Protesters, some armed, enter Michigan Capitol

7,142 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Oldbear83
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/04/30/protesters-gathering-outside-capitol-amid-covid-19-restrictions/3054911001/
Guns? Really? Shoot a trooper one of the good guys and 1st Responders'?"
What silliness!
El Oso
I've never been unarmed inside the Texas capitol since it became legal to do so.

I get inside a lot faster. I have my own line.
Friscobear
They didn't shoot anyone.
“At the end of the day, for 40 minutes, we just kicked their ass.”

- Mark Vital
Redbrickbear
Good.

The government should never be able to prevent its legally armed citizens for entering THE PEOPLES state capitols.

Taxpaying citizens own those buildings...they don't belong to whatever failed lawyer turned politician who happens to be temporary holding the office.
ValhallaBear
Redbrickbear said:

Good.

The government should never be able to prevent its legally armed citizens for entering THE PEOPLES state capitols.

Taxpaying citizens own those buildings...they don't belong to whatever failed lawyer turned politician who happens to be temporary holding the office.

Amen!

The attitude our country was founded upon
El Oso
Redbrickbear said:

Good.

The last pic in his posted article shows a wall of state police blocking the entrance to the capitol.

All these people with guns just stayed outside.

Clearly the guns were not supposed to intimidate anyone. Nobody pulled one out to tell the police they were out of line.
El Oso

Double post.
robby44
Redbrickbear said:

Good.

Yes
But it's been done before. 1967 California passed the Mulford Act to keep Black Panthers from legally carrying

https://www.history.com/.amp/news/black-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act
PartyBear
Robby these folks here would be literally howling about the need for civil war if a multicultural crowd converged on a state Capitol controlled by the GOP armed with machine guns and wearing paramilitary gear in protest of something.
BaylorFTW
El Oso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Good.

The last pic in his posted article shows a wall of state police blocking the entrance to the capitol.

All these people with guns just stayed outside.

Clearly the guns were not supposed to intimidate anyone. Nobody pulled one out to tell the police they were out of line.
There you go bringing facts into a feels argument. How dare you destroy Waco47's narrative.
BaylorFTW
Waco1947 said:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/04/30/protesters-gathering-outside-capitol-amid-covid-19-restrictions/3054911001/
What silliness!
Did you clutch your pearls?
Jack and DP
Sounds like the gov will be in court tomorrow. She pushed the people too far.
Jacques Strap
Jack and DP said:

Sounds like the gov will be in court tomorrow. She pushed the people too far.
Yes headed to court.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2020/04/30/michigan-legislators-say-theyll-let-state-of-emergency-expire-protesters-demand-state-reopens/

Quote:

Michigan legislators say they'll let state of emergency expire; protesters demand state reopens

Legislatures say they're going to let state of emergency expire at midnight

LANSING, Mich. Thursday was a chaotic day in Lansing as legislators say they're going to let the Michigan state of emergency expire at midnight and protesters demand the state reopen for business.

The state of emergency declared by Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on March 10 is set to expire at midnight. Whitmer initially asked the legislature to extend it, but on Wednesday, she said she didn't need them to. Legislators disagree.

Sam Lowry
And when the curve spikes again, the meltdown will be visible from space.

I give it six months before Obama's accused of creating the virus in a secret laboratory underneath a mosque.
Whiskey Pete
Redbrickbear said:

Good.

Absolutely!
Whiskey Pete
robby44 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Good.

Yes
But it's been done before. 1967 California passed the Mulford Act to keep Black Panthers from legally carrying

https://www.history.com/.amp/news/black-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act
That's wrong too
ABC BEAR
I think one of those troopers is the same guy who chased me for 45 miles.
Flaming Moderate
The unfortunate part is none of those measures are having any impact on the spread ... just like most rational people predicted.
blackie
PartyBear said:

Robby these folks here would be literally howling about the need for civil war if a multicultural crowd converged on a state Capitol controlled by the GOP armed with machine guns and wearing paramilitary gear in protest of something.
The Capitol controlled by the GOP would have brought out the national guard.
Mitch Blood Green
Why do they need the guns?
Whiskey Pete
tommie said:

And that's the beauty of Bill of Rights. You don't "need" a gun to have the right to own one.
Flaming Moderate
HashTag said:

tommie said:

And that's the beauty of Bill of Rights. You don't "need" a gun to have the right to own one.
I feel like the sides would flip if it was protesting the inability to murder babies in the womb.
Porteroso
Flaming Moderate said:

The unfortunate part is none of those measures are having any impact on the spread ... just like most rational people predicted.
Wait, none of the stay at home orders are having an impact? Or people carrying guns aren't having an impact? Not sure what you're saying.
Canada2017
tommie said:

They don't .

It's stupid to carry guns into any capital building .
Whiskey Pete
Flaming Moderate said:

HashTag said:

tommie said:

I feel like the sides would flip if it was protesting the inability to murder babies in the womb.
Could be. Both sides have proven they have the ability to quickly compromise their "values" if it means getting what they want or getting someone they want.

Personally, I wouldn't flip. I'm a strong believer in personal freedoms/accountability. I'm a strong supporter for the 2nd amendment, but I don't own a gun and really don't want to... I'm also pro-choice, but my wife and I would never consider having an abortion, we're both against it, personally - for ourselves.

Sounds stupid to be against abortion but be pro-choice. I'm against the act, but feel the gov't shouldn't tell women what they can do with their own body either. I'm 1000% against tax payer funded abortions though.

Mitch Blood Green
HashTag said:

tommie said:

I'm not asking about the right. I'm asking about the reason.

I'm now wearing a mask (reason) so that I don't spread the virus to you.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
tommie said:

Guns make some men feel more secure.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Jack and DP
Sam Lowry said:

And when the curve spikes again, the meltdown will be visible from space.

I give it six months before Obama's accused of creating the virus in a secret laboratory underneath a mosque.

2015. Hmm.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/04/29/847948272/why-the-u-s-government-stopped-funding-a-research-project-on-bats-and-coronaviru
Mitch Blood Green
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

What silliness!
False. No one got shot, but nice try.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
tommie said:

HashTag said:

tommie said:

You have it?
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Mitch Blood Green
fadskier said:

tommie said:

HashTag said:

tommie said:

You have it?

No. It's not from people trying to give it to me.
Waco1947
tommie said:

Why indeed? That's point of the OP
Jack and DP
Waco1947 said:

tommie said:

Why indeed? That's point of the OP

Guns protect the citizen from a tyrannical government.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

They don't .

It's stupid to carry guns into any capital building .
I own guns and am all for the 2nd Amendment but agree with you on this point. it makes about as much sense as being able to wear a mask into a liquor store.............Oh wait!!!!!!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.