Drew Brees and the Flag

8,273 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cinque
STxBear81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amazing indeed. All lives matter. Do not understand the reason for Brees to apologize so strongly for his statement....at all. If laura Ingraham gets fired we are all screwed
Jack Bauer
Jack and DP said:

Jack Bauer said:

NY Times has to explain/apologize for....running an op-ed from a United States Senator.

But taliban is cool
Mitch Blood Green
Jack Bauer said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Isn't this the same thing done by the right to Kaepernick? Last I checked he has SuperBowl QB skills. No job.
Even Dennis Rodman was able to hold down a job b/c his skills outweighed his drama.

The only reason the players are on the field is because the Army pays sponsorship. Used to be the players were never out there. They were inside doing final prep.
Thee University
tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Isn't this the same thing done by the right to Kaepernick? Last I checked he has SuperBowl QB skills. No job.
Wasn't Obama President when he had the skills for 1 Super Bowl win? Or was it Bush?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Osodecentx
tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Check again
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Send her back home to Teheran and see what happens when she tries to pull a similar stunt.
Mitch Blood Green
Osodecentx said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Check again

Mitch Blood Green
Thee University said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Wasn't Obama President when he had the skills for 1 Super Bowl win? Or was it Bush?

Lots/Lots/Lots of QBs never sniff a Super Bowl. Tony Romo comes to mind.
Osodecentx
tommie said:

Osodecentx said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Check again

Video unavailable

Did he win? (I honestly don't know)

Edit: He never won a Super Bowl, but he did play in a Super Bowl (2012)
cms186
Osodecentx said:

tommie said:

Osodecentx said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Check again

Video unavailable

lost by 3, that was the Super Bowl in New Orleans where they had a major power cut mid game
I'm the English Guy
Mitch Blood Green
Osodecentx said:

tommie said:

Osodecentx said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Check again

Video unavailable

They lost. One of the better games. 34/31 Ravens.
Osodecentx
tommie said:

Osodecentx said:

tommie said:

Osodecentx said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Check again

Video unavailable

They lost. One of the better games. 34/31 Ravens.

2012?
Flaming Moderate
Brees was 100% right. Just because black wimps can't take it, he should not have apologized. His statement was great.
Mothra
tommie said:

Thee University said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Tony was WAY better than Kap. Football is a team sport.
whitetrash
Never forget that Trent Dilfer is a super bowl winning quarterback.
Mothra
So, we now live in a country that if you do not think of the flag as representing a racist and morally bankrupt country, you will be canceled. Think about that for a moment.
Thee University
tommie said:

Thee University said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

TEAM
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
riflebear
Jack Bauer said:

Here we go...the next celebrity/twitter trend.

I hope Drew Brees posts this hashtag if he wants his family to be released.

Quote:

A catalog of celebrities have signed an open letter urging local communities to defund police department budgets.
Celebrities such as Jane Fonda, Lizzo, Natalie Portman, Megan Rapinoe, and others signed the letter, according to Rolling Stone, which urges people to vote to decrease funds going to police departments to instead have the money go toward healthcare and education.

"We call for defunding of police and for those dollars to be rerouted to create a public national healthcare system," the letter states, citing the Urban Institute's findings that police budgets have increased by 220% since 1977, estimating $194 billion was spent in 2017.

If I was a criminal and the police was paused for a few weeks or done away with Legends house would be one of the first I would loot and break into. That little wuss couldn't sing his way out and would be begging for police to come help.
Mitch Blood Green
Mothra said:

tommie said:

Thee University said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Tony was WAY better than Kap. Football is a team sport.

He was. I don't want this to disparaging towards him. (Romo). My point is, a guy who can get a team to a Super Bowl and an NFC Championship game has enough skills to be in the NFL. As a Bears fan, three years ago, we had a Super Bowl quality team but below par QB play.
cms186
Mothra said:

So, we now live in a country that if you do not think of the flag as representing a racist and morally bankrupt country, you will be canceled. Think about that for a moment.
Nowhere has anyone said that that is what the kneeling protest by Kapernick and other NFL players is about, you really do love to work yourself up into a slathering frenzy about something that isnt true, dont you?
I'm the English Guy
ValhallaBear
They're looking into NFL teams being compensated with extra draft picks for hiring black head coaches

Maybe they can do a 1 off and give a team an extra first round pick for signing Kaepernick

Jerry would jump on that **** like a duck on a junebug
br53
ValhallaBear said:

They're looking into NFL teams being compensated with extra draft picks for hiring black head coaches

Maybe they can do a 1 off and give a team an extra first round pick for signing Kaepernick

Jerry would jump on that **** like a duck on a junebug
Now Singletary can get a head job again. Maybe the team can hire him and sign Kaepernick too. Double Whammy!
jbbear
blackie said:

muddybrazos said:

My question is what is the end goal of all of these protests? We all know that there will never be 0 deaths of unarmed people by cops. There are already very few deaths each year and there will always be some dick head cops. The media will never stop furthering the narrative that black folks are being hunted down by cops even though the stats do not show that. It's a catch 22 where you have to choose less policing and more crime or more policing and more bad run ins with cops.
How can we know unless we are actually involved in them (the civil protesters - not the violent ones)? No, there will never be 0 deaths in the future, but perhaps the goal is to end the perception (will address later) that the outcome of a confrontation that does result in some "dick head cops" killing or brutalizing someone is no different when the victim is black (or other minority) or white.

Why these cops do these things is beyond any explanation, especially when they see time and again in recent history what it ends up meaning for them. I don't know what their motive is in thinking they need to do these things.

But the perception is that given all of the above, given a similar situation, given a "suspect" that is doing the same thing, has the same outward appearance in both look and actions....the perception for too many cops is that the black man is assumed to be a greater threat for whatever than the white man. That is the perception. Whether that is reality is impossible for us to say because we are not inside the cops' heads. It could also be that the white cop is trying to display superiority that exists in his warped sense of justice or ego..

Bottom line, the protesters may want more, but it seems to me that what the end result should be is that people are treated fairly, the same way, regardless of whatever the color of their skin. For the bulk of cops that is true. But it happens way too often that it appears the color of the skin inflates the risk for a bad ending because it may involve cops that shouldn't even be on the force.

It isn't about whether or not the "victim" is innocent or guilty of a crime. It isn't about whether or not they are a responsible person or not. It is about treating people fairly across the board, not assuming that one person is inherently more a threat or deserves less respect than another because their skin is darker than another's.

Whether it is training for police, vetting in the hiring process, or some other administrative policy, we have got to get the bad actors out of the game to the greatest extent possible. The protesters likely feel that too many have leaked through and there are too many red-necked yahoos like those two in Georgia or wherever it was go after a man because he is black. No way they would have gone after a white guy in the same situation. If you don't think that is true for those types of people, there is no reason to discuss things. Those types certainly should not be policemen and too many probably are. That attitude is what needs to change, and, once again, the perception is that the police have not made that a high enough priority to do more to weed out these people and these actions.
Have you been to Chicago lately? The crime in predominantly black neighborhoods is multiple times higher than predominantly white neighborhoods. The police are always in those neighborhoods not because they want to be but because they are called there over and over and over. The more the black community demonizes cops (especially the cop hating, white hating BLM), the more likely cops will not go in those neighborhoods and the crime will just escalate.
Jack Bauer
Charles Barkley and Shaq say Drew Brees was wrong AND the vitriol against him was too much.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29271114
Jack Bauer
Drew has to apologize again because his 1st apology wasn't authentic.

Enjoy groveling to the mob for the next 5 years, Drew.

https://instagr.am/p/CBCIljGngKI
br53
Sooner or later he has to just walk away from the bs and tell em to shove it.
ValhallaBear
Jack Bauer said:

Drew has to apologize again because his 1st apology wasn't authentic.

Enjoy groveling to the mob for the next 5 years, Drew.

https://instagr.am/p/CBCIljGngKI
More blacks will kill other blacks in New Orleans this weekend than 1 George Floyd

Apparently that's just an acceptable way of life
Jack Bauer
br53 said:

and ask him for his $5M donation back.
br53
Jack Bauer said:

br53 said:

and ask him for his $5M donation back.
Nah let em keep it. Dont get petty, that was for the COVID victims.
jupiter
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Yeah the NFL and NBA are so racist...all those millions and billions they pay to majority black athletes is so oppressive. I heard a black golfer was worth a billion dollars at one point.

Just wow bro.
"Millions" does not equal no racism.
Jack Bauer
You thought it was crazy a few years ago, the NFL is going to be a straight up political circus this season.

The owners will probably just cancel the National Anthem and remove all flags this season.

The pre-game is going to dominate the overall viewing experience for fans. Bring on the Baylor Bears 2020!!
STxBear81
*** is wrong with this country. If you're white you need to apologize for being white. And you're a racist if you question anyone about why you have to apologize ? Apologize for being educated and making a good living while others who make bad choices and do not earn much deserve some of your loot? I don't get it
Waco1947
Kap right to kneel
Jack Bauer
Drew Brees is on his 3rd apology in 2 days.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.