. TS is the most TDSer on this board

Claims to be a scientist ....refuses to provide any details whatsoever .
Claims to own a business which employ's dozens of people.......refuses to provide any details whatsoever.

I don't blame him given the propensity of some here to use personal details in inappropriate ways... not like he owes you answers to personal questions...whatsoever.
OK, just remember that the next time you want someone to support their claim with facts and data. You don't get to demand what you refuse to give.

Facts and data. Personal details. Odd things to confuse.

You really think the first requires the second?

The national debt is $26,000,000,000,000 and climbing. Do you need to know the last time I had sex before we discuss that further?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

HashTag said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

But tell me, since you hate Trump so much and are clearly Team Left, what exactly has Biden or Pelosi done to address the riots and shutdowns?
Having the capicity to see Trump for who he is has nothing to do with left or right. Other than a verbal platform, Biden has no authority to do anything, and Pelosi can only introduce legislation. What has the cult leader done other than add fuel to the fire?

Yep...

Claims to own a business which employ's dozens of people.......refuses to provide any details whatsoever.

I don't blame him given the propensity of some here to use personal details in inappropriate ways... not like he owes you answers to personal questions...whatsoever.
OK, just remember that the next time you want someone to support their claim with facts and data. You don't get to demand what you refuse to give.

The national debt is $26,000,000,000,000 and climbing. Do you need to know the last time I had sex before we discuss that further?
More evasion from quash.

Predictable as poop from a dog on the lawn.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

HashTag said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yep...

More evasion from quash.

On the contrary, I directly addressed your proposition. And then asked you a question. Which you evaded.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

HashTag said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yep...

More evasion from quash.

On the contrary, I directly addressed your proposition. And then asked you a question. Which you evaded.
No, you went petulant and got your feelings hurt.

As per your routine.

quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

HashTag said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yep...

More evasion from quash.

As per your routine.

You should think about posting less.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

HashTag said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yep...

More evasion from quash.

As per your routine.

Sorry, your power to control anyone else exists only in your imagination.

You should think more.
Sam Lowry
SAN ANTONIO - A recent report from CNBC has named the San Antonio metropolitan area as one of the top five U.S. hotspots for COVID-19 cases as numbers and hospitalizations rose exponentially in the area over the past week.

According to a tweet from CNBC reporter Meg Tirrell, the San Antonio metro area had some of the fastest COVID-19 case growth in the nation last week.

Austin, Texas, also made the list and was ranked as the fifth hotspot for COVID-19 cases.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/06/20/san-antonio-metro-area-named-covid-19-hotspot-cnbc-reports/?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar&fbclid=IwAR1AOUIIV0acLLtTWZjQmZ2G9R-XuR43zwn3YxUwf9OyHSs-JSxuwDkXAvs
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

HashTag said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yep...

More evasion from quash.

As per your routine.

You should think more.
Can you support with some personal information?
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

More evasion from quash.

As per your routine.

You should think more.
Can you support with some personal information?
I know evasion is your favorite dance, quash, but it's still not a real Texas 2-step.

But nice effort.
quash
Sam Lowry said:

SAN ANTONIO - A recent report from CNBC has named the San Antonio metropolitan area as one of the top five U.S. hotspots for COVID-19 cases as numbers and hospitalizations rose exponentially in the area over the past week.

According to a tweet from CNBC reporter Meg Tirrell, the San Antonio metro area had some of the fastest COVID-19 case growth in the nation last week.

Austin, Texas, also made the list and was ranked as the fifth hotspot for COVID-19 cases.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/06/20/san-antonio-metro-area-named-covid-19-hotspot-cnbc-reports/?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar&fbclid=IwAR1AOUIIV0acLLtTWZjQmZ2G9R-XuR43zwn3YxUwf9OyHSs-JSxuwDkXAvs

So summer heat is not going to save us?

Back to masks, social distancing and soap.
Bauctalk
Yet not one bit of increase in Seattle or Minneapolis. Don't you find that just the least bit off?
Jb
Jacques Strap

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/more-evidence-that-lack-of-vitamin-d-is-linked-to-covid-19-severity/ar-BB15IhK8

More evidence that lack of vitamin D is linked to COVID-19 severity

Carried out by researchers at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, and the University of Liverpool, UK, the new study looked at 117 countries which had 150 or more COVID-19 cases to see how the virus affects different populations in different ways.

The researchers gathered data on people aged 65 and over, each country's population density, the latitude of the capital city and air pollution levels.

Their findings, published in the British Medical Journal, showed that the proportion of older people in each country strongly affected COVID-19 mortality rates -- for every one percent increase in the proportion of people aged 65 and over, the researchers estimated that there was an increase of 13 percent in mortality rates.

After taking into account age, latitude also remained a significant factor in higher mortality rates, with the researchers estimating that there is a 5 percent increase in death rates for each degree further north the country is located, above 28 degrees north. Above this latitude, say the researchers, people are often not exposed to a sufficient amount of ultraviolet B exposure, found in sunlight, to maintain normal vitamin D blood levels through winter and spring.

Bexar Pitts
McLennan County reports as of Monday 22nd, there were 17 new Covid cases, down from the 51 new cases reported Sunday. Hospitalizations were up to 11, with KWTX reporting all 11 in critical condition.
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

Is there a correlation between number of positive tests and number of tests being given? Ie are positives going up because the number of tests is going up?
Yes. I stopped doing my regular updates because this thread continues to go crazy tangential.

You've also got the factor of follow up tests for positives, which compound the numbers because each person tested with a positive result counts as a new case, and people who test positive must continue to test until they are negative.

Just an anecdote, My Great Aunt (103) is languishing in a hospital after testing positive nearly a month ago. She just had test number 6 during that period that has come back positive. She has been asymptomatic the entire time, but you can't play around with someone her age. All 6 of her tests were reported to the state.

I keep seeing freak outs so I wondered if this is merely an issue of quantity of tests. If the % has stayed the same then really nothing has changed we just "scaled up". It also possible that the % has gone down but case numbers have gone up.

I don't know why people think this is going away. That's clearly not happening any time soon.
We have 25% of the worlds cases, but are a leader in the world among worst out come and rate of increase.

We also lead the world in Never Trumpers like you

Timing of this and shutdowns and riots are very convenient wouldn't you say?

Can you climb out of your TDS long enough to admit it?
I would say ignorance is your excuse.

Thanks

Your reply means I won
No, just that ignorance is your excuse for incoherent questions. You have to have a valid point or argument before you can win an argument.
TexasScientist
Sam Lowry said:

We're definitely on a bad trend. Too many have been worrying about a second wave. I'm afraid we haven't finished the first wave yet.
Canada2017
Jacques Strap said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/more-evidence-that-lack-of-vitamin-d-is-linked-to-covid-19-severity/ar-BB15IhK8

Carried out by researchers at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, and the University of Liverpool, UK, the new study looked at 117 countries which had 150 or more COVID-19 cases to see how the virus affects different populations in different ways.

The researchers gathered data on people aged 65 and over, each country's population density, the latitude of the capital city and air pollution levels.

Their findings, published in the British Medical Journal, showed that the proportion of older people in each country strongly affected COVID-19 mortality rates -- for every one percent increase in the proportion of people aged 65 and over, the researchers estimated that there was an increase of 13 percent in mortality rates.

After taking into account age, latitude also remained a significant factor in higher mortality rates, with the researchers estimating that there is a 5 percent increase in death rates for each degree further north the country is located, above 28 degrees north. Above this latitude, say the researchers, people are often not exposed to a sufficient amount of ultraviolet B exposure, found in sunlight, to maintain normal vitamin D blood levels through winter and spring.

Most informative post in a week...thank you .
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jacques Strap said:

Sounds to me like folks need to get outside, get some sun, and maybe go to the beach! Quit staying cooped up inside. The virus seems to like densely populated confined spaces.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
cinque
Dallas and Tarrant counties are spiking in the midst of a public refusal to follow mitigation guidelines. The people alone can't be blamed since because of the confusion surrounding what's permissible/required and what's not.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Flaming Moderate
Surely protesting - rioting - looting had nothing to do with it.
cinque
Flaming Moderate said:

Surely protesting - rioting - looting had nothing to do with it.

There's a reason they're closing bars in DFW. Super spreaders won't abide by the guidelines.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

Is there a correlation between number of positive tests and number of tests being given? Ie are positives going up because the number of tests is going up?
Yes. I stopped doing my regular updates because this thread continues to go crazy tangential.

You've also got the factor of follow up tests for positives, which compound the numbers because each person tested with a positive result counts as a new case, and people who test positive must continue to test until they are negative.

Just an anecdote, My Great Aunt (103) is languishing in a hospital after testing positive nearly a month ago. She just had test number 6 during that period that has come back positive. She has been asymptomatic the entire time, but you can't play around with someone her age. All 6 of her tests were reported to the state.

I keep seeing freak outs so I wondered if this is merely an issue of quantity of tests. If the % has stayed the same then really nothing has changed we just "scaled up". It also possible that the % has gone down but case numbers have gone up.

I don't know why people think this is going away. That's clearly not happening any time soon.
We have 25% of the worlds cases, but are a leader in the world among worst out come and rate of increase.

We also lead the world in Never Trumpers like you

Timing of this and shutdowns and riots are very convenient wouldn't you say?

Can you climb out of your TDS long enough to admit it?
I would say ignorance is your excuse.

Thanks

Your reply means I won
No, just that ignorance is your excuse for incoherent questions. You have to have a valid point or argument before you can win an argument.

I'm taking Canada's suggestion and putting you on ignore

Nothing to you but hate

Typical lying democrat

Adios
Sam Lowry
I don't find TS to be hateful. There are certainly things we've disagreed about, but he's been right about the virus.
cinque
cinque said:

Dallas and Tarrant counties are spiking in the midst of a public refusal to follow mitigation guidelines. The people alone can't be blamed because of the confusion surrounding what's permissible/required and what's not.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

I don't find TS to be hateful. There are certainly things we've disagreed about, but he's been right about the virus.
Well ... I'd say you found things he said with which you agree, which is different but explains a lot.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

HashTag said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yep...

More evasion from quash.

As per your routine.

Hah
He would if he could but he can't so he won't
BaylorBJM
The President just doubled down on the purposeful slowing down of tests.

I mean, I don't even know what to say.
blackie
BaylorBJM said:

It simply further exposes his priority of his re-election over the safety of those around him, not to mention the nation. I guess he thinks that by not testing, it goes away or that with fewer people verified to have the virus it makes him look better. And we worry about Biden's SIC'EM-diagnosed dementia. What it actually does is exacerbate the potential that the re-opening collapses because too many people don't want to go out and then we all suffer again.

What leadership in a national time of distress....just ignore the problem. The sad part is that his minions follow his attitude on this. He has gone from claiming that everyone who wants a test can get a test to let's not test.
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Hah
He would if he could but he can't so he won't
You two should consider being less fascist
Flaming Moderate
#science #experts

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/health/health-care-open-letter-protests-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Riots start early June.
Wuhan Virus has two-week incubation period.
Cases begin to spike in late mid-June.

But it's the hair dresser's fault.
riflebear
BaylorBJM said:

People who actually believe that I just have nothing to say. How naive are you? Trump can't slow down the testing - the hospitals do the testing.

quash
riflebear said:

BaylorBJM said:

People who actually believe that I just have nothing to say. How naive are you? Trump can't slow down the testing - the hospitals do the testing.

Your problem is with those who believe the lie and not the liar.

TDS AF.
Jacques Strap
All the charts at https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/

The trend is not our friend

curtpenn
TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

We're definitely on a bad trend. Too many have been worrying about a second wave. I'm afraid we haven't finished the first wave yet.
Getting frustrated hearing most news outlets just reporting rises in cases with absolutely no context or data. One wonders how hard it would be to bring a little more analysis to bear. But, well... journalists (and maybe with an agenda)- so, there's that. Anyway, had a little time to kill so just did a little Excel work and entered the days and deaths for Dallas County (where I live) and easily plotted a simple linear regression and 7-day moving average for about 3 months of data I could find. Regardless of increase in "cases", fatalities are very nearly flat at just over 4 per day for the past couple of months. Will be curious to see how/if that changes going forward.
Flaming Moderate
I would like an honest perspective: how do you Democrat / progressive posters reconcile the "experts" telling people to protest despite the Wuhan virus?

Do you think it is slightly intellectually dishonest for criticizing people for wanting to earn a living but not to protest?
BaylorBJM
riflebear said:

BaylorBJM said:

You're right. We should know by now to not believe what the present says, and then doubles down, on two days later.

Silly us.
First Page Last Page
Page 86 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.