Riots & Looting

65,280 Views | 827 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
BUMBA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SIC EM 94 said:

BUMBA1 said:

You guys do realize that this is the same area where Philando Castille was killed and that officer was acquitted. They've already seen how justice plays out. So the rioting, while troublesome and inexcusable, also takes into account previous incidents where justice definitely wasn't served.

Perhaps the jury had a bit more information in the Castille incident than you, and thus reached the decision that they did? If there is another police involved shooting in "the same area", does that mean looters get to step up to Nordstrom's next?

Maybe, but not sure how any reasonable person can watch that video and think that justice was served. Not sure what other information you're referring to that would reverse that. And like I said, the looting is inexcusable. But if the OP is suggesting that historically rioters would wait to see if justice was going to be served before rioting, I'm saying the folks in this area are still experiencing the injustice (perceived or otherwise) from the Castille case. They are angry and rightfully so.
Canada2017
57Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

BUMBA1 said:

You guys do realize that this is the same area where Philando Castille was killed and that officer was acquitted. They've already seen how justice plays out. So the rioting, while troublesome and inexcusable, also takes into account previous incidents where justice definitely wasn't served.

Have you ever pulled jury duty ?

It's not easy .

What's clear in one person's mind is reasonable doubt in another's .
I was "one of two extras" on a jury for a federal prison escapee. When we two were released prior to jury deliberations, we agreed on the way down the stairs: GUILTY. I was stunned the next morning to read in the paper: INNOCENT.

Was on the jury of a rape case .

Was 10-1 for almost 2 full days of deliberations .

Secret ballot

Finally the holdout admitted he was voting to acquit only because he didn't believe rape was physically possible .

Me and 2 other guys 'convinced ' him to change his mind .
br53
Canada2017 said:

57Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

BUMBA1 said:

Have you ever pulled jury duty ?

It's not easy .

What's clear in one person's mind is reasonable doubt in another's .
I was "one of two extras" on a jury for a federal prison escapee. When we two were released prior to jury deliberations, we agreed on the way down the stairs: GUILTY. I was stunned the next morning to read in the paper: INNOCENT.

Was on the jury of a rape case .

Was 10-1 for almost 2 full days of deliberations .

Secret ballot

Finally the holdout admitted he was voting to acquit only because he didn't believe rape was physically possible .

Me and 2 other guys 'convinced ' him to change his mind .
What kind of moron was he? The kind where you have to have two male witnesses.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
syme
BUMBA1 said:

The looters just want free sh/t.. seriously there's no deeper message here.
Canada2017
Hispanic fella in his mid 40's .

Also said he had done ' the same kind of things ' as a teenager .
br53
Canada2017 said:

Wow.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
riflebear
Canada2017
br53 said:

Canada2017 said:

Wow.

It was a real life lesson .

People think differently .....and they all believe they are right .
fubar
riflebear said:

People killing (and trying to kill) each other have been around since Cain got pissed at Abel. It's not going away.

The difference in the cases you present is not black and white and who did the killing. In one, and only one, of the cases, the person doing the killing was acting under the authority of the government ... while others in authority stood by and did nothing to stop the killing. That's the difference.

If you don't see and understand the difference, you truly are an imbecile.
riflebear
fubar said:

riflebear said:

People killing (and trying to kill) each other have been around since Cain got pissed at Abel. It's not going away.

The difference in the cases you present is not black and white and who did the killing. In one, and only one, of the cases, the person doing the killing was acting under the authority of the government ... while others in authority stood by and did nothing to stop the killing. That's the difference.

Nice try - I never said there wasn't a big difference but the point is when an injustice is done on a white person you never see an outcry and it happens everyday across the country. My point is anytime it happens it's awful regardless of race, but you don't blanket an entire police force in Minneapolis as racist. Univ of Minn President has cancelled all activity w/ the entire police force - that's just insane. It's political posturing. Hold the cop accountable even though he wasn't trying to kill the man.

If a white supremacist had thrown a black kid off the balcony it would be 24/7 news and riots everywhere. Here you have a Muslim if I remember correctly and hardly a peep from the national media and no outrage.

Hold the police officer accountable, but don't destroy a bunch of businesses that had nothing to do w/ this. But that's Dem tactics, make a big fuss so the media will cover it so liberals can use it to turn out voters like this somehow had to do w/ Republicans. It gets old and diminishes the tragedy that actually happened.
fubar
Yes. You truly are an imbecile.
BUMBA1
fubar said:

riflebear said:

I couldn't agree more. In the MN mall incident, the perpetrator was immediately arrested, tried and convicted to the fullest extent of the law.

The George Floyd outrage is not that a white man killed a black man. It's that a police officer acting under authority of the government killed a person and nothing was done about it by those in power at the scene.
drahthaar
tommie said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Remember when our country waited to see if justice would be served before rioting?

Justice has not been denied for George Floyd.

George Floyd has died in vain as people burn cities, communities and small business to the ground.

Sad.

George Floyd is dead. Killed by the state without due process of law. I don't know if there is a more perfect example of "justice denied."

His crime (we now know) was using a counterfeit $20 in the store. I don't know if he intentionally passed a fake $20 or it was given to him and he thought it was real.

Doesn't matter if he printed the bill and the ink was still damp, the man did not merit being strangled. The only "good" thing is that this event is recorded and viral and clearly documented. Hopefully courage will rise to meet the evidence in court.
Johnny Bear
BUMBA1 said:

fubar said:

riflebear said:

I couldn't agree more. In the MN mall incident, the perpetrator was immediately arrested, tried and convicted to the fullest extent of the law.

The George Floyd outrage is not that a white man killed a black man. It's that a police officer acting under authority of the government killed a person and nothing was done about it by those in power at the scene.

And it is obviously being vigorously and seriously investigated from the federal justice department on down with I'm sure serious prosecution to come - but why do the civilized thing and let the justice system do its job? Let's riot and pillage and plunder people who had absolutely nothing to do with this while the getting is good!

And in the aftermath, be sure to keep scratching your head and wondering why business entrepreneurs are hesitant to open job creating businesses in your neighborhood.
TenBears
LOL about "how far we've come". That's a pretty damned low bar. We started out with white landowners torturing/killing/impregnating slaves. Then we went to bands of malicious rednecks, often with law enforcement support lynching/torturing black Americans for "acting uppity" and talking to white women. Now they are being killed for jogging, selling cigarettes and passing fake twenties.
Jack and DP
Does any of this happen without coronavirus? Maybe George doesn't get laid off and doesn't need to use a fake 20. Maybe the rioters have better things to do than destroy their city.
Jack and DP
Jack and DP
Jack and DP
Thee University
notbubbleboy said:

LOL about "how far we've come". That's a pretty damned low bar. We started out with white landowners torturing/killing/impregnating slaves. Then we went to bands of malicious rednecks, often with law enforcement support lynching/torturing black Americans for "acting uppity" and talking to white women. Now they are being killed for jogging, selling cigarettes and passing fake twenties.
BS! What is wrong with abiding by the requests or orders of authorities? With each passing year I see more and more dumb@$$es that blatantly disregard law enforcement. We are becoming a nation of spoiled yet entitled idiots who believe that no laws or rules pertain to them. When a cop tells me to do something I do it immediately no matter if guilty or not.

So what in the hell do you want done now?

America has been the best country on earth for African Americans. 600,000 Africans, brought here primarily by black slave traders, grew into a community of 40 million in this horrible country. Remember, Lincoln wanted to send all freed slaves/blacks to Liberia.

Africans were introduced to Christian salvation here. They reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity black folks have ever known here.

Yes, slavery is horrendous. It still goes on today in some countries. Yes, some Americans owned slaves. Yes, some slaves were mistreated. The overwhelmingly vast majority of Americans never owned a slave nor desired to. It happened. It has taken longer than it should to undo a terrible wrong.

No people anywhere have done more to lift up blacks than those wicked and evil white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We live in an environment where way too many folks (black, white, brown, yellow & red) consistently want more free "stuff" NOW and live beyond their means that they either did or did not prepare for. Whites are NOT out hunting, killing and robbing blacks, browns or yellows.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
syme
notbubbleboy said:

Wow nice timeline there. Really captures the subtle nuances in the 243 year history of America's race relations. Somewhere between the malicious red necks and cigarettes, a black man became President of the United States.
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

notbubbleboy said:

BS! What is wrong with abiding by the requests or orders of authorities? With each passing year I see more and more dumb@$$es that blatantly disregard law enforcement. We are becoming a nation of spoiled yet entitled idiots who believe that no laws or rules pertain to them. When a cop tells me to do something I do it immediately no matter if guilty or not.

America has been the best country on earth for African Americans. 600,000 Africans, brought here primarily by black slave traders, grew into a community of 40 million in this horrible country. Remember, Lincoln wanted to send all freed slaves/blacks to Liberia.

Africans were introduced to Christian salvation here. They reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity black folks have ever known here.

Yes, slavery is horrendous. It still goes on today in some countries. Yes, some Americans owned slaves. Yes, some slaves were mistreated. The overwhelmingly vast majority of Americans never owned a slave nor desired to. It happened. It has taken longer than it should to undo a terrible wrong.

No people anywhere have done more to lift up blacks than those wicked and evil white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We live in an environment where way too many folks (black, white, brown, yellow & red) consistently want more free "stuff" NOW and live beyond their means that they either did or did not prepare for. Whites are NOT out hunting, killing and robbing blacks, browns or yellows.

Is it your contention that killing Mr. Floyd was justified?
Jack and DP
Thee University
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

notbubbleboy said:

Is that your comprehension?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
bularry
riflebear said:

That's as about as racially tone deaf as you can get
bularry
This is the problem

No one said whites were out hunting minorities, you idiot
D. C. Bear
Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

notbubbleboy said:

Is that your comprehension?

No, it is just a question to clarify your position. You are complaining about people not complying with law enforcement.
It is my contention, however, that all slaves were mistreated. Some were mistreated more than others.
bularry
Johnny Bear said:

Porteroso said:

Doc Holliday said:

These riots are based on singular instances.

That is wishful thinking. I'm not sure how people like you manage to ignore the racial tensions of the past few centuries in America, but basic equal treatment has still not been achieved, according to any given objective metric.

The law, only relatively recently, has been changed to allow for true equality, but we all know that the law is not equally applied.

Minorities are not killed at a greater clip than whites, contrary to popular leftist propaganda, but minorities are beat up, arrested, prosecuted, jailed at a far greater clip than whites.

This is not a singular instance, it is the culmination of centuries of injustice. While the media, and pop culture is complicit in enraging minorities over a bad take on equality, when it comes to cops murdering citizens, the general consensus that this is the latest in a long line of injustices is obviously correct.

Cops have have a long way to go to regain public trust, and are seemingly heading the opposite direction, with haste.
What a bunch of BS. Over the past 60 years, no nation in the history of mankind has done as much or more to right societal wrongs (that most definitely needed to be righted) and societally speaking, even the playing field for a minority of its citizens than the USA has done for the black community over the course of that time. Nobody is denying we have a lot of bad history regarding the plight and treatment of blacks and the black community, but on the other hand we have a bunch of people that want to deny the obvious progress and improvement in that regard over the last half century plus. I've lived through the time period we're talking about and it's a very different world than it used to be in this regard - thank goodness.

Does that mean racism has been eliminated? Of course not and just like crazy lunatics will never be eliminated, individuals here and there who are bigots (that exist in all communities with varying skin colors and ethnicities) will never be totally eradicated. And by the way, all of them are wrong and all of them have counterproductive/divisive beliefs. The norm, however, is the vast majority are not racists or bigots, but since there is so much to gain politically by claiming that's not the case per those on the left, they'll never acknowledge it and will always claim the opposite is true.

As far as this terrible, deadly incident in Minneapolis, yes, it most definitely is a "one off" type of occurrence by some bad cops. Yes, sadly and tragically there are some bad cops out there (some of them even served at the highest levels of law enforcement during the Obama Administration), but the vast majority do anywhere from an adequate to an outstanding job of serving and protecting. It's both wholly inaccurate and ridiculous to portray this as some kind of widespread systemic problem. It isn't. It's a rare occurrence and hopefully the perpetrators of this crime will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

There are some bad, evil people in the USA in any legal profession/vocation you want to name, but the vast majority clearly aren't and when that small minority of bad/evil people commit a crime or atrocity it's absurd to paint everyone (or even the majority) in that profession/vocation as being the equivalent thereof - especially including law enforcement.

What a white washed version of our current world

You are absolutely clueless and instead of admitting it you frame the world that you see and experience as the absolute truth. Amazing
Jack Bauer
BUMBA1
Cap tried kneeling peacefully to raise awareness. There was a problem with that too.
TenBears
Sorry. Left out Jim Crow, Plessy v Ferguson, the post-war Klan, etc.
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

Remember when our country waited to see if justice would be served before rioting?

Justice has not been denied for George Floyd.

George Floyd has died in vain as people burn cities, communities and small business to the ground.

Sad.

Ought to play good in an election year for dimcratsthat got about nothing to offer
robby44
BUMBA1 said:

Cap tried kneeling peacefully to raise awareness. There was a problem with that too.

Two men were on a knee but it seems a large number of folks had more of a problem with the guy in a football uniform
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
robby44 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The riots and looting were coming no matter what. The murder of George Floyd was just the excuse to light the fuse.

Not true.
In the cases of Botham Jean (Dallas) and Atatiana Jefferson (Fort Worth) both of whom were killed in their homes there were zero riots. In fact hugs and bibles were offered to the killer Amber Guyger
You are preaching to the choir, my friend. Amber should be being passed around by the vilest, most disgusting dykes in the Texas prison system until the day she dies. She murdered a dude in his own apartment.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
PartyBear
Johnny Bear said:

BUMBA1 said:

fubar said:

riflebear said:

And it is obviously being vigorously and seriously investigated from the federal justice department on down with I'm sure serious prosecution to come - but why do the civilized thing and let the justice system do its job? Let's riot and pillage and plunder people who had absolutely nothing to do with this while the getting is good!

And in the aftermath, be sure to keep scratching your head and wondering why business entrepreneurs are hesitant to open job creating businesses in your neighborhood.

The Justice system doing its job for anyone else would be seeing enough probable cause to have made an arrest days ago. The defendant would get a bond amount set and would bond out if he could afford it. The investigation would continue. You don't wait until it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to make the arrest. Incidentally if the cops involved were treated like everyone else in this way a lot of this social unrest would not be occurring tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.