Riots & Looting

65,233 Views | 827 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
Herron2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearFan33 said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Remember when our country waited to see if justice would be served before rioting?

Justice has not been denied for George Floyd.

George Floyd has died in vain as people burn cities, communities and small business to the ground.

Sad.

George Floyd is dead. Killed by the state without due process of law. I don't know if there is a more perfect example of "justice denied."
By that logic, every criminal cop or government employee being brought to justice (incarcerated/death penalty) isn't really justice.

Is this your view?

My view is the Mr. Floyd did not receive justice
Justice is slow.

If this cop is found guilty of murder, is that justice?

We both know preventing what happened is impossible.
disagree with bolded. cops need to be trained differently.

Your statement about cops needing to be trained differently is far too broad. In my experience as a prosecutor, a criminal defense attorney and the father of a police officer, police officers receive a staggering amount of training in due process, human rights and protecting others (regardless of race, etc.). Your kind of statement is ignorant, irresponsible and possibly even dangerous for the vast majority of well trained police officers who serve simply to protect others.
Thee University
bularry said:

This is the problem

No one said whites were out hunting minorities, you idiot
Rhodes Scholar Lebron James - "We're literally hunted EVERYDAY/EVERYTIME we step foot outside the comfort of our homes!

Idiot!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Bearitto
Herron2 said:

BearFan33 said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Remember when our country waited to see if justice would be served before rioting?

Justice has not been denied for George Floyd.

George Floyd has died in vain as people burn cities, communities and small business to the ground.

Sad.

George Floyd is dead. Killed by the state without due process of law. I don't know if there is a more perfect example of "justice denied."
By that logic, every criminal cop or government employee being brought to justice (incarcerated/death penalty) isn't really justice.

Is this your view?

My view is the Mr. Floyd did not receive justice
Justice is slow.

If this cop is found guilty of murder, is that justice?

We both know preventing what happened is impossible.
disagree with bolded. cops need to be trained differently.

Your statement about cops needing to be trained differently is far too broad. In my experience as a prosecutor, a criminal defense attorney and the father of a police officer, police officers receive a staggering amount of training in due process, human rights and protecting others (regardless of race, etc.). Your kind of statement is ignorant, irresponsible and possibly even dangerous for the vast majority of well trained police officers who serve simply to protect others.

Cops don't face prosecution or jail often because cops die in prison and everyone knows it. Perhaps it's time to throw more of the oath breakers to the wolves and let that solve the problem.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

bularry said:

This is the problem

Rhodes Scholar Lebron James - "We're literally hunted EVERYDAY/EVERYTIME we step foot outside the comfort of our homes!

Idiot!
Did he really say this? I am skeptical. Surely he is smarter than that.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Bearitto
fubar said:

Yes. You truly are an imbecile.

Mirror mirror on the wall, have you any brains at all?
fubar
Some of you seem to be more outraged by rioting and looting than you do about a police officer killing a man who was subdued and unable to resist arrest.

I find that to be astounding.
Doc Holliday
syme said:

notbubbleboy said:

LOL about "how far we've come". That's a pretty damned low bar. We started out with white landowners torturing/killing/impregnating slaves. Then we went to bands of malicious rednecks, often with law enforcement support lynching/torturing black Americans for "acting uppity" and talking to white women. Now they are being killed for jogging, selling cigarettes and passing fake twenties.

Wow nice timeline there. Really captures the subtle nuances in the 243 year history of America's race relations. Somewhere between the malicious red necks and cigarettes, a black man became President of the United States.
Lol
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Animals.

-- Barack Obama
PartyBear
This is essentially a RWNJ board on steroids. That is why.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
PartyBear said:

Animals

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
fubar said:

Some of you seem to be more outraged by rioting and looting than you do about a police officer killing a man who was subdued and unable to resist arrest.

I'm extremely outraged! Look what this cop created, all this chaos and most importantly, a life taken that NEVER should have happened!

I understand the anger. I really do. This was unacceptable.
fubar
PartyBear said:

Too true on too many occasions.

Message boards seem to lend themselves to people talking at each other, rather than listening to and talking to each other. I'm every bit as guilty of it as is anybody else.

{ shrug }
fubar
Doc Holliday said:

fubar said:

I'm extremely outraged! Look what this cop created, all this chaos and most importantly, a life taken that NEVER should have happened!

Good post, right here, thank you for listening and responding.

I understand the outrage directed at the opportunists using this as an excuse to loot. Perhaps we have some point of agreement at which to start an actual conversation?
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

bularry said:

This is the problem

Idiot!
Did he really say this? I am skeptical. Surely he is smarter than that.
https://www.essentiallysports.com/nba-news-were-literally-hunted-everyday-lebron-james-voices-out-his-anger-after-the-tragic-killing-of-ahmaud-arbery/

Rhodes Scholar HS graduate.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Minnesota burning. Where is New Democratic superstar and voice of reason Ilhan Omar? Does she have an opinion or anything to say?

-- Barack Obama
Thee University
fubar said:

CNN and other liberal _____hole media outlets have recently banned the use of the word RIOT. They are now telling their reporters to use the word PROTEST.

Whiskey Pete
fubar said:

I'm outraged by both
Bearitto
fubar said:

Yeah, rioting and looting is dangerous to everyone, even non-criminals. Why on earth might innocent people be more concerned with a complete breakdown of civil society than a bad thing that happened to one guy?

Honestly, if you are astonished by that, you are a complete moron. But that's not news. We've known that about you for a while.
Bruce Leroy
fubar said:

Who?

Name them if you are so astonished.
riflebear
BUMBA1
Given that blacks are 12% of the population....this makes sense. I think if you look at it proportionally, you'll find that blacks are affected at a much higher rate than whites. But Tucker knows that.
Bearitto
BUMBA1 said:

Given that blacks are 12% of the population....this makes sense. I think if you look at it proportionally, you'll find that blacks are affected at a much higher rate than whites. But Tucker knows that.

They also make up 50%+ of all murderers and FAR out of proportion in virtually every single violent crime category. But I'm sure you knew that. When blacks commit more than double the violent crimes than whites as a percentage of population (Quadruple the murders), why would whites be killed more often?

Trying to make this a racial issue doesn't make blacks look like victims. It highlights why black interactions with police happen so often and makes black America look pretty bad. It's better to focus on actual issues like one off instances of oath breaker cops.
BaylorOkie
fubar said:

Doc Holliday said:

fubar said:

Good post, right here, thank you for listening and responding.

I understand the outrage directed at the opportunists using this as an excuse to loot. Perhaps we have some point of agreement at which to start an actual conversation?

I don't think that's allowed here.
BaylorTaxman
CNN's live crew on site was just arrested on air...so the anchors are now outraged, The state police even confiscated the camera, but did not turn it off. So CNN is carrying a live feed - via small window on the screen - of the camera being transported.

I am ready for 2021. Or maybe 1981...IDK..

Bearitto
BaylorTaxman said:

CNN's live crew on site was just arrested on air...so the anchors are now outraged, The state police even confiscated the camera, but did not turn it off. So CNN is carrying a live feed - via small window on the screen - of the camera being transported.

Somalia gonna Somalia
BaylorOkie
BaylorTaxman said:

I just watched that. Complete mess.
BaylorBJM
"When the economy crashes, when the country goes to total hell and everything is a disaster, then you'll have riots to go back to where we used to be when we were great."

-President Donald Trump

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/09/03/youll-have-riots-go-back-where-we-used-be-when-we-were-great-trump-often-sees-bright-side-economic-crashes/%3foutputType=amp
Florda_mike
D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

D. C. Bear said:

Thee University said:

notbubbleboy said:

LOL about "how far we've come". That's a pretty damned low bar. We started out with white landowners torturing/killing/impregnating slaves. Then we went to bands of malicious rednecks, often with law enforcement support lynching/torturing black Americans for "acting uppity" and talking to white women. Now they are being killed for jogging, selling cigarettes and passing fake twenties.
BS! What is wrong with abiding by the requests or orders of authorities? With each passing year I see more and more dumb@$$es that blatantly disregard law enforcement. We are becoming a nation of spoiled yet entitled idiots who believe that no laws or rules pertain to them. When a cop tells me to do something I do it immediately no matter if guilty or not.

So what in the hell do you want done now?

America has been the best country on earth for African Americans. 600,000 Africans, brought here primarily by black slave traders, grew into a community of 40 million in this horrible country. Remember, Lincoln wanted to send all freed slaves/blacks to Liberia.

Africans were introduced to Christian salvation here. They reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity black folks have ever known here.

Yes, slavery is horrendous. It still goes on today in some countries. Yes, some Americans owned slaves. Yes, some slaves were mistreated. The overwhelmingly vast majority of Americans never owned a slave nor desired to. It happened. It has taken longer than it should to undo a terrible wrong.

No people anywhere have done more to lift up blacks than those wicked and evil white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We live in an environment where way too many folks (black, white, brown, yellow & red) consistently want more free "stuff" NOW and live beyond their means that they either did or did not prepare for. Whites are NOT out hunting, killing and robbing blacks, browns or yellows.

Is it your contention that killing Mr. Floyd was justified?
Is that your comprehension?

No, it is just a question to clarify your position. You are complaining about people not complying with law enforcement.
It is my contention, however, that all slaves were mistreated. Some were mistreated more than others.

Slavery has been over for a little while

Except those still blindly voting democrat and accepting welfare/food stamps
Jack and DP
Florda_mike
Jack and DP said:

Read his post

It's insanity like the one I just read from LIQ

He speaks of peace and riots in seme breath

These people need locked up in insane asylums
Doc Holliday
Apparently the cop that killed George Floyd worked with each other for 17 years!!!

That's a pretty big thing to leave out of this story.
Jack and DP
Doc Holliday said:

Apparently the cop that killed George Floyd worked with each other for 17 years!!!

That's a pretty big thing to leave out of this story.

Something strange about that, for sure.
BaylorBJM
Jack and DP said:

Remember, some people had a problem when he peacefully kneeled too.
Jack and DP
I agree with Colin on the right to fight back. He just might not like the outcome.
And is he in the street fighting, or hanging out in a multi-million dollar pad tweeting?
Mitch Henessey
syme said:

notbubbleboy said:

Wow nice timeline there. Really captures the subtle nuances in the 243 year history of America's race relations. Somewhere between the malicious red necks and cigarettes, a black man became President of the United States.
He did? Wow. I guess we solved it, then. No more need to progress any further as a society.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.