From Biden's own mouth

5,146 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by D. C. Bear
fadskier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More people have died from coronavirus in 2021 than in 2020. Why aren't people on here calling out and blaming Biden for these deaths as they blamed Trump?

Biden's own words:

• October 5, 2020: "More than 200,000 Americans have died. 50,000 Americans are getting the virus every day. 1,000 a day are dying. This is a national emergency. The President should take responsibility."
  • October 15, 2020: "We're eight months into this pandemic, and Donald Trump still doesn't have a plan to get this virus under control. I do."
  • October 27, 2020: "If you give me the honor of serving as your president, I won't waste any time getting this virus under control and building our nation back better."
  • October 30, 2020: "I'm not going to shut down the country. I'm not going to shut down the economy. I'm going to shut down the virus."
  • November 1, 2020: "More than 230,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 and Donald Trump has given up on trying to get the virus under control. He may have quit on you, but I promise I never will."

Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
303Bear
fadskier said:

More people have died from coronavirus in 2021 than in 2020. Why aren't people on here calling out and blaming Biden for these deaths as they blamed Trump?

Rhetorical question, right?
fadskier
303Bear said:

fadskier said:

I don't expect them to...and if they did respond they'd still blame Trump.
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
I blame the Democrats for making this very political early on. No one could have expected that maga would literally risk their own lives to die to own the libs though. I can only blame Biden so much for the extreme stupidity of maga
fadskier
clubhi said:

I blame the Democrats for making this very political early on. No one could have expected that maga would literally risk their own lives to die to own the libs though. I can only blame Biden so much for the extreme stupidity of maga
Well Biden and Harris were first to sew distrust in the vaccines BUT, I too do not understand people who "love" Trump and not getting the vaccine. His administration participated if not started Operation Warp Speed and he got vaccinated.
Canada2017
fadskier said:

clubhi said:

Well Biden and Harris were first to sew distrust in the vaccines BUT, I too do not understand people who "love" Trump and not getting the vaccine. His administration participated if not started Operation Warp Speed and he got vaccinated.
Trump got vaccinated and publicly suggested that all adults get vaccinated as well.

Yet somehow that inconvenient piece of reality just bounces off a lot of 'true believers' .
Whiskey Pete
fadskier said:

clubhi said:

Which is kind of funny. The triggered libs will try to argue that Trump supporters would do anything he says. This proves that argument to be wrong.
Forest Bueller_bf
fadskier said:

Biden's own words:

• October 5, 2020: "More than 200,000 Americans have died. 50,000 Americans are getting the virus every day. 1,000 a day are dying. This is a national emergency. The President should take responsibility."
  • October 15, 2020: "We're eight months into this pandemic, and Donald Trump still doesn't have a plan to get this virus under control. I do."
  • October 27, 2020: "If you give me the honor of serving as your president, I won't waste any time getting this virus under control and building our nation back better."
  • October 30, 2020: "I'm not going to shut down the country. I'm not going to shut down the economy. I'm going to shut down the virus."
  • November 1, 2020: "More than 230,000 Americans have died from COVID-19 and Donald Trump has given up on trying to get the virus under control. He may have quit on you, but I promise I never will."

Amazing how many bull**** proclamations Biden made about this and they meant nothing. He not only did not slow it, it has run rampant. Of course he could never do anything about it because a virus is always going to run it's course.

Trump at least had a vaccine ready.
Canada2017
Forest Bueller_bf said:

fadskier said:

Biden's own words:

If Trump had conceded his election loss like a man instead of carrying on like an idiot........I wouldn't be so bitter towards him .

As it is just want him to STFU and disappear.
GrowlTowel
clubhi said:

Bob going to Bob. Anyone learn anything from his ranting?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Canada2017
GrowlTowel said:

clubhi said:

Bob going to Bob. Anyone learn anything from his ranting?

' Bob ' ?
jupiter
If you have a dam holding back a lake, and someone blows it up and it floods the city downstream, do you also blame the guy trying to rebuild the dam while he's trying to rebuild it, because of the fact that the city is still flooded? Or should you still blame the person who blew up the dam in the first place?
Wangchung
jupiter said:

If you have a dam holding back a lake, and someone blows it up and it floods the city downstream, do you also blame the guy trying to rebuild the dam while he's trying to rebuild it, because of the fact that the city is still flooded? Or should you still blame the person who blew up the dam in the first place?
We blame the person who did it(China) and the person who is trying to train beavers instead of using proper engineering to rebuild the dam (Biden).
Mothra
fadskier said:

Biden's own words:

Thank God the vaccine is saving lives! I mean, err...never mind.
Canada2017
Mothra said:

fadskier said:

Biden's own words:

You seriously don't believe the vaccine is saving lives world wide ?

Or just not worth the risk to some age groups ?
Johnny Bear
Canada2017 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

fadskier said:

Biden's own words:

If Trump had conceded his election loss like a man instead of carrying on like an idiot........I wouldn't be so bitter towards him .

As it is just want him to STFU and disappear.

Yeah, he should've just smiled and accepted the stolen election like a good ole establishment Republican would have. After all just laying down, giving up and accepting obvious injustice so it will be emboldened and encouraged to fester in the future is always the best way to roll.
Doc Holliday
Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

fadskier said:

Biden's own words:

The vaccines clearly save lives, but the popular narrative that if everyone gets vaccinated that this all kind of goes away is complete bs. They're almost like therapeutics keeping you from getting seriously ill versus reaching the goal of exponentially reducing spread.

The hospitalization problem isn't really an issue. More than half of all covid hospitalizations aren't serious cases and actual serious cases are being prioritized.
Forest Bueller_bf
jupiter said:

Wow, this isn't what this is at all.

Countries with draconian measures have the same death rate as us or even worse.

Many countries that show a lower rate than us have a higher rate in reality, because of their poor reporting.

This is a virus, not a lake dam. It isn't the same thing at all.

You are comparing apples with tennis rackets.
Harrison Bergeron
303Bear said:

fadskier said:

This. Biden has mismanaged covid WITH Trump's vaccine. But expecting intellectually honestly is like expecting an aggy not to hump a sheep.
4th and Inches
Canada2017 said:

fadskier said:

clubhi said:

Trump got vaccinated and publicly suggested that all adults get vaccinated as well.

Yet somehow that inconvenient piece of reality just bounces off a lot of 'true believers' .
or it could be that not all of the non vaxers are trumpers. Yes, of course there are some trumpers that are anti vax out there but there are also plenty of Biden supporters that are not vaxed. The political flip-flopping message from both sides has been a tremendous issue compounding it with the mandating instead of encouraging and educating.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
fadskier
Wangchung said:

jupiter said:

We blame the person who did it(China) and the person who is trying to train beavers instead of using proper engineering to rebuild the dam (Biden).
Nice!
Harrison Bergeron
He might have done better if he hired the best and brightest vs. just checking intersectional boxes. Another great double standard - they claimed Trump hired bad people ... I mean Biden just said: "find an African American, a lesbian, a ******, etc."
nein51
clubhi said:

From MSN:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/kamala-harris-says-she-wouldnt-trust-a-vaccine-trump-recommended/ar-BB19O9k4

Asked at Wednesday's vice-presidential debate whether she would take a vaccine approved by the Trump administration before or after the election, Harris said she'd be the "first in line" to take the vaccine if health experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci recommended it.

"If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it, absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I'm not taking it," Harris said.

And it's somewhat hilarious that you think the anti-vaccine crowd is a bunch of Trumpsters. A good chunk of the anti-vax movement can be tied directly back to the Hollywood left, who have somehow decided *this* vaccine is OK but the OTHER vaccines cause autism (though that has also proven to be false many times over). You know, the same people who were seeing resurgence of previously eradicated diseases in California...because SO many Trump voters reside in California.

If we could just agree that, on the whole, the anti-vax crowd is mostly nutjobs we would be so much better off.
nein51 said:

clubhi said:

From MSN:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/kamala-harris-says-she-wouldnt-trust-a-vaccine-trump-recommended/ar-BB19O9k4

Asked at Wednesday's vice-presidential debate whether she would take a vaccine approved by the Trump administration before or after the election, Harris said she'd be the "first in line" to take the vaccine if health experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci recommended it.

"If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it, absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I'm not taking it," Harris said.

And it's somewhat hilarious that you think the anti-vaccine crowd is a bunch of Trumpsters. A good chunk of the anti-vax movement can be tied directly back to the Hollywood left, who have somehow decided *this* vaccine is OK but the OTHER vaccines cause autism (though that has also proven to be false many times over). You know, the same people who were seeing resurgence of previously eradicated diseases in California...because SO many Trump voters reside in California.

If we could just agree that, on the whole, the anti-vax crowd is mostly nutjobs we would be so much better off.
COVID anti-vax movement has nothin to do with Hollywoods and anyone with the ability to ingest applesauce without choking would know that.
D. C. Bear
Mothra said:

fadskier said:

Biden's own words:

Yes, thank God the vaccine is saving lives. Too bad we didn't have the vaccine widely available sooner, and too bad more people haven't taken it so that more lives could be saved.
Canada2017
Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

fadskier said:

Biden's own words:

The vaccines clearly save lives, but the popular narrative that if everyone gets vaccinated that this all kind of goes away is complete bs. They're almost like therapeutics keeping you from getting seriously ill versus reaching the goal of exponentially reducing spread.

The hospitalization problem isn't really an issue. More than half of all covid hospitalizations aren't serious cases and actual serious cases are being prioritized.
Doc

I have never read anywhere ' that if everyone gets vaccinated that this all goes away . ' Possibly I have missed it in the vast amount of pseudo information floating around .

Like my regular flu shot....I consider getting the Covid shot merely a common sense move ( for anyone above the age of 50 ) in playing the best odds possible.

In my opinion far more people have died from not getting the covid vaccination than from getting it.
And after all these months debating the subject I think every poster here has made their personal position very clear.

Seems kind of monotonous for this message board to continue to go round and round with the same folks ( myself included ) covering the exact same ground .
nein51
Oh, I see, so one anti-vax movement is just different than another anti-vax movement...got it.
Oldbear83
"covering the exact same ground ."

Agreed, so how about this?

1. We're not going to get to 100% vaccination. So what should be the target for the adult population?
2. Natural immunity for those who already had COVID is known to be more than twenty times stronger than vaccination. So why is that ignored when discussing vaccination requirements, especially among doctors and nurses who had the virus already?

If we can discuss those without bitterness, this thread could be worth the while.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Doc Holliday
Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

fadskier said:

Biden's own words:

Doc

I have never read anywhere ' that if everyone gets vaccinated that this all goes away . ' Possibly I have missed it in the vast amount of pseudo information floating around .

Like my regular flu shot....I consider getting the Covid shot merely a common sense move ( for anyone above the age of 50 ) in playing the best odds possible.

In my opinion far more people have died from not getting the covid vaccination than from getting it.
And after all these months debating the subject I think every poster here has made their personal position very clear.

Seems kind of monotonous for this message board to continue to go round and round with the same folks ( myself included ) covering the exact same ground .
I believe the anger towards the unvaccinated are by people who seriously think if everyone is vaccinated in the US that spread will be so low that it's a non issue: put that up against the fact that there have been more COVID deaths this year than last year with millions more vaccinated this year than last year. The vaccines aren't spread reducers like we had hoped but thankfully they keep people from dying.

I agree with your points. I took the pfizer shot myself.

The pro vax crowd needs to stop worrying about the unvaccinated.
Canada2017
Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

fadskier said:

Biden's own words:

Doc

I am only concerned about the survivability of unvaccinated members of my family.

Everyone else can do as they wish .
4th and Inches
clubhi said:

nein51 said:

clubhi said:

From MSN:

COVID anti-vax movement has nothin to do with Hollywoods and anyone with the ability to ingest applesauce without choking would know that.
it also has very little to do with political party but that doesnt stop you from spouting disinformation repeatedly.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

fadskier said:

Biden's own words:

Doc

I believe the anger towards the unvaccinated are by people who seriously think if everyone is vaccinated in the US that spread will be so low that it's a non issue: put that up against the fact that there have been more COVID deaths this year than last year with millions more vaccinated this year than last year. The vaccines aren't spread reducers like we had hoped but thankfully they keep people from dying.

I agree with your points. I took the pfizer shot myself.

Have you looked at the timing?
4th and Inches said:

clubhi said:

nein51 said:

clubhi said:

From MSN:

it also has very little to do with political party but that doesnt stop you from spouting disinformation repeatedly.
I've never once said it had anything to do with a political party. Please find a single instance where I said that. I'll wait. lmao
midgett
Oldbear83 said:

"covering the exact same ground ."

Agreed, so how about this?

1. We're not going to get to 100% vaccination. So what should be the target for the adult population?
2. Natural immunity for those who already had COVID is known to be more than twenty times stronger than vaccination. So why is that ignored when discussing vaccination requirements, especially among doctors and nurses who had the virus already?

If we can discuss those without bitterness, this thread could be worth the while.

Similar to the abortion argument. After the TX ruling at 6 weeks, the counter was to allow abortions right up until conception (way after pregnancies are viable).

They'd have more credibility if they countered with, for instance, 20 weeks plus incest/rape.

Instead, the counter is we want the right to kill a baby until minutes before it's born.
BUbearinARK
nein51 said:

Oh, I see, so one anti-vax movement is just different than another anti-vax movement...got it.
the anti-vax to the mrna technology is very different from the traditional anti-vax movement. Though the latter are against all vax's including this one, most of the new hesitant are not from that crowd.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.