Where You At, NBA?

9,158 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Keyser Soze
br53
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Booray said:

br53 said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

The POTUS tear gassed peaceful protestors so he could take a ridiculous photo op holding a Bible up like some kinds of trophy.

And folks criticize someone for remarking about it. Truly unbelievable.
That's funny. I never saw Trump shooting teargas? I did see police forces in Democrat-run urban areas deploying it, however.

Buffoons are in complete denial about the buffoon in chief.

It happened. They cleared the park before curfew, using rubber billets and tear gas. So the buffoon could take a picture.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/backlash-use-tear-gas-against-dc-protesters-prior-trump-visit
Hmmm, the a White House has been under attack and 50 Secret Service Agents were injured defending it. Maybe the protests weren't as peaceful as you say they were.

Maybe you don't torch people today for what others did last night? There were no reports of violence from Lafayette Park when the tear gas and rubber bullets started. They were clearly making a path for the President to walk to St. John's for his photo op.

Own it-that is who we have in the White House
Maybe you dont demand that white people today apologize for things that they didnt do. Maybe you demand apologies from those who committed the wrong doing?

I have never demanded that white people today apologize for the sins of the past.
Not meant directly at you just like you werent directing yours at anyone in particular.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
Booray
br53 said:

Booray said:

br53 said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

The POTUS tear gassed peaceful protestors so he could take a ridiculous photo op holding a Bible up like some kinds of trophy.

That's funny. I never saw Trump shooting teargas? I did see police forces in Democrat-run urban areas deploying it, however.

It happened. They cleared the park before curfew, using rubber billets and tear gas. So the buffoon could take a picture.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/backlash-use-tear-gas-against-dc-protesters-prior-trump-visit
Hmmm, the a White House has been under attack and 50 Secret Service Agents were injured defending it. Maybe the protests weren't as peaceful as you say they were.

Maybe you don't torch people today for what others did last night? There were no reports of violence from Lafayette Park when the tear gas and rubber bullets started. They were clearly making a path for the President to walk to St. John's for his photo op.

Maybe you dont demand that white people today apologize for things that they didnt do. Maybe you demand apologies from those who committed the wrong doing?

I have never demanded that white people today apologize for the sins of the past.
Not meant directly at you just like you werent directing yours at anyone in particular.
Sorry if I was unclear, but mine were directed at Donald Trump.

And it is clear the new GOP message is:

Yes the protesters were moved by force, because they wouldn't leave voluntarily (not because they were violent). We needed them to leave so the President could walk to the church and get his photo op.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/politics/congress-republican-reaction-trump-church/index.html
br53
I wasnt there and I am just finished with trying to argue for or against any videos on the internet when I dont know if they were edited anymore. Just over the whole media. Still havent seen a video to show me how George Floyd ended up on the ground. I really want to know what if anything is on the body cam for the police officers involved and if anyone has the video showing the incident before he was on the ground.
GhettoHEBear
br53 said:

I wasnt there and I am just finished with trying to argue for or against any videos on the internet when I dont know if they were edited anymore. Just over the whole media. Still havent seen a video to show me how George Floyd ended up on the ground. I really want to know what if anything is on the body cam for the police officers involved and if anyone has the video showing the incident before he was on the ground.
If the video of George Floyd before being knocked on the ground shows him charging at the police with a battle axe it would make zero difference. The rioters and looters would continue and the Trump Derangement syndrome would still be on full display here.
Baylor Mafioso
br53
GhettoHEBear said:

br53 said:

If the video of George Floyd before being knocked on the ground shows him charging at the police with a battle axe it would make zero difference. The rioters and looters would continue and the Trump Derangement syndrome would still be on full display here.
I just want to see how he ended up on the ground. It wont bring him back and wont change the outcome of the riots and looting and killings that have happened before or after the fact. Just want to see it. Curiosity killed the cat.
Booray
Today the GOP and its media arm have said:

1) The DC Park police made the independent decision to remove the protesters from Lafayette Park (the Britt Hume story);

2) The Secret Service decided to remove the protesters to clear the lane for POTUS to get to St. John's (Senators Cornyn and Grassley);

3) The decision to clear the protesters was made by AG Barr late Sunday or early Monday based on damage done to building in the area before then, but not carried out until just before the President took his photo op stroll.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/ag-barr-ordered-protesters-cleared-park-trump-visit-190223472.html

What a freaking clown show.
HuMcK
It's not a bug, it's a feature. Flood the stream with enough mud to cloud the waters so people who don't pay attention can't/won't take a position. The bad faith supporters will use that as a defense to claim that they can't sort through the narratives to find the truth, and therefore can't criticize anything. It's what Fadskier is doing in this thread, for example.
fubar
Booray said:

Mothra said:

Link regarding the protestors being peaceful and tear gas being used?
Here is a video of it happening.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/02/donald-trump-church-photo-op-george-floyd-protest-bash-pkg-vpx-es.cnn
It absolutely happened. I was waiting to hear Trump's Rose Garden statement -- from my chair at home -- and watched it unfold. More and more security people kept flooding in. Bill Barr was easy to spot in the close background watching. The security people started moving aggressively, and canisters of something were tossed at the protesters ... based on the smoke and the fact that several were washing their eyes out a few moments later, it sure looked like some form of tear gas to me.

As far as peaceful, I didn't hear a word that should've been bleeped, and I didn't see anything thrown at security people until a couple of retreating protesters seemed to try to toss the canisters back at security.

It was a shameful spectacle. All done so that Trump could show he was the Big Brave Man Holding a Bible.

All we needed was Bull Connor and the firehoses to complete the picture.
syme
Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

By "last night", do you mean the last four nights in a row?
Booray
syme said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

By "last night", do you mean the last four nights in a row?
I mean the "Rule of Law" includes not punishing people for crimes they did not commit. It means not assuming that all people protesting are the same people. It means allowing people their rights of free speech and peaceable assembly.
fubar
br53 said:

GhettoHEBear said:

br53 said:

I just want to see how he ended up on the ground. It wont bring him back and wont change the outcome of the riots and looting and killings that have happened before or after the fact. Just want to see it. Curiosity killed the cat.
I don't think that particular video exists.

From what I have seen, Floyd was cuffed, hands behind his back. (There are reports that he initially resisted being cuffed, but those videos don't seem to exist either.) Floyd was put into the cruiser, cuffed, and apparently started whining about being claustrophobic. The cops opened both back doors in an attempt to drag him out. Officer Knee-to-the Neck slammed one of those doors shut, there is video of that, with no Floyd in tow. Apparently two others dragged Floyd out the other door, though you can't see it.

I surmise that Floyd was never upright upon being pulled from the cruiser. I could be wrong, there isn't video to confirm/deny.

And, as you said, it wouldn't change anything.
Booray
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

Popovich and Kerr would be nobodies without a few superstars that grossly elevated their reputations on the court. Without Duncan, Parker and Manu the Spur are .500 to .600 teams.

Popovich is on his way out anyway so now he gets outspoken about Trump, riots, looting, etc??? The NBA, NFL, MLB and all sports will wait until they see which way the wind is blowing before they put their public relations teams into action. It will be sickening if there is a season as high school educated players tell the nation how to act.

Those in-bred sports franchises are no doubt filming tear jerking stories highlighting the sacrifices the millionaire players have made to help quell the thugs.
I can't stand Pops politics but this is silly. Pop and staff made Manu and Parker into stars, not the other way around. Oh, and without Jordan and Pippen the 90s Bulls woulda sucked. So?
Are you kidding me? Manu was the best player internationally before he got to the Spurs. Parker was the best French player.

RC Buford built the Spurs. RC is not a coach.
Slow down there, Tex. Manu was a great player, but Dirk holds the distinction of best foreign player (if that's what you mean), and it's not even close.
That's your opinion. I'd take Manu over Dirk any day in building a dynasty. Tim Duncan certainly did not hurt and he was a "foreign" player too.
The US Virgin Islands is part of the US.

You will also never be a NBA GM.
Thee University
Jack and DP said:

Instead, we get this

Steve Kerr.

The player who used to wink at and flirt with my wife during Spurs games.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
robby44
fubar said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/02/donald-trump-church-photo-op-george-floyd-protest-bash-pkg-vpx-es.cnn
It absolutely happened. I was waiting to hear Trump's Rose Garden statement -- from my chair at home -- and watched it unfold. More and more security people kept flooding in. Bill Barr was easy to spot in the close background watching. The security people started moving aggressively, and canisters of something were tossed at the protesters ... based on the smoke and the fact that several were washing their eyes out a few moments later, it sure looked like some form of tear gas to me.

As far as peaceful, I didn't hear a word that should've been bleeped, and I didn't see anything thrown at security people until a couple of retreating protesters seemed to try to toss the canisters back at security.

It was a shameful spectacle. All done so that Trump could show he was the Big Brave Man Holding a Bible.

Rubber bullets and tear gas

One of America's closest and most dependable allies. Rendered speechless.' Riot police near White House hit Australian reporter

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/one-of-americas-closest-and-most-dependable-allies-rendered-speechless-riot-police-near-white-house-hit-australian-reporter-with-truncheon-ram-cameraman-2020-06-02
Keyser Soze
Mothra
Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

You may be right. I acknowledge that. And I agree the photo op was ridiculous and cheesy, and it backfired.

I'm just saying, it's hard to trust CNN when its own president has made statements that are clearly biased against Trump. I also wonder if this is the same crowd that desecrated the church.
I don't trust what Don Lemon says-I do trust what the video shows.
Problem is, it's edited. And it doesn't show what was going on beforehand.

Again, I am not saying you're wrong or the reporting is wrong. I just don't have the context.

As for CNN, its bias pretty much extends across the network, IMO.
Here is pretty raw footage from Fox. It doesn't give you the overhead, but it does not appear to be anything inconsistent with CNN's reporting. Interestingly, the reporter in the middle of it says they were told earlier in the day that this might happen.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6160956122001
So, now we know the reporting of tear gas was false. See what I mean? Context and factual reporting matter. Too often, it has disappeared from a media that seems more interested in propagating a narrative.
Mothra
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

Popovich and Kerr would be nobodies without a few superstars that grossly elevated their reputations on the court. Without Duncan, Parker and Manu the Spur are .500 to .600 teams.

Popovich is on his way out anyway so now he gets outspoken about Trump, riots, looting, etc??? The NBA, NFL, MLB and all sports will wait until they see which way the wind is blowing before they put their public relations teams into action. It will be sickening if there is a season as high school educated players tell the nation how to act.

Those in-bred sports franchises are no doubt filming tear jerking stories highlighting the sacrifices the millionaire players have made to help quell the thugs.
I can't stand Pops politics but this is silly. Pop and staff made Manu and Parker into stars, not the other way around. Oh, and without Jordan and Pippen the 90s Bulls woulda sucked. So?
Are you kidding me? Manu was the best player internationally before he got to the Spurs. Parker was the best French player.

Slow down there, Tex. Manu was a great player, but Dirk holds the distinction of best foreign player (if that's what you mean), and it's not even close.
That's your opinion. I'd take Manu over Dirk any day in building a dynasty. Tim Duncan certainly did not hurt and he was a "foreign" player too.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Delusional Spurs fans are always a hoot.
Mothra
fubar said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

It was smoke bombs, which don't burn eyes. And the protesters in question are part of the same group that looted the church, and broke into businesses in the area. And worst of all, they weren't social distancing (oh, I forgot, we don't care about that anymore).
Mothra
Booray said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

LOL. Thee must have skipped geography at Baylor.
Stranger
Booray said:

The POTUS tear gassed peaceful protesters so he could take a ridiculous photo op holding a Bible up like some kinds of trophy.

I'm not arguing any other point except one.
The park police and many other witnesses have said that NO tear gas was used by anybody in this incident. Some media, the bishop and even Biden perpetuated that falsehood.
I'm a Bearbacker
fubar
Mothra said:

fubar said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

It was smoke bombs, which don't burn eyes. And the protesters in question are part of the same group that looted the church, and broke into businesses in the area. And worst of all, they weren't social distancing (oh, I forgot, we don't care about that anymore).
The protesters I saw yesterday were peaceful. I do not doubt some would've eventually reverted to illegal acts, but it was a peaceful protest yesterday when the security people started plowing forward to break them up.

As to smoke bombs not burning eyes, people were clearly having issues with their eyes. I've been tear gassed (USAF, training, not me protesting anything). I could relate to what I was seeing.

And I do not believe for one second that CNN had the time to selectively edit footage as it was ongoing, even if you actually believe it does that.
sombear
More and more reporting that the protests in Lafayette Park were violent before Trump went out there. And there's an official statement from US Park Police. I loved the idea of Trump going to the iconic church the animals burned, but it was poorly executed and very awkward, especially holding the Bible.
Jack Bauer
sombear said:

More and more reporting that the protests in Lafayette Park were violent before Trump went out there. And there's an official statement from US Park Police. I loved the idea of Trump going to the iconic church the animals burned, but it was poorly executed and very awkward, especially holding the Bible.

He should have replaced the Bible with the middle finger.
sombear
Jack Bauer said:

sombear said:

He should have replaced the Bible with the middle finger.

Now you're talkin
GhettoHEBear
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Let's let the rings speak for themselves.

My favorite thing about Dirk was how he kicked that treadmills ass when he was so upset about 1 seed Mavs getting knocked off in the first round of the playoffs by 8 seed Baron Davis' Warriors in 2007. The Spurs went on to win it all that year
Baylor Mafioso
Porteroso
Booray said:

The POTUS tear gassed peaceful protesters so he could take a ridiculous photo op holding a Bible up like some kinds of trophy.
The idea that he's ever read it is hilarious. Not the first time in history a narcissistic psychopath like him used Christianity for his own gain...

And yet there are idiots on this board that don't think NBA coaches should be allowed to criticize the President. It's called America folks, read a book about it or something.
Mothra
fubar said:

Mothra said:

fubar said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

The protesters I saw yesterday were peaceful. I do not doubt some would've eventually reverted to illegal acts, but it was a peaceful protest yesterday when the security people started plowing forward to break them up.

As to smoke bombs not burning eyes, people were clearly having issues with their eyes. I've been tear gassed (USAF, training, not me protesting anything). I could relate to what I was seeing.

And I do not believe for one second that CNN had the time to selectively edit footage as it was ongoing, even if you actually believe it does that.
With respect to your last point, the video booray posted was indeed edited. I thought that was the footage you were referencing.

The protestors in question had control of that area for a few days, and many businesses were broken into, windows smashed, and the church set on fire. While I agree that at the moment it did not appear the protestors were violent in the face of the police presence (smart choice), they had been - for a couple of days.
Mothra
GhettoHEBear said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

Let's let the rings speak for themselves.

My favorite thing about Dirk was how he kicked that treadmills ass when he was so upset about 1 seed Mavs getting knocked off in the first round of the playoffs by 8 seed Baron Davis' Warriors in 2007. The Spurs went on to win it all that year
Ah yes, the rings argument - more hilarious Spurs logic. So, is Robert Horry better than Karl Malone and Charles Barkley because he has rings? And I suppose Tony Parker is better that Isaiah because he has more rings?

Always hilarious when fans try to pretend like basketball is not a team sport. Make no mistake: Manu was a great player, but he was a cog in a machine that benefited greatly from playing beside one of the greatest players of all time. He wasn't even in the same stratosphere as Dirk.
Booray
Stranger said:

Booray said:

I'm not arguing any other point except one.
The park police and many other witnesses have said that NO tear gas was used by anybody in this incident. Some media, the bishop and even Biden perpetuated that falsehood.
Yeah, what they didn't say but what has now come out is that they used "pepper balls" which also contain irritants had have the same impact on people's eyes (don't know about respiratory). So it is just Orwellian semantic BS you are hearing.

It smells like tear gas, it acts like tear gas but its a "lie" to call it tear gas?
Booray
Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

You may be right. I acknowledge that. And I agree the photo op was ridiculous and cheesy, and it backfired.

I'm just saying, it's hard to trust CNN when its own president has made statements that are clearly biased against Trump. I also wonder if this is the same crowd that desecrated the church.

Again, I am not saying you're wrong or the reporting is wrong. I just don't have the context.

Here is pretty raw footage from Fox. It doesn't give you the overhead, but it does not appear to be anything inconsistent with CNN's reporting. Interestingly, the reporter in the middle of it says they were told earlier in the day that this might happen.

So, now we know the reporting of tear gas was false. See what I mean? Context and factual reporting matter. Too often, it has disappeared from a media that seems more interested in propagating a narrative.
What we know is that they used pepper balls instead of tear gas and hid behind the semantics.
Keyser Soze
Apparently "All Lives Matter" is racist

br53
Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

What we know is that they used pepper balls instead of tear gas and hid behind the semantics.
Should have used salt and pepper balls to avoid calls of racism.
Thee University
GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

RC Buford contributed greatly. But please don't tell me that the front office and a nineteen year old French player made an undeserving coach one of the greatest of all time. It just doesn't work like that.
That teenage French kid helped the Spurs win 4 of their 5 NBA Championships. How many did Herman Munster the German lead the Mavs to? 1
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
Mothra said:

Booray said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

They did not offer geography in Hankamer.

Besides, how often does anybody acknowledge the Virgin Islands as the US????????
br53
Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Thee University said:

Mothra said:

Thee University said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

They did not offer geography in Hankamer.

Besides, how often does anybody acknowledge the Virgin Islands as the US????????
Well there are the Spanish, British and US Virgin Islands. And a ton of those in the sportfishing world clarify between them. So mostly people with brains and countries that acknowledge them as territories.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.