Shortages are being manufactured

11,919 Views | 174 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jupiter
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

ABC BEAR said:

Canada2017 said:

The shelves in our grocery are increasingly bare.

Never seen anything like it.

Wife believes it's intentional........government prepping the masses for soviet block style living standards.
We have an administration who is waging a war on the people it governs.

Bollocks, snowflake.

Where did the Biden touch you?
The "libertarian" once again takes umbrage at a critical comment about Biden.

LOL. When will you drop the charade?
You can't be this stupid.

I based my question on a specific policy position that I have enumerated on this board many, many times.

But all you see is what you want to see. Can you see which finger I'm holding up?

As usual, you get angry when one points out the facade.

I get frustrated dealing with stupid comments like yours. You always show when you're short on substance by going with the "you're not a Libertarian" card.
That's not true. Sometimes he goes with the "you're not a conservative" card.
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

ABC BEAR said:

Canada2017 said:

Wife believes it's intentional........government prepping the masses for soviet block style living standards.

Bollocks, snowflake.

I based my question on a specific policy position that I have enumerated on this board many, many times.

But all you see is what you want to see. Can you see which finger I'm holding up?

I get frustrated dealing with stupid comments like yours. You always show when you're short on substance by going with the "you're not a Libertarian" card.

You know what you have never, ever seen me do? Say that you, or anyone else, is not a real Christian because of the positions you take that are clearly at odds with your faith.

Humanists just seem to have a better sense of integrity.

It should be interesting to hear the agnostic/atheist opine regarding what positions are at odds with Christianity. Do tell. I'd love to hear.

If you get frustrated with people pointing out your positions that are entirely inconsistent with your purported libertarian beliefs then maybe be a little more consistent with your purported libertarian beliefs and stop consistently defending Biden or democrat policies.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

ABC BEAR said:

Canada2017 said:

Bollocks, snowflake.

That's not true. Sometimes he goes with the "you're not a conservative" card.

Nah I am simply able to distinguish between conservative policy and policy that's not.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

ABC BEAR said:

Canada2017 said:

Bollocks, snowflake.

You know what you have never, ever seen me do? Say that you, or anyone else, is not a real Christian because of the positions you take that are clearly at odds with your faith.

It should be interesting to hear the agnostic/atheist opine regarding what positions are at odds with Christianity. Do tell. I'd love to hear.

If you get frustrated with people pointing out your positions that are entirely inconsistent with your purported libertarian beliefs then maybe be a little more consistent with your purported libertarian beliefs and stop consistently defending Biden or democrat policies.

No, because I don't think it's my place to tell people they are not what they claim to be. If I did I would certainly have evidence. ANd I am agnostic, as I have said many, many times but you can't even get that right, you have to slide atheist in there. You really don't know as much about me or about atheists or about agnostics as you think you do apparently. I spent decades as a Southern Baptist; how many days were you a humanist?

As opposed to your approach, where you start from a point of ignorance about Libertarian positions but then claim that my positions are at odds somehow. First of all, we have a party platform that can be consulted, you can always start there. Second, liberty means different things to different people even within the LP.

I do not defend Biden. And certainly not consistently. I am constantly amazed at how hard it is for people to distinguish between a policy position and a defense of some individual. It appears to be really hard for you, but as you are a hardcore binary thinker I do kind of understand.

As to defending Democrat policies you once again display an ignorance of LP policy positions. We have overlap with both parties. When I defend the 2d Amendment, vigorously, you never chide me for being a non-Libertarian. Why is that?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

ABC BEAR said:

Canada2017 said:

Bollocks, snowflake.

No, because I don't think it's my place to tell people they are not what they claim to be. If I did I would certainly have evidence. ANd I am agnostic, as I have said many, many times but you can't even get that right, you have to slide atheist in there. You really don't know as much about me or about atheists or about agnostics as you think you do apparently. I spent decades as a Southern Baptist; how many days were you a humanist?

As opposed to your approach, where you start from a point of ignorance about Libertarian positions but then claim that my positions are at odds somehow. First of all, we have a party platform that can be consulted, you can always start there. Second, liberty means different things to different people even within the LP.

I do not defend Biden. And certainly not consistently. I am constantly amazed at how hard it is for people to distinguish between a policy position and a defense of some individual. It appears to be really hard for you, but as you are a hardcore binary thinker I do kind of understand.

As to defending Democrat policies you once again display an ignorance of LP policy positions. We have overlap with both parties. When I defend the 2d Amendment, vigorously, you never chide me for being a non-Libertarian. Why is that?

You are correct I don't know you. Never met you. Don't even know your name. And BTW, ironically, even though you think you've pegged me pretty well (you haven't a clue), you don't know me either. But we've spent 20 years debating each other on these boards, and reading each other's arguments. I think I know your positions pretty well.

And it's just an observation, whether you agree with it or not (believe me, I know you will protest), but you quite often take what I would call a liberal stance on issues, as opposed to libertarian. Numerous others have pointed it out for years. You of course get incredibly defensive, and ***** and moan when people point this out, and claim they're always wrong. To me, when multiple posters over many years are making this observation, I think it shows an incredible lack of self-awareness on your part rather than a misjudgment by multiple posters. But if you want to believe we are all wrong and you're right, that's of course your right.

The ironic thing is, I've pointed out the dichotomy between your policy stances and the Libertarian Party's stances on multiple occasions, often times quoting their positions directly from their website. But sure quash, you continue to believe it's you who are correct, and the rest of us who are mere "binary thinkers" (it amazes that the incredible irony of that statement is lost on you).

It used to be enjoyable debating with you. I knew I would get solid reasoning and a respectful tone, even when we disagreed. But lately you've just become bitter and partisan. And a lightweight in terms of your arguments, which are typically not well thought out and easily refuted. It's no longer the challenge it used to be. Maybe you're slipping.

Since it seems to upset you so much to engage with me, I'd suggest life would be better just putting me on ignore. You get too easily worked up and personal nowdays.

bearhouse
After reading this thread I am convinced we will soon have a shortage of tinfoil.
quash
You and the others that you assume know me better than I know myself apply poor binary thinking to complex issues.

If you want to separate my so-called liberal stances from libertarianism you must first demonstrate a knowledge of what libertarianism is, and then show that my stance is different. You don't do that. You think you do. You crow that you have. But you don't.

You merely say that my position is liberal. When I point out that there is overlap with both parties (and crucial differences with each) you just stick to saying "Well that's liberal." Yes. AND libertarian.

When I oppose gun control, or health care as a right, or government guaranteed student loans, etc., you never accuse me of being a conservative instead of a Libertarian. That speaks volumes.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Mothra
quash said:

You and the others that you assume know me better than I know myself apply poor binary thinking to complex issues.

If you want to separate my so-called liberal stances from libertarianism you must first demonstrate a knowledge of what libertarianism is, and then show that my stance is different. You don't do that. You think you do. You crow that you have. But you don't.

You merely say that my position is liberal. When I point out that there is overlap with both parties (and crucial differences with each) you just stick to saying "Well that's liberal." Yes. AND libertarian.

When I oppose gun control, or health care as a right, or government guaranteed student loans, etc., you never accuse me of being a conservative instead of a Libertarian. That speaks volumes.

You fail to distinguish between sympathy for and defense of liberal politicians and policy stances. This particular observation wasn't a comment on a policy position. Instead it was a comment regarding where your sympathies often lie. Its typically with the Democrat.

Understanding libertarianism ain't as difficult as you seem to believe it is. I've quoted directly from their website on multiple occasions and you've even disputed their own stated policy positions,". I never stated much less suggested that you don't hold some libertarian positions. You do.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

You fail to distinguish between sympathy for and defense of liberal politicians and policy stances. This particular observation wasn't a comment on a policy position. Instead it was a comment regarding where your sympathies often lie. Its typically with the Democrat.

Understanding libertarianism ain't as difficult as you seem to believe it is. I've quoted directly from their website on multiple occasions and you've even disputed their own stated policy positions,". I never stated much less suggested that you don't hold some libertarian positions. You do.

It is impossible to support a majority of Libertarian positions without landing on some liberal ones. LP was pro-gay marriage before Obama. Way. Pro-legalization of drugs. If you can't see the difference then stop trying to point the times I am squarely in alignment with the LP. as being pro-Democrat.

And FFS learn to distinguish a consistent policy position for defense of ANY politician.
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

And FFS learn to distinguish a consistent policy position for defense of ANY politician.

You only defend the Dem. That's my point.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

And that is where you are completely wrong. I only defend policy positions, not politicians. Stop with the binary stuff, it's a bad look. Especially when I "defend" so many conservative positions.
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

And that is where you are completely wrong. I only defend policy positions, not politicians. Stop with the binary stuff, it's a bad look. Especially when I "defend" so many conservative positions.
What policy was it you were defending on this thread?
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

The policy of truth: there is no war on our citizens. Do you disagree? What is your evidence for that? And how does it differ from all the things I have complained about regarding government over the last twenty years (duopolists, USA PATRIOT Act, warrantless wiretaps, data collection, overspending, overtaxation, cronyism, ballot restrictions, etc.)?
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

The policy of truth: there is no war on our citizens. Do you disagree? What is your evidence for that? And how does it differ from all the things I have complained about regarding government over the last twenty years (duopolists, USA PATRIOT Act, warrantless wiretaps, data collection, overspending, overtaxation, cronyism, ballot restrictions, etc.)?
The policy of truth? LOL. Sounds like a Depeche Mode song. Tell us, what party's policy position is that?

You weren't defending a policy. You were defending Biden. The poster in question was being hyperbolic. It happens on this board. But his point is well-taken for anyone who's been paying attention.

The irony is I HAVE seen you complain about all of the above. And yet we have an admin in power that is literally asking the govt. to monitor people's bank accounts and require them to vaccinate to hold jobs. It's one of the biggest govt. intrusions in private business in rights and years. And unlike your disdain for Bush, you've not only be oddly silent about this govt. intrusion, but you are now railing against those who you believe overstate what's going on.

The irony.
br53
So about those shortages... how is that shaking out?
Florda_mike
br53 said:

Ports backed up on east and west coasts and America's Governor DeSantis has offered Florida ports to anyone
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

br53 said:

Ports backed up on east and west coasts and America's Governor DeSantis has offered Florida ports to anyone
Clever PR move.

Your governor has some solid political instincts .
cowboycwr
Schools are now facing shortages... but there will be those on this thread that will deny this is happening because the one store they go to has not had shortages....

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/27/us/politics/schools-labor-supply-shortages.html

https://www.al.com/news/2021/10/alabama-school-district-warns-of-food-shortages-asks-for-parent-help-after-deliveries-fail.html
br53
cowboycwr said:

Schools are now facing shortages... but there will be those on this thread that will deny this is happening because the one store they go to has not had shortages....

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/27/us/politics/schools-labor-supply-shortages.html

https://www.al.com/news/2021/10/alabama-school-district-warns-of-food-shortages-asks-for-parent-help-after-deliveries-fail.html
How long until the prisons have shortages? They should be first.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

The policy of truth? LOL. Sounds like a Depeche Mode song. Tell us, what party's policy position is that?

You weren't defending a policy. You were defending Biden. The poster in question was being hyperbolic. It happens on this board. But his point is well-taken for anyone who's been paying attention.

The irony is I HAVE seen you complain about all of the above. And yet we have an admin in power that is literally asking the govt. to monitor people's bank accounts and require them to vaccinate to hold jobs. It's one of the biggest govt. intrusions in private business in rights and years. And unlike your disdain for Bush, you've not only be oddly silent about this govt. intrusion, but you are now railing against those who you believe overstate what's going on.

The irony.

You want to play games with proposed policies have at it. That banking idea is bull**** and will never pass Congress. As yet there is no federal mandate to all employers, but kick that straw man again. Hard.

Your stubborn refusal to separate policy from people has dropped you way down in the list of who I will engage with in discussions. I'll wait to see if you ever address substance.
jupiter

Florda_mike
br53 said:

cowboycwr said:

It's all part of the plan of our new Marxist overlords

Pray they fail miserably and are banished
cowboycwr
br53 said:

cowboycwr said:

If Covid taught us anything it is that the prisons will be first to GET supplies and the rest of us will be out of luck.
jupiter

Freedomb3ar
Bare Shelf Biden

#LGB
jupiter

Florda_mike
jupiter said:

Why would government not report this?
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

jupiter said:

Strikes for higher wages highlights the presence of increasing inflation .
Porteroso
Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

jupiter said:

Strikes for higher wages highlights the presence of increasing inflation .

That could be a very small part of it, but pre covid, we had far less inflation, a great economy, and there were still many unhappy with their wages. Wage growth has not matched inflation for quite some time, and we are at a point where a strong economy may mean low unemployment, but does not mean wages increase. As large corporations continue to consolidate, but up their smaller competitors, and competition in technology especially is stagnating, the very top, or the 1%, are experiencing wild wage growth, meanwhile the middle class is shrinking, and the impoverished are fighting to raise minimum wage, which should be 50% higher or something, if you simply adjusted for inflation.

I hope they keep striking if they don't think their wages are fair. And I hope unions make a big comeback if large corporations are going to continue to make record profits, but not even raise wages to meet inflation.

muddybrazos
After all this if we don't start making more things in America then we deserve to fail. I recall that Trump stopped the sale of the port of Long Beach to China. I wonder if Biden let it go through but we absolutely cannot let China buy our key infrastructure. They control to much of our food supply and to let them have a vital shipping port would be suicide.
br53
The democrats and politicians will sale anything and everything if they think they can make a dollar
muddybrazos
br53 said:

The democrats and politicians will sale anything and everything if they think they can make a dollar
Which is why we are where we are today. It began with HW Bush and now we are a declining empire that doesnt make anything and totally reliant on globalism for our basic needs. We have been sold out by politicians.
br53
Sold out damn meat packing plants to the Chinese and Brazilians under a deal approved by both parties
trey3216
muddybrazos said:

br53 said:

Which is why we are where we are today. It began with HW Bush and now we are a declining empire that doesnt make anything and totally reliant on globalism for our basic needs. We have been sold out by politicians.
It began long before HW Bush. C'mon man. You don't know your manufacturing economics very well if that's what your pushing.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
br53
Trey the truth

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.