Tucker Carlson

10,735 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bruce Leroy
GrowlTowel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A family vacation in mid-July when the cable channels were set to cover the DNC convention in prime-time and preempt his show?

Scandalous.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
cinque
GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

I tuned in to watch Tucker address the firing of his racist writer, but all I saw was a bunch of police blotter stuff.
Is that what his show is always like?

You didn't watch it then. It was addressed. Interesting that the racist remarks were made on an anonymous college website.

Better watch your back, Jack.
What'd he say?
Whiskey Pete
cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

Duckworth said that taking down George Washington statues is an idea we should listen to.

Wasn't he a war hero?
He certainly was.

Did Duckworth call Washington a coward who hated America? Did she say we should take his statute down?

What is wrong with you? How can anyone defend Carlson's statements about her?

I guess the same way they can defend attacking a gold star family or minimizing John McCain's sacrifice.

Easy. She refused to defend her racist comments because she holds a special identity card. Sorry, that is not how debate works. When you hide behind an identity, you are a coward.

Simple and true.

And now "war hero" is a special identity card?

To the left it is, but it's not surprising since the left always plays identity politics.
So Growl Towel is a leftist now because he claims war hero is an identity card?

She claimed it as cover for her racist remarks. It is like playing a Risk card while playing Candyland.

Watch the show and your rage will subside.
What are you talking about? Her remarks that started all this were comments about the President's address at Mt. Rushmore. She said he spent more time talking about Confederates than about our current problems and he therefore demonstrated a lack of appropriate priorities. In follow-up interviews she referred to the fact that the land on which Rushmore sits had been stolen from Native American tribes.

None of that is racist.

Given you evasiveness, I can only conclude that you have zero idea about what she actually said and have made up this racist stuff as a cover for Carlson's comments. Love for you to prove me wrong:

What did Tammy Duckworth say that was racist? Give me a quote.

Her remarks were based in racism. I am sorry that you do not see it that way but that does not convert her remarks.

And I defended Tucker because he was right to call a spade, a spade

So it's racist for a Senator to criticize the President's priorities by asking him to focus on the pandemic and to recite an undisputed historical fact. But I suppose it's not racist for you to call that same African-American Senator a "spade."

I think I understand your point of view. Had hoped for better.

1. The expression to "call a spade a spade" is not racist.
2. Tammy Duckworth is not African American.
Try using it toward a black person in his presence.
If that black person takes offense to it when the person who said it, did so without racist intent, then it's not racist and it's the black person's issue not the other persons.

But snowflakes can't understand that concept.

It's too easy to find racism or racist intent when it doesn't exist. You should know, your a pro at it.
cinque
HashTag said:

cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

Duckworth said that taking down George Washington statues is an idea we should listen to.

Wasn't he a war hero?
He certainly was.

Did Duckworth call Washington a coward who hated America? Did she say we should take his statute down?

I guess the same way they can defend attacking a gold star family or minimizing John McCain's sacrifice.

Easy. She refused to defend her racist comments because she holds a special identity card. Sorry, that is not how debate works. When you hide behind an identity, you are a coward.

Simple and true.

To the left it is, but it's not surprising since the left always plays identity politics.

She claimed it as cover for her racist remarks. It is like playing a Risk card while playing Candyland.

What are you talking about? Her remarks that started all this were comments about the President's address at Mt. Rushmore. She said he spent more time talking about Confederates than about our current problems and he therefore demonstrated a lack of appropriate priorities. In follow-up interviews she referred to the fact that the land on which Rushmore sits had been stolen from Native American tribes.

None of that is racist.

Given you evasiveness, I can only conclude that you have zero idea about what she actually said and have made up this racist stuff as a cover for Carlson's comments. Love for you to prove me wrong:

Her remarks were based in racism. I am sorry that you do not see it that way but that does not convert her remarks.

So it's racist for a Senator to criticize the President's priorities by asking him to focus on the pandemic and to recite an undisputed historical fact. But I suppose it's not racist for you to call that same African-American Senator a "spade."

If that black person takes offense to it when the person who said it, did so without racist intent, then it's not racist and it's the black person's issue not the other persons.

It's too easy to find racism or racist intent when it doesn't exist. You should know, your a pro at it.
I can't imagine anybody calling a black person a spade without knowing how racially loaded the word is.
Oldbear83
cinque said:

HashTag said:

cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

Wasn't he a war hero?
He certainly was.

Simple and true.

None of that is racist.

I can't imagine anybody calling a black person a spade without knowing how racially loaded the word is.
Not so hard. All you have to do, is use words properly and not look for excuses to be triggered.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
cinque
Oldbear83 said:

cinque said:

HashTag said:

cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

Wasn't he a war hero?
He certainly was.

Simple and true.

None of that is racist.

Not so hard. All you have to do, is use words properly and not look for excuses to be triggered.
How would you know how hard it is?
GrowlTowel
cinque said:

Oldbear83 said:

cinque said:

HashTag said:

cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

Wasn't he a war hero?
He certainly was.

Simple and true.

None of that is racist.

How would you know how hard it is?

To use words properly? 4th grade education maybe
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
D. C. Bear
cinque said:

HashTag said:

cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

Wasn't he a war hero?
He certainly was.

Simple and true.

None of that is racist.

In the expression "to call a spade a spade," the "spade" has no special meaning. In Spanish, the expression is "to call bread bread, and to call wine wine" and in French it is "to call a cat a cat." In this thread, no one, black person or otherwise, was being called a spade.
Bruce Leroy
D. C. Bear said:

cinque said:

HashTag said:

cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

Wasn't he a war hero?
He certainly was.

Simple and true.

None of that is racist.

In the expression "to call a spade a spade," the "spade" has no special meaning. In Spanish, the expression is "to call bread bread, and to call wine wine" and in French it is "to call a cat a cat." In this thread, no one, black person or otherwise, was being called a spade.
In your position on other threads "meaning" doesn't matter. If one "perceives" that the term is "racist" it is. Are you under the opinion that no African American perceives the expression to be "racist"?
Jack and DP
quash said:

Still looking for evidence that Duckworth is coming for my guns. Or that she said something racist.

https://justfacts.votesmart.org/candidate/public-statements/57442/tammy-duckworth/37/guns
D. C. Bear
Bruce Leroy said:

D. C. Bear said:

cinque said:

HashTag said:

cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

Wasn't he a war hero?
He certainly was.

Simple and true.

None of that is racist.

In your position on other threads "meaning" doesn't matter. If one "perceives" that the term is "racist" it is. Are you under the opinion that no African American perceives the expression to be "racist"?

Your interpretation of my position on other threads is incorrect.
Whiskey Pete
Bruce Leroy said:

D. C. Bear said:

cinque said:

HashTag said:

cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

Wasn't he a war hero?
He certainly was.

Simple and true.

None of that is racist.

Whiskey Pete
Quote:

"meaning" doesn't matter. If one "perceives" that the term is "racist" it is.
Nothing else could be so wrong on so many levels.

Just because you believe something is, doesn't make it so
GoneGirl
HashTag said:

You're right.

But personal belief is the entire basis of all religious faiths.

It's also a basis people use to reject objective facts. Like climate change and the people who don't "believe in it."

quash
Jack and DP said:

quash said:

Still looking for evidence that Duckworth is coming for my guns. Or that she said something racist.

https://justfacts.votesmart.org/candidate/public-statements/57442/tammy-duckworth/37/guns

Thanks. I read the first ten and didn't see it. Could you pick one and point me towards it? It's a really long list of items merely related to guns.

I'm a strong supporter of the 2d Amendment and I oppose most proposed regulations, right down to red flag laws. But I like to address each gun control measure on its face, and not label each one as an act that is "coming for my guns". I find that kind of NRA overreaction unhelpful.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Jack and DP
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/im-a-combat-veteran-we-cannot-allow-our-country-to-be-turned-into-a-war-zone/2018/12/19/c4dee01e-03b5-11e9-b5df-5d3874f1ac36_story.html
quash
Jack and DP said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/im-a-combat-veteran-we-cannot-allow-our-country-to-be-turned-into-a-war-zone/2018/12/19/c4dee01e-03b5-11e9-b5df-5d3874f1ac36_story.html
I think we're having a communication problem. The claim was that Duckworth is coming for our guns. To prove that you offer this: "There are ways to stem the bleeding. Common-sense bills we could pass that wouldn't come close to infringing on anyone's Second Amendment rights like legislation to strengthen background checks that 97 percent of Americans support, including 91 percent of veterans and even most NRA members."
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
D. C. Bear
Jinx 2 said:

HashTag said:

You're right.

It's also a basis people use to reject objective facts. Like climate change and the people who don't "believe in it."

The Christian faith is based on the objective fact that Jesus rose from the dead.
D. C. Bear
HashTag said:

Quote:

That is correct, but if you act on the basis of false information, the fact that the information wasn't so doesn't change its effect.
Whiskey Pete
D. C. Bear said:

HashTag said:

Quote:

That is correct, but if you act on the basis of false information, the fact that the information wasn't so doesn't change its effect.
If you hear something I didn't say or interpreted something I said as completely different as stated, that's a you problem, not a me problem.
D. C. Bear
HashTag said:

D. C. Bear said:

HashTag said:

Quote:

If you hear something I didn't say or interpreted something I said as completely different as stated, that's a you problem, not a me problem.

Not really. It is an us problem.
HuMcK
HashTag said:

D. C. Bear said:

HashTag said:

Quote:

You literally just did that exact thing with Bruce Leroy's comment...
Jack and DP
quash said:

Jack and DP said:

I think we're having a communication problem. The claim was that Duckworth is coming for our guns. To prove that you offer this: "There are ways to stem the bleeding. Common-sense bills we could pass that wouldn't come close to infringing on anyone's Second Amendment rights like legislation to strengthen background checks that 97 percent of Americans support, including 91 percent of veterans and even most NRA members."

Go ahead and give up your AR-15 then.
Friscobear
cinque said:

HashTag said:

cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

Wasn't he a war hero?
He certainly was.

Simple and true.

None of that is racist.

Words and phrases have meanings that aren't racist. This phrase isn't used to call people a "spade".

The idiom call a spade a spade has its roots in Classical Greece. ... To call a spade a spade means to speak the unvarnished truth, to speak plainly and without embellishment and without softening the hard realities of that truth.
Oldbear83
Friscobear said:

cinque said:

HashTag said:

cinque said:

D. C. Bear said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Jack and DP said:

Wasn't he a war hero?
He certainly was.

Simple and true.

None of that is racist.

Words and phrases have meanings that aren't racist. This phrase isn't used to call people a "spade".

The idiom call a spade a spade has its roots in Classical Greece. ... To call a spade a spade means to speak the unvarnished truth, to speak plainly and without embellishment and without softening the hard realities of that truth.
Well, the Greeks owned slaves, so we should hear any time now how fraternities and olive oil should be banned.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
GoneGirl
D. C. Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

HashTag said:

You're right.

The Christian faith is based on the objective fact that Jesus rose from the dead.
That's not an objective fact.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-would-it-take-to-prove-the-resurrection/

I understand that many believe that to be true, but--just as there's no documentation other than the Bible of the virgin birth, there's no documentation other than the Bible of the resurrection.

I don't scorn those who believe based on faith. But you do have to make a "leap of faith" to believe Jesus was born of a virgin and to believe he arose from the dead. The fact that many congregations of my church--United Methodist--recite those beliefs in the form of the Apostle's Creed every Sunday morning strikes me as a reminder: These are the beliefs you have chosen to support as a Christian.

But it strikes me as ironic to claim that Jesus' resurrection is a fact, not a belief, while accusing people who "believe in" climate change based on lots of fact-based scientific date or who "believe in" public health measures based on scientific observation of how Covid-19 spreads of cherishing non-fact based beliefs while also making the claim you make here.
quash
Jack and DP said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

To you? Because you haven't shown me that Sen. Duckworth is coming for my AR.
D. C. Bear
Jinx 2 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

HashTag said:

You're right.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-would-it-take-to-prove-the-resurrection/

I understand that many believe that to be true, but--just as there's no documentation other than the Bible of the virgin birth, there's no documentation other than the Bible of the resurrection.

I don't scorn those who believe based on faith. But you do have to make a "leap of faith" to believe Jesus was born of a virgin and to believe he arose from the dead. The fact that many congregations of my church--United Methodist--recite those beliefs in the form of the Apostle's Creed every Sunday morning strikes me as a reminder: These are the beliefs you have chosen to support as a Christian.

But it strikes me as ironic to claim that Jesus' resurrection is a fact, not a belief, while accusing people who "believe in" climate change based on lots of fact-based scientific date or who "believe in" public health measures based on scientific observation of how Covid-19 spreads of cherishing non-fact based beliefs while also making the claim you make here.

I have not accused anyone who believes in climate change or in public health measures of "cherishing non-fact based beliefs."

Your bolded sentence is utter nonsense and you are literally making stuff up to support your false belief.
Jack and DP
quash said:

Jack and DP said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

https://www.duckworth.senate.gov/news/press-releases/duckworth-helps-introduce-legislation-to-ban-assault-weapons
quash
Jack and DP said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

https://www.duckworth.senate.gov/news/press-releases/duckworth-helps-introduce-legislation-to-ban-assault-weapons

Bans of specific weapons, mods and magazine sizes are loathsome. But they are not coming for my guns.

Why don't you just back off the claim of gun-grabber and call her something more accurate like Anti-second amendment.
contrario
quash said:

Jack and DP said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Bans of specific weapons, mods and magazine sizes are loathsome. But they are not coming for my guns.

Why don't you just back off the claim of gun-grabber and call her something more accurate like Anti-second amendment.
She is coming after your ability to acquire an AR and your ability to transfer to sell your AR.

And I think the point he was making was that she would take your AR if she could. That's what being anti-2nd amendment is. But she knows she can't introduce that legislation yet, so she'll take steps to get there.
quash
contrario said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

She is coming after your ability to acquire an AR and your ability to transfer to sell your AR.

And I think the point he was making was that she would take your AR if she could. That's what being anti-2nd amendment is. But she knows she can't introduce that legislation yet, so she'll take steps to get there.
Beto was an unabashed gun grabber; Duckworth is not. You can't have a policy discussion about gun rights if you simply assign the two sides as gun nuts and gun grabbers. You can't.
D. C. Bear
quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

quash said:

Jack and DP said:

Beto was an unabashed gun grabber; Duckworth is not. You can't have a policy discussion about gun rights if you simply assign the two sides as gun nuts and gun grabbers. You can't.

As long as they aren't nut grabbers...
GoneGirl
D. C. Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

HashTag said:

You're right.

I have not accused anyone who believes in climate change or in public health measures of "cherishing non-fact based beliefs."

Your bolded sentence is utter nonsense and you are literally making stuff up to support your false belief.
My post was not specifically aimed at you.

You stated Jesus' resurrection was a fact.

I pointed out that it's a belief you can't verfiy, not a fact.

Then I talked about how many religious conservatives posting here view the virgin birth and Jesus' resurrection as facts, when neither of those stories can be objectively proven and both must therefore be believed as true on the basis of faith alone.

And that they accept these non-verifiable beliefs as "fact" while accusing others--mostly liberals, although there are a few conservatives on this forum who recognize climate change as a real problem--of "believing in" climate change and basic public health measures to help rein in COVID 19 when there are factual bases for both of those "beliefs."

My point stands, whatever you may or may not have done.
GoneGirl
D. C. Bear said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

As long as they aren't nut grabbers...
Or pu-sy grabbers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.