This is Just Wrong! I Hope Jon Rahm Sues the PGA!!!

5,604 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

fubar said:

Shouldn't a private organization such as the PGA, in agreement with its players/members, be able to set and enforce its rules?
I dont understand why "conservatives" all of a sudden hate private organizations and are always trying to call in lawyers.
Weird, isn't it?

Look at these guys defending segregated lunch counters for blacks. You two advocate private busses telling blacks to sit at the back.
Poor analogy. Skin color is innate and immutable. Vaccination status isn't. I remember when conservatives knew the difference.
He declined to be vaccinated. He knew the terms and conditions of PGA tournament participation.

Simple risk consequences analysis.
Is it not worth an investigation and hearing to determine if his civil rights were violated?
His civil rights? What on earth are you talking about. Explain a theory under which Jon Rahms 'civil rights" were violated.
I didn't say his civil rights were violated... but just because an club or organization established a rule doesn't mean it can't run afoul of law.

He'll get his day in court and the court will decided if the organization operated in bad faith.

But just for the record, I believe that private business or private club or organization should establish whatever policies they wish without interference from gov't.

If I want to start a club for vaxxers I should have that right. Likewise, I should be able to start a club for straight men only or gay men only or no transgenders or transgenders only, etc....

People who are not vaccinated are not a protected class.

This sentence sums up the problem. More targeting and punishment coming for the unwashed masses. If you don't do as WE say, you will be punished.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Booray
First, Jon Rahm has not filed a lawsuit. So I don't know what you are talking about.

Second, Courts do not create protected classes: Congress passes a bill and the President signs it.

As an avowed conservative, you are arguing for judicial activism of the highest magnitude.
Whiskey Pete
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Shouldn't a private organization such as the PGA, in agreement with its players/members, be able to set and enforce its rules?
I dont understand why "conservatives" all of a sudden hate private organizations and are always trying to call in lawyers.
Weird, isn't it?

Look at these guys defending segregated lunch counters for blacks. You two advocate private busses telling blacks to sit at the back.
Poor analogy. Skin color is innate and immutable. Vaccination status isn't. I remember when conservatives knew the difference.
He declined to be vaccinated. He knew the terms and conditions of PGA tournament participation.

Is it not worth an investigation and hearing to determine if his civil rights were violated?
His civil rights? What on earth are you talking about. Explain a theory under which Jon Rahms 'civil rights" were violated.
I didn't say his civil rights were violated... but just because an club or organization established a rule doesn't mean it can't run afoul of law.

He'll get his day in court and the court will decided if the organization operated in bad faith.

But just for the record, I believe that private business or private club or organization should establish whatever policies they wish without interference from gov't.

If I want to start a club for vaxxers I should have that right. Likewise, I should be able to start a club for straight men only or gay men only or no transgenders or transgenders only, etc....

This sentence sums up the problem. More targeting and punishment coming for the unwashed masses. If you don't do as WE say, you will be punished.
While I don't agree with the concept of protected classes (as private entities should be allowed to have whatever policies they wish)....

if we are going to have them, it seems odd that a private club can't prohibit gay people from joining but allowed to prohibit a young healthy individual (that is not sick) that has chosen not to get a vaccine for a virus that has a 99% survival rate.
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

First, Jon Rahm has not filed a lawsuit. So I don't know what you are talking about.

Second, Courts do not create protected classes: Congress passes a bill and the President signs it.

As an avowed conservative, you are arguing for judicial activism of the highest magnitude.
First, Congresses passes laws in many instances as the result of court cases, you know that.

Second, I'm a Libertarian. True, I lean conservative, but I've already said that I support a private entity to establish whatever policies they wish.

Third, where have argued for judicial activism? Did I say the court needs to find in his favor? Please kindly point to where I said that. I said he should be heard.

I'll ask you again, do you believe he shouldn't even be heard?
Booray
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

First, Congresses passes laws in many instances as the result of court cases, you know that.

Second, I'm a Libertarian. True, I lean conservative, but I've already said that I support a private entity to establish whatever policies they wish.

Third, where have argued for judicial activism? Did I say the court needs to find in his favor? Please kindly point to where I said that. I said he should be heard.

Courts do not exist to allow people to "be heard." The judiciary applies the law to the facts of a case. In this instance there is no law to apply.

When you want courthouse doors open to cases that clearly have no legal merit, you are supporting judicial activism.

I am interested in Jon Rahm's thoughts on the matter, so yes he should be heard. He can tweet it, post it, insta it, or give an interview about it. He can ask for a bill to be passed or for the PGA to change their policy. But I don't think he should be heard inside a courtroom because there is no basis in law for it. Zero, nada, zilch.

Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Courts do not exist to allow people to "be heard." The judiciary applies the law to the facts of a case. In this instance there is no law to apply.

When you want courthouse doors open to cases that clearly have no legal merit, you are supporting judicial activism.

I am interested in Jon Rahm's thoughts on the matter, so yes he should be heard. He can tweet it, post it, insta it, or give an interview about it. He can ask for a bill to be passed or for the PGA to change their policy. But I don't think he should be heard inside a courtroom because there is no basis in law for it. Zero, nada, zilch.

Not that I would support it, but a lawsuit could lead to HIPPA being extended to employers.

Changes in laws often start with a lawsuit
Osodecentx
Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

No. He agreed to the terms of the PGA in order to play
Sam Lowry
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Not that I would support it, but a lawsuit could lead to HIPPA being extended to employers.

Applying HIPAA to employers wouldn't accomplish what you have in mind. It would only prohibit them from disclosing information to third parties, not from requesting it in the first place.
Whiskey Pete
Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

So, it's never happened that someone signed a contract, then later filed a lawsuit over that contract and won?
Osodecentx
Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

So, it's never happened that someone signed a contract, then later filed a lawsuit over that contract and won?
Over not being vaccinated and then DQed by the PGA? Nobody has won a lawsuit.
The PGA can not require a player to be vaccinated, but they can require quarantine and contact tracing for the unvaccinated.
I just don't see the civil rights implication for disqualification of an unvaccinated professional golfer.

Entities that have required disqualification/forfeit of parties in athletic venues:
NCAA football & basketball
NBA
WNBA
PGA
Booray
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

No court is going to "extend HIPAA." You have a basic misconception about the difference between common law and statutory law.
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

No court is going to "extend HIPAA." You have a basic misconception about the difference between common law and statutory law.
So are you saying that America's history no laws have been changed or written as the result of lawsuis?
Oldbear83
Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

More to the point, HIPAA was written specifically to address healthcare providers. It would be an entirely new law to address private health information with regard to employers, one the Democrat-led Congress will have zero interest in pursuing.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Booray
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

So are you saying that America's history no laws have been changed or written as the result of lawsuis?
No, I am not saying that. I am saying that you must have a legal basis to file a lawsuit. You have not offered any legal basis on which Jon Rahm could build a lawsuit.
Florda_mike
Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

No, I am not saying that. I am saying that you must have a legal basis to file a lawsuit. You have not offered any legal basis on which Jon Rahm could build a lawsuit.

I'd argue they've exposed his health records by saying he's not received the jab

That's certainly an arguable legal basis to file suit and get it started as a HIPPA violation they're indirectly exposing his medical info especially if he didn't volunteer it publicly! More legal reasons could easily come to fruition between filing and court hearing as things are turning south on the COVID scam and all that goes along with it too!

Are you getting you legal jargon online? I'd never hire someone so balless as you for my attorney!!! I only hire the best to pummel those like you into submission
Booray
Florda_mike said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

I'd argue they've exposed his health records by saying he's not received the jab

That's certainly an arguable legal basis to file suit and get it started as a HIPPA violation they're indirectly exposing his medical info especially if he didn't volunteer it publicly! More legal reasons could easily come to fruition between filing and court hearing as things are turning south on the COVID scam and all that goes along with it too!

Are you getting you legal jargon online? I'd never hire someone so balless as you for my attorney!!! I only hire the best to pummel those like you into submission
The PGA is not a covered entity under HIPAA. The law does not apply to it.

I thought you conservatives wanted the Courts to apply the law as written.

Booray
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Was here on Friday. Seguin has a great downtown.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

"Non-disclosure Agreements" are a good example. In 2021 they don't seem to be worth the paper they're printed on.

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Booray said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Thank you, Booray. Our downtown has really been revitalized the last 10 years or so. I know the building (On Austin St.) but have not seen that mural. I guess Country should make his way to town.

-- Barack Obama
Florda_mike
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

"Non-disclosure Agreements" are a good example. In 2021 they don't seem to be worth the paper they're printed on.

They will in time, soon hopefully

Tide is turning now
Booray
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Booray said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Thank you, Booray. Our downtown has really been revitalized the last 10 years or so. I know the building (On Austin St.) but have not seen that mural. I guess Country should make his way to town.

BusyTarpDuster2017
Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Immutability vs personal choice isn't a consideration anymore under the new rules of racism. As long as there is a differential outcome or impact according to race, then it is racism, regardless if it was the result of behavior. If white males are supposedly more likely to refuse the vaccine, then any policy mandating vaccination should be considered unequivocally racist - if we're being consistent, that is.
Sam Lowry
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Immutability vs personal choice isn't a consideration anymore under the new rules of racism. As long as there is a differential outcome or impact according to race, then it is racism, regardless if it was the result of behavior. If white males are supposedly more likely to refuse the vaccine, then any policy mandating vaccination should be considered unequivocally racist - if we're being consistent, that is.
I'm being consistent in saying that stuff is BS. If you actually believe it, I guess you could say requiring vaccination is discriminatory. What you can't do is have it both ways.
Mitch Blood Green
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

He's not an employee. He's not a citizen.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Headshot

So much for the "America first " gang. Cinque is trying to take money out of hard working Americans pockets and give it to interlopers.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Wasnt it the Montgomery City busses? As long as you are using a poor analogy you might as well get it as accurate as possible.
Canon

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Wasnt it the Montgomery City busses? As long as you are using a poor analogy you might as well get it as accurate as possible.

You've grown in your bigotry. No one expects you to stand still when you can target more minorities.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Sam Lowry said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

I'm being consistent in saying that stuff is BS. If you actually believe it, I guess you could say requiring vaccination is discriminatory. What you can't do is have it both ways.
I know you're being consistent. But I suspect many who liked your comment aren't.
No, you can't have it both ways, but those who agree with you that the analogy was poor and who also believe differential outcome/impact is racism are trying to do exactly that, if you turn their own ridiculous rules of racism against them. Just pointing out the irony.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Canon said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

You've grown in your bigotry. No one expects you to stand still when you can target more minorities.
Poor Spanish golfers?
Florda_mike

Canon said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Poor Spanish golfers?

Methinks you likey da senioritas mad? Se?
Booray
Final words from Jon Rahm:

"To all the people criticizing the PGA Tour, they shouldn't," said Rahm. "We are in a pandemic, and even though this virus has very different forms of attacking people, you never know what reaction you're going to get. So the PGA Tour did what they had to do.

"The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) rules for a reason. There's players that missed the World Series last year. There's other athletes that have missed events.

"Unfortunately, I had a really good showing, and I was pulled out of the tournament right before the final round, but, again, the PGA Tour did what they had to do. I've heard a lot of different theories: I should have played alone; I shouldn't have - that's nonsense. The rules are there, and it's clear.

"I'm not going to lie, I was fully aware when I was in tracing protocol that that was a possibility. I knew that could happen. I was hoping it wouldn't. I was playing like it's not going to, but I support what the PGA Tour did.
"It could have been handled a little bit better possibly, but they did what they had to do."

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/12333485/us-open-jon-rahm-accepts-memorial-disqualification-decision-as-he-prepares-to-return-at-torrey-pines
Osodecentx
Booray said:

Final words from Jon Rahm:

"To all the people criticizing the PGA Tour, they shouldn't," said Rahm. "We are in a pandemic, and even though this virus has very different forms of attacking people, you never know what reaction you're going to get. So the PGA Tour did what they had to do.

"The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) rules for a reason. There's players that missed the World Series last year. There's other athletes that have missed events.

"Unfortunately, I had a really good showing, and I was pulled out of the tournament right before the final round, but, again, the PGA Tour did what they had to do. I've heard a lot of different theories: I should have played alone; I shouldn't have - that's nonsense. The rules are there, and it's clear.

"I'm not going to lie, I was fully aware when I was in tracing protocol that that was a possibility. I knew that could happen. I was hoping it wouldn't. I was playing like it's not going to, but I support what the PGA Tour did.
"It could have been handled a little bit better possibly, but they did what they had to do."

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/12333485/us-open-jon-rahm-accepts-memorial-disqualification-decision-as-he-prepares-to-return-at-torrey-pines
Taking responsibility
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Words of a man.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
fubar
Jon Rahm is doing a lot better than suing anybody.

Not that it matters, but he's made me a fan.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jon Rahm not only got off of his deathbed and beat deadly COVID this past week, but he just won the U.S. Open. What a competitor. Karma is a beautiful thing!

The COVID Cluster **** fades a little more with each passing day. Life is good.

-- Barack Obama
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.