Abbott now accepting donations to help build the Texas border wall

6,198 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wrecks Quan Dough
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's $46 million per mile...not sure about total cost.

Not sure yet if you will receive a tote bag for making a donation.

fubar
Give until it hurts!
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
EatMoreSalmon
If most people want it, he will get the funds to build it.

If only some of the people want it, he will get some of the funds to build it.

If nobody wants it, he will get no funds to build it.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
much different from the opening wall pitch.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
J.B.Katz
Abbott ought to be accepting donations to fix the energy grid.
PartyBear
If it is 46 million per mile, he isnt going to raise it. The price of our football stadium wont even buy 8 miles. Abbott is so desperate to win the GOP primary, he has become a complete screw up.
Bexar Pitts
PartyBear said:

If it is 46 million per mile, he isnt going to raise it. The price of our football stadium wont even buy 8 miles. Abbott is so desperate to win the GOP primary, he has become a complete screw up.
I think he may have his sights on 2024, and The White House...
Forest Bueller_bf
PartyBear said:

Seems like a lot per mile.

500 miles would be 23 billion.

boognish_bear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

I guess inflation has kicked in...from this 2020 article the wall was averaging a cost of "only" $20 mil per mile.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/27/border-wall-texas-cost-rising-trump/

In an October update, the administration said it had identified $15 billion most of it from military funds to build a total of 738 miles, which comes out to roughly $20 million a mile.

That's compared with the $2.4 billion the government spent from 2007-15 to build 653 miles of fence, as well as gates, roads, lighting and other infrastructure, according to the GAO.
4th and Inches
Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

it is alot per mile- could do it for less 15 million a mile is probably a fair competitive bid estimate
tombeaux
It's wasted money in most places. Ridiculously easy to penetrate with cheap power tools or to scale with simple lightweight ladders. I saw a vendor interviewed last night who had repaired 35 penetrated locations in the past two weeks. But, sure, donate if it makes you feel good, because that's the only benefit.
LIB,MR BEARS
Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

That's what I was thinking also. Very pricey.
cms186
i guess thats one way to distract people from the prospect of rolling blackouts
I'm the English Guy
Whiskey Pete
Bexar Pitts said:

PartyBear said:

Probably. Abbott won't be getting my vote. DeSantis could bring me back to the Republicans in 2024.
Whiskey Pete
Abbott could just hire all the fast food workers that will soon be out of work due to automation and pay them the $15 hour (they think they deserve) to build the wall.

Save a fortune. Of course, it would probably get knocked over at the hint of a small gust of wind. After all, look how often they screw up a customer's order.
redfish961
4th and Inches said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

PartyBear said:

it is alot per mile- could do it for less 15 million a mile is probably a fair competitive bid estimate
That's not the government way.
PartyBear
Bexar Pitts said:

PartyBear said:

Yes but he may have problems getting the nomination in 22 and another term in Austin is not a fore gone conclusion from more than one angle. More Ercot problems can cause the GOP half of the state to have the same opinion of him as the Democratic half.
Bexar Pitts
PartyBear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

PartyBear said:

Yes but he may have problems getting the nomination in 22 and another term in Austin is not a fore gone conclusion from more than one angle. More Ercot problems can cause the GOP half of the state to have the same opinion of him as the Democratic half.
"and another term in Austin is not a foregone conclusion from more than one angle."..Interesting thought, PB. With the way things are going, do you think Beto and Co.may have a legitimate shot at upsetting the applecart in 22?
boognish_bear
Porteroso
Texas is run by some of the biggest idiots ever. It's amazing the state manages to do anything right.
J.B.Katz
Porteroso said:

Texas is run by some of the biggest idiots ever. It's amazing the state manages to do anything right.
Texas isn't alone.

But the energy grid is a uniquely Texan ****-up that would be laughable were the potential of more deaths due to power outages not so high.
Canon
Clearly marked and fenced off fields of land mines would do the trick and cost far less. The explosions would serve as an effective alarm as well.

This is an invasion. It's pushed from the south by cartels that, in many cases, have more military might than the national governments under which they exist. That makes this a pseudo military invasion by a narco state(s).

It's time we used the appropriate military deterrents.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

If it was run by more liberals, they wouldn't get anything right.

Just look at the California and New York... imbeciles have been in charge in those places for way too long.
Porteroso
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Just look at the California and New York... imbeciles have been in charge in those places for way too long.

They get a lot wrong, but are amazing places to live. Texas is too. I'm just saying I don't get how it can be that way.
Bexar Pitts
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

They get a lot wrong, but are amazing places to live. Texas is too. I'm just saying I don't get how it can be that way.
Two words...Special Interests
bear2be2
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

As a proponent of moderate, pragmatic governance, I have little use for "leaders" on either extreme of the political spectrum. But it's hard to make a compelling case for your side when it can neither heat or cool its citizens without a blackout or a threat of one.
Forest Bueller_bf
PartyBear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

PartyBear said:

Any more grid issues and I don't think he gets reelected.

He was able to blame Erocot this winter, but has had plenty of time to get the power grid ready by now.
It's all on him if power is interrupted again this summer with intentional blackouts.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Porteroso said:

And voting Democrat would ensure that even bigger idiots take over and do the stupidest things we are currently doing on an even grander and more expensive scale.
boognish_bear
J.R.
boognish_bear said:

That means I will not be voting for Abbott. What is he thinking hooking his wagon to Trump. His daughters and my daughter went to the same camp for years and he seems like a really good guy, but I don't know about this.
PartyBear
He has been hitched to Trump since 2017.
Whiskey Pete
bear2be2 said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

As a proponent of moderate, pragmatic governance, I have little use for "leaders" on either extreme of the political spectrum. But it's hard to make a compelling case for your side when it can neither heat or cool its citizens without a blackout or a threat of one.
Thank God we haven't had liberals in control of Texas in awhile... otherwise we would've been having rolling black for the last decade or more.

So yeah "my side" has done a better than a job than the libs would have, just look at California. It's hard to argue for "your side" when all you need to do is look the shiitthole that has become the golden state.
J.R.
We have serious problems on the border, to be sure, but trotting out Trump is just not necessary.
Wrecks Quan Dough
J.R. said:

We have serious problems on the border, to be sure, but trotting out Trump is just not necessary.
You would not think we had any problems at the border by the way Biden-Harris act. The point person cannot even bring it on herself to make a visit to the southern border. But hey, she hasn't been to Europe either.
J.B.Katz
bear2be2 said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

And when the leaders fly off to Cancun leaving their constituents and their dog to freeze to death in the cold and dark. Anybody who votes for Cruz after that is a dumbass.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.