Coronavirus updates here

431,819 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday said:

Link to the media saying voting will kill you?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Isn't that the premise of why you'd want mail in ballots?
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

Personally I don't want to be around a bunch of people who don't wear masks in a closed space during a pandemic. That is why I still work from home. My mask doesn't protect me from covidiots.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

Personally I don't want to be around a bunch of people who don't wear masks in a closed space during a pandemic. That is why I still work from home. My mask doesn't protect me from covidiots.
You're required by law to wear one. No entry without it.
cinque
Texas surpassed NY in the total number of COVID cases today. Of the 435 total deaths in Houston, 200 have occurred in July. 1300:cases reported there today.

What are we doing wrong?
Make Racism Wrong Again
blackie
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

Hasn't Abbott already said you do not have to wear a mask to vote? That is what worries the poll workers. What if there are not enough poll workers because of it?
Doc Holliday
blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

Hasn't Abbott already said you do not have to wear a mask to vote? That is what worries the poll workers. What if there are not enough poll workers because of it?
Well it's so far out we don't really know what the COVID situation will look like.

Right now deaths aren't increasing. Potential vaccines before then?

I would hope we don't have to wear masks.
Booray
Doc Holliday said:

blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

Well it's so far out we don't really know what the COVID situation will look like.

What do you men deaths aren't increasing?

In Mclennan County we had 11 deaths in 4 months and 33 in less than the next 30 days.

Yesterday's daily death toll for the state was over 33% more than the previous daily high, which was also recently.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

In Mclennan County we had 11 deaths in 4 months and 33 in less than the next 30 days.

Yesterday's daily death toll for the state was over 33% more than the previous daily high, which was also recently.
The death rate used to be closer to the case rate. It's growing apart.

You can't just look at numbers my guy. I mentioned Simpson's paradox yesterday. Data doesn't necessarily mean what we think it does.

Look at the 100k chart on this site: https://www.statnews.com/feature/coronavirus/covid-19-tracker/
Booray
Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

You can't just look at numbers my guy. I mentioned Simpson's paradox yesterday. Data doesn't necessarily mean what we think it does.

Look at the 100k chart on this site: https://www.statnews.com/feature/coronavirus/covid-19-tracker/

Use words correctly. If you want to say that the death rate is not increasing say that.

You said "deaths are not increasing." That is not true-every day we have a death, deaths have increased. But it really not true when deaths increase by larger increments than they have before. which is happening.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

Use words correctly. If you want to say that the death rate is not increasing say that.

You said "deaths are not increasing." That is not true-every day we have a death, deaths have increased. But it really not true when deaths increase by larger increments than they have before. which is happening.
Well it's just as I predicted: case rate would rise massively and the death rate wouldn't match.

This is a good thing. Once vaccines and drugs roll out we can treat it like we treat the flu.
Booray
Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

Well it's just as I predicted: case rate would rise massively and the death rate wouldn't match.

This is a good thing. Once vaccines and drugs roll out we can treat it like we treat the flu.
As it impacts in-person voting, if we have a large number of cases and a lower death rate we could still cause more deaths by having people congregate indoors, use booths, etc. It is great to lower the death rate; we need to lower the number of cases also.
4th and Inches
cinque said:

Texas surpassed NY in the total number of COVID cases today. Of the 435 total deaths in Houston, 200 have occurred in July. 1300:cases reported there today.

What are we doing wrong?
we arent doing anything wrong(unless you live in Harris county) but the people of Harris cointy or visitors to Harris county are not following the state and CDC guidelines...

i would also comment that we arent using a certain drug enough but it has been mentioned by many on here that it does not work on americans.

cinque
Why won't people follow mitigation protocols? I just don't understand it.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Jacques Strap
Why is Texas is doing so well?

Death rates from coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States (per 100,000 people)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/
07 27 2020 ----
NJ 178
NY 168
FL 31
CA 23
TX 22

Total number of cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1102807/coronavirus-covid19-cases-number-us-americans-by-state/

CA 492,934
FL 461,379
TX 428,229
NY 414,370
NJ 180,970

Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

As it impacts in-person voting, if we have a large number of cases and a lower death rate we could still cause more deaths by having people congregate indoors, use booths, etc. It is great to lower the death rate; we need to lower the number of cases also.
Maybe it's time for mail-in rioting and looting
Booray
HashTag said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

LOL. Yes, it is-long past it.
quash
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

Unabomber style?
Booray
quash said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

Unabomber style?
Well not that.

I actually deposed a Yale prof who was a Unabomber victim. We talked about it on breaks. Freaky stuff.
nein51
Booray said:

quash said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

Unabomber style?
Well not that.

I actually deposed a Yale prof who was a Unabomber victim. We talked about it on breaks. Freaky stuff.
Interesting, I assume Dale Gelernter. I admit to being somewhat in awe of Ted Kaczynski. Clearly something wrong with him but he was, by all account, incredibly bright. Im always intrigued by very intelligent people who turn to crime or acts of violence. If one removes the moral barrier all that is left is an intellectual one (does crime A make sense in the scheme of goal A) and I cant get over wondering if their decisions are then strictly academic or emotional. Just so Im perfectly clear; what he did was abhorrent and his reasoning was ridiculous, he got better than he deserved by only getting a prison sentence.
Booray
nein51 said:

Booray said:

quash said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

Unabomber style?
Well not that.

Interesting, I assume Dale Gelernter. I admit to being somewhat in awe of Ted Kaczynski. Clearly something wrong with him but he was, by all account, incredibly bright. Im always intrigued by very intelligent people who turn to crime or acts of violence. If one removes the moral barrier all that is left is an intellectual one (does crime A make sense in the scheme of goal A) and I cant get over wondering if their decisions are then strictly academic or emotional. Just so Im perfectly clear; what he did was abhorrent and his reasoning was ridiculous, he got better than he deserved by only getting a prison sentence.
Correct.
Jacques Strap
July 4 Total 1,308 | COVID 568 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 4.3%
July 5 Total 1,307 | COVID 589 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 4.3%
July 6 Total 1,362 | COVID 600 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 4.0%
July 7 Total 1,364 | COVID 615 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.7%
July 8 Total 1,394 | COVID 626 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.3%
July 9 Total 1,394 | COVID 646 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.2%
July 10 Total 1,420 | COVID 651 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 3.0%
July 11 Total 1,368 | COVID 646 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 2.3%
July 12 Total 1,365 | COVID 682 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 2.0%
July 13 Total 1,352 | COVID 674 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.9%
July 14 Total 1.359 | COVID 676 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.5%
July 15 Total 1.400 | COVID 678 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.3%
July 16 Total 1.400 | COVID 689 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.0%
July 17 Total 1.381 | COVID 700 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.0%
July 17 Total 1.381 | COVID 700 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 1.0%
July 18 Total 1.345 | COVID 667 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.8%
July 19 Total 1.361 | COVID 664 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.0%
July 20 Total 1.347 | COVID 686 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.0%
July 21 Total 1.386 | COVID 691 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.3%
July 22 Total 1.431 | COVID 716 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.6%
July 23 Total 1.456 | COVID 714 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.7% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -0.4%
July 24 Total 1.422 | COVID 681 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.1% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -1.5%
July 25 Total 1.416 | COVID 691 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.1% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -1.5%
July 26 Total 1.408 | COVID 682 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.5% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -2.5%
July 27 Total 1,373 | COVID 677 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU 0.1% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -2.8%
July 28 Total 1,387 | COVID 650 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU -0.5% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -3.0%
July 29 Total 1,426 | COVID 625 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU -1.4% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -3.0%
July 30 Total 1,435 | COVID 639 | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate for ICU -1.7% | 7 Day Avg. Growth Rate COVID hosp admits -3.5%

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/

Houston Methodist "COVID-19 Cases by Day". Click scroll to 2nd chart.
https://www.houstonmethodist.org/-/media/pdf/for-patients/Coronavirus/covid-19-stats.ashx

Death rates from coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States (per 100,000 people)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/
-- 07 30 2020 --
NJ 178
NY 168
FL 31
CA 23
TX 22

Daily confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths, United States
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-cases-deaths?time=2020-01-25..&country=~USA

BaylorTaxman
Being 100 percent serious....Jacques you are really talented at posting data. Thank you.
Jacques Strap
Any word on when the ban on elective surgeries will be lifted?

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/09/texas-coronavirus-hospitalizations-elective-surgeries/

JULY 9, 2020 Texas bans elective surgeries
Jacques Strap
BaylorTaxman said:

Being 100 percent serious....Jacques you are really talented at posting data. Thank you.
I wonder sometimes if anyone cares about this except me... LOL So thanks!

I follow hospitalization because not overwhelming the hospitals was the reason given for lockdowns. So it is good to see Texas now has the capacity to open a little more when they are ready.

riflebear
Liberals will not like this video

cinque
riflebear said:

Liberals will not like this video

What else did he say?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Jack Bauer
Churches be closed....oh wait, government always gets an exemption to the rule.
Funeral #3 while some people could only invite 8 people to their loved one's funeral.

riflebear
What have Dems done since taking over in 2018 besides encouraging Americans to destroy their inner cities & wasting taxpayer money on Orange Man bad?

quash
nein51 said:

Booray said:

quash said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Ad absurdum maybe.

Unabomber style?
Well not that.

Once you decide the ends justify the means the moral barrier is gone.
Oldbear83
quash said:

That, in a nutshell, explains the Obama Administration.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Unlike in the current administration, many policies were explained on moral grounds. The biggest failures were on follow through meaning even the few times the ends were justified the means were insufficient. Thinking mainly of a foreign policy based on American values, as promised in his First Inaugural.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Unlike in the current administration, many policies were explained on moral grounds. The biggest failures were on follow through meaning even the few times the ends were justified the means were insufficient. Thinking mainly of a foreign policy based on American values, as promised in his First Inaugural.
Yet again, quash proves he is a Progressive, despite his many protests.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
BaylorTaxman
Jacques Strap said:

BaylorTaxman said:

I wonder sometimes if anyone cares about this except me... LOL So thanks!

I follow hospitalization because not overwhelming the hospitals was the reason given for lockdowns. So it is good to see Texas now has the capacity to open a little more when they are ready.

I am not smart enough to understand all of it, but it is damn impressive!

And I agree about the positive news for Texas.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Yet again, quash proves he is a Progressive, despite his many protests.
My bad, I thought you were looking for a substantive discussion. Shoulda known better.
First Page Last Page
Page 107 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.