Riots & Looting

64,613 Views | 827 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember when our country waited to see if justice would be served before rioting?

Justice has not been denied for George Floyd.

George Floyd has died in vain as people burn cities, communities and small business to the ground.

Sad.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
The riots and looting were coming no matter what. The murder of George Floyd was just the excuse to light the fuse.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The riots and looting was coming no matter what. The murder of George Floyd was just the excuse to light the fuse.
Yep
D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

Remember when our country waited to see if justice would be served before rioting?

George Floyd has died in vain as people burn cities, communities and small business to the ground.

Sad.

George Floyd is dead. Killed by the state without due process of law. I don't know if there is a more perfect example of "justice denied."
Doc Holliday
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sad.

George Floyd is dead. Killed by the state without due process of law. I don't know if there is a more perfect example of "justice denied."
By that logic, every criminal cop or government employee being brought to justice (incarcerated/death penalty) isn't really justice.

Is this your view?
D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sad.

By that logic, every criminal cop or government employee being brought to justice (incarcerated/death penalty) isn't really justice.

Is this your view?

My view is the Mr. Floyd did not receive justice.
Doc Holliday
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sad.

Is this your view?

My view is the Mr. Floyd did not receive justice
Justice is slow.

If this cop is found guilty of murder, is that justice?

We both know preventing what happened is impossible.
D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sad.

Is this your view?

Justice is slow.

If the cop is guilty and found as such, that's justice for the cop, not for Mr. Floyd.
BearFan33
Reports starting to look like Antifa (or some other outside group) may be driving most of this.
BearFan33
Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sad.

Is this your view?

Justice is slow.

disagree with bolded. cops need to be trained differently.
Doc Holliday
I agree, but I don't think you'll ever acquire 100% compliance.

These riots are based on singular instances.
Mitch Blood Green
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sad.

His crime (we now know) was using a counterfeit $20 in the store. I don't know if he intentionally passed a fake $20 or it was given to him and he thought it was real.
Porteroso
Doc Holliday said:

That is wishful thinking. I'm not sure how people like you manage to ignore the racial tensions of the past few centuries in America, but basic equal treatment has still not been achieved, according to any given objective metric.

The law, only relatively recently, has been changed to allow for true equality, but we all know that the law is not equally applied.

Minorities are not killed at a greater clip than whites, contrary to popular leftist propaganda, but minorities are beat up, arrested, prosecuted, jailed at a far greater clip than whites.

This is not a singular instance, it is the culmination of centuries of injustice. While the media, and pop culture is complicit in enraging minorities over a bad take on equality, when it comes to cops murdering citizens, the general consensus that this is the latest in a long line of injustices is obviously correct.

Cops have have a long way to go to regain public trust, and are seemingly heading the opposite direction, with haste.
Jack Bauer
ATL Bear
tommie said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sad.

His crime (we now know) was using a counterfeit $20 in the store. I don't know if he intentionally passed a fake $20 or it was given to him and he thought it was real.
It doesn't matter if he held the cashier at gunpoint and emptied the register. The guy was slowly suffocated to death by blunt pressure to the neck area well after he had given up the fight. Absolute travesty. The fact it was a lesser crime probably makes it even more of one.
br53
BearFan33 said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sad.

Is this your view?

Justice is slow.

disagree with bolded. cops need to be trained differently.
Some people dont need to be cops.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
robby44
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The riots and looting were coming no matter what. The murder of George Floyd was just the excuse to light the fuse.

Not true.
In the cases of Botham Jean (Dallas) and Atatiana Jefferson (Fort Worth) both of whom were killed in their homes there were zero riots. In fact hugs and bibles were offered to the killer Amber Guyger
br53
ATL Bear said:

tommie said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sad.

It doesn't matter if he held the cashier at gunpoint and emptied the register. The guy was slowly suffocated to death by blunt pressure to the neck area well after he had given up the fight. Absolute travesty. The fact it was a lesser crime probably makes it even more of one.
I had this conversation with someone yesterday. They defended the cops somehow and their line of defense was, "We dont know what he said to the cop." I said do you think someone should be put to death for their words? Where do you even come up with that thought?
br53
robby44 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Not true.
In the cases of Botham Jean (Dallas) and Atatiana Jefferson (Fort Worth) both of whom were killed in their homes there were zero riots. In fact hugs and bibles were offered to the killer Amber Guyger
Not trying to argue for or against what RD said here Robby, but I think they were coming as soon as this happened due to the fact that it is coupled with the Case in Georgia for Ahmaud Arbery. There was alot of tension boiling from that and rightfully so and then this murder happened and it was a matter of time. Whatever the next event was I think riots were going to happen. I have no issue at all with peaceful protests but the riots and looting have to stop. The people rioting and looting dont care about what happened they are just idiots. And they are idiots of all shapes sizes and races from what I have seen.
Johnny Bear
Porteroso said:

Doc Holliday said:

That is wishful thinking. I'm not sure how people like you manage to ignore the racial tensions of the past few centuries in America, but basic equal treatment has still not been achieved, according to any given objective metric.

The law, only relatively recently, has been changed to allow for true equality, but we all know that the law is not equally applied.

Minorities are not killed at a greater clip than whites, contrary to popular leftist propaganda, but minorities are beat up, arrested, prosecuted, jailed at a far greater clip than whites.

This is not a singular instance, it is the culmination of centuries of injustice. While the media, and pop culture is complicit in enraging minorities over a bad take on equality, when it comes to cops murdering citizens, the general consensus that this is the latest in a long line of injustices is obviously correct.

Cops have have a long way to go to regain public trust, and are seemingly heading the opposite direction, with haste.
What a bunch of BS. Over the past 60 years, no nation in the history of mankind has done as much or more to right societal wrongs (that most definitely needed to be righted) and societally speaking, even the playing field for a minority of its citizens than the USA has done for the black community over the course of that time. Nobody is denying we have a lot of bad history regarding the plight and treatment of blacks and the black community, but on the other hand we have a bunch of people that want to deny the obvious progress and improvement in that regard over the last half century plus. I've lived through the time period we're talking about and it's a very different world than it used to be in this regard - thank goodness.

Does that mean racism has been eliminated? Of course not and just like crazy lunatics will never be eliminated, individuals here and there who are bigots (that exist in all communities with varying skin colors and ethnicities) will never be totally eradicated. And by the way, all of them are wrong and all of them have counterproductive/divisive beliefs. The norm, however, is the vast majority are not racists or bigots, but since there is so much to gain politically by claiming that's not the case per those on the left, they'll never acknowledge it and will always claim the opposite is true.

As far as this terrible, deadly incident in Minneapolis, yes, it most definitely is a "one off" type of occurrence by some bad cops. Yes, sadly and tragically there are some bad cops out there (some of them even served at the highest levels of law enforcement during the Obama Administration), but the vast majority do anywhere from an adequate to an outstanding job of serving and protecting. It's both wholly inaccurate and ridiculous to portray this as some kind of widespread systemic problem. It isn't. It's a rare occurrence and hopefully the perpetrators of this crime will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

There are some bad, evil people in the USA in any legal profession/vocation you want to name, but the vast majority clearly aren't and when that small minority of bad/evil people commit a crime or atrocity it's absurd to paint everyone (or even the majority) in that profession/vocation as being the equivalent thereof - especially including law enforcement.
Johnny Bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I don't know if the riots and looting were "coming no matter what", but the fact remains that some of these so called "protesters" are nothing more than dirt bag, scum bucket criminals jumping at the chance to take advantage of a tragic situation to pillage and plunder because they know they'll get away with it. It makes about as much sense as me reacting to something a cop did in my neighborhood that incensed me by breaking into my next door neighbor's home and stealing their smart TV. There is just no justification for it and it outrages me almost as much as what happened to George Floyd.
D. C. Bear
Johnny Bear said:

Porteroso said:

Doc Holliday said:

What a bunch of BS. Over the past 60 years, no nation in the history of mankind has done as much or more to right societal wrongs (that most definitely needed to be righted) and societally speaking, even the playing field for a minority of its citizens than the USA has done for the black community over the course of that time. Nobody is denying we have a lot of bad history regarding the plight and treatment of blacks and the black community, but on the other hand we have a bunch of people that want to deny the obvious progress and improvement in that regard over the last half century plus. I've lived through the time period we're talking about and it's a very different world than it used to be in this regard - thank goodness.

Does that mean racism has been eliminated? Of course not and just like crazy lunatics will never be eliminated, individuals here and there who are bigots (that exist in all communities with varying skin colors and ethnicities) will never be totally eradicated. And by the way, all of them are wrong and all of them have counterproductive/divisive beliefs. The norm, however, is the vast majority are not racists or bigots, but since there is so much to gain politically by claiming that's not the case per those on the left, they'll never acknowledge it and will always claim the opposite is true.

As far as this terrible, deadly incident in Minneapolis, yes, it most definitely is a "one off" type of occurrence by some bad cops. Yes, sadly and tragically there are some bad cops out there (some of them even served at the highest levels of law enforcement during the Obama Administration), but the vast majority do anywhere from an adequate to an outstanding job of serving and protecting. It's both wholly inaccurate and ridiculous to portray this as some kind of widespread systemic problem. It isn't. It's a rare occurrence and hopefully the perpetrators of this crime will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

There are some bad, evil people in the USA in any legal profession/vocation you want to name, but the vast majority clearly aren't and when that small minority of bad/evil people commit a crime or atrocity it's absurd to paint everyone (or even the majority) in that profession/vocation as being the equivalent thereof - especially including law enforcement.

This was not a crime by an individual. This guy had a history and he wasn't dealt with appropriately by the institution he worked for.
BUMBA1
You guys do realize that this is the same area where Philando Castille was killed and that officer was acquitted. They've already seen how justice plays out. So the rioting, while troublesome and inexcusable, also takes into account previous incidents where justice definitely wasn't served.
BaylorOkie
robby44 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Not true.

Amazing.

SIC EM 94
BUMBA1 said:

You guys do realize that this is the same area where Philando Castille was killed and that officer was acquitted. They've already seen how justice plays out. So the rioting, while troublesome and inexcusable, also takes into account previous incidents where justice definitely wasn't served.

Perhaps the jury had a bit more information in the Castille incident than you, and thus reached the decision that they did? If there is another police involved shooting in "the same area", does that mean looters get to step up to Nordstrom's next?
br53
SIC EM 94 said:

BUMBA1 said:

Perhaps the jury had a bit more information in the Castille incident than you, and thus reached the decision that they did? If there is another police involved shooting in "the same area", does that mean looters get to step up to Nordstrom's next?
As long as its one of the 16 stores they closed have at it.
Jack and DP
ATL Bear said:

tommie said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sad.

I can give an LEO a lot of leeway when it comes to a split second decision. This wasn't that.
Forest Bueller_bf
ATL Bear said:

tommie said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sad.

Is it even a crime, what if he moved to Minnesota from Houston for work, was paid in cash, and that particular $20 happened to be a fake. Some jobs pay cash, I've had several. Never questioned if I was paid with a counterfeit.

Like you say, there is nothing, nothing at all, that can justify suffocating someone to death, someone who was cuffed and not even able to resist. He was squirming because he was being choked to death. This was a murder.

The officer needs to get a very long sentence, a shame he can't get the death penalty.

ATL Bear
BUMBA1 said:

A white woman named Justine Damond was wrongfully shot and killed by a police officer also, and there was an attempt to cover it up. The officers were eventually charged and convicted. Something rotten is going on in that Minneapolis police force.
Johnny Bear
D. C. Bear said:

Johnny Bear said:

Porteroso said:

Doc Holliday said:

This was not a crime by an individual. This guy had a history and he wasn't dealt with appropriately by the institution he worked for.

Sure looked like an "individual" to me, as did the other cop "individuals" watching him do it who are the equivalent of accomplices. If there was a past history that the Minneapolis police department should've taken action about, then that's on those " Individuals" as well, but it's still an unusual and highly uncommon albeit terrible incident - at least as far as the big picture goes.
Canada2017
BUMBA1 said:

Have you ever pulled jury duty ?

It's not easy .

What's clear in one person's mind is reasonable doubt in another's .
57Bear
Officer made a very bad decision! How does one explain that none of the other 3 officers standing there intervened?
ATL Bear
Canada2017 said:

BUMBA1 said:

It's not easy .

Yep. That's my fear with the Arbery case. If the prosecutor goes hard on Murder 1 and they reasonable doubt their way out, I can't fathom the outrage to follow. Slam dunk the manslaughter and felony assault and argue for max sentencing.
57Bear
Canada2017 said:

BUMBA1 said:

It's not easy .

I was "one of two extras" on a jury for a federal prison escapee. When we two were released prior to jury deliberations, we agreed on the way down the stairs: GUILTY. I was stunned the next morning to read in the paper: INNOCENT.
robby44
SIC EM 94 said:

BUMBA1 said:

The Castille incident was on video also

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.