For unvaccinated, coronavirus is soaring again

4,153 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jacques Strap
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Jacques Strap said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/2-major-san-francisco-hospitals-033520710.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Some might say we are being misled. Others might say we are being lied to.
Yawn

The University of California, San Francisco Medical Center told media outlets that 183 of its 35,000 staffers tested positive. Of those infected, 84% were fully vaccinated, and just two vaccinated staff members required hospitalization for their symptoms.

At Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, at least 50 members out of the total 7,500 hospital staff were infected, with 75-80% of them vaccinated. None of those staffers required hospitalization.

He added that most of the cases presented mild to moderate symptoms, and some were completely asymptomatic. He said the cases were spread among doctors, nurses, and ancillary staff.

The point is, 75 percent or more of those hospital staffers that did test tested positive for Covid had received the shot. This is not the least bit concerning to you? I thought that the unvaccinated were going to be killed off in huge numbers by non-masked vaccinated people? At least that is what we have been being told this past week. Why is the percentage of Covid positive staffers so much higher than the unvaccinated staffers?

2 hospitalizations out of 42,500 hospital staffers kinda makes me think the Delta variant may not be the second coming of the Bubonic Plague that the media is making it out to be.

Link for stories about huge numbers of unvaccinated deaths?

Yes. I would very much like to see them as well.

I'm confused. What caused you to ask this question? " I thought that the unvaccinated were going to be killed off in huge numbers by non-masked vaccinated people? "

Yes. I have seen numerous reports claiming that vaccinated people are being told they need to wear masks because they can spread the Delta variant to non-vaccinated. The continued wearing of masks is for the benefit and safety of the unvaccinated. Did I just dream that?

Google is your friend. It is really not that difficult.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Jacques Strap said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/2-major-san-francisco-hospitals-033520710.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Some might say we are being misled. Others might say we are being lied to.
Yawn

The University of California, San Francisco Medical Center told media outlets that 183 of its 35,000 staffers tested positive. Of those infected, 84% were fully vaccinated, and just two vaccinated staff members required hospitalization for their symptoms.

At Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, at least 50 members out of the total 7,500 hospital staff were infected, with 75-80% of them vaccinated. None of those staffers required hospitalization.

He added that most of the cases presented mild to moderate symptoms, and some were completely asymptomatic. He said the cases were spread among doctors, nurses, and ancillary staff.

The point is, 75 percent or more of those hospital staffers that did test tested positive for Covid had received the shot. This is not the least bit concerning to you? I thought that the unvaccinated were going to be killed off in huge numbers by non-masked vaccinated people? At least that is what we have been being told this past week. Why is the percentage of Covid positive staffers so much higher than the unvaccinated staffers?

2 hospitalizations out of 42,500 hospital staffers kinda makes me think the Delta variant may not be the second coming of the Bubonic Plague that the media is making it out to be.

Link for stories about huge numbers of unvaccinated deaths?

Yes. I would very much like to see them as well.

I'm confused. What caused you to ask this question? " I thought that the unvaccinated were going to be killed off in huge numbers by non-masked vaccinated people? "

Yes. I have seen numerous reports claiming that vaccinated people are being told they need to wear masks because they can spread the Delta variant to non-vaccinated. The continued wearing of masks is for the benefit and safety of the unvaccinated. Did I just dream that?

Google is your friend. It is really not that difficult.

Yeah, still not finding any support for your claim of huge numbers being killed. Where did you see that?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Jacques Strap
Apathetic U.S. Youth Shrug Off Vaccines as Delta Variant Spreads

Quote:

According to recent polling by the Kaiser Family Foundation, 34% of adults in the 18-to-29 age category said they wanted to wait before getting vaccinated, and another 15% said they would not get the vaccine at all.

Quote:

But the face of Covid-19 is changing, with younger people increasingly getting sick and falling more seriously ill. Since last August, the CDC has reported that more than 117,000 people between 18 and 29 have been hospitalized for Covid, and in the past week, the age group's hospitalization rate increased 25%.

per the CDC... from 0.63 per 100,000 on 7/23/2021 to 0.84 per 100,000 on 7/31/2021 for ages 18-29.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#new-hospital-admissions.

Quote:

The risks for younger people have been seriously underplayed since the beginning of the pandemic, according to Sally Adams, a health researcher at the University of California San Francisco who led the study on unvaccinated young adults. The fact that the age group was the lowest priority for vaccinations only added to that perception.
IMO they have been overplayed but whatever gets your panic meter to redline.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.