Lincoln Project Hitlist

6,982 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Doc Holliday
FWBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They won't stop until they've destroyed western civilization.
4th and Inches
tombeaux said:

Bravo to the Lincoln Project. Trump is the anti-Lincoln and the project has rent free space inside his fat, orange head. They have been effective and have won July. Here's hoping they can continue their success down the stretch and help rid of us the worst president in history.
i see you dont know much about history...
cinque
CHP Bear said:

Jack and DP said:

The Rino Project slighted Kelleyanne. Conscious or unconscious oversight?
Kellyanne is anonymous.
Mothra
quash said:

Jack and DP said:

You and Byron miss the point: Reform the GOP via the excision of Trumpism. It is a long term strategy and it should be revealing that they are clearly willing to risk a Democratic blip of resurgence to achieve their goal. Their support for free trade and capitalism is wonderful.

I think YOU miss the point. Look at the background of the people who comprise the Lincoln Project. They may have once called themselves Republican or worked for republicans but their politics are anything but. Many of them leaned Democrat or voted democrat BEFORE Trump. This isn't an attempt by conservatives to rid the world of "Trumpism," whatever the **** that is.
Mothra
You a conservative?
cinque
Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

You and Byron miss the point: Reform the GOP via the excision of Trumpism. It is a long term strategy and it should be revealing that they are clearly willing to risk a Democratic blip of resurgence to achieve their goal. Their support for free trade and capitalism is wonderful.

I think YOU miss the point. Look at the background of the people who comprise the Lincoln Project. They may have once called themselves Republican or worked for republicans but their politics are anything but. Many of them leaned Democrat or voted democrat BEFORE Trump. This isn't an attempt by conservatives to rid the world of "Trumpism," whatever the **** that is.
These are all rock ribbed, life long Republicans, unlike Trump, who joined party in 2016.
Mothra
cinque said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

These are all rock ribbed, life long Republicans, unlike Trump, who joined party in 2016.

No they're not. I'd suggest looking at their political stances. They are anything but Republican, and certainly not conservative.
Oldbear83
cinque said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Says someone dedicated to smearing Republicans at every opportunity.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Whiskey Pete
Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Next the media will try to convince Trump supporters that his other supporters are leaving him, trying to make you defeated enough to not go vote.
cinque
Mothra said:

cinque said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

No they're not. I'd suggest looking at their political stances. They are anything but Republican, and certainly not conservative.
I have. They're traditional Republicans.
Oldbear83
cinque said:

Mothra said:

cinque said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

I have. They're fake Republicans.
Corrected for accuracy.
cinque
Oldbear83 said:

cinque said:

Mothra said:

cinque said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Corrected for accuracy.
So, is Trump a real Republican? How about Stephen Miller?
Mothra
cinque said:

Mothra said:

cinque said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

I have. They're traditional Republicans.

Chuckle.

Whatever lie helps your narrative.
Oldbear83
cinque said:

Oldbear83 said:

cinque said:

Mothra said:

cinque said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Corrected for accuracy.
So, is Trump a real Republican? How about Stephen Miller?
I have always said Trump is a populist. He ran as a Republican because his polices appealed to Republicans.

It's strange how you imagine we should take the word of a radical progressive for what defines someone as a Republican. You are certainly qualified to speak about what appeals to Democrats, but trying to judge Trump's Republican or Conservative credentials is well beyond your scope.

TexasScientist
Jack and DP said:

Uh, I think it's a pro-Republican group. They want to get rid of Trumplicans.
TexasScientist
Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

First, you don't know how they've voted. Second, Trump has probably voted for more Democrats than Republicans. Third Trump isn't a conservative.
Flaming Moderate
What specifically is "Trumpism?" Can anyone specifically define it?
Mothra
TexasScientist said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

First, you don't know how they've voted. Second, Trump has probably voted for more Democrats than Republicans. Third Trump isn't a conservative.
Actually, I do know how a lot of them voted and who they supported. I would suggest doing some research on their political positions and support of past candidates instead of making incorrect assumptions. Here's just a few examples: Steve Schmidt, who was the campaign manager in the re-election campaign for Arnold Schwarznegger, one of the Lincoln Project founders, is pro-gay and transexual "equality," pro-amnesty or path to citizenship, pro-Palestinian, and has changed his party allegiance to the Democrats. John Weaver, another founding member, has been a vocal critic of some of the GOP's more conservative elements, calling the GOP "the angry-white-man party" in 2013, and for years has worked as a consultant for Democrat and independent candidates. Rick Wilson claims he's not a Republican in any political sense.

Look, I know it helps your narrative to claim these are Republicans rejecting Trump. It's simply not accurate (though politically opportunistic).

quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

You can make the point about who they are, and search for ideological unorthodoxy.

Or, you can listen to their message. I think I'll go with their stated point, as it is also their message. Free trade? Capitalism? I am OK with that.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
HashTag said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Next the media will try to convince Trump supporters that his other supporters are leaving him, trying to make you defeated enough to not go vote.
When you gaslight you have to be ahead of the thing you are gaslighting.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

You can make the point about who they are, and search for ideological unorthodoxy.

Or, you can listen to their message. I think I'll go with their stated point, as it is also their message. Free trade? Capitalism? I am OK with that.
Of course I understand why you would go with their stated point, instead of digging deeper. You' aren't a conservative or Republican.

That said, if we want to go by their statements, each of them has renounced their Republican card, claim it is not even reformable, and some have registered Democrat. That's enough for me.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Of course I understand why you would go with their stated point, instead of digging deeper. You' aren't a conservative or Republican.

That said, if we want to go by their statements, each of them has renounced their Republican card, claim it is not even reformable, and some have registered Democrat. That's enough for me.
No true Scotsman. OK.
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

No true Scotsman. OK.
I don't see anyone requiring ideological conformity. However, I would think agreeing with Republicans on most major issues and actually calling yourself Republican instead of Democrat would be a litmus test of some sort.

But again, I get it: that destroys the narrative.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

No true Scotsman. OK.

Destroying Trump's narrative hold on the GOP is exactly the point.

Free trade used to be a GOP standard: tariffs and trade wars, not so much.
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

No true Scotsman. OK.

Seems you're focused on that issue to the exclusion of all others. Odd.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

No true Scotsman. OK.

So you missed this post above?

Taxes were reduced for many, not all, and they aren't low enough. We blew our once a generation shot at real tax reform.
The wall is nothing like what he promised. Mexico isn't paying for it, very little new fencing is up, and it is having far less effect than Rona and economics.
Rhetoric? Even that is interventionist. And there are the actual acts.
Gorsuch was a keeper, still not sure about Kavanaugh.
The tariffs have cost us money, jobs, and markets. What trade deals do you think are better?
Proudly and openly nationalistic; there's a difference.

Spending? Maybe if Biden gets elected we can get the ol' GOP deficit hawks back.
Smaller govt? Executive creep on Congressional turf has gotten worse. Again, with a Dem in the WH I bet the GOP rediscovers the virtue of limited govt.

The GOP I remember, and belonged to, was much better focused on budgets and state power.
TexasScientist
Flaming Moderate said:

Cult of personality.
Flaming Moderate
TexasScientist said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Cult of personality.
Trumpism:

TexasScientist
Mothra said:

TexasScientist said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Actually, I do know how a lot of them voted and who they supported. I would suggest doing some research on their political positions and support of past candidates instead of making incorrect assumptions. Here's just a few examples: Steve Schmidt, who was the campaign manager in the re-election campaign for Arnold Schwarznegger, one of the Lincoln Project founders, is pro-gay and transexual "equality," pro-amnesty or path to citizenship, pro-Palestinian, and has changed his party allegiance to the Democrats. John Weaver, another founding member, has been a vocal critic of some of the GOP's more conservative elements, calling the GOP "the angry-white-man party" in 2013, and for years has worked as a consultant for Democrat and independent candidates. Rick Wilson claims he's not a Republican in any political sense.

Look, I know it helps your narrative to claim these are Republicans rejecting Trump. It's simply not accurate (though politically opportunistic).

You're not quite right.

Stephen Edward Schmidt[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt#cite_note-2][2][/url] (born September 28, 1970)[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt#cite_note-3][3][/url] is an American communications and public affairs strategist who has worked on Republican political campaigns, including those of President George W. Bush, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Arizona Senator John McCain. He is best known for pushing McCain to select Sarah Palin as his running mate. He specialized in "message development and strategy".[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt#cite_note-Cillizza-4][4][/url]

Schmidt was the senior campaign strategist and advisor to the 2008 presidential campaign of Senator John McCain.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt#cite_note-5][5][/url] He was a Vice Chair at the public relations firm Edelman[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt#cite_note-6][6][/url] until he stepped down in July 2018.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt#cite_note-7][7][/url]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt

Schmidt is the one who pushed for Sarah Palin to be added to the McCain ticket. He calls himself an Independent since 2018 becuase of Trump.

John Weaver - Stronger credentials as a Republican than Trump. His work goes all the way back to working for Phil Gramm, Tom Loeffler, Bill Clements, Executive Director of the RPT. Worked for Huntsman, and Kasich.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Weaver_(political_consultant)

Post-2016[edit]

In 2019, Weaver and fellow Republican operatives George T. Conway III, Steve Schmidt, and Rick Wilson wrote an op-ed published in the New York Times, calling for Donald Trump to be defeated in the 2020 presidential election. The four wrote, "The president and his enablers have replaced conservatism with an empty faith led by a bogus prophet."[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Weaver_(political_consultant)#cite_note-LincolnProject-13][13][/url] He serves as an advisor to The Lincoln Project, a super PAC organized by current and former Republican operatives opposed to the re-election of Donald Trump in 2020."[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Weaver_(political_consultant)#cite_note-LincolnProject-13][13][/url]

Rick Wilson - Has a long history as a Republican campaign consultant and political operative, in presidential and state campaigns. He served in the Bush administration as an appointee in the Dept. of Defense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Wilson_(political_consultant)

He serves as an advisor to The Lincoln Project, a Super PAC organized by current and former Republican operatives opposed and working to prevent to the re-election of Donald Trump in 2020.

All three are described as Republicans on the Lincoln Project team biographies.
https://lincolnproject.us/team/
Whiskey Pete
Flaming Moderate said:

TexasScientist said:

Flaming Moderate said:

Cult of personality.
Trumpism:

Cult of Bidenism

TexasScientist
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Your statement is false. They have not each renounced being Republican. They have renounced Trump and those who blindly follow the cult of personality. The have solid Republican and Conservative credentials.
TexasScientist
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

No true Scotsman. OK.
I don't see anyone requiring ideological conformity. However, I would think agreeing with Republicans on most major issues and actually calling yourself Republican instead of Democrat would be a litmus test of some sort.

They don't call themselve Democrats. That's your imaginend narrative.
TexasScientist
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

No true Scotsman. OK.

So you missed this post above?

Taxes were reduced for many, not all, and they aren't low enough. We blew our once a generation shot at real tax reform.
The wall is nothing like what he promised. Mexico isn't paying for it, very little new fencing is up, and it is having far less effect than Rona and economics.
Rhetoric? Even that is interventionist. And there are the actual acts.
Gorsuch was a keeper, still not sure about Kavanaugh.
The tariffs have cost us money, jobs, and markets. What trade deals do you think are better?
Proudly and openly nationalistic; there's a difference.

Spending? Maybe if Biden gets elected we can get the ol' GOP deficit hawks back.
Smaller govt? Executive creep on Congressional turf has gotten worse. Again, with a Dem in the WH I bet the GOP rediscovers the virtue of limited govt.

The GOP I remember, and belonged to, was much better focused on budgets and state power.
Well stated.
Oldbear83
quash said:

HashTag said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

When you gaslight you have to be ahead of the thing you are gaslighting.
Quash demonstrates his expertise and tactical preference, I see.
Mothra
TexasScientist said:

Mothra said:

TexasScientist said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

You're not quite right.

Stephen Edward Schmidt[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt#cite_note-2][2][/url] (born September 28, 1970)[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt#cite_note-3][3][/url] is an American communications and public affairs strategist who has worked on Republican political campaigns, including those of President George W. Bush, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Arizona Senator John McCain. He is best known for pushing McCain to select Sarah Palin as his running mate. He specialized in "message development and strategy".[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt#cite_note-Cillizza-4][4][/url]

Schmidt was the senior campaign strategist and advisor to the 2008 presidential campaign of Senator John McCain.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt#cite_note-5][5][/url] He was a Vice Chair at the public relations firm Edelman[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt#cite_note-6][6][/url] until he stepped down in July 2018.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt#cite_note-7][7][/url]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Schmidt

Schmidt is the one who pushed for Sarah Palin to be added to the McCain ticket. He calls himself an Independent since 2018 becuase of Trump.

John Weaver - Stronger credentials as a Republican than Trump. His work goes all the way back to working for Phil Gramm, Tom Loeffler, Bill Clements, Executive Director of the RPT. Worked for Huntsman, and Kasich.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Weaver_(political_consultant)

Post-2016[edit]

In 2019, Weaver and fellow Republican operatives George T. Conway III, Steve Schmidt, and Rick Wilson wrote an op-ed published in the New York Times, calling for Donald Trump to be defeated in the 2020 presidential election. The four wrote, "The president and his enablers have replaced conservatism with an empty faith led by a bogus prophet."[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Weaver_(political_consultant)#cite_note-LincolnProject-13][13][/url] He serves as an advisor to The Lincoln Project, a super PAC organized by current and former Republican operatives opposed to the re-election of Donald Trump in 2020."[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Weaver_(political_consultant)#cite_note-LincolnProject-13][13][/url]

Rick Wilson - Has a long history as a Republican campaign consultant and political operative, in presidential and state campaigns. He served in the Bush administration as an appointee in the Dept. of Defense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Wilson_(political_consultant)

He serves as an advisor to The Lincoln Project, a Super PAC organized by current and former Republican operatives opposed and working to prevent to the re-election of Donald Trump in 2020.

All three are described as Republicans on the Lincoln Project team biographies.
https://lincolnproject.us/team/
I am exactly right. You need to do your research. Wikipedia ain't gonna cut it. Read their interviews.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.