California Declining

3,817 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EatMoreSalmon
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cobretti said:

Dems will merely nominate a different liberal from within their circle .

A majority of Californians will dutifully vote for 'their team ' .

And California will continue its irreversible decline .
Mothra
tommie said:

My office is in Santa Barbara. Although, I see a significant amount of homelessness in California (SF, LA) I'm starting to see it everywhere (Tulsa, Chicago, Dallas).

It's confined to cities that act as sanctuaries. At my office in austin for instance, when the democrat mayor and city council passed a law allowing the homeless to camp out in the city, shantytowns went up all over Austin, particularly down Cesar Chavez and near town lake. I could not walk outside my office without encountering multiple homeless people.

Once austin has enough and voted to overturn the law, the shantytowns eventually went away and I haven't seen a homeless person around our office in months. Sure they're still homeless people but most of them have moved back into the shelters or non-public areas.

It appears people eventually learn from the negative end results of liberal policies. We are now seeing that in San Fran, where people have had enough.
Canada2017
Our country's homeless population is increasing rapidly and will continue to do so until our judicial system faces facts .

A. Most of the homeless suffer from varying degrees of mental illness.
B. Mentally ill people rarely make rational choices in regards to their health or even long term survival .
C. Patient Rights laws , though well meaning , are a disaster resulting in the near impossibility of getting the mentally ill into a hospital against their will.
D. Most of the mentally ill developed their condition as a result of ILLEGAL NARCOTICS.. Legalized such narcotics would inevitably damage even more individuals resulting in an even larger homeless population.
Johnny Bear
Cobretti said:

If Californians (at least the ones who are staying) have truly "had enough" then why do they keep robotically voting overwhelmingly for the same failed politicians and the same failed, destructive policies??
J.R.
muddybrazos said:

J.R. said:

FormerFlash said:

clubhi said:

Yep, just spent some time in wine country and then Tahoe. Total 3rd world country. They did not chill their reds. Stay away
Who chills red wine?
I do!! What is meant by that is most red wine is served entirely too warm. Many and I mean most restaurants server red way too hot and conversely serve white wine too cold. Red should be served at 55-70 degrees . White (mostly) sb served at around 45-50. Nothing worse than going to a restaurant in warmer climates in the summer and get a bottle red that is at bathwater temp.
Riunite on ice, riunite so nice!
Chateau Cheval Blanc on ice....even better!
Redbrickbear
Canada2017 said:

Our country's homeless population is increasing rapidly and will continue to do so until our judicial system faces facts .

A. Most of the homeless suffer from varying degrees of mental illness.
B. Mentally ill people rarely make rational choices in regards to their health or even long term survival .
C. Patient Rights laws , though well meaning , are a disaster resulting in the near impossibility of getting the mentally ill into a hospital against their will.
D. Most of the mentally ill developed their condition as a result of ILLEGAL NARCOTICS.. Legalized such narcotics would inevitably damage even more individuals resulting in an even larger homeless population.

The moral panic/jihad against mental health hospitals (insane asylums) in 1960s and 1970s led to a disaster.

"Deinstitutionalization" it was called.

While these state institutions did need reform...they did not need to be closed in mass.

Its now very hard to get people into such places...and harder still to keep them there.

A decent amount of USA mass shooters are the kind of people who in the old days would have been locked up for treatment.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/30/567477160/how-the-loss-of-u-s-psychiatric-hospitals-led-to-a-mental-health-crisis

Cobretti

Jacques Strap
"Elections matter. And when folks vote, they order what they want and in this case they got what they asked for"

Kamala Harris
OsoCoreyell
I can tell with Dallas. What are the figures for the MSAs as opposed to the cities proper? I think there has been far more growth in the northern suburbs of Dallas than in Dallas itself.
EatMoreSalmon
OsoCoreyell said:

I can tell with Dallas. What are the figures for the MSAs as opposed to the cities proper? I think there has been far more growth in the northern suburbs of Dallas than in Dallas itself.
Last I heard, Dallas proper was supposedly losing population as opposed to the suburbs.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.