Had That Been Antifa & Black Lives Matter Yesterday in DC.........

10,442 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whiterock
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
what would have happened and what would we be debating today?
Guy Noir
It has been noted in the news that the BLM Protests in D.C. had a stronger law enforcemet persence than the event yesterday.

I was surprised the Police presence was so light. There were obvious indicators that this protest (riot) was a coming.
jimdue
Thee University said:

Not sure that I care. I am tired of both the hard core MAGA and hard core anti Trumper's pointing out the sins of their political enemy every time someone they agree with does bad things.

I am passionate about being a conservative but not passionate towards defending dumb things leaders or their followers do just because I agree with them on some or most issues.

Redbrickbear
Thee University said:

Had it been antifa and BLM? Probably the same thing with a little more looting. A few dead and the capitol occupied for a while.

So not much different sadly than what happened yesterday.

The only difference would be the national Media reaction...more of "it was mostly peaceful" and "it was just a 100 hot heads out of the tens of thousands of peaceful protestors".

Hate to see the Country come to this point.

Hate that the Left legitimatized mass political rioting/violence over the past year.

Hate that the Right has sunk to their level and done it now.

Hate everything about it.

OsoCoreyell
jimdue said:

Thee University said:

Not sure that I care. I am tired of both the hard core MAGA and hard core anti Trumper's pointing out the sins of their political enemy every time someone they agree with does bad things.

I am passionate about being a conservative but not passionate towards defending dumb things leaders or their followers do just because I agree with them on some or most issues.

Amen. What happened yesterday was shameful. I don't have to bring in my opinion on any other matter to state that clearly.
Thee University
OsoCoreyell said:

jimdue said:

Thee University said:

Amen. What happened yesterday was shameful. I don't have to bring in my opinion on any other matter to state that clearly.
It was shameful. Embarrassing. But is anyone really surprised?

A few things I found entertaining:

1. The swamp rats pissing down both legs out of fear
2. Politicians waiting until the all clear sign was given before scrambling to get in front of a camera to denounce it
3. Liberal left outrage when what they ignored for the past year did billions of $$$ damage and ruined cities
4. Leftist media darlings hopping up on their usual soapbox to rail against conservatives
5. Liberals trying to cloak this outburst as being manufactured and carried out by the white nationalists, the KKK and every other imaginable hate group

A few things repulsive:

1. Trump. I know he is an egotistical, neurotic slime ball but is he not a direct reflection of probably 40% of America today? The sad thing is that I still believe he was a better choice than Hillary. Even this morning.
2. That the good people (there were thousands) who came to DC to protest are now labeled as the same as those who trespassed and did damage
3. All on capital hill. They are spineless, opportunistic idiots who will now ride yesterday ginning up every conceivable negative excuse for even more division within our country.
4. See #3,#4 & #5 above
robby44
We already saw the response but it was actions far less severe than storming the US Capitol
robby44
Double standard': Black lawmakers and activists decry police response to attack on US Capitol

https://news.yahoo.com/black-lives-matter-protesters-were-221653420.html
robby44
Thee University
robby44 said:

Double standard': Black lawmakers and activists decry police response to attack on US Capitol

https://news.yahoo.com/black-lives-matter-protesters-were-221653420.html
Robby,

From what I saw this year most of the Antifa & BLM troublemakers were white bread caucasian punks.

From what I can determine so far this was a one time event that was successful in waking up many folks. No looting occurred. No rioting. No law abiding folks on the street and in their neighborhoods were not beaten up or intimidated. No fires were set. If any of this did occur it was on a very small scale.

Police responses on the streets of the Democrat led cesspools in some of our most crime infested cities is much different than on the steps of the US Capital.

I find it hilarious that people will call for de-funding the police one day and then the next cry about lack of police. The past 75 years have shown us you deal with people differently in different cities based on a readily available track record.
bubbadog
Guy Noir said:

I was surprised the Police presence was so light yesterday. There were obvious indicators that this protest (riot) was a possibility.
I think a lot of people were surprised by that.

The Capitol Police were outnumbered and not in riot gear. I have to think both of those were factors in a less aggressive response, even amid reports that some of the mob were clubbing police with axe handles. Apparently the situation didn't get under control under Capitol Police called on the DC Police for assistance.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
Forest Bueller_bf
robby44 said:

Been nice if the Capital steps looked like this yesterday.

1) I was shocked 100's of thousands showed up. If security knew that many would be there, they should have been ready.

2) I was sick at home yesterday and was watching live when Rudy Giuliani said his crazy "trial by combat" or whatever it was, that was a crazy thing to say. At the moment I thought that would be a headline tomorrow.

Fact is some of those people showed up thinking that election outcome was actually in question, that they could make a difference and are so misguided they thought they were doing something heroic. When someone says do "trial by combat", they actually think they are doing something right.

Add to the fact there was a joint session going on, with many thousand wandering around, there should have been a huge presence on the steps waiting for any conflict.

Hindsight of course is 20/20, but some people could see this coming 100 miles away. Should have been ready.
bear2be2
jimdue said:

Thee University said:

Respect.

We won't get anywhere as a nation until people on both sides of the political spectrum show a willingness to judge/condemn their own side's bull**** as harshly as their adversaries'.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

Washington D.C. would still be burning and the mainstream news media would be celebrating.
Forest Bueller_bf
bear2be2 said:

jimdue said:

Thee University said:

Respect.

We won't get anywhere as a nation until people on both sides of the political spectrum show a willingness to judge/condemn their own side's bull**** as harshly as their adversaries'.
Yep.
ATL Bear
How much vandalism occurred even with the breach?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
bear2be2 said:

jimdue said:

Thee University said:

Respect.

Hey!!!! Who are you? What have you done with bear2be2 and why are you typing on his computer?

All kidding aside, good post!
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
muddybrazos
Yesterday's events are not so cut and dry and it looks like some professional agitators may have actually been there to kickstart some violence.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/questions-about-chaos-capitol-desperately-need-be-answered

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/why-was-founder-far-left-blm-group-filming-inside-capitol-police-shot-protester
PartyBear
I dont think it was hundreds of thousands. That said I think law enforcement thought any protest would be peaceful and did not think even Trump would cross the line to call on them to "take the Capitol" and then let hours go by before giving a meek behave everyone be peaceful or go home. That said they should have been far more prepared especially when Trump had been posting numerous times over the last few weeks that he would make Jan 6th be wild or something like that. Almost like the Joker issuing a warning of something in a Batman movie.

To say there was no looting is ignoring what you witnessed on TV. It would be like had the Zapruder film been live TV coverage trying to argue then next day that Pres. Kennedy at least wasnt harmed.
Jack Bauer
The Healer-in-Chief:

BIDEN: "No one can tell me that if it had been a group of Black Lives Matter protesting yesterday, there wouldn't they wouldn't have been treated very, very differently than the mob of thugs that stormed the Capitol." pic.twitter.com/h7uWsEa2UK
Jack Bauer
And his trusty side-kick. (um, they did shoot tear gas and flash-bangs at protestors. Hell, they even killed a protestor but that's not enough blood for Kamala). GFY.

.@KamalaHarris: "We witnessed two systems of justice when we saw one that let extremists storm the United States Capitol, and another that released tear gas on peaceful protesters last summerWe know this is unacceptable. We know we should be better than this." pic.twitter.com/Uc1FC8aZKg

==

As someone who has covered many of the riots last year, I can say this narrative is simply false. Tear gas, pepper balls, pepper spray, and flashbangs were all used yesterday, just as they were used on rioters in 2020. https://t.co/WdjJXyfa6X

Julio Rosas (@Julio_Rosas11) January 7, 2021

Guy Noir
I was surprised that the rioters found a time whe Congress was actually doing their job.
Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

And his trusty side-kick. (um, they did shoot tear gas and flash-bangs at protestors. Hell, they even killed a protestor but that's not enough blood for Kamala). GFY.

.@KamalaHarris: "We witnessed two systems of justice when we saw one that let extremists storm the United States Capitol, and another that released tear gas on peaceful protesters last summerWe know this is unacceptable. We know we should be better than this." pic.twitter.com/Uc1FC8aZKg

==

As someone who has covered many of the riots last year, I can say this narrative is simply false. Tear gas, pepper balls, pepper spray, and flashbangs were all used yesterday, just as they were used on rioters in 2020. https://t.co/WdjJXyfa6X

The dividers will always divide. Harris is a divider, Biden is a divider, Trump is a divider. Besides all these incendiary devises used. One was even shot dead.

The biggest problem was lack of preparedness and lack of planning by police security. They weren't ready.
Florda_mike
Been reported buses of Antifa were ushered in by DC police

Said to have infiltrated Trump folks

Videos showing they went in back door or were just plain let in

Not surprised nothing on it on this thread

How tame can you be

Geez
muddybrazos
Florda_mike said:

Been reported buses of Antifa were ushered in by DC police

Said to have infiltrated Trump folks

Videos showing they went in back door or were just plain let in

Not surprised nothing on it on this thread

How tame can you be

Geez
you could go up a couple of posts and read these links i posted

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/questions-about-chaos-capitol-desperately-need-be-answered

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/why-was-founder-far-left-blm-group-filming-inside-capitol-police-shot-protester
Whiskey Pete
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

==

The dividers will always divide. Harris is a divider, Biden is a divider, Trump is a divider. Besides all these incendiary devises used. One was even shot dead.

The biggest problem was lack of preparedness and lack of planning by police security. They weren't ready.
They didn't want to be ready. They wanted this for the optics. Bank it.
Florda_mike
Sorry bud you've gotta know I'm just talking about majority left posting here now and not you

PM me if you want a better Poli site

This one won't get conservative for awhile now

Giant circle jerk of jerks
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Thanks Mike. You do realize this board is about 85% republican dont you?

Did you and Wuzzie have a good time rioting yesterday? It looked like fun on TV
BellCountyBear
When one side of an ideology is not allowed to even vent without being cancelled, the pressure eventually builds up to explosive levels. You get what you get.
BearTruth13
Florda_mike said:

Sorry bud you've gotta know I'm just talking about majority left posting here now and not you

PM me if you want a better Poli site

This one won't get conservative for awhile now

Giant circle jerk of jerks

Farewell! You added nothing to any thread! We shall miss thee!
jupiter

bubbadog
I finally had a chance to look at a lot of video last night. My take was that the police were simply overwhelmed.

I saw video of police being attacked by the mob. I saw video of the police fighting back with pepper spray and truncheons, tackling a protester, trying to hold back the crowd. There were also a few who seemed to allowing the crowd to run riot, the video of one cop who led a rioter take a selfie with him, and other video of cops holding the door open to allow rioters to leave. The cop with the selfie will be identified and fired, I expect. And I understand why the overwhelmed cops (it looked like Custer's Last Stand at times) didn't try to arrest more people -- they just didn't have the manpower.

The bigger question is WHY they didn't have the manpower. That's going to be heavily investigated. Congress was in session debating an issue that had become highly controversial, and a huge crowd was gathered within spitting distance of the Capitol to support the president's claim that the election was stolen. Gee, who could've predicted there might be trouble?

BTW, if the woman who died was shot simply because she came through a window as hundreds of others did, that's an awful police overreaction in my book. Shooting the guy who killed the cop by hitting with a fire extinguisher would have been legitimate self-defense. Have they identified the attacker?
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
Jack and DP
A woman was shot and killed. Should've been more shot. Just like there should've been a lot more shot this summer in Portland and other places.
Jack Bauer
Honest question - how many looters in Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Philly, DC, Chicago, Kenosha were shot dead by the cops?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.