Drew Brees and the Flag

8,338 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cinque
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

Tolerance.

Quote:

Former Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic caught so much flak for expressing support for President Donald Trump this week that he temporarily switched his Facebook page to private and deleted his Twitter account entirely. The backlash occurred after a screenshot of a pro-Trump post on Novoselic's personal Facebook account started to make the social media rounds.

These people don't believe in the Constitution or the rule of law. They will literally do anything to make sure the GOP and Trump don't win in 2020 and that includes shutting down free speech and destroying your life and livelihood if you say you support him. They despise what America stands for. If we think these protests are bad just wait until 'if' Trump wins or any Republican President.
WacoKelly83
Waco1947
ValhallaBear said:

Yeah and he's getting blow to bits on social media for it...by other top of their game athletes

If you don't take a knee and honor the party line there's going to be trouble

Exactly as planned
No. you are creating a straw man "party line."
Listen to him in his apology.

"I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused. In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character."
Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Yeah and he's getting blow to bits on social media for it...by other top of their game athletes

Exactly as planned

"I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused. In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character."
(That's hostage code for - Please give me my children back)
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Drew Brews publicly stating he respects the American flag and loves his country will probably mean the end of his career. What a Clown World we live in today.

The overpaid "woke" players in the NFL seem bound and determined to kill the golden goose. I think they will be successful.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jack Bauer
Ellen DeGeneres deletes tweet referring to 'people of color' after receiving backlash for not referring to 'black people'

You cannot outrun the twitter mob no matter how woke you think you are.
br53
Jack Bauer said:

Ellen DeGeneres deletes tweet referring to 'people of color' after receiving backlash for not referring to 'black people'

Another reason to stay off the twitter and myspace and facebook.
br53
br53 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Drew Brees is on cancel notice unless he wins the Super Bowl.

He doesn't care. He knows he is about to retire and doesn't care what anyone thinks. He is like your grandpa who is going to say what he thinks no matter who he pisses off because he knows in his heart that's how he feels. He is also pointing out the hypocrisy of those who say they want to talk about it and have an open conversation because he knows they don't want to talk about it unless you agree with them.
I was wrong. Apparently his marketing team, agent and others (think investors for his Restaurant). Already apologized.
Jack Bauer
Drew Brees awaiting confirmation from mob that he virtue signaled loud enough to be let out of social media hell.

https://instagr.am/p/CBA1P3gHpT_
br53
Jack Bauer said:

Drew Brees awaiting confirmation from mob that he virtue signaled loud enough to be let out of social media hell.

https://instagr.am/p/CBA1P3gHpT_
At this point he cannot win with either side.
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Exactly as planned

(That's hostage code for - Please give me my children back)
ValhallaBear
Rex Champman has 750K followers and is a huge social media influencer

We are 100% at the stage of thought policing now....it's just social media but pretty soon if Average Joe posts or says something that is not in total lockstep with the proper narrative you are going to be rained down on by everyone including the authorities

Laura Ingraham will be fired before next week

Nothing is ever going to be the same again

Doc Holliday
Oh yeah, we've crossed the line into justified character assassinations or even physical assault if you don't agree with the leftist mob.
Jack Bauer
Here we go...the next celebrity/twitter trend.

I hope Drew Brees posts this hashtag if he wants his family to be released.

Quote:

A catalog of celebrities have signed an open letter urging local communities to defund police department budgets.
Celebrities such as Jane Fonda, Lizzo, Natalie Portman, Megan Rapinoe, and others signed the letter, according to Rolling Stone, which urges people to vote to decrease funds going to police departments to instead have the money go toward healthcare and education.

"We call for defunding of police and for those dollars to be rerouted to create a public national healthcare system," the letter states, citing the Urban Institute's findings that police budgets have increased by 220% since 1977, estimating $194 billion was spent in 2017.

Art Vandelay
It was inevitable that the Leftist Thought Police would bring Brees to his knees. Resistance is futile.
br53
Jack Bauer said:

Here we go...the next celebrity/twitter trend.

I hope Drew Brees posts this hashtag if he wants his family to be released.

Quote:

A catalog of celebrities have signed an open letter urging local communities to defund police department budgets.
Celebrities such as Jane Fonda, Lizzo, Natalie Portman, Megan Rapinoe, and others signed the letter, according to Rolling Stone, which urges people to vote to decrease funds going to police departments to instead have the money go toward healthcare and education.

"We call for defunding of police and for those dollars to be rerouted to create a public national healthcare system," the letter states, citing the Urban Institute's findings that police budgets have increased by 220% since 1977, estimating $194 billion was spent in 2017.

I hope that they realize all these police officers are the ones that protect them when they are in public or at a concert. Some are in their uniform and others are working as "private security". I hope they all decide to stop providing them with security and let them deal with the nut jobs and stalkers.
Doc Holliday
Art Vandelay said:

It was inevitable that the Leftist Thought Police would bring Brees to his knees. Resistance is futile.
Its going to bleed into Corporate America.

Next we'll have mandatory 'privilege awareness' promoted by corporate HR's all over the US. You will be told that there's something sinister about your existence and you need to atone. If you disagree it will be grounds for removal.

That's where I think this is headed eventually.
Jack Bauer
"Jack, we looked at your facebook and Instagram and noticed you didn't post the latest virtue signaling hashtag. you have been placed on probation and face dismissal if you don't comply in 24 hours."
Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer said:

"Jack, we looked at your facebook and Instagram and noticed you didn't post the latest virtue signaling hashtag. you have been placed on probation and face dismissal if you don't comply in 24 hours."
"Today we have a mandatory meeting to hear a guest speaker discuss how you can help fight systemic racism in our company".

*Sits down, guest speaker is Talcum X.*
Waco1947
Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Exactly as planned

(That's hostage code for - Please give me my children back) Gratuitous and maybe racist, but I will have to think about it.
Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer said:

Im looking forward to Hollywood and media not being able to keep up with the radicalism and getting destroyed by the beast they created themselves.

It's going to be epic!
Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Exactly as planned

(That's hostage code for - Please give me my children back) Gratuitous and maybe racist, but I will have to think about it.

Go find a dictionary and look up racist...then delete this post and take a nap.

Waco1947
Art Vandelay said:

Are the "Leftist Thought Police" brothers to The Conservative Thought Police here who patrol and troll any differing opinion
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Go find a dictionary and look up racist...then delete this post and take a nap.

Racist statement because it presumes he acknowledges paternity and knows who his children are.
Jack Bauer
NY Times has to explain/apologize for....running an op-ed from a United States Senator.

Jack and DP
Jack Bauer
Bills rookie Jake Fromm apologized on Twitter for a private text-message comment he made back in 2019.

let that sink in....
br53
Jack Bauer said:

Bills rookie Jake Fromm apologized on Twitter for a private text-message comment he made back in 2019.

let that sink in....
He is getting cut.
Jack and DP
Jack Bauer said:

NY Times has to explain/apologize for....running an op-ed from a United States Senator.

But taliban is cool
Jack and DP
Mitch Blood Green
Jack and DP said:

He's right. We don't have to agree. He has teammates he's been with 10 years. If they can't disagree, then what?

All Drew has to do is get the ball out!
Doc Holliday
Mitch Blood Green
Doc Holliday said:

Isn't this the same thing done by the right to Kaepernick? Last I checked he has SuperBowl QB skills. No job.
Doc Holliday
tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Isn't this the same thing done by the right to Kaepernick? Last I checked he has SuperBowl QB skills. No job.
Yeah the NFL and NBA are so racist...all those millions and billions they pay to majority black athletes is so oppressive. I heard a black golfer was worth a billion dollars at one point.

Just wow bro.
Jack Bauer
tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Even Dennis Rodman was able to hold down a job b/c his skills outweighed his drama.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.