Trump tweet about Nascar this morning

4,857 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Doc Holliday
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearTruth13 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

BearTruth13 said:

Doc Holliday said:

I like this tweet.

Bubba Wallace and NASCAR are pieces of crap for even showing a hint of concern over that garage rope. The stood against "this act of racism" before the FBI called him and NASCAR out.

Y'all gotta stop being politically correct or you might as well hand over this country to the radical left. Stop trying to play nice.
He is going to lose the election with tweets like this. Plain and simple. Does nothing but reinforce a narrative the media paints.
If this tweet loses him the election then the country is already lost and not capable of saving.
It's not just this tweet, but the plethora of those like it. I already have conservative family members that have decided to vote third party over Trump. He's alienating people.
Curious, what in those tweets do they not like?

They're probably frustrated with the constant outrage at Trump's tweets, not his actual tweets.
I don't like him accusing Morning Joe of murder.

I don't like when he publicly supports the Confederate flag in tweets (like this morning).

I don't like when he clearly doesn't pay attention and retweets a video or something with "white power!" in it.

I don't like him publicly shaming his former Cabinet members on Twitter and calling them "very stupid, dumber than a box of rocks, etc."

Saying he should have left American citizens in jail in China (Levar Ball situation) because they don't like him.

Not a fan of his weird old man tweets like "RIGGED", "FAKE NEWS", "SAD", etc.

There are so many just terrible Trump tweets it is hard to know where to begin.
Yup. Good list.
Robert Wilson
HuMcK said:

Robert Wilson said:

corncob pipe said:

Bubba Wallace said " a noose was put in my garage" and "left hanging over my car". That was false.

Wallace also told Don Lemon (CNN) he was personally involved in the decisions about advancing the story within NASCAR. [Despite previously saying he had nothing to do with it].

Black Lies Matter
The interview he gave that Booray posted was what Wallace should've said immediately after we sent about a dozen FBI agents (for the love of God) to check out a pulldown rope in a garage, which investigation showed it was not a noose. He then doubled down with Don Lemmon that it still was in fact a noose. It was not. They continued to say that in Booray's article. It wasn't a noose. It was a pull-down rope that resembled a noose, assuming you don't know what a noose is. Everyone is acting like a panicked ninny, and it is ridiculous. Everyone is also afraid of being cancelled, losing their jobs, getting twitter mobbed, etc. That's what Trump is leaning into right now, if you watched any of his speech the other night. Like I said, I don't know how it goes, but that's his calculation.

Why do people keep saying that? It most certainly was a noose, the only pulldown rop tied like that in all bays at all NASCAR tracks in fact, it just seemingly wasn't directed at Wallace. You can look at the pic and plainly see that it was a noose, to say otherwise is not correct.

It's not a noose. That's just a fact. A noose pulls tight. A bowline knot does not, and could not, or it would not perform its function of pulling down the garage door. It's pretty basic.

It may have resembled a noose. It wasn't a noose.
Johnny Bear
Great tweet and right on the money.

Taxpayers should receive an apology as well for funding a double digit team of FBI agents to investigate a stupid garage door pull down rope.
Booray
Johnny Bear said:

Taxpayers should receive an apology as well for funding a double digit team of FBI agents to investigate a stupid garage door pull down rope.
Why? The taxpayers got the benefit of the investigation. Everyone was happy with the outcome.

It was a an unfortunate coincidence but it was certainly worth looking into. That is what the investigation proved. Given today's climate, the investigation probably saved money by keeping extra fuel out of the fire.
BaylorBJM
Doc Holliday said:

sombear said:

Doc Holliday said:

I like this tweet.

Bubba Wallace and NASCAR are pieces of crap for even showing a hint of concern over that garage rope. They put on a show against "this act of racism" before the FBI called him and NASCAR out. Disgusting.

Y'all gotta stop being politically correct or you might as well hand over this country to the radical left. Stop trying to play nice.
I despise PC culture and actually love how Trump takes it on. Sometimes he goes too far. He did here. Someone reported a noose during a very sensitive time. The noose was not a hoax. It was an incredible coincidence that it was in Bubba's garage. If I were Bubba or NASCAR, I would have assumed the same thing and investigated. Strange coincidences can make a lot of folks look bad. No reason for Trump to chime in now. Bubba wears a USA flag face mask and stands for anthem with his hand to his heart. I applaud him.
When he decided to have other NASCAR drivers walk with him to "show support" against this "act of racism"...that's when he lost his defense and made his situation dangerous and bad for America. Grandstanding like that only pushes one message "white people are suspect racists and more inclined to be racist". That's THE ONLY message getting through.

He needs to apologize for gaslighting this situation and so does NASCAR.

We are faking and larping victimhood while actual children are being murdered in Chicago with ZERO outrage. This is why privileged Bubba needs to apologize.
So much snow in this post.
BearTruth13
riflebear said:

LOL

What the heck. He must have like $100M on Biden in Vegas or something.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Johnny Bear said:

Why? The taxpayers got the benefit of the investigation. Everyone was happy with the outcome.

It was a an unfortunate coincidence but it was certainly worth looking into. That is what the investigation proved. Given today's climate, the investigation probably saved money by keeping extra fuel out of the fire.
I disagree. It wasn't worth looking into.

The investigation probably cost over half million dollars alone just to fly everyone out, book hotels, travel food etc.

NASCAR should have said "nah it's just a garage rope, we don't need an investigation" and prevented faux outrage. People still believe this rope was placed there by a white supremacist...they literally believe this took place despite no evidence for it.

This is the statement from Phelps/NASCAR:

Quote:

"This is ... disturbing to hear that it was thought that one of our own had committed this heinous act. It is fantastic to hear from the FBI, definitively, that there was not a hate crime."

This statement is asinine. It never should have developed into even questioning racism whatsoever.
Robert Wilson
Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Johnny Bear said:

The investigation probably cost over half million dollars alone just to fly everyone out, book hotels, travel food etc Also the Feds don't care about expenses.

NASCAR should have said "nah it's just a garage rope, we don't need an investigation" and prevented faux outrage. People still believe this rope was placed there by a white supremacist...they literally believe this took place despite no evidence for it.

Quote:

"This is ... disturbing to hear that it was thought that one of our own had committed this heinous act. It is fantastic to hear from the FBI, definitively, that there was not a hate crime."

This statement is asinine. It never should have developed into even questioning racism whatsoever.

NASCAR did this because they know everyone is dying to call them a bunch of racist red necks. They're scared of their own shadow. Everyone is just tiptoeing around right now acting like a bunch of lunatics. The amount of brain power and angst that is being wasted on this kind of stuff right now is stunning.

Meanwhile, none of it moves the needle whatsoever for the black community. If anything, convincing black children that there's a racist hiding behind every tree or bush out there lurking to get them, and that they live in a society in which the deck is totally stacked against them that's probably doing more harm than good. We certainly aren't addressing the issues actually causing endemic harm in their communities with all this sort of nonsense.
Doc Holliday
Robert Wilson said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Johnny Bear said:

The investigation probably cost over half million dollars alone just to fly everyone out, book hotels, travel food etc Also the Feds don't care about expenses.

Quote:

NASCAR did this because they know everyone is dying to call them a bunch of racist red necks. They're scared of their own shadow. Everyone is just tiptoeing around right now acting like a bunch of lunatics. The amount of brain power and angst that is being wasted on this kind of stuff right now is stunning.

Meanwhile, none of it moves the needle whatsoever for the black community. If anything, convincing black children that there's a racist hiding behind every tree or bush out there lurking to get them, and that they live in a society in which the deck is totally stacked against them that's probably doing more harm than good. We certainly aren't addressing the issues actually causing endemic harm in their communities with all this sort of nonsense.
Exactly this.

We are all walking on politically correct eggshells. One misstep and your character will be assassinated permanently.
HuMcK
Robert Wilson said:

HuMcK said:

Robert Wilson said:

corncob pipe said:

Bubba Wallace said " a noose was put in my garage" and "left hanging over my car". That was false.

Wallace also told Don Lemon (CNN) he was personally involved in the decisions about advancing the story within NASCAR. [Despite previously saying he had nothing to do with it].

Black Lies Matter
The interview he gave that Booray posted was what Wallace should've said immediately after we sent about a dozen FBI agents (for the love of God) to check out a pulldown rope in a garage, which investigation showed it was not a noose. He then doubled down with Don Lemmon that it still was in fact a noose. It was not. They continued to say that in Booray's article. It wasn't a noose. It was a pull-down rope that resembled a noose, assuming you don't know what a noose is. Everyone is acting like a panicked ninny, and it is ridiculous. Everyone is also afraid of being cancelled, losing their jobs, getting twitter mobbed, etc. That's what Trump is leaning into right now, if you watched any of his speech the other night. Like I said, I don't know how it goes, but that's his calculation.

Why do people keep saying that? It most certainly was a noose, the only pulldown rop tied like that in all bays at all NASCAR tracks in fact, it just seemingly wasn't directed at Wallace. You can look at the pic and plainly see that it was a noose, to say otherwise is not correct.

It's not a noose. That's just a fact. A noose pulls tight. A bowline knot does not, and could not, or it would not perform its function of pulling down the garage door. It's pretty basic.

Stop lying. I gave you benefit of the doubt, but now you are doubling down on an obvious falsehood. That is not a bowline, not even close, that is a slipknot (you can see the loops but no other knotting that would keep things in place, a bowline would have a knot below the loops to keep from closing). Your 3rd and 4th sentence explain exactly why people thought it was so suspicious to have that knot as a pulldown for a garage door.

Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Robert Wilson said:

HuMcK said:

Robert Wilson said:

corncob pipe said:

Black Lies Matter

Stop lying. I gave you benefit of the doubt, but now you are doubling down on an obvious falsehood. That is not a bowline, not even close, that is a slipknot (you can see the loops but no other knotting that would keep things in place, a bowline would have a knot below the loops to keep from closing). Your 3rd and 4th sentence explain exactly why people thought it was so suspicious to have that knot as a pulldown for a garage door.

If I saw this rope, my next thought we be "oh it's attached to the garage door like the other ropes, cool".

You would think otherwise?
Robert Wilson
HuMcK said:

Robert Wilson said:

HuMcK said:

Robert Wilson said:

corncob pipe said:

Black Lies Matter

So you think that knot slipped tight like a noose?

That's why it had been on the garage for a year? I guess no one had ever pulled it in that period of time? Garage had just hung open?

Ever seen a bowline with stoppers? I don't know why it was tied in that fashion, but it was damn sure not a noose.
ATL Bear
Booray said:

Johnny Bear said:

This isn't about the tweet. I hate Trump's idiotic use of Twitter, and this is one in a long line of stupid/unnecessary tweets.

But I disagree that there was any necessity to elevate this issue by Wallace or his team or NASCAR. People have lost all perspective of where we are as a society. This isn't 1920 America. It isn't like noose sightings are rampant, and even saying they are rare is probably overstating their prevalence. The disappointing part is the number of people and media who actually thought it was realistic that this would happen.
HuMcK
I've pulled down more than a few roll-up doors, never once seen that knot on one of them like that. Even NASCARs own findings said it was the only one tied like that in any bay at any track on their circuit, over 1000 roll-up garage bay doors.
Robert Wilson
HuMcK said:

I've pulled down more than a few roll-up doors, never once seen that knot on one of them like that. Even NASCARs own findings said it was the only one tied like that in any bay at any track on their circuit, over 1000 roll-up garage bay doors.
Well then it must have been a ****ing noose. What happened when they pulled it?
Bexar Pitts
Osodecentx said:

blackie said:

Barring the unforeseen, we have two candidates that have no business even sniffing the White House. The mental acumen of both are questionable. Statements like this are why many people are in the boat of anyone but Trump. You don't have to be excited about Biden other than he is not Trump.

He can't even understand that he is not going to lose his base, but his base alone will not get him elected. He does everything possible to drive off anyone not in his base....and he is going to take the Senate with him.
I believe this is true
I also believe it to be true. I have voted "conservative" for 50 years, or as conservative as possible. I hear/read rumblings that Republicans in some powerful circles are giving POTUS until Labor Day to pull the campaign back on track. I think it's becoming more possible by the week that some support may leave him if he can't right the ship, mainly to try and save the Senate.
ATL Bear
HuMcK said:

Robert Wilson said:

HuMcK said:

Robert Wilson said:

corncob pipe said:

Black Lies Matter

A slip knot is not a noose. If the loop area doesn't move it's likely a bowline knot with the excess wrapped and looped through. And the fact it was about the size of the human hand, attached to the garage, and on the same side as all the other bays should have been a common sense notation that this wasn't an intentional noose.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Even if it was meant to be racist...it's still not worth GIVING it attention.

We don't beat racism by broadcasting it and then blaming it on a political party and race.

HuMcK
Can you spot any observations or characteristics that would identify it as a bowline and not a slipknot? I can't, in fact I already laid out some criteria for why it's not a bowline. NASCAR saw this spin coming and specifically identified it as a noose btw.
Robert Wilson
HuMcK said:

Can you spot any observations or characteristics that would identify it as a bowline and not a slipknot? I can't, in fact I already laid out some criteria for why it's not a bowline. NASCAR saw this spin coming and specifically identified it as a noose btw.
Yes - its basic function, which is the defining characteristic of a noose. You'd have one disappointed hangman if you tied that knot for him.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

What do you want us to say?

That Bubba Wallace and NASCAR were in the right for thinking a garage door rope could be an act of racism and thanks for helping condition non whites to be scared of living in America? Or maybe this situation is good for getting the message to white people to watch out for their own potential racism that is glued to their existence naturally?

This is the message that most people got from it whether that's your intention or not.
HuMcK
ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Robert Wilson said:

HuMcK said:

Robert Wilson said:

corncob pipe said:

Black Lies Matter

A slip knot is not a noose. If the loop area doesn't move it's likely a bowline knot with the excess wrapped and looped through. And the fact it was about the size of the human hand, attached to the garage, and on the same side as all the other bays should have been a common sense notation that this wasn't an intentional noose.

You seem to be under the impression that intent is what makes something a noose, and not simply the construction of the knot. Not sure where that comes from, but it's not how I see it. We are in agreement: wallace was not targeted for threats with a noose, but we differ in what to call the actual knot it seems.
HuMcK
I'd settle for an acknowledgement that no hoaxes were perpetrated by Bubba Wallace or his team, and that it was reasonable to view that knot in that climate as a more than just a pulldown rope, especially given that it is the only pulldown tied like that in all of NASCAR. And people need to stop calling it a bowline, because it objectively is not.
HuMcK
Man you can believe whatever you want if it makes you feel better, I can't make you understand the obvious, but if you show that picture to anyone who knows what they are talking about they would call it a noose (hint, because it is).
George Truett
Doc Holliday said:

I like this tweet.

Bubba Wallace and NASCAR are pieces of crap for even showing a hint of concern over that garage rope. They put on a show against "this act of racism" before the FBI called him and NASCAR out. Disgusting.

The tweet is horrific. Another example of Trump being racist while crying he isn't.

First, Wallace didn't discover the noose or report it. NASCAR did.

Second, if you saw a picture of it, it looked really suspicious.

This is why Trump is going down in November and probably taking the Senate with him.

George Truett
BearTruth13 said:

I'm convinced he is trying to lose at this point.

Why would you even bring this up? No one cares about Nascar. The ones that do are already voting for you. And supporting the Confederate flag at this point is just political malpractice.
He's decided the only way to win is to stir his aggrieved White base.

So he pulls this out of the air to tweet about.

His problems are:

1) His aggrieved White base isn't large enough to elect him.
2) He's further alienating White suburban voters he needs.

If this is his only chance of winning, he's doomed.
Booray
ATL Bear said:

Booray said:

Johnny Bear said:

This isn't about the tweet. I hate Trump's idiotic use of Twitter, and this is one in a long line of stupid/unnecessary tweets.

But I disagree that there was any necessity to elevate this issue by Wallace or his team or NASCAR. People have lost all perspective of where we are as a society. This isn't 1920 America. It isn't like noose sightings are rampant, and even saying they are rare is probably overstating their prevalence. The disappointing part is the number of people and media who actually thought it was realistic that this would happen.
It was worth investigating. Bubba Wallace is a public figure and his race in the midst of NASCAR makes him unique. If someone is making threats against him, we should find out who is doing it.

In retrospect, it would have been better to do the investigation before saying anything.
Booray
George Truett said:

BearTruth13 said:

Why would you even bring this up? No one cares about Nascar. The ones that do are already voting for you. And supporting the Confederate flag at this point is just political malpractice.

His problems are:

Our problem is that the POTUS should be focused on handling Covid.
George Truett
Robert Wilson said:

The Bubba Wallace thing was preposterous. That was not a noose. Everyone around it acted like a terrified ninny because a bowline knot creating a garage pull looks kinda like a noose, but operates exactly not like a noose. Those were documented to have been there for well over a year, and then Wallace doubled down on it the next day before he came to his senses. The whole thing was embarrassing.

Trump has decided, for better or worse, to start calling out all this tiptoeing, namby pamby, scared-of-your-shadow behavior out for what it is. I don't know how it will work out for him. But I will say this: I thought his instincts were wrong in 2016. The polls thought he was wrong in 2016, yet he schooled a boatload of professional politicians. Biden is very unimpressive. We shall see.
You're facts are all wrong.

First, this is what it looked like

It doesn't look like any bowline knot I ever learned in the scouts.

Second, no one in NASCAR had ever seen a knot like it in a garage.

Third, Wallace didn't report it and make a big deal about it. NASCAR did.

George Truett
Booray said:

George Truett said:

BearTruth13 said:

His problems are:

Our problem is that the POTUS should be focused on handling Covid.
There's that too.

But thank the Lord he's keeping the Confederate flag and statues safe!
HuMcK
George Truett said:

BearTruth13 said:

His problems are:

He's a 21st century James Buchanan (if you know US history at all you know that ain't a compliment), he appeases the racists to try and hold onto power, but everything he does fans the flames even higher. If he wasnt Putin's overt choice I would chalk it up to bad political instincts and stupidity, but I just can't shake the feeling that Trump knows what he's doing.
Doc Holliday
George Truett said:

BearTruth13 said:

His problems are:

The majority of his base would be at least 30M people, which are all racially aggrieved?

Sounds like a Nazi uprising bro. Better vote Joe in or they will attack.
cinque
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1280208059919458304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1280208059919458304%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.surlyhorns.com%2Fboard%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fddale8%2Fstatus%2F1280208059919458304
BaylorBJM
riflebear said:

LOL

I mean, because of course.

Robert Wilson
HuMcK said:

Man you can believe whatever you want if it makes you feel better, I can't make you understand the obvious, but if you show that picture to anyone who knows what they are talking about they would call it a noose (hint, because it is).

You can call a coyote a wolf if you don't know what you're talking about - doesn't make it so.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.