CIA: We assess that Vladimir Putin...

3,023 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ATL Bear
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...is personally handling Russian attempts to discredit Joe Biden. Republicans shrug:

WASHINGTON The CIA assessed in late August that Vladimir Putin and other top Russian officials are "probably" directing a Russian operation to intervene in the election by discrediting Joe Biden, current and former intelligence officials told NBC News.
The assessment was first reported by Washington Post columnist Josh Rogin.

Two of the officials said the CIA assessment analyzed the activities of Andreii Derkach, a Ukrainian lawmaker who has provided information to the president's attorney, Rudy Giuliani. Giuliani has said he "interviewed" Derkach three times.
[url=https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/dhs-has-delayed-intel-report-foreign-powers-trying-raise-doubts-n1239067?icid=related][/url]
[url=https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/dhs-has-delayed-intel-report-foreign-powers-trying-raise-doubts-n1239067][/url]DHS delayed intel report on foreign powers trying to raise doubts about Biden, Trump health

According to Rogin's report, the first line of the classified document is: "We assess that President Vladimir Putin and the senior-most Russian officials are aware of and probably directing Russia's influence operations aimed at denigrating the former U.S. Vice President, supporting the U.S. president and fueling public discord ahead of the U.S. election in November."
A U.S. official familiar with the matter did not dispute that language. Two officials said the assessment was contained in a CIA document that is widely distributed in different versions around the government.
Some versions of the assessment reflected what U.S. government officials have already said publicly, with the exception of the finding that Putin was directing the operation, which private experts have long said is likely. The CIA assessed that Putin directed the 2016 operation to hurt Hillary Clinton and help Donald Trump
Make Racism Wrong Again
Ski8103
Joe Biden does a decent job of discrediting Joe Biden. Russia would be wasting effort. Not to mention, if I were Putin I'd prefer Joe Biden to be president.

There won't be a teleprompter if hard decisions need to be made and the buck can't stop at a committee of handlers.
Username checks out
Ski8103 said:

Joe Biden does a decent job of discrediting Joe Biden. Russia would be wasting effort. Not to mention, if I were Putin I'd prefer Joe Biden to be president.

There won't be a teleprompter if hard decisions need to be made and the buck can't stop at a committee of handlers.

Cool, so reports of Russian interference on behalf of Trump don't bother you because it helps your tribe. Got it
4th and Inches
Yay for Russian meddling! Boo for China meddling! Are we yaying or booing the Iranian meddling? Hard to keep track...

There was this hot sounding chick that called and she said she hoped I was voting Trump... she did have a bit of an accent
Wrecks Quan Dough
Gruvin said:

Yay for Russian meddling! Boo for China meddling! Are we yaying or booing the Iranian meddling? Hard to keep track...

There was this hot sounding chick that called and she said she hoped I was voting Trump... she did have a bit of an accent

Was it that hot red head Russian spy, Anna Chapman?
cinque
When Trump loses, will y'all start acknowledging the existence of Putin again?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Wrecks Quan Dough
cinque said:

Putin exists. No one denies that. You are screwball. Not many deny that.
ATL Bear
You know what the Russians most effective way of meddling in our elections has been? Getting us to believe that they're meddling so much in our elections. That's the master work of disinformation campaigns. Create the inference of mistrust so that the perception becomes reality. Congratulations to the many who've willingly carried the water for the charade.
cinque
Carlos Safety said:

cinque said:

Did you know he and Trump met in Helsinki?
Make Racism Wrong Again
contrario
Russians were helping Democrats for decades and we never heard a peep. All of a sudden the Russians flip the script and start helping republicans and the democrats are all of a sudden concerned about Russian meddling. Interesting.
Username checks out
Carlos Safety said:

Gruvin said:

Was it that hot red head Russian spy, Anna Chapman?

You know the rules here
Username checks out
contrario said:

Russians were helping Democrats for decades and we never heard a peep. All of a sudden the Russians flip the script and start helping republicans and the democrats are all of a sudden concerned about Russian meddling. Interesting.

I didn't know Russians helped Democrats for decades which is why you didn't hear a peep from me. You have any facts behind that echo chamber opinion?
ATL Bear
Username checks out said:

contrario said:

I didn't know Russians helped Democrats for decades which is why you didn't hear a peep from me. You have any facts behind that echo chamber opinion?
Depends upon how you define "help". There's some smoke around Ted Kennedy in the 80's of a somewhat direct nature, but these things never happen in a manner of obvious comport. But Russians intend to help Russia, so they'll play the entire spectrum.
BearN
ATL Bear said:

You know what the Russians most effective way of meddling in our elections has been? Getting us to believe that they're meddling so much in our elections. That's the master work of disinformation campaigns. Create the inference of mistrust so that the perception becomes reality. Congratulations to the many who've willingly carried the water for the charade.

Yep. Not sure if the dip****s on the left get that Soviet Russia has been playing this game for 100 ****ing years. You don't have a ******* clue what they are doing. The Democrat party is rife with Marxists and the stupid sons of *****es on this board are crying about Russian interference. The Communists have taken over the ****ing Democratic Party. The BLM Marxists are rioting, burning, and looting our cities, and you stupid sons of *****es are posting about "possible Russian interference?"
fubar
ATL Bear said:

So in a way, our own CIA is a Russian asset. Got it.
Ski8103

Ski8103 said:

Cool, so reports of Russian interference on behalf of Trump don't bother you because it helps your tribe. Got it

Russians goofing around isn't gonna stop especially with stuff like mail in ballots going on.

You did hit on something important though. One of the awesome things about the USA is that many people don't view themselves as part of a tribe, or if they do it's an American tribe that doesn't care where you came from. One of the worst things about these times is how liberals have purposefully drug the American people back towards a tribal mindset. It negates one of our best assets as a society.
ATL Bear
fubar said:

ATL Bear said:

So in a way, our own CIA is a Russian asset. Got it.
The CIA knows and understands their efforts are to fuel public discord. It's the useful idiots who swallow those efforts and do exactly that. The article above is a classic example. The competing politics only adds to the intrigue and exploitive opportunity.
George Truett
cinque said:

...is personally handling Russian attempts to discredit Joe Biden. Republicans shrug:

WASHINGTON The CIA assessed in late August that Vladimir Putin and other top Russian officials are "probably" directing a Russian operation to intervene in the election by discrediting Joe Biden, current and former intelligence officials told NBC News.
The assessment was first reported by Washington Post columnist Josh Rogin.

Two of the officials said the CIA assessment analyzed the activities of Andreii Derkach, a Ukrainian lawmaker who has provided information to the president's attorney, Rudy Giuliani. Giuliani has said he "interviewed" Derkach three times.
[url=https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/dhs-has-delayed-intel-report-foreign-powers-trying-raise-doubts-n1239067?icid=related][/url]
[url=https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/dhs-has-delayed-intel-report-foreign-powers-trying-raise-doubts-n1239067][/url]DHS delayed intel report on foreign powers trying to raise doubts about Biden, Trump health

According to Rogin's report, the first line of the classified document is: "We assess that President Vladimir Putin and the senior-most Russian officials are aware of and probably directing Russia's influence operations aimed at denigrating the former U.S. Vice President, supporting the U.S. president and fueling public discord ahead of the U.S. election in November."
A U.S. official familiar with the matter did not dispute that language. Two officials said the assessment was contained in a CIA document that is widely distributed in different versions around the government.
Some versions of the assessment reflected what U.S. government officials have already said publicly, with the exception of the finding that Putin was directing the operation, which private experts have long said is likely. The CIA assessed that Putin directed the 2016 operation to hurt Hillary Clinton and help Donald Trump
Putin definitely has something on Trump.

Can't think of anything else that can explain his behavior. He won't even confront him about paying bounties on our soldiers.
George Truett
cinque said:

Actually, they've always admired Putin.
HuMcK
Yeah, if only there was some hard fact that showed the allegation to be more than just a rumor, like for example if Trump's campaign manager had been meeting with someone he knew to be a Russian spy so they could talk campaign strategies while Russia hacked Democrats to support Trump, or perhaps if Trump's son had accepted an explicit offer of assistance from the Russian government...
fadskier

Ski8103 said:

OK cinque
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
ATL Bear
HuMcK said:

Yeah, if only there was some hard fact that showed the allegation to be more than just a rumor, like for example if Trump's campaign manager had been meeting with someone he knew to be a Russian spy so they could talk campaign strategies while Russia hacked Democrats to support Trump...
Thank you for proving the point. The GRU thanks you. I mean your comrade Truett is still pushing the bounty story so he's putting in work too. Cinque is probably still sleeping in from a late night of bot trolling. They've been very effective in exploiting Trump dislike.
HuMcK
So just to be clear, do you deny that those things the parties admitted to happened? Does ignoring the available evidence so you can call other people suckers make you feel superior somehow? Because from where I'm sitting it just makes you look dumb.

Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but those things (and a whole lot more) happened, and no amount of your wishful thinking will make it go away.
ATL Bear
HuMcK said:

So just to be clear, do you deny that those things the parties admitted to happened? Does ignoring the available evidence so you can call other people suckers make you feel superior somehow? Because from where I'm sitting it just makes you look dumb.

Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but those things (and a whole lot more) happened, and no amount of your wishful thinking will make it go away.
We spied on American citizens based upon dubious information originating from Russian sources, and you're focused on the candidate you don't like using inferences of purpose that never materialized or proved to have any impact.
HuMcK
ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

We spied on American citizens based upon dubious information originating from Russian sources, and you're focused on the candidate you don't like using inferences of purpose that never materialized or proved to have any impact.

Did they happen or not? I'm tired of you not acknowledging known events to then pretend like they didn't happen.

1 American citizen, Carter Page, was surveilled after he left the Trump campaign and immediately went to Moscow, with inital warrants that even that a thorough review agreed were sound and valid. So you don't even know basic facts about the case you have such passionate opinions over.

I didn't make any inferences actually (apparently you may have made some unconscious ones...), I just recited two objective accounts of things that happened. What is your innocent explanation for Trump's campaign manager meeting with a Russian spy to talk campaign strategy?

Again, tell yourself whatever you need to keep supporting such a deeply corrupt POTUS, but understand that you are deluding yourself to live in an alternate reality. "Alternative facts", if you will.
ATL Bear
HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Did they happen or not? I'm tired of you not acknowledging known events to then pretend like they didn't happen.

1 American citizen, Carter Page, was surveilled after he left the Trump campaign and immediately went to Moscow, with inital warrants that even that a thorough review agreed were sound and valid. So you don't even know basic facts about the case you have such passionate opinions over.

I didn't make any inferences actually (apparently you may have made some unconscious ones...), I just recited two objective accounts of things that happened. What is your innocent explanation for Trump's campaign manager meeting with a Russian spy to talk campaign strategy?

Again, tell yourself whatever you need to keep supporting such a deeply corrupt POTUS, but understand that you are deluding yourself to live in an alternate reality. "Alternative facts", if you will
Alternative facts? What has harmed the US more? The meeting or the mistrust built up around around the story? You are one of the willing stooges pushing disinformation that continually surrounds
it. We instigated an impeachment of a sitting President from Russian sources dubious intel. The Russians don't care about Trump. They care about discord. We've used these same tactics for decades to help disrupt governments from South and Central America to Africa to Asia. You've made the argument that Trump is a Russian asset. Who is living in an alternate reality? You are consumed with hate are are willing to draw the most insane conclusions based upon the slightest of inferences. That's what makes you a stooge.
Mothra

Ski8103 said:

What do you suggest the U.S. do based on reports that Russia is "probably" directing a Russian operation to intervene in the election? War? Sanctions (we are doing that already)?

Maybe the Republicans should concede the election?
Mothra
cinque said:

Carlos Safety said:

cinque said:

Did you know he and Trump met in Helsinki?
I am shocked that Trump met with another head of state.

Did you know he's also met with Xi on a number of occasions? Chinese collusion!
4th and Inches
HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Again, tell yourself whatever you need to keep supporting such a deeply corrupt POTUS, but understand that you are deluding yourself to live in an alternate reality. "Alternative facts", if you will.
well... we went from a corrupt potus to a corrupt potus to a "deeply" corrupt potus and will be voting on which of the two corrupt people will lead our country in 2021...

Polls show that everyone knows there is media bias, people have been hearing the Dems shout about everything under the sun for the last four years and now they are desensitized to it.

Economy and jobs are big priority right now for voters and polls showing they like Trumps ability to handle economy better.
4th and Inches
ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Again, tell yourself whatever you need to keep supporting such a deeply corrupt POTUS, but understand that you are deluding yourself to live in an alternate reality. "Alternative facts", if you will
Alternative facts? What has harmed the US more? The meeting or the mistrust built up around around the story? You are one of the willing stooges pushing disinformation that continually surrounds
it. We instigated an impeachment of a sitting President from Russian sources dubious intel. The Russians don't care about Trump. They care about discord. We've used these same tactics for decades to help disrupt governments from South and Central America to Africa to Asia. You've made the argument that Trump is a Russian asset. Who is living in an alternate reality? You are consumed with hate are are willing to draw the most insane conclusions based upon the slightest of inferences. That's what makes you a stooge.
what Alt Bear is describing is called a color revolution... we have been doing it for years in foreign countries, are you Surprised that other countries are attempting to do it here? Norm Esien and Mark McFaul both worked for Obama and are well versed in these techniques(see their books) Mcfaul was O's ambassador to Russia...
HuMcK
Trump has caused more disunity in America than any POTUS since Andrew Johnson, y'all complain about the symptoms of it and blame the other side constantly, while calling for civil war or the breakup of the US. Most of the destruction has been for the simple purpose of covering his own ass from any accountability. It's why Russia supported him so openly and continues to do so, he doesn't even have to be an agent because his fundamental character flaws are already so beneficial to our enemies. Trump's own IC agrees that's it's happening and says so every chance they get, not my fault you can't accept it.
ATL Bear
HuMcK said:

Trump has caused more disunity in America than any POTUS since Andrew Johnson, y'all complain about the symptoms of it and blame the other side constantly, while calling for civil war or the breakup of the US. Most of the destruction has been for the simple purpose of covering his own ass from any accountability. It's why Russia supported him so openly and continues to do so, he doesn't even have to be an agent because his fundamental character flaws are already so beneficial to our enemies. Trump's own IC agrees that's it's happening and says so every chance they get, not my fault you can't accept it.
What you can't except is that you're part of it. And that's what makes it so easy for the foreign intel services.
J.R.
There is something going on with Putin visa vis Trump. I don't know what it is, but Trumps behavior relative to Russia does not pass the smell test. I know the Trump org has largely been funded by Russians because American Banks won't lend him money because he is a huge credit risk. The Russians very likely have something on the Trumps.
Wrecks Quan Dough
J.R. said:

There is something going on with Putin visa vis Trump. I don't know what it is, but Trumps behavior relative to Russia does not pass the smell test. I know the Trump org has largely been funded by Russians because American Banks won't lend him money because he is a huge credit risk. The Russians very likely have something on the Trumps.
The logical flow of these four sentences is simply unassailable.
Ski8103
HuMcK said:

That's diarrhea of the mouth. How is it that liberals continue to break our people into smaller and smaller categories divided by race, gender, education, socio economic, etc. and its the president's fault there's not unity? Eventually that kind of tribalism eats its own!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.