Coronavirus updates here

431,012 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

Quote:

Projected 400,000 by year end. It took four years to reach that total in WWII. 200,000 is 200,000. It is an enormous death toll.
Over 600,000 people die per year from heart disease. It's time we ban fast food restaurants and fine people who help keep those establishments in business by purchasing their product.

We should also make it a law that everyone must join a gym and exercise a minimum of 150 minutes per week.
You're right, heart disease is tragic and largely preventable. However it is not a communicable disease that can be influenced by social interaction. Heart disease is largely due to poor dietary choices. But if we choose to eat a bad diet, it doesn't affect anyone else but ourselves. If we choose to be negligent with our behavior toward Covid, it can actually cause someone's death or damage to their overall health.

You're right about fast food, and its a good idea not to patronize those businesses. We'd go along way toward reducing health care costs in this country if we ate healthy foods. Exercise it good for many reasons, but you cannot out exercise a bad diet.
How about you don't tell me what I can eat?

How about you mind your own business and stop trying to control someone else?
Control? I've never told you what you can or cannot eat. I've told you what is in your best interest in terms of overall health, and ability to avoid heart disease, diabetes (type 2), and other chronic disease, including some cancers. I'm just trying to help you out. What you do with that is your business.
Yeah, sure, 'just trying to help out' like suggesting that guy with the kosher deli needs to wear a yellow star ... for his protection, don't you know.
There's a difference between an anonymous poster and the state. The yellow stars were not a suggestion. Your comparison to Nazis is so far off I wonder why you did it.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

Quote:

Projected 400,000 by year end. It took four years to reach that total in WWII. 200,000 is 200,000. It is an enormous death toll.
Over 600,000 people die per year from heart disease. It's time we ban fast food restaurants and fine people who help keep those establishments in business by purchasing their product.

We should also make it a law that everyone must join a gym and exercise a minimum of 150 minutes per week.
You're right, heart disease is tragic and largely preventable. However it is not a communicable disease that can be influenced by social interaction. Heart disease is largely due to poor dietary choices. But if we choose to eat a bad diet, it doesn't affect anyone else but ourselves. If we choose to be negligent with our behavior toward Covid, it can actually cause someone's death or damage to their overall health.

You're right about fast food, and its a good idea not to patronize those businesses. We'd go along way toward reducing health care costs in this country if we ate healthy foods. Exercise it good for many reasons, but you cannot out exercise a bad diet.

Control? I've never told you what you can or cannot eat. I've told you what is in your best interest in terms of overall health, and ability to avoid heart disease, diabetes (type 2), and other chronic disease, including some cancers. I'm just trying to help you out. What you do with that is your business.
Yeah, sure, 'just trying to help out' like suggesting that guy with the kosher deli needs to wear a yellow star ... for his protection, don't you know.
There's a difference between an anonymous poster and the state. The yellow stars were not a suggestion. Your comparison to Nazis is so far off I wonder why you did it.
This is how it starts. A helpful 'suggestion' from the State,
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

Quote:

You're barking up the wrong tree. Trump exhibits the same personality disorders and traits that helped propel Hitler and even Mussolini into dictatorships, once they gained a foothold on power. If you're worried about yellow stars, you should be wary of someone like Trump. "That is how it starts."
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
D. C. Bear
Another moronic "Trump is Hitler!" take.
Must be Tuesday.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

Quote:

You're barking up the wrong tree. Trump exhibits the same personality disorders and traits that helped propel Hitler and even Mussolini into dictatorships, once they gained a foothold on power. If you're worried about yellow stars, you should wary of someone like Trump. "That is how it starts."
News flash, boyo: If Trump had wanted to act like a dictator, he's had plenty of chances and has done it not. one. time.

It's the Democrats who shut down the economy and denied people their rights in states like New York or Michigan.

It's the Democrats who are linked to rioting thugs in Antifa and BLM.

It's the Democrats who posted hopes cops would die.

It's the Democrats who are doing evil.

You just can't see past your hatred.
TexasScientist
D. C. Bear said:

Must be Tuesday.
He raised the yellow star issue, I just enlightened him.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

Quote:

You're barking up the wrong tree. Trump exhibits the same personality disorders and traits that helped propel Hitler and even Mussolini into dictatorships, once they gained a foothold on power. If you're worried about yellow stars, you should wary of someone like Trump. "That is how it starts."
News flash, boyo: If Trump had wanted to act like a dictator, he's had plenty of chances and has done it not. one. time.

It's the Democrats who shut down the economy and denied people their rights in states like New York or Michigan.

It's the Democrats who are linked to rioting thugs in Antifa and BLM.

It's the Democrats who posted hopes cops would die.

It's the Democrats who are doing evil.

You just can't see past your hatred.
It's not hatred, its observation. Trump exhibits all of the qualities of an autocrat, who if allowed to run their course unrestrained, would aspire to be a dictator. He's already alluded that he should have a longer term, not unlike Putin or Xi.

I don't particularly like Democrat policies, That's why I've been a Republican all my life. However, you have a pretty strong hatred of Democrats. The facts are Antifa is not organized, BLM is has become a slogan apart from the BLM organization, and the rest of what you complain of is due to individuals on the fringes of the left that operate apart from, and are not part of the Democratic Party, - the same way that the fringe right militias and white supremacists are not part of or coordinated with the Republican Party.
Oldbear83
1. Antifa is organized enough to hand out riot kits and maps, plus arrange for immediate legal help when they get arrested

2. BLM got cops killed starting in 2016. They were and are murdering anarchists who have no interest in helping anyone

3. I have never seen you - even once - go after Biden with half the venom and spite you launch daily at the duly elected President. Far as I can see, you are a hypocritical hater who makes excuses to deny your own lies and malice.

4. The riots - ALL OF THEM - are by leftist groups. Why that escapes your comprehension speaks to your character, or rather its lack.

A real scientist would know those facts.
D. C. Bear
TexasScientist said:

D. C. Bear said:

Must be Tuesday.
He raised the yellow star issue, I just enlightened him.

You've been pushing that ignorant take for ages, don't make excuses now.
Whiskey Pete
D. C. Bear said:

Must be Tuesday.
Yep...

Frankly the hitler accusation and the fake outrage over how much a president plays golf has really gotten old. It' every damn president with that BS flying from each side.

Time for them to find new material
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

1. Antifa is organized enough to hand out riot kits and maps, plus arrange for immediate legal help when they get arrested

2. BLM got cops killed starting in 2016. They were and are murdering anarchists who have no interest in helping anyone

3. I have never seen you - even once - go after Biden with half the venom and spite you launch daily at the duly elected President. Far as I can see, you are a hypocritical hater who makes excuses to deny your own lies and malice.

4. The riots - ALL OF THEM - are by leftist groups. Why that escapes your comprehension speaks to your character, or rather its lack.

You need to fact check, a lot of what you claim won't hold up. Exaggerating the problems, or circulating false information doesn't help. Most of the rioters are opportunistic. Equating activists and protesters with rioters is not completely accurate. (FYI - I don't believe in or support the BLM organization).

How Black Lives Matter was blamed for killing of US police officers
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34135267
They are underlining an indisputable fact - that the lives of black citizens in this country historically have not mattered, and have been discounted and devalued."
Deana Rohlinger, a professor of sociology at Florida State University, says some of the tactics that BLM has used - interrupting campaign speeches, shutting down major traffic thoroughfares, using controversial chants - have been used by countless other protest movements dating back to the 1960s, and don't inherently correlate with a desire for lawlessness.
For examples, as a recent article in Vox pointed out, the Kennedy administration once worried that Martin Luther King Jr's famous March on Washington in 1963 would devolve into a "race riot".
This is a stereotype, that activists are engaged in violence, activists being people who don't want to work...It becomes shorthand way of stereotyping a cause and those who are trying to push it forward," she says. "Historically people without power use disruption. Black Lives Matter is not doing anything differently than other movements have."
Creating what she calls a "false dichotomy" between supporting BLM and supporting police also makes perfect fodder for TV.
"It makes good press. Pundits are having fun, so are some of the politicians," she says. "It really creates this false dichotomy for them. 'Republicans care about the police. We're the ones who care and Black Lives Matter does not,' which is not true but it gets listeners. It rallies troops."
Still, violence and lawlessness has occurred at protests in Ferguson and Baltimore. ("Protests are messy," writes Vox.)
And while the movement has founders - Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors and Opal Tometi - and figures of prominence, Black Lives Matter does not have a traditional top-down leadership structure.
David Klinger, a former police officer and professor of criminology at University of Missouri-St. Louis, says that should not absolve Black Lives Matter of culpability when violence does occur at the fringes of the group. He says it is impossible to say with total certainty that those who act violently are not influenced by things they pick up from Black Lives Matter rhetoric, and that those who chanted "pigs in a blanket" could cause real harm.

I try to be objective in my views and opinions, something everyone should strive for. Personal ad hominem attacks don't help your argument.
TexasScientist
HashTag said:

D. C. Bear said:

Must be Tuesday.
Yep...

Frankly the hitler accusation and the fake outrage over how much a president plays golf has really gotten old. It' every damn president with that BS flying from each side.

Again, I didn't raise the yellow star. Take it up with the other poster. The only reason anyone comments on his golfing, is because Trump is the one who railed against Obama playing golf when he should have been working.

Can you believe that,with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.Worse than Carter
Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 14, 2014.

The 27 times Donald Trump tweeted about Barack Obama playing golf too much
Trump adores golf, but used to argue presidents shouldn't spend much time playing
https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/3/27/15073086/donald-trump-tweets-barack-obama-golf

Who plays more golf: Donald Trump or Barack Obama?
https://www.politifact.com/article/2017/oct/10/who-plays-more-golf-donald-trump-or-barack-obama/

TRUMP GOLF COUNT: 280
Cost to Taxpayer: About $141,000,000**
https://trumpgolfcount.com/

Trump defended his golfing trips as needed 'exercise' before claiming he spends less time on the course than Obama, despite counts that say otherwise
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-defends-golf-trips-falsely-claims-less-than-obama-2020-7

Trump golfs during pandemic despite many attacks on Obama for golfing during tragedies and disasters
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/politics/trump-attacks-obama-golf-disasters-kfile/index.html
Whiskey Pete
TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

D. C. Bear said:

Must be Tuesday.
Yep...

Again, I didn't raise the yellow star. Take it up with the other poster. The only reason anyone comments on his golfing, is because Trump is the one who railed against Obama playing golf when he should have been working.

Can you believe that,with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.Worse than Carter

Trump adores golf, but used to argue presidents shouldn't spend much time playing
https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/3/27/15073086/donald-trump-tweets-barack-obama-golf

https://www.politifact.com/article/2017/oct/10/who-plays-more-golf-donald-trump-or-barack-obama/

Trump defended his golfing trips as needed 'exercise' before claiming he spends less time on the course than Obama, despite counts that say otherwise
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-defends-golf-trips-falsely-claims-less-than-obama-2020-7

Trump golfs during pandemic despite many attacks on Obama for golfing during tragedies and disasters
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/politics/trump-attacks-obama-golf-disasters-kfile/index.html
Cool story, but everyone on each side of the political spectrum *****es and cries about the other guy playing golf too much and/or taking vacations too much. It happened with Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump....

But I suppose it must actually hold any weight because Trump said something about it too? Please, get over yourself. I know you think you're smarter than that.

Now, can we get back to when Trump is supposed to start WWIII?
TexasScientist
HashTag said:

TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

D. C. Bear said:

Must be Tuesday.
Yep...

Cool story, but everyone on each side of the political spectrum *****es and cries about the other guy playing golf too much and/or taking vacations too much. It happened with Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump....

But I suppose it must actually hold any weight because Trump said something about it too? Please, get over yourself. I know you think you're smarter than that.

Let's see, I don't believe I ever said that. But I'm willing to discuss it. Do you now believe he'll start WWIII?
Florda_mike
Gotta congratulation TS for not mentioning Trump in a post

Just said "he'll" instead of Trump!
Whiskey Pete
TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

D. C. Bear said:

Must be Tuesday.
Yep...

Let's see, I don't believe I ever said that. But I'm willing to discuss it. Do you now believe he'll start WWIII?
Not sure if you said it, but that media that you so closely follow sure did. So you don't think he's dangerous enough to cause WWIII?
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

You need to fact check, a lot of what you claim won't hold up. Exaggerating the problems, or circulating false information doesn't help. Most of the rioters are opportunistic. Equating activists and protesters with rioters is not completely accurate. (FYI - I don't believe in or support the BLM organization).

They are underlining an indisputable fact - that the lives of black citizens in this country historically have not mattered, and have been discounted and devalued."
Deana Rohlinger, a professor of sociology at Florida State University, says some of the tactics that BLM has used - interrupting campaign speeches, shutting down major traffic thoroughfares, using controversial chants - have been used by countless other protest movements dating back to the 1960s, and don't inherently correlate with a desire for lawlessness.
For examples, as a recent article in Vox pointed out, the Kennedy administration once worried that Martin Luther King Jr's famous March on Washington in 1963 would devolve into a "race riot".
This is a stereotype, that activists are engaged in violence, activists being people who don't want to work...It becomes shorthand way of stereotyping a cause and those who are trying to push it forward," she says. "Historically people without power use disruption. Black Lives Matter is not doing anything differently than other movements have."
Creating what she calls a "false dichotomy" between supporting BLM and supporting police also makes perfect fodder for TV.
"It makes good press. Pundits are having fun, so are some of the politicians," she says. "It really creates this false dichotomy for them. 'Republicans care about the police. We're the ones who care and Black Lives Matter does not,' which is not true but it gets listeners. It rallies troops."
Still, violence and lawlessness has occurred at protests in Ferguson and Baltimore. ("Protests are messy," writes Vox.)
And while the movement has founders - Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors and Opal Tometi - and figures of prominence, Black Lives Matter does not have a traditional top-down leadership structure.
David Klinger, a former police officer and professor of criminology at University of Missouri-St. Louis, says that should not absolve Black Lives Matter of culpability when violence does occur at the fringes of the group. He says it is impossible to say with total certainty that those who act violently are not influenced by things they pick up from Black Lives Matter rhetoric, and that those who chanted "pigs in a blanket" could cause real harm.

I try to be objective in my views and opinions, something everyone should strive for. Personal ad hominem attacks don't help your argument.
You need to do more research

https://www.wsj.com/articles/we-hope-they-die-11600031160

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/07/black-lives-matter-hypocrisy-cheering-violence/

https://nypost.com/2020/08/19/blm-speaker-declares-war-on-filthy-disgusting-animal-cops/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/us/dallas-police-shooting.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2016/11/dallas-officer-lawsuit-blm/506939/

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2016/11/dallas-officer-lawsuit-blm/506939/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-louisiana-police-lawsuit/black-lives-matter-leaders-sued-over-baton-rouge-police-shooting-idUSKBN19S2TA

Doc Holliday
"this edible ain't ****"

30 minutes later:

Jacques Strap
(Bloomberg) --

Regeneron and Eli Lily shares advanced in premarket trading after Regeneron asked federal regulators to authorize its antibody cocktail for Covid-19 for emergency use and Donald Trump hailed the treatment in a videoposted on Twitter. The U.S. president also mentioned Eli Lilly, which said Wednesday it is seeking emergency authorization for a single antibody treatment.

Trump last night declared that he wants everyone who needs the treatment to get it, and added that the White House wants to "make it free for everyone."

Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
Texas Medical Center revisited

EatMoreSalmon
Reopening of bars in rural and suburban counties will be a strong test the next couple of weeks. Local bars got packed where I live last night. Not sure the 50% was really enforced by the establishments, judging by cars in the parking lots.
cinque
If we've turned the corner on COVID, why is the state of Wisconsin opening up a field hospital to handle COVID cases?
Make Racism Wrong Again
4th and Inches
cinque said:

If we've turned the corner on COVID, why is the state of Wisconsin opening up a field hospital to handle COVID cases?
you wouldnt believe it if I told you because you are worse than TX scientist at science...
Jacques Strap
Montana

On the one hand It says 1/2 of beds are full (so 1/2 are empty) but the article also quotes a Dr. who fears a rise in patients will exceed capacity. So, if the Governor fears for hospital capacity he is hopefully in contact with the Army Corps of engineers who can erect a field hospital in a matter of days.

Montana Releases Data On Hospital Occupancy, Capacity

At least half of all hospital beds in 27 Montana counties are full, according to new state data released Thursday.
Quote:

The state is reporting inpatient hospital beds are completely full in Lincoln County and at least 90 percent full in Yellowstone, Musselshell and Custer counties.

Statewide, most of the hospitalized patients do not have COVID-19, but public health officials and hospital administrators are warning that the recent surge of cases could overwhelm the state's healthcare system.

Billings Clinic CEO Dr. Scott Ellner says the state's largest not for profit health system has fewer than 20 percent of its inpatient beds open. He says he expects 150 to 200 more hospitalizations over the next two to four weeks at the current rate of COVID-19 infections.

"The numbers are just staggering that we're seeing. The lines of people today who are waiting to get tested at our viral triage unit are definitely noticeable," Ellner says.

He says resources, particularly staff, are stretched thin by the rise in COVID-19.
"It's a lot more work caring for these acutely ill patients. You know, it also requires a lot more emphasis on the use of ventilators, our respiratory techs, as well as ICU level beds," he says.

With the rise in cases, Ellner says Billings Clinic has transferred patients to St. Johns United in Billings and Billings Clinic's affiliated hospitals in Red Lodge, Columbus and Livingston.
He says the Clinic is converting areas of the hospital to increase bed capacity, constructing additional ICU space and could use operating and recovery rooms for ICU patients.

But he adds that would make it more challenging to provide care for non-COVID 19 patients -- people injured in car accidents or having heart attacks.

"If we don't see a downward trend in new COVID-19 patients, it's really going to sap the resources of, not only Yellowstone County but all of Montana," he says.

This week 230 health care providers signed a letter urging Montanans to do their part to flatten the curve by avoiding gatherings of more than 10 people, keeping yourself and kids home if sick and wearing a mask in public.

TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

You need to do more research

https://www.wsj.com/articles/we-hope-they-die-11600031160

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/07/black-lives-matter-hypocrisy-cheering-violence/

https://nypost.com/2020/08/19/blm-speaker-declares-war-on-filthy-disgusting-animal-cops/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/us/dallas-police-shooting.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-louisiana-police-lawsuit/black-lives-matter-leaders-sued-over-baton-rouge-police-shooting-idUSKBN19S2TA

You need to read what I wrote and posted again. (And again, I'm not a supporter of BLM.) Then you need to read again your own posts.

"The lawsuit claims BLM inspired Johnson to violence, because, it says, the group has crafted a divisive message that teaches followers they are in a "civil war between blacks and law enforcement, thereby calling for immediate violence and severe bodily injury or death" to police. The lawsuit also references a comment made by then-police Dallas Chief David Brown, who said Johnson's goal that day was to kill white people, especially white officers. BLM has denounced Johnson's actions.

There is no local BLM chapter in Dallas, and the group that organized the rally, the Next Generation Action Network, was not listed as a defendant in the suit; its leader has denied knowing Johnson. The suit listed 13 defendants, among them: the Nation of Islam, the Reverend Al Sharpton, the New Black Panthers Party, George Soros (who has reportedly donated money to BLM organizers), as well as several activists connected to BLM, including DeRay McKesson, who unsuccessfully ran for Baltimore mayor.
The lawsuit seeks $550 million in damages.
Johnson, who'd served in Afghanistan but returned home after being accused of sexual harassment, had expressed support for radical black-power groups, but even groups such as the People's New Black Panther Party disavowed him, saying that though Johnson expressed interest in joining its ranks, he was turned away and blacklist"

Allegations in a law suit just that allegations, in this case leveled at everyone plus the kitchen sink, except the organizer of the event.

Here is one of the more objective articles by one of the most objective news organizations out there, its worth reading:

We Tracked the Shocking Amount of Gun Violence at U.S. Protests

An exclusive analysis from VICE News reveals the disturbing scope of gun violence and killings at protests since George Floyd's death and who is doing the shooting.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7gwm3/we-tracked-the-shocking-amount-of-gun-violence-at-us-protests

Here's an excerpt from the article where Trump spread misinformation and got it wrong:

The fatal shooting of a federal security officer outside a courthouse in Oakland, California on May 29 was framed by the Trump Administration and the media as evidence that the Black Lives Matter movement was inherently lawless and violent. Weeks later, Air Force Staff Sgt. Steven Carrillo, who had ties to the anti-government Boogaloo movement, was arrested for the ambush attack in Oakland, and the murder of another law enforcement officer.

Here are some key data points on shootings at protests since George Floyd was killed on May 25, according to our analysis:

• Total gun incidents: 70
  • Deaths due to gun violence at Black Lives Matter protests: 22
  • Shootings that resulted in non-fatal injuries: 14
  • Times guns were brandished in a threatening manner: 26
  • Incidents where Black Lives Matter protesters were threatened, shot at, or killed: 33
  • Incidents where counterprotesters were threatened, shot at, or killed: 12
Jacques Strap

Schools Aren't Super-Spreaders

Fears from the summer appear to have been overblown.

Quote:

In early august, the first kids in America went back to school during the pandemic. Many of these openings happened in areas where cases were high or growing: in Georgia, Indiana, Florida. Parents, teachers, and scientists feared what might happen next. The New York Times reported that, in parts of Georgia, a school of 1,000 kids could expect to see 20 or 30 people arrive with COVID-19 during week one. Many assumed that school infections would balloon and spread outward to the broader community, triggering new waves. On social media, people shared pictures of high schools with crowded hallways and no masking as if to say I told you so.

Fear and bad press slowed down or canceled school reopenings elsewhere. Many large urban school districts chose not to open for in-person instruction, even in places with relatively low positivity rates. Chicago, L.A., Houstonall remote, at least so far.

It's now October. We are starting to get an evidence-based picture of how school reopenings and remote learning are going (those photos of hallways don't count), and the evidence is pointing in one direction. Schools do not, in fact, appear to be a major spreader of COVID-19.

Quote:

Since early last month, I've been working with a group of data scientists at the technology company Qualtrics, as well as with school-principal and superintendent associations, to collect data on COVID-19 in schools. (See more on that project here.) Our data on almost 200,000 kids in 47 states from the last two weeks of September revealed an infection rate of 0.13 percent among students and 0.24 percent among staff. That's about 1.3 infections over two weeks in a school of 1,000 kids, or 2.2 infections over two weeks in a group of 1,000 staff. Even in high-risk areas of the country, the student rates were well under half a percent. (You can see all the data here.)

Jacques Strap
Researchers surprised: 20% of Chicagoans in blood-test study came up positive for coronavirus antibodies

Quote:

Nearly 1 in 5 Chicago residents who sent blood-spot samples to Northwestern University researchers tested positive for antibodies to the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, according to preliminary results of an ongoing study.

That 20% infection rate is higher than the scientists anticipated based on earlier research, said Dr. Elizabeth McNally, director of the Center for Genetic Medicine at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. One study by other Northwestern researchers tested hospital workers from across the Chicago region and found antibodies in less than 5%.

The latest project, called Screening for Coronavirus Antibodies in Neighborhoods, or SCAN, is examining infection rates in five pairs of adjoining Chicago ZIP codes where rates of previously reported COVID-19 cases differed widely. Though the research is continuing, McNally said enough testing has been done to draw some initial conclusions.

"It's telling us that exposure was higher than we thought, that it was higher than we thought throughout Chicago," McNally said.
Jacques Strap
WHO's Special Envoy on Covid-19, tells Andrew Neil: 'We really do appeal to all world leaders: stop using lockdown as your primary control method'.

Baylor3216
Baylor3216 said:

Will the socialists be forced to stop the charade for a bit and focus on saving lives?

Shows how useless the lot of the are

Man was this instantly spot on.
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/new-cdc-study-finds-majority-of-those-infected-with-covid-19-always-wore-masks/

New CDC Study Finds Majority of Those Infected with COVID-19 'Always' Wore Masks

Quote:

Once again it appears there are conflicting facts, data and plenty of opinions about the efficacy of wearing masks to prevent contracting the Coronavirus.

Sam Lowry
Jacques Strap said:

https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/new-cdc-study-finds-majority-of-those-infected-with-covid-19-always-wore-masks/

New CDC Study Finds Majority of Those Infected with COVID-19 'Always' Wore Masks

Quote:

Once again it appears there are conflicting facts, data and plenty of opinions about the efficacy of wearing masks to prevent contracting the Coronavirus.

As did an even larger majority of the control group.
jupiter
Canada2017
On a positive note.........

My Baylor grad doctor told me yesterday, that in his opinion, the virus is losing some of its virulence.

And no, he did not reference any one study .
First Page Last Page
Page 127 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.