Where You At, NBA?

9,246 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Keyser Soze
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

Popovich and Kerr would be nobodies without a few superstars that grossly elevated their reputations on the court. Without Duncan, Parker and Manu the Spur are .500 to .600 teams.

Popovich is on his way out anyway so now he gets outspoken about Trump, riots, looting, etc??? The NBA, NFL, MLB and all sports will wait until they see which way the wind is blowing before they put their public relations teams into action. It will be sickening if there is a season as high school educated players tell the nation how to act.

Those in-bred sports franchises are no doubt filming tear jerking stories highlighting the sacrifices the millionaire players have made to help quell the thugs.
I can't stand Pops politics but this is silly. Pop and staff made Manu and Parker into stars, not the other way around. Oh, and without Jordan and Pippen the 90s Bulls woulda sucked. So?
Are you kidding me? Manu was the best player internationally before he got to the Spurs. Parker was the best French player.

RC Buford built the Spurs. RC is not a coach.
Slow down there, Tex. Manu was a great player, but Dirk holds the distinction of best foreign player (if that's what you mean), and it's not even close.
Booray
GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

https://twitter.com/brithume/status/1267817562357641216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1267817562357641216&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsicem365.com%2Fforums%2F7%2Ftopics%2F67177%2F17

Now it's being reported no tear gas was used. Oops!

Looks like you're a victim of the MSM, Booray.

Just a couple points above you said that there was no way they would move POTUS through the protestors. Now you are willing to believe that clearing the protestors was not coordinated with the White House, he was just going to walk through a bunch that were allegedly throwing rocks at the police.

Really? You actually believe that?
I don't even understand what you're saying.

I'm saying that your narrative that Trump ordered innocents to be tear gassed was almost certainly wrong. And now it turns out that tear gas wasn't even used according to reports. So I think I'm on target here.

Go back to the upside down Bible. It's the best thing you got.
You are completely off target.

First, here is the video of the event:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/02/donald-trump-church-photo-op-george-floyd-protest-bash-pkg-vpx-es.cnn

The police actors where military and secret service. The park police-who are the source of Hume's report-had nothing to do with it. Also, the video clearly shows that protesters were peaceful when it happened.

Second, it makes zero sense that they would move the President through a protest and not coordinate that movement with the police, which is the conclusion you are drawing.

Third, it may be that Trump did not say "I want them tear gassed." That doesn't get him off the hook. He is responsible for the decisions those around him make. Someone obviously told the secret service and the MPs to disperse the crowd. If those giving the orders to disburse did not understand how that would happen, they are guilty of gross negligence.

You can ignore the video if you want, but it is just more willful ignorance on the part of buffoons for Trump.
Mothra
Booray said:

Mothra said:

Link regarding the protestors being peaceful and tear gas being used?
Here is a video of it happening.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/02/donald-trump-church-photo-op-george-floyd-protest-bash-pkg-vpx-es.cnn
Hard to tell from that video whether the protestors were peaceful. It only shows what they were doing when the police arrived, and not beforehand. Are these the same protestors that set the church on fire? One can't tell.

Bottom line is, I don't trust CNN to give accurate reporting, so let's just say I take the video montage with a huge grain of salt.
ScruffyD
I am sure it was all staged
Booray
Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Link regarding the protestors being peaceful and tear gas being used?
Here is a video of it happening.

Hard to tell from that video whether the protestors were peaceful. It only shows what they were doing when the police arrived, and not beforehand. Are these the same protestors that set the church on fire? One can't tell.

Bottom line is, I don't trust CNN to give accurate reporting, so let's just say I take the video montage with a huge grain of salt.
The police where there all day. They hadn't felt the need to do anything all day. There is no video of protesters being violent. And suddenly the police disperse the protesters. The President happens to come through minutes later. But hey, were not really sure why the police moved to disperse.

I realize its not a video of him shooting someone on Fifth Avenue, but come on.

Edit: But good point about Dirk.
Mothra
You may be right. I acknowledge that. And I agree the photo op was ridiculous and cheesy, and it backfired.

I'm just saying, it's hard to trust CNN when its own president has made statements that are clearly biased against Trump. I also wonder if this is the same crowd that desecrated the church.
Booray
Mothra said:

You may be right. I acknowledge that. And I agree the photo op was ridiculous and cheesy, and it backfired.

I'm just saying, it's hard to trust CNN when its own president has made statements that are clearly biased against Trump. I also wonder if this is the same crowd that desecrated the church.
I don't trust what Don Lemon says-I do trust what the video shows.
Mothra
Booray said:

Mothra said:

Problem is, it's edited. And it doesn't show what was going on beforehand.

Again, I am not saying you're wrong or the reporting is wrong. I just don't have the context.

As for CNN, its bias pretty much extends across the network, IMO.
Booray
Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Again, I am not saying you're wrong or the reporting is wrong. I just don't have the context.

Here is pretty raw footage from Fox. It doesn't give you the overhead, but it does not appear to be anything inconsistent with CNN's reporting. Interestingly, the reporter in the middle of it says they were told earlier in the day that this might happen.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6160956122001
fadskier
Booray said:

The POTUS tear gassed peaceful protestors so he could take a ridiculous photo op holding a Bible up like some kinds of trophy.

And folks criticize someone for remarking about it. Truly unbelievable.
That's false.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Jack and DP
I've watched the Secret Service work first hand multiple times. I get the Trump blame game. It's fun. But rest assured, how his security is handled is not his call.

And can we just get some ball games going? MLB? Anyone?
fadskier
Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Here is pretty raw footage from Fox. It doesn't give you the overhead, but it does not appear to be anything inconsistent with CNN's reporting. Interestingly, the reporter in the middle of it says they were told earlier in the day that this might happen.

"appear"

Your realize that things happen before and/or after cameras are turned on? That's why it is dangerous to believe just the video.
Jack and DP
This is why our Secret Service does its job.

Booray
fadskier said:

Booray said:

The POTUS tear gassed peaceful protestors so he could take a ridiculous photo op holding a Bible up like some kinds of trophy.

That's false.
I have posted two videos of Secret Service and MPs forcibly dispersing a peaceful crowd, one from Fox News. There are multiple witness accounts backing it up. But an anonymous source with the park police, who had nothing to do with the event, says otherwise. I think its true.
Osodecentx
Here's a list of things I've missed about the NBA:
Booray
Jack and DP said:

I've watched the Secret Service work first hand multiple times. I get the Trump blame game. It's fun. But rest assured, how his security is handled is not his call.

I agree and it is not the Secret Service's fault. They had a job to do and they did it. But Trump gets the blame because he knows how that job will get done and he decided to let it happen so he could take a stupid picture.
Jack and DP

GhettoHEBear
Bruin said:

robby44 said:

HuMcK said:

The bishop of the church was there on scene and she says you're wrong, along with clergy from several other churches in the area that were present. Completely peaceful, and the police moved in without warning, about 30min before curfew. They did this so Trump could go snap a photo of himself holding a bible that he's never read upside down. Trump has such a low opinion of evangelicals' intelligence that he believes even an obvious political stunt like that won't hurt his standing with them, and evidently he was right.

Yep

The Bible is not a prop': Religious leaders, lawmakers outraged over Trump church visit

Https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/religious-leaders-lawmakers-outraged-over-trump-church-visit-n1221876

I don't remember anyone making a big deal of Clinton's Bible prop...
Baylor Mafioso
Booray
fadskier said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

"appear"

Your realize that things happen before and/or after cameras are turned on? That's why it is dangerous to believe just the video.
There are cell phones on constantly. There are exterior cameras all over the place--this is right across from the White House. There were thousands of people there. Who or what supports the idea that the videos are deceptive?

One anonymous source from the Park Police who clearly did not have a role in what went on. You won't even believe your own eyes if Trump tells you not to..
fadskier
Booray said:

fadskier said:

Booray said:

That's false.
I have posted two videos of Secret Service and MPs forcibly dispersing a peaceful crowd, one from Fox News. There are multiple witness accounts backing it up. But an anonymous source with the park police, who had nothing to do with the event, says otherwise. I think its true.
You are free to think it is true...but you would think it's true anyway..because you want it to be. Did the videos show rocks being thrown? No...they show the reaction.

The problem with videos is that they start after instigation...remember the only elementary teacher saying...it's the reaction that always gets caught.

Mind you, I'm not saying that it didn't happen the way you believe. I'm just saying that there are two sides...one says it did, one says false. There are numerous reports on twitter that counter what you are saying.

Which brings me to my next point...maybe people shouldn't be so quick to judge based on a video or what someone says. We all need to wait until all of the facts come out.
Bruin
Because the only media standard is the double standard..
GhettoHEBear
Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

I agree and it is not the Secret Service's fault. They had a job to do and they did it. But Trump gets the blame because he knows how that job will get done and he decided to let it happen so he could take a stupid picture.
Trump Derangement Syndrome on display, folks.

White House attacked and 50-60 Secret Service Agents injured. Last time the White House was so endangered was when the British burned it down in the War of 1812. But all you want to do is play partisan games because you don't like the way the Secret Service and military are protecting the President.
Baylor Mafioso
Booray
fadskier said:

Booray said:

fadskier said:

Booray said:

That's false.
You are free to think it is true...but you would think it's true anyway..because you want it to be. Did the videos show rocks being thrown? No...they show the reaction.

The problem with videos is that they start after instigation...remember the only elementary teacher saying...it's the reaction that always gets caught.

Mind you, I'm not saying that it didn't happen the way you believe. I'm just saying that there are two sides...one says it did, one says false. There are numerous reports on twitter that counter what you are saying.

Which brings me to my next point...maybe people shouldn't be so quick to judge based on a video or what someone says. We all need to wait until all of the facts come out.
Are you saying that protesters were not cleared so the POTUS could do his photo op?

That they were cleared because they were violent and by happenstance and without coordination, minutes later, the POTUS traveled over that very spot? Does that make sense to you?
HuMcK
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was an awful lot of words to say a whole lot of nothing.
Booray
GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

Trump Derangement Syndrome on display, folks.

White House attacked and 50-60 Secret Service Agents injured. Last time the White House was so endangered was when the British burned it down in the War of 1812. But all you want to do is play partisan games because you don't like the way the Secret Service and military are protecting the President.
Anyone who attacks the police other than in self defense is a criminal and should go to jail.

Trump should not have pulled that stunt.

Those things are not mutually exclusive.
fadskier
Booray said:

fadskier said:

Booray said:

fadskier said:

Booray said:

That's false.

Are you saying that protesters were not cleared so the POTUS could do his photo op?

That they were cleared because they were violent and by happenstance and without coordination, minutes later, the POTUS traveled over that very spot? Does that make sense to you?
I'm saying that there are two sides. I am saying that US Park Police stated that projectiles were being thrown, so the square was cleared. I am saying that they have stated that tear gas was not used. I am saying that there is another side to the story as well that tear gas was used and that projectiles were not thrown.

People who are anti-Trump and get triggered on everything are going to believe one side and those who blindly support him will believe the other side.

I wasn't there so I don't know...but I can tell you that I am not triggered by either side.
CHP Bear
GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

Popovich and Kerr would be nobodies without a few superstars that grossly elevated their reputations on the court. Without Duncan, Parker and Manu the Spur are .500 to .600 teams.

Popovich is on his way out anyway so now he gets outspoken about Trump, riots, looting, etc??? The NBA, NFL, MLB and all sports will wait until they see which way the wind is blowing before they put their public relations teams into action. It will be sickening if there is a season as high school educated players tell the nation how to act.

Those in-bred sports franchises are no doubt filming tear jerking stories highlighting the sacrifices the millionaire players have made to help quell the thugs.
I can't stand Pops politics but this is silly. Pop and staff made Manu and Parker into stars, not the other way around. Oh, and without Jordan and Pippen the 90s Bulls woulda sucked. So?
Who are Pops, Manu and Parker? I focus on doctors, lawyers and Indian Chiefs as my roll models. Lawyers? Maybe I should rethink lawyers.
fadskier
Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

That's funny. I never saw Trump shooting teargas? I did see police forces in Democrat-run urban areas deploying it, however.

Buffoons are in complete denial about the buffoon in chief.

It happened. They cleared the park before curfew, using rubber billets and tear gas. So the buffoon could take a picture.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/backlash-use-tear-gas-against-dc-protesters-prior-trump-visit
This video show very little of the protest...but yes, let's generalize it for the whole thing, the entire time.
Booray
fadskier said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

That's funny. I never saw Trump shooting teargas? I did see police forces in Democrat-run urban areas deploying it, however.

It happened. They cleared the park before curfew, using rubber billets and tear gas. So the buffoon could take a picture.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/backlash-use-tear-gas-against-dc-protesters-prior-trump-visit
This video show very little of the protest...but yes, let's generalize it for the whole thing, the entire time.
The video shows what was going on at the time the order to disperse was executed. If someone threw a rock hours earlier, that was wrong but it was not the reason for the dispersal order.
Thee University
Mothra said:

Thee University said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

Are you kidding me? Manu was the best player internationally before he got to the Spurs. Parker was the best French player.

RC Buford built the Spurs. RC is not a coach.
Slow down there, Tex. Manu was a great player, but Dirk holds the distinction of best foreign player (if that's what you mean), and it's not even close.
That's your opinion. I'd take Manu over Dirk any day in building a dynasty. Tim Duncan certainly did not hurt and he was a "foreign" player too.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
CHP Bear said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Thee University said:

Who are Pops, Manu and Parker? I focus on doctors, lawyers and Indian Chiefs as my roll models. Lawyers? Maybe I should rethink lawyers.
Yes you should. Lawyers??????

Doctors are fast taking over as the most overrated minds that should be heard on a national political stage.

Maybe they are good jelly roll models.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
fadskier
Booray said:

fadskier said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

The video shows what was going on at the time the order to disperse was executed. If someone threw a rock hours earlier, that was wrong but it was not the reason for the dispersal order.
How do you know it wasn't the reason?
robby44
br53
Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

Hmmm, the a White House has been under attack and 50 Secret Service Agents were injured defending it. Maybe the protests weren't as peaceful as you say they were.

Maybe you don't torch people today for what others did last night? There were no reports of violence from Lafayette Park when the tear gas and rubber bullets started. They were clearly making a path for the President to walk to St. John's for his photo op.

Own it-that is who we have in the White House
Maybe you dont demand that white people today apologize for things that they didnt do. Maybe you demand apologies from those who committed the wrong doing?
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
Booray
br53 said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

GhettoHEBear said:

Booray said:

Hmmm, the a White House has been under attack and 50 Secret Service Agents were injured defending it. Maybe the protests weren't as peaceful as you say they were.

Maybe you don't torch people today for what others did last night? There were no reports of violence from Lafayette Park when the tear gas and rubber bullets started. They were clearly making a path for the President to walk to St. John's for his photo op.

Own it-that is who we have in the White House
Maybe you dont demand that white people today apologize for things that they didnt do. Maybe you demand apologies from those who committed the wrong doing?

I have never demanded that white people today apologize for the sins of the past.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.