Coronavirus updates here

431,891 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

You should listen. I'll take expert advice over political consideration any day.
Great, so you have abandoned your policy for the last 11 years then ...
Pay attention, I'll continue to provide you with expert advice, and maybe it will begin to soak in eventually for you.
No thanks, I recognized the brand from your 'expert advice', and don't trust anything that made its way here through Bulgaria and Cuba.
Is that your best comeback? The evidence of reality and science is the same around the world, which includes Texas, like it or not.
Sorry TS, you have always shown a strong preference for opinion and bias over Science at every turn. Calling your opinion "Science" does not make it so.

Try some objectivity next time, it really helps make you look like the scientist more than the username ever will.
I've always qualified opinion from scientific fact. I can't help you understand the difference, that's on you.
No, you post things you believe are support, but only reflect your opinion. I can't help you learn real Science, I think it's too late for that.
Like I said above, I can't help you understand the difference - it requires the aptitude to comprehend.

^^^ Here we go with the "call em stupid" route

Same ole MO
I guess TS thinks 'ad hominem' arguments are 'Science'.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

You should listen. I'll take expert advice over political consideration any day.
Pay attention, I'll continue to provide you with expert advice, and maybe it will begin to soak in eventually for you.
No thanks, I recognized the brand from your 'expert advice', and don't trust anything that made its way here through Bulgaria and Cuba.
Is that your best comeback? The evidence of reality and science is the same around the world, which includes Texas, like it or not.
Sorry TS, you have always shown a strong preference for opinion and bias over Science at every turn. Calling your opinion "Science" does not make it so.

Try some objectivity next time, it really helps make you look like the scientist more than the username ever will.
I've always qualified opinion from scientific fact. I can't help you understand the difference, that's on you.
No, you post things you believe are support, but only reflect your opinion. I can't help you learn real Science, I think it's too late for that.
Like I said above, I can't help you understand the difference - it requires the aptitude to comprehend.

Same ole MO
You're the ad hominem king on here.
Florda_mike
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

But Global Warming insures government science grants!!!

There's gotta science justifying Global Warming?
Quote:

Are you mimicking Trump now?
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Same ole MO
You're the ad hominem king on here.
That also is an 'ad hominem' argument, TS.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Quote:

Mimicking YOU and all other "scientists" receiving government grants that keep em afloat

Trump cut your grant money hence your TDS
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Quote:

Mimicking YOU and all other "scientists" receiving government grants that keep em afloat

Wish I could get a government grant, but my business doesn't qualify. I have to live with market forces.
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Quote:

Wish I could get a government grant, but my business doesn't qualify. I have to live with market forces.

Keep pumping your Global Warming propaganda and also lie high on your number of employees

You'll push it through
Jacques Strap
Death rates from coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States as of July 24, 2020, by state (per 100,000 people)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

Worst
NJ 177

Top 5 Most Populous States
NY 168
IL 60
FL 26
CA 21
TX 16
Texas is doing 10x better than NY at this point and as of today is the best of the Top 5 Most Populous States

TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Quote:

Keep pumping your Global Warming propaganda and also lie high on your number of employees

You'll push it through
I don't push propaganda. But you can't deny climate change. It is a well documented fact throughout the history of this planet. It's a simple matter of physics. The question is how will we adapt.
Jacques Strap
July 4 Total 1,308 | COVID 568 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 4.3%
July 5 Total 1,307 | COVID 589 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 4.3%
July 6 Total 1,362 | COVID 600 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 4.0%
July 7 Total 1,364 | COVID 615 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.7%
July 8 Total 1,394 | COVID 626 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.3%
July 9 Total 1,394 | COVID 646 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.2%
July 10 Total 1,420 | COVID 651 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.0%
July 11 Total 1,368 | COVID 646 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 2.3%
July 12 Total 1,365 | COVID 682 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 2.0%
July 13 Total 1,352 | COVID 674 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.9%
July 14 Total 1.359 | COVID 676 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.5%
July 15 Total 1.400 | COVID 678 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.3%
July 16 Total 1.400 | COVID 689 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.0%
July 17 Total 1.381 | COVID 700 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.0%
July 18 Total 1.345 | COVID 667 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.8%
July 19 Total 1.361 | COVID 664 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.0%
July 20 Total 1.347 | COVID 686 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.0%
July 21 Total 1.386 | COVID 691 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.3%
July 22 Total 1.431 | COVID 716 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.6%
July 23 Total 1.456 | COVID 714 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.7% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -0.4%

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/

Houston Methodist "COVID-19 Cases by Day". Click scroll to 2nd chart.
https://www.houstonmethodist.org/-/media/pdf/for-patients/Coronavirus/covid-19-stats.ashx

Death rates from coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States as of July 24, 2020, by state (per 100,000 people)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

Booray
McLennan County reported three more Covid deaths today after four yesterday. It took the first four months (March 1-June 30) to reach 10 deaths. We had 10 this week. Total is at 35.
Doc Holliday
DistantBear
Doc Holliday said:

Uh. 2015-2019 = 4 years. 2020 = 1 year. So yes, I can see why it looks different. Nowhere does it say average.
PTGHUNTER
It does say 2015-2019 avg
Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer
So glad youth sports are cancelled. I guess this is a "loophole"...

Booray
Jack Bauer said:

So glad youth sports are cancelled. I guess this is a "loophole"...

Can't argue with that. Our leadership and our followership is beyond screwed up.

In my 59 years I have never been more disappointed in America.

nein51
I'm betting mask wearing is up to 85%+ and it appears not much has changed. Either they work and we don't need to shut stuff down or they don't work and we have some really hard decisions coming.
Florda_mike
nein51 said:

I'm betting mask wearing is up to 85%+ and it appears not much has changed. Either they work and we don't need to shut stuff down or they don't work and we have some really hard decisions coming.

Wife and I spent time with dinner last night with front line doctors and wives

They didn't wear masks and they was little talk of COVID if any

Just saying
Aliceinbubbleland
bear2be2 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Re read what Jacques Strap posted! The hysteria over the flu is like a soap opera.
This isn't the flu, and if you're still making this argument five months and almost 150,000 deaths into this outbreak, you're not worth conversing with further on the topic.
This current outbreak is NOT WUHAN. It is a strain that has not been nearly as deadly as the original outbreak in NYC. The following is an example of a company with the courage to tell people to get back to work. Enough damage has been done to the economy. The following is from today's Houston Chronicle.

Quote:

When coronavirus struck San Antonio in March, most of the city's major corporations sent their employees home to work remotely.

For much of the past two months, however, Valero Energy Corp. has had its entire headquarters staff back in the office, even as dozens of employees at the site have tested positive for COVID-19 in recent weeks.
Since June 1, about 1,800 employees have been working from Valero's Northwest Side campus, where 43 workers have tested positive for COVID-19 since March, company memos sent to employees state.

Thirty-two of those cases have cropped up in the past month, according to a document a running list of confirmed cases that Valero officials has shared with employees.

When they returned to Valero headquarters, workers said they received bags containing hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes and masks.
The company has hand-sanitizing stations throughout the campus, and signage is posted at entrances urging employees to socially distance.

Mask-wearing initially was optional, though the company on June 29 issued a directive requiring employees to wear face masks when unable to socially distance.

"They started asking people to wear masks if they couldn't socially distance, but I will say no one was wearing masks, absolutely no one," an employee said. " And forget about social distancing. You're walking through the halls where you're a foot away from someone, walking down stairs, going to the bathroom, break rooms you're constantly being exposed."

Employees at Valero expressed concern that they would be the next to contract the coronavirus, potentially putting their household family members at risk.

"The big issue for me is concern for my family, and it's affecting my personal family life. All of my family, everyone's trying to do the right thing stay in quarantine as much as possible and I'm the exception to that," an employee said.

"We're around (1,800 employees) that are then going back out through the community, going to grocery stores, whatever they're doing, exposing not just the employees but the whole community to this," the employee said.
Jacques Strap
July 23 Total 1.456 | COVID 714 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.7% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -0.4%
July 24 Total 1.422 | COVID 681 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.1% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -1.5%
July 25 Total 1.416 | COVID 691 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.1% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -1.5%

https://www.houstonmethodist.org/-/media/pdf/for-patients/Coronavirus/covid-19-stats.ashx

Jacques Strap

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2020/07/25/france-spain-germany-suddenly-facing-new-coronavirus-surge/#79699b9a5bad

France, Spain, Germany Suddenly Facing New Coronavirus Surge

Quote:

Countries across the world are mulling second lockdowns as they see local resurgences of the coronavirus after easing out from social distancing restrictions, disappointing news for the residents of those countries and for the national economies.
Canada2017
Jacques Strap said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2020/07/25/france-spain-germany-suddenly-facing-new-coronavirus-surge/#79699b9a5bad

Quote:

Countries across the world are mulling second lockdowns as they see local resurgences of the coronavirus after easing out from social distancing restrictions, disappointing news for the residents of those countries and for the national economies.

More evidence this is an engineered virus. Too perfect as a bio weapon .

Not saying it was released intentionally .....but this didn't originate naturally .

Jacques Strap
I wear a mask but I'm looking forward to the results of this study

quash
Canada2017 said:

Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

More evidence this is an engineered virus. Too perfect as a bio weapon .

Not saying it was released intentionally .....but this didn't originate naturally .

Yes, it did.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7086482/ "SARS-CoV-2 is the seventh coronavirus known to infect humans, and the third zoonotic virus after SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV. "

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200423-sitrep-94-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=b8304bf0_4 "All available evidence for COVID-19 suggests that SARS-CoV-2 has a zoonotic source. Many researchers have been able to look at the genomic features of SARS-CoV-2 and have found that evidence does not support that SARS-CoV-2 is a laboratory construct. A constructed virus would show a mix of known elements within genomic sequences this is not the case. For more details, please see 'subject in focus'."
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Jacques Strap
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/marlins-orioles-game-canceled-due-to-covid-19-outbreak-resulting-in-at-least-14-cases-per-reports/

Marlins-Orioles game canceled due to COVID-19 outbreak resulting in at least 14 cases, per reports

Quote:

Major League Baseball's season is less than a week old, but one team has already experienced a coronavirus outbreak that will sideline a chunk of its roster and has caused a game to be canceled. The Miami Marlins, who had four players test positive during their opening series against the Philadelphia Phillies, had an additional eight players and two coaches test positive on Monday, less than 12 hours before they were supposed to play their home opener against the Baltimore Orioles, according to ESPN's Jeff Passan.

That means the Marlins have had at least 14 individuals become infected over the last several days. In response to the outbreak, the Marlins game against the Orioles on Monday night will not be played, Baltimore GM Mike Elias confirmed.
Jack Bauer
Jacques Strap said:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/marlins-orioles-game-canceled-due-to-covid-19-outbreak-resulting-in-at-least-14-cases-per-reports/

Marlins-Orioles game canceled due to COVID-19 outbreak resulting in at least 14 cases, per reports

Quote:

Major League Baseball's season is less than a week old, but one team has already experienced a coronavirus outbreak that will sideline a chunk of its roster and has caused a game to be canceled. The Miami Marlins, who had four players test positive during their opening series against the Philadelphia Phillies, had an additional eight players and two coaches test positive on Monday, less than 12 hours before they were supposed to play their home opener against the Baltimore Orioles, according to ESPN's Jeff Passan.

That means the Marlins have had at least 14 individuals become infected over the last several days. In response to the outbreak, the Marlins game against the Orioles on Monday night will not be played, Baltimore GM Mike Elias confirmed.

holy ****, Max Kellerman and Paul Finebaum are practically doing cartwheels at the news that sports will be cancelled!
quash
Jacques Strap said:

Quote:

Dutch Holland got tossed from a game he wasn't even in. From the left field bleachers. Not enough crowd noise to cover his hilarity I guess.

Watching the manager and the ump go at it while social distancing was ... weird. Ump wore a mask.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Jacques Strap
July 24 Total 1.422 | COVID 681 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.1% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -1.5%
July 25 Total 1.416 | COVID 691 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.1% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -1.5%
July 26 Total 1.408 | COVID 682 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.5% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -2.5%

Doc Holliday
Everyone should watch this Dr:

Jack Bauer
I feel like I'm in the Matrix...is this real?

Jacques Strap
Jack Bauer said:

I feel like I'm in the Matrix...is this real?

Is this guy Cuomo claiming Florida cases are under-counted? This is the same state where Orlando TV news broke the story that testing sites with 9% positive were reporting 100% of the test they ran as positives.
Booray
Governor Abbott extends early voting and period for obtaining absentee voting by a week due to Corona. There is a decent leader in Abbott trying hard to get out. Probably will cost him re-election at the hands of the Dan Patricks, but still, good for him.
Jack Bauer
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.