Coronavirus updates here

432,351 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
LTbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ValhallaBear said:

Booray said:

ValhallaBear said:

Booray said:

None of this should be hard to grasp unless one is so blinded by selfishness that one refuses to consider what is right in front of one's face.
My inability to grasp our inability to act with wisdom and not fear has nothing to do with selfishness unless you consider being selfish wanting our country to continue

What's right in front of my face is a continuing series of catastrophic decisions based on bad information and unprecedented scientific conclusions

Don't let the fact that our brains are wired differently (fight vs fear) lead you to conclude anything about my motives
Yeah, I can explain it for you. I can't understand it for you. But one last time:

Defeating the virus is what we have to to do to protect and restore the economy.
That horse is already out of the barn...at this point I'm hoping BU will accept food stamps for admission to a game.

What's the enemy we have to defeat again?

Fatalities

Overcrowded Hospitals

Positive Tests

People that won't wear masks

I see you're not one of those "can handle multiple closely related things in my brain at one time" types of people.
GrowlTowel
You have either had the Kung Fru.

Have the Kung Fru currently.

Or will get the Kung Fru in the future.

Mask, no mask, open, closed . . . there are only three possible outcomes. There will never be an effective vaccine.
riflebear
Booray
McLennan County reports 111 new cases today with an increase of hospitalizations from 30 to 38 (27% increase). If you maintain that rate of increase in hospitalizations for a week you would see a 500% increase in hospitalized patients in one week.
Bearitto
Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Denialism is the worst kind of fear. And it continues to run rampant.
Indeed

A niece of mine ( by marriage ) works in a hospital in Dallas.

Says she is seeing more and more younger people admitted with severe C-19 infections.

That they don't die as readily ( though some certainly do ) but its often 10 days to 3 weeks of hell.

Well, if you niece (by marriage) said it, it must be true.

You base a lot of your opinions on anecdotes from other people. You should try data.
Bearitto
Booray said:

McLennan County reports 111 new cases today with an increase of hospitalizations from 30 to 38 (27% increase). If you maintain that rate of increase in hospitalizations for a week you would see a 500% increase in hospitalized patients in one week.

Why stop at 500%? Go for broke.

Pro tip: when you are looking at single digit increases (8) in populations of 100k, absolute numbers provide more context and percentage increases like that tend to distort the real impact. You knew that, right?
Booray
Bearitto said:

Booray said:

Pro tip: when you are looking at single digit increases (8) in populations of 100k, absolute numbers provide more context and percentage increases like that tend to distort the real impact. You knew that, right?

Pretty ironic comment from a poster whose go to explanation is a tiny village.

Here's a tip for you: being salutatoria of your third-grade class doesn't Justify your estimation of your abilities.
Canada2017
Bearitto said:

Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Denialism is the worst kind of fear. And it continues to run rampant.
Indeed

A niece of mine ( by marriage ) works in a hospital in Dallas.

Says she is seeing more and more younger people admitted with severe C-19 infections.

That they don't die as readily ( though some certainly do ) but its often 10 days to 3 weeks of hell.

Well, if you niece (by marriage) said it, it must be true.

You base a lot of your opinions on anecdotes from other people. You should try data.

Yeah never believe what you see and experience.

Only believe someone else's data interpretation.

But in this case...the data backs up her observations.

Bearitto
Booray said:

Bearitto said:

Booray said:

Pretty ironic comment from a poster whose go to explanation is a tiny village.

Here's a tip for you: being salutatoria of your third-grade class doesn't Justify your estimation of your abilities.

Aww, you don't understand the difference between putting big numbers into context vs taking small numbers out of context. And you don't understand irony either. That's adorable.
Florda_mike
Bearitto said:

Booray said:

He's even talking about McLennan Co so closer to 200,000 population, right?

8:200,000 = .00004% of population I believe, right?

I'd bet going to work with those numbers

But we all know democrats want/need to shut it down over Trump Trump Trump don't we? Also gotta hide the lifelessness of Dementia Joe! Truly lifeless!
Dungeon Athletics
Booray said:

Booray
July 2, 2020

224 new reported cases in McLennan county, more than 1,000 active cases now.
LTbear
Data up through today 7/2

Similar data but only up through 6/21

Oldbear83
Now show us COVID deaths by state.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canada2017
LTbear said:

Got to put restrictions back in place in the hot spots .

There's no choice .

Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

LTbear said:

There's no choice .

Choose to be careful, not live in fear.

There is a difference.
LTbear
Oldbear83 said:

Go look it up and teach us. I'm sharing data I could find. If you can find deaths, death rate, death rate per capita broken down by state through time, go for it.
Canada2017
Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

LTbear said:

There's no choice .

There is a difference.

Fella.......I'm not exactly sure what your issue is.

But you are simply not worth another moment of my time.

Back to 'ignore'.

Canada2017
LTbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Go look it up and teach us. I'm sharing data I could find. If you can find deaths, death rate, death rate per capita broken down by state through time, go for it. You can probably find the data on the John Hopkins site and then break it apart individually and then do the compiling.

The data is conclusive.

Steps have to be taken.

Damn the Chinese. This thing was engineered.
LTbear
Canada2017 said:

LTbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Go look it up and teach us. I'm sharing data I could find. If you can find deaths, death rate, death rate per capita broken down by state through time, go for it. You can probably find the data on the John Hopkins site and then break it apart individually and then do the compiling.

The data is conclusive.

Steps have to be taken.

Agreed on this much, which is all that matters for now. Absolutely have to start protecting ourselves better or this is just going to keep getting even further out of control.
LTbear
This is pathetic. And completely unnecessary. 7-day rolling average of new cases.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

LTbear said:

There's no choice .

There is a difference.

Back to 'ignore'.

People often 'ignore' anything that gets in the way of their assumptions.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

LTbear said:

There's no choice .

There is a difference.

Back to 'ignore'.

Dang Canada! Such a reaction is not like you. You and OldBear just have different opinions on the severity of coronavirus. And that is okay. I did not see his comment as disrespectful or out of line.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

LTbear said:

There's no choice .

There is a difference.

Back to 'ignore'.

Dang Canada! Such a reaction is not like you. You and OldBear just have different opinions on the severity of coronavirus. And that is okay. I did not see his comment as disrespectful or out of line.

We have 50,000 new cases in the last 24 hours .

Summer heat is not having the impact hoped for .
Younger people ARE going into the hospitals...some are dying . This is not merely an old man disease .

Are over 120,000 dead in a handful of months .
And the fall isn't even here yet .

To hell with the Chinese ....this virus is NOT natural .

We might exceed the death count of the 1918 Spanish Influenza if we don't find some more effective treatments by November .

If anyone STILL can't comprehend what we are facing by now....they never will.

Oldbear83
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

LTbear said:

There's no choice .

There is a difference.

Back to 'ignore'.

Canada is mad at me because I focus on known costs, and refuse to play games based on best-case or worst-fear.

Not sure why, but that's how it is.
ValhallaBear
Hmmmm...

riflebear
Good job media - Your TDS killed who knows how many people.

Bearitto
riflebear said:

Surprising to whom? All the doctors who countinued to routinely prescribe it in spite of leftists tantrums seemed to understand it worked.
quash
riflebear said:

I would sk you to quantify how many died from lack of this drug but you'd ignore it.

This says the drug helps them survive, which is nice, but it's not a cure. Some medicines relieve symptoms, some cure the illness.

All along the actual medical debate was about how and when to use hydrochloroquine. It's most effective use was early on.

You can try and politicize this all you want but the story is far more nuanced than your post suggests.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
riflebear
quash said:

riflebear said:

I would sk you to quantify how many died from lack of this drug but you'd ignore it.

This says the drug helps them survive, which is nice, but it's not a cure. Some medicines relieve symptoms, some cure the illness.

All along the actual medical debate was about how and when to use hydrochloroquine. It's most effective use was early on.

You can try and politicize this all you want but the story is far more nuanced than your post suggests.
As you know none of us can 'quantify' it. Why would I ignore if it we could?

You've already admitted you never read or watch proof that is posted so I hope you'll change your mind and watch this. No one ever said it's a cure, but there were reports from Drs and hospitals all over the world that it was helping to slow down or help people leave the hospital if it was taken early enough but the media ignored all that. Then their go to study was retracted and now this.

Aliceinbubbleland
LTbear said:

This is pathetic. And completely unnecessary. 7-day rolling average of new cases.

Simple answer is our testing is much higher.
Aliceinbubbleland
LTbear said:

Red line = economy. Blue line = economy
Osodecentx
quash said:

riflebear said:

If it could have saved just one life ...
quash
riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

As you know none of us can 'quantify' it. Why would I ignore if it we could?

You've already admitted you never read or watch proof that is posted so I hope you'll change your mind and watch this. No one ever said it's a cure, but there were reports from Drs and hospitals all over the world that it was helping to slow down or help people leave the hospital if it was taken early enough but the media ignored all that. Then their go to study was retracted and now this.

Yes there were people that said it was a cure.

And you are making the same point I did about it being effective early, but not later. And this study, unlike the ones with poorer results, was not peer reviewed.

Maybe I read the link after all. Since I never said I don't read proof. I specifically said I won't watch your videos. You wasted too much of my time by overselling them or bring flat out wrong. Or have you forgotten that one with the British story you put up thinking it was about America....
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.