CDC says fully vaccinated Americans no longer need masks indoors or outdoors in most

2,761 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Whiskey Pete
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CDC says fully vaccinated Americans no longer need masks indoors or outdoors in most cases

Americans who are fully vaccinated can go without masks or physical distancing in most cases, even when they are indoors or in large groups, federal officials said Thursday, paving the way for a full reopening of society.
The change represents a huge shift symbolically and practically for pandemic-weary Americans, millions of whom have lived with the restrictions for more than a year. A growing number have complained about having to endure restrictions even after being fully vaccinated, and have accused the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of being overly cautious. More than 117 million Americans are now fully vaccinated, or about 35 percent of the population.
CDC officials cited a growing body of real-world evidence demonstrating the efficacy of the coronavirus vaccines and noted that the shots offer protection even against more-contagious virus variants circulating in the United States. They said they also factored in the country's declining case numbers and the rarity of breakthrough infections in people who have been fully vaccinated. Nonetheless, officials cautioned that the guidelines could change again if the pandemic should worsen.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Life is good. Will be interesting to see if WalMart has to see proof of vaccination before entering the store unmasked.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
LIB,MR BEARS
Deleted my post.

Wrong thread. My bad

The fact that nobody responded to my completely nonsensical post is either a statement to the ignorance of all of you OR a statement to the low expectations others have for my post.

I'm voting for y'all's ignorance but I think I'm going to be outvoted
muddybrazos
Good, I never really wore a mask so far except at Costco but now I don't even have to bother at all.
ABC BEAR
Maybe Joe will take his mask off and set fire to it during the presser.
BaylorHistory
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Life is good. Will be interesting to see if WalMart has to see proof of vaccination before entering the store unmasked.
I try not to go to into a WalMart, but I went in there last week and it seems that only about 50% of the people are masked.
C. Jordan
Yayy!!!

But I hope Borat keeps his on!

J.R.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

why in the world would anyone go into a Walmart? Particularly y'all "Mericans" wanting the cheapest price on earth and all of it made anywhere other than the good ole USA...lol. Always love the bubba Wally World shopper who is down with "made in Merica", but, by god, I'm going to get the lowest possible price......Hello, China!!! Never understood that.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I have not gone into a WalMart since they put in place their mandatory mask requirements. Screw them. I have chosen to do business in the last few months with businesses that do not require masks, even if they have higher prices. We do live in "Merica". The land of the free, not controlled.

WalMart was never about the cheapest price for me. It strictly is about convenience. They are also the single largest private sector employer in the country, so there's that. Glad to hear you wear red, white, and blue underwear and don't buy any products from China. Donald Trump is proud of you!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Cobretti

Porteroso
Who quotes Ben Shapiro as if he is an authority on anything??? I'm just constantly amazed at how hard you radical conservatives get trolled.
Cobretti
Porteroso said:

Who quotes Ben Shapiro as if he is an authority on anything??? I'm just constantly amazed at how hard you radical conservatives get trolled.
He's an opinion commentator. Those are his opinions. 99.99% of the posts on this board are opinions. These opinions just happened to not come from CNN, MSNBC, Vox, Teen Vogue.....
Doc Holliday
Porteroso said:

A month ago we were being told to wear two masks

Might want to reconsider whose getting trolled.
curtpenn
Porteroso said:

Ad hominem is all you have. That's why i typically respond in kind. Figure you might understand how that works.
Team America
I identify as vaccinated so I should be good.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

I guess he's smart enough to realize the obvious - that this new mandate isn't based on any new study bit is instead something we've known all along.
whiterock
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

I guess he's smart enough to realize the obvious - that this new mandate isn't based on any new study bit is instead something we've known all along.
Exactly. "you're no expert" is a tried & true way to avoid a messy entanglement with a person of manifestly superior intelligence.
LIB,MR BEARS
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

approval ratings are not a form of study. Got it.
Canon
J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

why in the world would anyone go into a Walmart? Particularly y'all "Mericans" wanting the cheapest price on earth and all of it made anywhere other than the good ole USA...lol. Always love the bubba Wally World shopper who is down with "made in Merica", but, by god, I'm going to get the lowest possible price......Hello, China!!! Never understood that.
You don't understand why poor people shop at a discount store? I can believe that.
Canon
Porteroso said:

Cite examples of Shapiro being proven wrong about his factual statements or being significantly off regarding political analysis, if you want. Show us all how he has trolled people.

I'll look forward to your brief post.
LIB,MR BEARS
J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

typed while sipping lattes with pinkies out
4th and Inches
People who had COVID can stop wearing them too.

People who dont want to wear them can also stop wearing them.

If you like your mask, you can keep your mask!
J.R.
LIB,MR BEARS said:

J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

typed while sipping lattes with pinkies out
No, I go to my local stores. Sure, I pay a little more, but to me, it is worth supporting the local folks.
midgett
Last week, Biden had his mask OFF while visiting 90+ year olds, Jimmy & Rosalyn Carter, but put it on when he came back outside. Last week, Kamala Harris kissed her HUSBAND goodbye while both were wearing their masks (could be a bad breath thing).

Two months ago, Biden called Abbott and Texans Neanderthals for reducing the mask mandate. Cases and deaths have dropped dramatically.

Two days ago, CDC director Walensky said she would not allow her vaccinated son to go to summer camp. Yesterday she said "anyone fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing."

Cuomo stated today that he will continue mandating masks in NY because he will "follow the science."

The head of the teacher's union, who has continued to advocate for limited in-person schooling, suddenly today stated all schools must reopen this fall.

All this confuses me, you know, because I'm a Neanderthal.

Did the science change or not change?

I suspect it is political science.

After a horrible week for the administration and with DeSantis and Abbott making Neanderthals look smarter by the day, the internal polling suggested masks are no longer needed. Polling is science, right?
fadskier
Doc Holliday said:

Porteroso said:

Exactly. What "science" changed?
Forest Bueller_bf
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

May 14th last year Texas had 1400 new cases, yesterday we had 2500 new cases. This mandate is a feel good move, it would have been correct back in January though, fully vaccinated folks never needed a mask.

The troll job is by the Administration and the CDC, not Ben Shapiro who is simply a highly opinioned commentator making money off his opinions.
Doc Holliday
fadskier said:

Doc Holliday said:

Porteroso said:

Exactly. What "science" changed?
We both know they're making it up as they go.
LIB,MR BEARS
midgett said:

Last week, Biden had his mask OFF while visiting 90+ year olds, Jimmy & Rosalyn Carter, but put it on when he came back outside. Last week, Kamala Harris kissed her HUSBAND goodbye while both were wearing their masks (could be a bad breath thing).

Two months ago, Biden called Abbott and Texans Neanderthals for reducing the mask mandate. Cases and deaths have dropped dramatically.

Two days ago, CDC director Walensky said she would not allow her vaccinated son to go to summer camp. Yesterday she said "anyone fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing."

Cuomo stated today that he will continue mandating masks in NY because he will "follow the science."

The head of the teacher's union, who has continued to advocate for limited in-person schooling, suddenly today stated all schools must reopen this fall.

All this confuses me, you know, because I'm a Neanderthal.

Did the science change or not change?

I suspect it is political science.

After a horrible week for the administration and with DeSantis and Abbott making Neanderthals look smarter by the day, the internal polling suggested masks are no longer needed. Polling is science, right?
borrowing with your permission
midgett
Biden, Fauci, Marks (FDA), Walensky (CDC) all practically mandate vaccinations. You will have freedoms IF you have been vaccinated.

Yet, under oath, they say that only about 60% of their employees are vaccinated.

Get your own house in order before telling others how to run theirs.

Phil Kerpen on Twitter: "Senator Burr asked Fauci, Peter Marks from the FDA, and @CDCDirector what percentage of their own employees are vaccinated. Fauci probably a bit more than half, around 60%. Marks said about the same. Walensky dodged the question. https://t.co/zoeZXZeCWM" / Twitter
Canon
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

May 14th last year Texas had 1400 new cases, yesterday we had 2500 new cases. This mandate is a feel good move, it would have been correct back in January though, fully vaccinated folks never needed a mask.

The troll job is by the Administration and the CDC, not Ben Shapiro who is simply a highly opinioned commentator making money off his opinions.

Don't forget highly accurate and highly rational and highly analytical. Genius level IQs tend to help.
J.R.
Canon said:

J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You don't understand why poor people shop at a discount store? I can believe that.
I'm not talking about "poor people". I'm talking about Bubba who wants to keep his union job where he and the rest wax about "Mecican Made", but they will buy the lowest cost merchandise from Giiina, Viet Nam ect.... just a double standard which I find amazing.
Ghostrider
Thoughts on this?

midgett
Ghostrider said:

Thoughts on this?

As I posted above, Joe should get his house in order before giving orders to everyone else.

Phil Kerpen on Twitter: "Senator Burr asked Fauci, Peter Marks from the FDA, and @CDCDirector what percentage of their own employees are vaccinated. Fauci probably a bit more than half, around 60%. Marks said about the same. Walensky dodged the question. https://t.co/zoeZXZeCWM" / Twitter
Osodecentx
midgett said:

Ghostrider said:

Thoughts on this?

As I posted above, Joe should get his house in order before giving orders to everyone else.

What remedy do you want?
Fire the non-vaccinated?
Wear a mask 100% of the time?
whitetrash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I have not gone into a WalMart since they put in place their mandatory mask requirements. Screw them. I have chosen to do business in the last few months with businesses that do not require masks, even if they have higher prices. We do live in "Merica". The land of the free, not controlled.

WalMart was never about the cheapest price for me. It strictly is about convenience. They are also the single largest private sector employer in the country, so there's that. Glad to hear you wear red, white, and blue underwear and don't buy any products from China. Donald Trump is proud of you!
You can go now. Walmart, like Saul, has had a conversion on the road to "De-mask-us".

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/14/walmart-customers-employees-who-are-vaccinated-wont-need-to-wear-masks.html
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.