Protesters, some armed, enter Michigan Capitol

7,105 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Oldbear83
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

BaylorFTW said:

Osodecentx said:

BaylorFTW said:

OsoCoreyell said:

People sporting guns in public and wearing masks are bandits, not patriots. Concealing your identity while sporting gun is BS. Wear it openly or stay at home.
That presupposes the state is honorable and will not retaliate against citizens. How comfortable are you really with those presuppositions?
You assume the every person wearing a mask and sporting a gun is honorable
Why are you already deflecting? Are you afraid to confront your presuppositions?
Not sure I understand your complaint. Masked people carrying do nothing to advance their cause. Neither do people burning the American flag.

They discredit their cause just like Jane Fonda & Rosie O'Donnell
Amen Brother. Masks and guns are not a good combination.

I am all for concealed carry but open carry has always been a little creepy to me.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Booray
BaylorFTW said:

Booray said:

Apparently, mask and guns in Michigan are not a good combination:

https://www.abc12.com/content/news/3-charged-with-murder-of-Family-Dollar-security-guard-over-face-mask-dispute-570178991.html
I could be wrong but I don't think they were a part of the group at the State Capital.
That is the tricky thing about rights-everyone has them; somebody is going to abuse them.
Oldbear83
Booray said:

BaylorFTW said:

Booray said:

Apparently, mask and guns in Michigan are not a good combination:

https://www.abc12.com/content/news/3-charged-with-murder-of-Family-Dollar-security-guard-over-face-mask-dispute-570178991.html
I could be wrong but I don't think they were a part of the group at the State Capital.
That is the tricky thing about rights-everyone has them; somebody is going to abuse them.
And history shows that is also the tricky thing about rights - politicians always think rights are optional when they get in the way of the politician's plans. No matter how well-intentioned, tyranny is always ready to step onto the stage.
curtpenn
cms186 said:

Jack and DP said:

Waco1947 said:

tommie said:

Why do they need the guns?
Why indeed? That's point of the OP

Guns protect the citizen from a tyrannical government.
because a "Tyrannical Government" is going to play fair in a fight against a Militia armed with some AR-15's and Hunting Rifles
It's all a numbers thing. In a nasty civil war, a relative handful could stop down most everything pretty easily. Kind of scary, actually.
curtpenn
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

BaylorFTW said:

Osodecentx said:

BaylorFTW said:

OsoCoreyell said:

People sporting guns in public and wearing masks are bandits, not patriots. Concealing your identity while sporting gun is BS. Wear it openly or stay at home.
That presupposes the state is honorable and will not retaliate against citizens. How comfortable are you really with those presuppositions?
You assume the every person wearing a mask and sporting a gun is honorable
Why are you already deflecting? Are you afraid to confront your presuppositions?
Not sure I understand your complaint. Masked people carrying do nothing to advance their cause. Neither do people burning the American flag.

They discredit their cause just like Jane Fonda & Rosie O'Donnell
Amen Brother. Masks and guns are not a good combination.

I am all for concealed carry but open carry has always been a little creepy to me.
The topic makes for an interesting thought exercise. I can easily see how images of armed citizens can morph into very negative stereotypes; just think of all the usual language - "gun-toting... red necks... Nazis... white supremacists...racists, and on and on. OTOH, perhaps they are legitimately patriots of the highest order figuratively standing shoulder to shoulder with their ancestors at Lexington and Concord.

Grew up hunting and in a house full of guns. My dad is a Korea vet with Combat Infantry Badge and Bronze Star who continued on in the Guard and Reserve until age 60. Guns are fun. Actually had an FFL in the late '80s - early '90s. Still have ... some guns. I find myself very ambivalent about this.
Waco1947
BaylorFTW said:

br53 said:

If you feel the need to carry a gun in your state capital then your state has bigger issues than just a Coronavirus lockdown. I am really interested in seeing how Cinco De Mayo and Mother's Day celebrations affect the numbers in the coming weeks.
I am sure they would agree with you. Of course, a better question would be why did the state allow things to reach such a level?
Why did (red) states all things to reach this level? Answer --: the NRA elevating the status of the 2nd Amendment somehow "defending liberty"
And the bogus claim "The government is coming for your guns."
Red States unleashed Pandora's Box in pursuit of the conservative vote.
Wrong headed people, immature people will carry guns to a protest.
OsoCoreyell
Waco1947 said:

BaylorFTW said:

br53 said:

If you feel the need to carry a gun in your state capital then your state has bigger issues than just a Coronavirus lockdown. I am really interested in seeing how Cinco De Mayo and Mother's Day celebrations affect the numbers in the coming weeks.
I am sure they would agree with you. Of course, a better question would be why did the state allow things to reach such a level?
Why did (red) states all things to reach this level? Answer --: the NRA elevating the status of the 2nd Amendment somehow "defending liberty"
You're just wrong about that. Go watch the Beto vids.

And the 2nd Amendment is absolutely about defending liberty.
Waco1947
OsoCoreyell said:

Waco1947 said:

BaylorFTW said:

br53 said:

Dismissal does not help your case. I am guessing you are wrong unless you answer the questions -- which, by the way, you cannot
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Waco1947 said:

BaylorFTW said:

br53 said:

Dismissal does not help your case. I am guessing you are wrong unless you answer the questions -- which, by the way, you cannot
Waco gonna waco.

"Waco" is just another way to spell "denial"
Waco1947
tommie said:

Why are these guys not hosed out of the capitol?
br53
Waco1947 said:

tommie said:

They probably have a water exclusion or intentional acts exclusion for property damage on their insurance policy.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
whitetrash
Waco1947 said:

tommie said:

Perhaps they should torch an AutoZone and steal TVs from Target instead.
br53
whitetrash said:

Waco1947 said:

tommie said:

When can we start? I need some new spark plugs and patio furniture.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
Waco1947
Yes, the government should and can stop armed people from entering a capital. First example The President. The Secret Service will have someone's butt on the ground in a NY second.
As a citizen I have an equal right to security in the capital. Your gun is threatening. Rights swing both ways.

FWBear
It's beyond amusing seeing people try to equate peaceful protesters with looting arsonist criminals.
“When they are wrong, what makes them wrong is that they lead to violations of the duties I have described in earlier chapters.”
– Jason Brennan
PartyBear
whitetrash said:

Waco1947 said:

tommie said:

I have no doubt those clowns would if they were greeted with tear gas etc. Hell they are armed with machine guns they would do more harm than starting a fire.
Jack and DP
FWBear
Good for them.
“When they are wrong, what makes them wrong is that they lead to violations of the duties I have described in earlier chapters.”
– Jason Brennan
Forest Bueller_bf
Jack and DP said:

Good.
Bearitto
Waco1947 said:

Yes, the government should and can stop armed people from entering a capital. First example The President. The Secret Service will have someone's butt on the ground in a NY second.
As a citizen I have an equal right to security in the capital. Your gun is threatening. Rights swing both ways.

Nonviolent protest is bad, but burning and looting is all good. It depends on your race, right?
Oldbear83
Bearitto said:

Waco1947 said:

Nonviolent protest is bad, but burning and looting is all good. It depends on your race, right?
If you can loot in person,

then you can vote in person.

Just saying ...
Bearitto
Oldbear83 said:

Bearitto said:

Waco1947 said:

Just saying ...

You don't need ID to loot, though. Maybe you can loot an ID and then vote using that.
FWBear
Bearitto said:

Oldbear83 said:

Bearitto said:

Waco1947 said:

Just saying ...

You don't need ID to loot, though. Maybe you can loot an ID and then vote using that.
Looter: "Vote? Me? lolololol!"
– Jason Brennan
Waco1947
FWBear said:

It's beyond amusing seeing people try to equate peaceful protesters with looting arsonist criminals.
Peaceful? No
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/04/30/protesters-gathering-outside-capitol-amid-covid-19-restrictions/3054911001/
Guns? Really? Shoot a trooper one of the good guys and 1st Responders'?"
What silliness!

Where you at on the 170 businesses burned in Minneapolis?
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Bearitto said:

Waco1947 said:

Just saying ...
Who is "you" in the above post?
Bearitto
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Bearitto said:

Waco1947 said:

Just saying ...
Presumably, looters. The looters in question, fit within the demographic (black and inner-city) of the individuals leftists and democrats and the media have told us all, ad infinitum, are incapable of getting identification and being responsible to take on basic civic duties. Leftist, the media and democrats are again claiming this same demographic is acting monolithically out of "frustration" and that this is a "peaceful protest" or a justified "uprising" by this specific demographic of people who are only committing such heinous acts of violence and destruction because "when civility leads to death, revolting is the only logical reaction." Leftist and media approved spokesmen for all blacks have called criminals engaged in the riots and looting "Freedom Fighters in Minneapolis" who are "fighting for liberation". Liberation of whom from whom? Revolting of whom from whom?Perhaps you should look to the black generated "us" and "we" rhetoric fueling this dumpster fire if you are interested in who "you" refers to.

You can't have it both ways. You can't in one breath say "they" (blacks) are being targeted for racist enforcement or "they" (blacks) can't figure out how to get ID to vote and then suddenly ask, "who is the 'you'" you are referring to. That simply demonstrates breathtaking intellectual dishonesty. The argument leftists make is one of absurd race baiting. Ridicule of that argument will always be on those same grounds and trying to pretend that it's not specifically responsive to the absurdist racial leftist arguments is tantamount to a lie.

Florda_mike
I have seen my enemy and it is Sam

Know thy enemy
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Bearitto said:

Waco1947 said:

Just saying ...
The statement s self-evident, Sam

As is your dishonesty.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.