Is Anybody Else Tired of Hearing & Seeing Trump in the News?

9,192 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Malbec
muddybrazos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Sachimo said:

Wow. Can you give me your definition of a fascist? I cant find a definition that applies to an owner making decisions about his private company. It sounds more like capitalism to me.
Sure it's capitalism... but it's still facist-ishy. It would be less so if they applied the terms of service equally across their "platform"
I was taught that fascism is pretty much the opposite of capitalism What is the difference between fascism and capitalism?

Capitalism is an economic system in which the means to create wealth are privately controlled, as opposed to being owned by the state. Capitalists lament government interference in industry. ... Fascism is an ultra-right-wing political system in which the state exercises complete control over economics and society

So fascists are the ones claiming Twitter is a public utility (you know, like electricity, gas, water and sewage).

The reason to claim its a public utility is so the government can seize and control a privately owned company. They want to steal the fruits of an individual or group's labor and demand use of their property. Talk about entitlement....

So you are ok with corporations who have a monopoly colluding together to infringe on constitutional rights of an individual as long as it's not done by a government. Got it.
Whiskey Pete
Sachimo said:

Hitler was responsible for 6 million jew deaths and millions of homos, gypsies and others. Twitter denies some people the ability to twit. Call me a dick if you want.
A company could be legally right to patrol their "platform" as the see fit. That doesn't mean their behavior can't be that of a fascist.
Bingo!
whiterock
muddybrazos said:

Sachimo said:

Wow. Can you give me your definition of a fascist? I cant find a definition that applies to an owner making decisions about his private company. It sounds more like capitalism to me.
Sure it's capitalism... but it's still facist-ishy. It would be less so if they applied the terms of service equally across their "platform"
I was taught that fascism is pretty much the opposite of capitalism What is the difference between fascism and capitalism?

Capitalism is an economic system in which the means to create wealth are privately controlled, as opposed to being owned by the state. Capitalists lament government interference in industry. ... Fascism is an ultra-right-wing political system in which the state exercises complete control over economics and society

So fascists are the ones claiming Twitter is a public utility (you know, like electricity, gas, water and sewage).

The reason to claim its a public utility is so the government can seize and control a privately owned company. They want to steal the fruits of an individual or group's labor and demand use of their property. Talk about entitlement....

So you are ok with corporations who have a monopoly colluding together to infringe on constitutional rights of an individual as long as it's not done by a government. Got it.
....or to engage in monopolistic behavior in the market citing "corporate responsibility to fight white supremacy."
curtpenn

Sachimo said:

Have never seen the reason for labeling fascism as "ultra-right-wing", when the reality is the regressive left is intent on creating generations of neo-serfs while exercising control over economics and society. Only the willfully blind or ignorant cannot see this.
Doc Holliday
BearTruth13 said:

Honestly haven't heard much from him since Twitter banned him. It has been very refreshing. He ended up being the biggest cancer to the conservative movement in decades. And the competition for that title is fierce.

Hope he enjoys his McDonalds and golf for his remaining years and we never hear from him again.

Not gonna happen as he is about to start his rallies again. But a guy can dream. Sigh.
Hopefully this doesn't mean you support neocons who've completely abandoned the middle class.
Doc Holliday

Sachimo said:

Enlighten yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oligarchy
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
muddybrazos said:

Sachimo said:

Constitutional right to tweet? Freedom of speech does not give you the right to demand I let you place a LGBT rainbow sign in my yard.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Doc Holliday

muddybrazos said:

Sachimo said:

Constitutional right to tweet? Freedom of speech does not give you the right to demand I let you place a LGBT rainbow sign in my yard.
The end result of you not agreeing that corporations can become oligarchs in the US, is you being ruled by them and the constitution failing to protect you.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Doc Holliday said:

Sachimo said:

Enlighten yourself.

My definition of capitalism and fascism is straight from Wikipedia also/
Mothra
bear2be2 said:

Carlos Cruz said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

Honestly haven't heard much from him since Twitter banned him. It has been very refreshing. He ended up being the biggest cancer to the conservative movement in decades. And the competition for that title is fierce.

Hope he enjoys his McDonalds and golf for his remaining years and we never hear from him again.

Not gonna happen as he is about to start his rallies again. But a guy can dream. Sigh.

Same. He's been out of sight, out of mind since the great, and well-earned Twitter ban of 2020.

Yes, the fascist outburst by your online overlords.
Everyone who creates a Twitter account agrees to the same rules. Trump was given an enormous amount of rope.

That's not fascism.
Although I am in many ways thankful twitter banned him so I don't have to see the media post every mean tweet, the question is, are the rules applied equally to all people, or is there a bias in favor of one side of the aisle?

Of course, those are rhetorical questions, as we know twitter often times enforces its rules only against conservatives.
Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday said:

Sachimo said:

Enlighten yourself.

My definition of capitalism and fascism is straight from Wikipedia also/
Yeah...combine both of those terms and you get 'Oligarchy'.

You don't think business can oppress people?
Mothra

Actually, it's corporatism, something that you have longed confused with libertarianism on these boards. Your position on twitter most closely resembles corporatism, not libertarianism.

It's ok, well-meaning libertarians often times confuse the two.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I guess it could happen. Cutting off my electricity for political reasons would be oppressive. The gas company denying me service because I am part Indian would be oppressive.

Twitter telling me I cant complain about our proud white culture becoming infested with taco eating bean heads would be oppressive. Twitter deciding they dont want to use their business to promote my thoughts about bean eaters is not oppressive. Its their company not mine.
Mothra

I guess it could happen. Cutting off my electricity for political reasons would be oppressive. The gas company denying me service because I am part Indian would be oppressive.

Twitter telling me I cant complain about our proud white culture becoming infested with taco eating bean heads would be oppressive. Twitter deciding they dont want to use their business to promote my thoughts about bean eaters is not oppressive. Its their company not mine.
In short, you're a corporatist.
Oldbear83
In past years, the government has reined in railroads, banks, steel companies and other groups which controlled industries even though the individual companies did not constitute monopolies. The same logic may be applied to rein in the excesses by Google, Facebook, and other online media companies.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Doc Holliday

Twitter telling me I cant complain about our proud white culture becoming infested with taco eating bean heads would be oppressive.
I would never agree to censor your opinion, but damn that's racist man.

What can get you kicked off twitter today is as simple as saying "I don't trust our voting system".
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Mothra said:

I prefer capitalist. Most republicans used to be in favor of private property. Nowdays theres not much difference between dems and repubs. Early in this thread someone lectured me about the dem. stimulus being fascist. They forgot that Trump demanded to sign the stimulus checks. The only one I ever got was from Pres. Bush.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Doc Holliday said:

Twitter telling me I cant complain about our proud white culture becoming infested with taco eating bean heads would be oppressive.

What can get you kicked off twitter today is as simple as saying "I don't trust our voting system".
It was meant to be. I have listened to this board whine about culture and the browning of Texas etc etc. Could you show me where someone got kicked off twitter for saying "I dont trust our voting system"? It doesnt really matter though. Twitter dosnt owe me anything and I dont fell entitled to the the company. or its services.
Oldbear83
LIQR: "I prefer capitalist. "

Even though that word is not accurate to describe the condition?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86

Mothra said:

Nowdays theres not much difference between dems and repubs.
Wut? The difference is greater than I have seen it in my 57 years of life. Little common ground in 2021.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday said:

It was meant to be. I have listened to this board whine about culture and the browning of Texas etc etc. Could you show me where someone got kicked off twitter for saying "I dont trust our voting system"? It doesnt really matter though. Twitter dosnt owe me anything and I dont fell entitled to the the company. or its services.
Nobody on this board whines about the "browning of Texas". They're whining about cheap labor hurting us and ginormous costs associated based on what they view as unfair. It gets construed as racism by bad actors over time.

You can only have a voice and make change online in today's world. What this effectively means is that a small group of tech giants police who has a voice. Like a tax loophole, they have a 1st amendment loophole because they have a monopoly as a group/entity over the internet: they act in lockstep with one another to target specific speech while owning nearly all the market share.

There's theory and reality man, you can't just ignore reality because it makes sense on paper.
BearTruth13
Doc Holliday said:

BearTruth13 said:

Hopefully this doesn't mean you support neocons who've completely abandoned the middle class.

Not sure why you think Trump was the one and only savior of the middle class.

Not even sure who I would classify as a neocon anymore.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

Nobody on this board whines about the "browning of Texas". They're whining about cheap labor hurting us and ginormous costs associated based on what they view as unfair. It gets construed as racism by bad actors over time.

You can only have a voice and make change online in today's world. What this effectively means is that a small group of tech giants police who has a voice. Like a tax loophole, they have a 1st amendment loophole because they have a monopoly as a group/entity over the internet: they act in lockstep with one another to target specific speech while owning nearly all the market share.

There's theory and reality man, you can't just ignore reality because it makes sense on paper.
The phrase "browning of Texas" was used on this board by one of the best (though sometimes misguided) active posters.
Mothra

Mothra said:

I prefer capitalist. Most republicans used to be in favor of private property. Nowdays theres not much difference between dems and repubs. Early in this thread someone lectured me about the dem. stimulus being fascist. They forgot that Trump demanded to sign the stimulus checks. The only one I ever got was from Pres. Bush.
Except that's not what you are. You are cool with special treatment for big companies such as twitter. That's not capitalism, but corporatism, and it's certainly not libertarian. Capitalism and libertarianism imply equal treatment under the law, not special rules or special interests, as you support. You're a big corporation kind of guy.
Sam Lowry
If y'all are sick of Trump now, get ready to be a lot sicker by 2024. It's not just the left keeping him in the news. Republicans are at war with each other over leadership of the party. Predictable result of the Senate's cowardice in failing to repudiate him once and for all.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

If y'all are sick of Trump now, get ready to be a lot sicker by 2024. It's not just the left keeping him in the news. Republicans are at war with each other over leadership of the party. Predictable result of the Senate's cowardice in failing to repudiate him once and for all.
Translation to English: Some of Trump's policies resonated with lots of people, and are winning tactics for the next couple elections. This worries the Left.
whiterock
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Translation to English: Some of Trump's policies resonated with lots of people, and are winning tactics for the next couple elections. This worries the Left.
It's simply amazing how wrong NeverTrumpers are about Trump & the GOP.

--it worries the left because the Republicans are NOT at war with each other over leadership of the party.
--it worries the left that establishment types like Romney and Cheney have zero influence over the party.

bear2be2
Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Carlos Cruz said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

Same. He's been out of sight, out of mind since the great, and well-earned Twitter ban of 2020.

Everyone who creates a Twitter account agrees to the same rules. Trump was given an enormous amount of rope.

That's not fascism.
Although I am in many ways thankful twitter banned him so I don't have to see the media post every mean tweet, the question is, are the rules applied equally to all people, or is there a bias in favor of one side of the aisle?

Of course, those are rhetorical questions, as we know twitter often times enforces its rules only against conservatives.
The rules weren't equally applied to Trump. He was allowed to violate Twitter's terms and conditions literally hundreds of times before he finally got banned.

I really don't understand the idea here that he was somehow unfairly treated by Twitter. They gave them as much leeway as they've ever given any user.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'll leave it to you to speak for the left. I know some of his policies resonated with me.
Whiskey Pete
bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Carlos Cruz said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

That's not fascism.

The rules weren't equally applied to Trump. He was allowed to violate Twitter's terms and conditions literally hundreds of times before he finally got banned.

I really don't understand the idea here that he was somehow unfairly treated by Twitter. They gave them as much leeway as they've ever given any user.
Not so. He wasn't treated like anyone else. There are still people (liberals) on twitter spewing hatred and lies - violating their TOS, they still have their accounts up and running.
Thee University
Trump's alligator mouth, gigantic ego and poor demeanor have always been repulsive to me although I enjoyed watching the liberal pukes implode and cry out to Karl Marx.

I believe it is time to quit interviewing him, quit putting him up on a stage and hide him in Mar-a-Lago. He did his part and then screwed it up.

It's time for the conservatives to find the REAL 2024 candidate and start polishing him or her up.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Doc Holliday
whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

It's simply amazing how wrong NeverTrumpers are about Trump & the GOP.

--it worries the left because the Republicans are NOT at war with each other over leadership of the party.
--it worries the left that establishment types like Romney and Cheney have zero influence over the party.
I'm convinced NeoCons and NeverTrumpers are wealthy white "conservatives" who have no clue how hard it is to juggle a 60 hour week job, property taxes, daycare and cost of living on $60k a year.
Mothra
bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Carlos Cruz said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

That's not fascism.

I was on Twitter for a few months a couple of years ago. I can't tell you how many vile, hateful and disgusting things I read by users, including well know celebrities and athletes. What Trump said on his official account paled in comparison.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'll leave it to you to speak for the left. I know some of his policies resonated with me.
If you can admit that some of Trump's policies resonated with you, then you should be able to understand why Trump is still relevant to GOP plans even in elections where Trump himself is not running.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Thee University said:

Trump's alligator mouth, gigantic ego and poor demeanor have always been repulsive to me although I enjoyed watching the liberal pukes implode and cry out to Karl Marx.

I believe it is time to quit interviewing him, quit putting him up on a stage and hide him in Mar-a-Lago. He did his part and then screwed it up.

It's time for the conservatives to find the REAL 2024 candidate and start polishing him or her up.
His screw up was letting Anthony Faux-chi take front and center during the Great Covid Panic of 2020.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.