Adam Toledo

17,677 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mothra
LRA Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So what did this 13 year old child do to deserve to be murdered by the police? I'm sure all of the experts here have some very reasonable thoughts on the matter.
Shippou

Ummmm... Well you see, he ran, and that's bad and he shouldn't have done that. The cop was justified.

/s
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Why is a seventh grader in an alley in Chicago at 2:30 a.m. in the morning? Where the **ck were his parents?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jack and DP
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Why is a seventh grader in an alley in Chicago at 2:30 a.m. in the morning? Where the **ck were his parents?

He was in an alley because he ran from police. He and his partner had allegedly been shooting at passing cars before the police arrived. Still shot shows him with hands up and no gun. Pistol was found on the other side of the fence.

Sad deal all the way around.
BylrFan
LRA Bear said:

So what did this 13 year old child do to deserve to be murdered by the police? I'm sure all of the experts here have some very reasonable thoughts on the matter.
The kid was literally tossing the gun behind the fence as he was turning to face the cop. It was almost simultaneous.

Easy to sit here and Monday morning QB the whole thing but I think everyone here would have pulled the trigger too.
quash
Video show that A.T. may have been holding a gun when he was shot, and that a gun was on the ground at the scene. Let's let the investigation run.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Amy Pagitt
ah, yes, who among us wouldn't murder someone with their hands up
quash
Amy Pagitt said:

It's not murder until there's a trial and a verdict.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
BylrFan
Amy Pagitt said:

Maybe he shouldn't have been shot. I don't know. But this little gangbanger was headed to prison or the morgue very fast. This one officer just happened to be the unlucky one to be on the scene.

There was a gun in hand moments before officers shot. Watch the video, Context is everything.
ShooterTX
Amy Pagitt said:

let's see....

shooting a gun in a dark alley at night, then running from the cops with that gun in your hand, then you quickly spin around in the dark to face the cops and raise your hands...

yep, this is a head scratcher.

I love how you guys always try to paint this as just some innocent, college bound student who was murdered by a cop for no reason at all. He was just in the alley helping feed the homeless and tutoring under-privledged 3rd graders, while doing research on the cure for cancer... right?

13 years old, hanging out with a felon and shooting a gun at 2:30am.... this kid was on death row, by his own stupid decisions. He just happened to die by a cop, rather than some hoodrat with a gun.

The only person I truly feel sorry for is the cop. He has to live with the fact that he shot a 13 year old criminal.... very sad indeed.
ShooterTX
DioNoZeus
13 year olds need to be in school. Thanks CPS.
Gold Tron
He was in an alley at 2:30 am? He had a weapon? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. My mom always said flee from the appearance of evil. He clearly did not and bad things ensued. Happens all the time in many places. Unfortunate? Yes. Newsworthy? Unfortunately no.
ShooterTX
More than anything, you really gotta love those strict gun control laws in Chicago. Yeah... gun control totally works, wherever it is tried.

13 year old kid in Chicago has a gun, but I am supposed to surrender my AR15... bull*****
ShooterTX
DioNoZeus
Took place in Little Village, a neighborhood that is notorious for Latino gangs

(Image borrowed from Thee University)
Brian G
"If you have a gun, you deserve to be shot by the cops."

"You're never taking my guns away!"

You're very comfortable with mind blowing hypocrisy.
ShooterTX
Brian G said:

Wow... you like to make up **** almost as much as CNN.

I never said "if you have a gun, you deserve to be shot by the cops." Not even close.

If you use a gun in a criminal manner, then run from the cops, and pose a potential threat to the cops with a gun... yeah... you deserve to get shot.

The mind blowing part here is your total lack of intelligence. How can you be so stupid that you can't understand the difference between a law-abiding citizen who owns a gun vs. a criminal who is committed gun related crimes and running from the cops? You MUST be a Biden voter... no doubt about it.
ShooterTX
LRA Bear
Somehow this 61 year old white man in Minnesota managed not to be shot and killed by the police yesterday.
contrario
Brian G said:

Wow, you're very comfortable with mind blowing stupidity.
Jack and DP
LRA Bear said:

Somehow this 61 year old white man in Minnesota managed not to be shot and killed by the police yesterday.

ATL Bear
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/maryland-state-trooper-involved-in-leonardtown-shooting-1-hurt/2638997/

Story to go with the post above mine.
Jack and DP
What's heartbreaking about Toledo is that he was a disposable kid. Just thrown out into the streets like trash. Obviously, no one cared if he came home or not.
Jackson went to a 10 pm curfew for those under 18 to save them from themselves.

Brian G
I feel like this would be a more productive conversation in person. Do you go to the football games?
DioNoZeus
Brian G said:

I feel like this would be a more productive conversation in person. Do you go to the football games?
So this is clearly a sock. What's you're other handle?
Brian G
I don't know what that means, but two people replied with things they wouldn't say to someone's face in any situation. It feels like we're losing a sense of reality here.
ShooterTX
Brian G said:

I'm lucky to make 2 or 3 games a year... at best.
If you want to meet up sometime, just let me know. I have family in Waco, so I travel through there from time to time.

I must admit, I'm not sure if you are wanting to share a beer, or get your ass kicked... either way, I'm happy to serve it up for you. Maybe you want to go old school, and get your ass kicked before we share a beer... I'm good with that too. Just be sure to keep your blood out of my beer... deal?
ShooterTX
DioNoZeus
Brian G said:

I don't know what that means, but two people replied with things they wouldn't say to someone's face in any situation. It feels like we're losing a sense of reality here.
&ct=g
Mudbear
Will this tragedy finally wake the national media up and shed light on the Chicago homicide rate and violence? 770 people died by homicide in Chicago last year.

Mayor Lightfoot is a complete joke and has lost all control of her city. Chicago Police have been resigning from their jobs and going elsewhere because they are demonized and don't feel supported and also have a family to go home to. She has created a "perfect storm" where gangs rule the streets, and citizens are fearful for their lives. Innocent children are killed everyday in Chicago by stray bullets /drive-bys, yet those deaths barely get a mention.

Black on black crime and gang violence is ignored and shoved under the rug in. What happened didn't happen in a vacuum. Root causes must be addressed and Mayor Lightfoot needs to go!
SailorBexar
Such a sad story. From what I've seen - it looks like the kid had a gun and tossed it behind the fence as he turned toward the cop. The cop did not see him toss it behind the fence. Cop shot thinking the kid was turning and pointing a gun at him.

Mitch Blood Green
DioNoZeus said:

Night school?
SIC EM 94
Brian G said:

You have 3 posts to your name...none of which exhibit the slightest bit of reality.
DioNoZeus
tommie said:

DioNoZeus said:

Night school?
&ct=g
LRA Bear
SIC EM 94 said:

Brian G said:

You have 3 posts to your name...none of which exhibit the slightest bit of reality.

Maybe with all the positive pub the board has been getting on social media it's attracted some new members.
SIC EM 94
ShooterTX said:

Brian G said:

I'm lucky to make 2 or 3 games a year... at best.
If you want to meet up sometime, just let me know. I have family in Waco, so I travel through there from time to time.

I must admit, I'm not sure if you are wanting to share a beer, or get your ass kicked... either way, I'm happy to serve it up for you. Maybe you want to go old school, and get your ass kicked before we share a beer... I'm good with that too. Just be sure to keep your blood out of my beer... deal?

Can you let us know if y'all decide to meet at the bike racks, flag pole, or George's? Either way I'd like to see this.
Jack Bauer
LRA Bear said:

How would you able to pick up in that split moment he was 13?
Amy Pagitt
WHY DOES IT MATTER?! He turned around with his hands up, and THEN he was shot. Good grief, will none of you ever just say "THIS WAS WRONG. POLICE ARE NOT JUDGES AND JURIES. THERE IS A PROBLEM, AND WE SHOULD *ALL* WANT TO FIX IT." I promise it won't turn you into a lib just to admit that there are some really terrible police officers and the first sensible thing would be for their bad behavior to stop being covered up and explained away. SHEESH.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.