Shortages are being manufactured

11,672 Views | 174 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jupiter
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Plenty of skin in my game.

I live and work in the real world. You are sequestered in a very small corner. You vote to maintain the stAtus quo and constantly gripe. You are full of hate and disdain fir anyone that is not a clone of yourself. Sad way to live

Just think. My vote carries tge same weight as yours.

You live to get laid .

Everything and everyone else is secondary.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I am speechless
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Florda_mike

I am speechless

Because he's right!
Mothra

I live and work in the real world. You are sequestered in a very small corner. You vote to maintain the stAtus quo and constantly gripe. You are full of hate and disdain fir anyone that is not a clone of yourself. Sad way to live

I don't know. You seem like a pretty angry person, full of disdain for those who disagree with your non-conservative beliefs. You've *****ed and moaned for 4 years about Trump and those who voted for him. Hell, you still bring the man up on an almost daily basis on this board. He's constantly on your mind.

And then of course the irony is you think you're better than those who vote establishment. Its funny - you actually believe pissing away your vote and then running to whatever locale is the foreign destination of the month somehow makes you smarter or superior to the rest of us. It's ironic.

Bottom line is you don't know **** about me, where I've lived, or what I've experienced. You're just an angry old man, mad at the world, looking down your nose at the rest of us. I'd suggest staying here and experiencing what you've voted for instead of tucking tail and running abroad. I am sure you're kids and grandkids would appreciate granddad staying around a while.

Or having read your posts, perhaps not.

Canada2017
Mothra said:

I am sure you're kids and grandkids would appreciate granddad staying around a while.

Every Monday and Wednesday ...this granddad drives his 5 year old grandson to kindergarten at 7: 45 am and picks him up at 2:20 pm. Daughter appreciates the help and I enjoy conversing with my grandson during the 25 minute drive.

Wednesday's are special because granddad buys Inta Juice for him and his 2 year old brother .

Meanwhile my wife is busy sewing both grandson's their new Halloween costumes . ( We all accompany the boys Trick or Treating ) .

Wife and I take the boys out to dinner once a week, go to Mass with them every Sunday.

To some.....this is a ' very small corner'........but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

whiterock
Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

I am sure you're kids and grandkids would appreciate granddad staying around a while.

Every Monday and Wednesday ...this granddad drives his 5 year old grandson to kindergarten at 7: 45 am and picks him up at 2:20 pm. Daughter appreciates the help and I enjoy conversing with my grandson during the 25 minute drive.

Wednesday's are special because granddad buys Inta Juice for him and his 2 year old brother .

Meanwhile my wife is busy sewing both grandson's their new Halloween costumes . ( We all accompany the boys Trick or Treating ) .

Wife and I take the boys out to dinner once a week, go to Mass with them every Sunday.

To some.....this is a ' very small corner'........but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

After he retired, my daddy did that duty for my son who was in Jr. Hi. at the time. Cannot emphasize what a positive impact that had on my son....a relationship he will cherish to his final day. You're never really gone as long as they remember you.
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Same type life for me here

Parents and family are in Texas but we stay here

Grandsons need Papa(and Nana) to help em understand life while son is working most of day

9 year old grandson lost his best friend to a brain tumor 4 days ago. Tough times as it was discovered last Wednesday and he was dead Sunday. Living through real life here helping that youngun
muddybrazos
Canada2017 said:

If everyone did like me we would get more and better candidates.

If everyone voted like you heroin, meth and LSD would be legal and available on every street corner.

Of course you would be living in another country so the consequences of such voting wouldn't impact you .
LSD should be legal. IDK about meth & heroin but if those were legal we could probably cut down the fentanyl and death problem.
quash

Some people prefer to be on the losing side of the Drug War.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canada2017
whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

After he retired, my daddy did that duty for my son who was in Jr. Hi. at the time. Cannot emphasize what a positive impact that had on my son....a relationship he will cherish to his final day. You're never really gone as long as they remember you.
Years ago I attended a cattlemen's co-op meeting in Amarillo, Texas. The first speaker was a tough old rancher and all he had to say was.........

" You boys can do all the good in the world. Can contribute lots of money to the United Way, build churches , feed the poor...whatever. But the only people coming to your funeral if the weather is really bad ....is your FAMILY ".

Mothra
quash said:

Some people prefer to be on the losing side of the Drug War.

As if throwing up our hands and legalizing every hard drug is a "winning" position. Lol.

By that logic, I guess Biden can say he won the Afghanistan War.
Mothra
Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Good on you. My parents were the same type of grandparents before my mom passed. In-laws are the same way. They love Florida and would love to move to the Sarasota area, but instead want to have a connection with their grandkids and be a part of their lives.

I can't imagine leaving my kids and their grandkids to go live abroad for months and years on end. It's unfathomable.
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Same type life for me here

Parents and family are in Texas but we stay here

Grandsons need Papa(and Nana) to help em understand life while son is working most of day

9 year old grandson lost his best friend to a brain tumor 4 days ago. Tough times as it was discovered last Wednesday and he was dead Sunday. Living through real life here helping that youngun
Real life is tough.

Even harder without a strong family unit .

My Dad and father in law were both great role models.

They taught me the right priorities .

Good luck to you and your grandson .
jupiter

jupiter

jupiter

jupiter

Florda_mike
jupiter said:

^^^ Equals 30 day wait at sea?

DeSantis says they're welcome in Florida! Come on over captain!
jupiter

jupiter

jupiter

jupiter

whiterock
none of these articles address the supply/demand issue of containers themselves.

There are only so many containers in the world available for transportation. A historically high number of those containers are sitting on ship for months waiting to be unloaded. That reduces the number of containers available to be loaded with new product at any given time (most of which will travel to ports where they CAN be unloaded in good order.) That creates a basic supply-demand problem.....all those containers stuck in port reduce the number of containers available for use. That in turn drives up the cost of using containers. The CONTAINERS themselves becomes a supply constraint.

blocking up the supply chain also creates the same dynamic on inventory and cash, too......
quash
whiterock said:

none of these articles address the supply/demand issue of containers themselves.

There are only so many containers in the world available for transportation. A historically high number of those containers are sitting on ship for months waiting to be unloaded. That reduces the number of containers available to be loaded with new product at any given time (most of which will travel to ports where they CAN be unloaded in good order.) That creates a basic supply-demand problem.....all those containers stuck in port reduce the number of containers available for use. That in turn drives up the cost of using containers. The CONTAINERS themselves becomes a supply constraint.

blocking up the supply chain also creates the same dynamic on inventory and cash, too......

The container issue has been apparent from at least last February.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
jupiter

jupiter

jupiter

Canada2017
Went to our local grocery store today......have never seen so many empty shelves in my life.

Don't know if it is a labor problem, distribution problem or Covid related.

Macy's and Dillard's .....men's clothing inventory is noticeably less.
quash

Anybody seen the OP lately?
jupiter
jupiter
jupiter

Johnny Bear
Canada2017 said:

Went to our local grocery store today......have never seen so many empty shelves in my life.

Don't know if it is a labor problem, distribution problem or Covid related.

Macy's and Dillard's .....men's clothing inventory is noticeably less.
As we were on our way to one of our favorite lunch time destinations last week, my wife suggested we stop by the Academy Sports and Outdoors store that is on the route when we were on our way back to see if they had any 9mm ammo. I responded that it's probably going to be a waste of time, but okay. To our amazement when we stopped in, they were fully stocked with ammo. I recall thinking as we were walking to the register line to check out how "lucky" we were to have shown up in the early afternoon without having to stand in line and being able to walk out with our "limit" of ammo as if we'd just discovered a gold deposit in our backyard. Then in the parking lot on the way to the car it dawned on me how much I've already been conditioned to just expect shortages and large swaths of empty shelves at retail establishments and to be "pleasantly surprised" when occasionally that isn't the case. In a normal, thriving capitalist economy, I should fully expect to be able to go to a sporting goods store of my choice at any time of day they are open and walk up to reasonably stocked shelves of ammo and buy as much as I want to buy without standing in line - as things virtually always were before. And this is exactly where we should strive to get back to which is again what SHOULD BE normal in a vibrant capitalist economy - but I don't see it happening as long as the current regime is in power, deliberately imposing and supporting policies that create the current conditions we are living under - and it's likely going to get even worse.
quash

Every silver lining has a cloud...

jupiter

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.