Story Poster
Photo by Baylor Athletics
Baylor Basketball

Gameday Thread: #20 Baylor vs Auburn

November 5, 2023
93,656

#20 Baylor (0-0) tips off against Auburn (0-0) Tuesday November 7th at the Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota at 8pm CST.  The game is televised on ESPN.  


KenPom Prediction:  Baylor 72 Auburn 71

Torvik Prediction:  Baylor 74 Auburn 73

Evan Miyakawa Prediction:  Baylor 76 Auburn 75

Haslametrics:  Baylor 74 Auburn 72


Coaches

Auburn:   Bruce Pearl (63) 649-256 (187-111 at Auburn); 12 NCAAs; 3 Sweet 16s; Elite 8; FF

Baylor:  Scott Drew (53); 442-244 overall (422-233 at Baylor); 11 NCAAs; 5 Sweet 16s; 3 Elite 8s; FF; 1 National Championship

Head to Head:  1-0 Drew


*Auburn Starters

Guard:  Tre Donaldson (SO) 6-2 190 lbs; 3 ppg; 1 asst; 38% FG; 41% 3pt; 55% FT

Guard:  Denver Jones (JR) 6-4 205 lbs; 20 ppg; 4 reb; 2 asst; 48% FG; 37% 3pt; 85% FT (FIU)

Guard:  Chaney Johnson (JR) 6-7 215 lbs; 16 ppg; 7 reb; 2 asst; 52% FG; 30% 3pt; 77% FT (D2)

Forward:  Chris Moore (SR) 6-6 220 lbs; 4 ppg; 2 reb; 49% FG; 41% 3pt; 71% FT

Forward:  Johni Broome (JR) 6-10 240 lbs; 14 ppg; 8 reb; 53% FG; 29% 3pt; 56% FT

*using starting lineup from exhibition game but more likely that KD Johnson and Jaylin Williams are starters.  5 star PG Aden Holloway didn’t play in exhibitiion (ankle sprain).  Johni Broome left with a shoulder injury but is expected to play

Auburn Bench

Guard:  KD Johnson (SR) 6-0 190 lbs; 9 ppg; 38% FG; 33% 3pt; 69% FT

Forward:  Jaylin Williams (SR) 6-8 245 lbs; 11 ppg; 5 reb; 2 asst; 47% FG; 35% 3pt; 77% FT

Guard:  Chad Baker-Mazara (JR) 6-7 180 lbs; 6 ppg; 42% FG; 39% 3pt; 90% FT (SDSU)

Forward:  Dylan Cardwell (SR) 6-11 255 lbs; 4 ppg; 4 reb; 75% FG; 31% FT

Guard:  Aden Holloway (FR) 6-1 180 lbs; 5 star; #16 Recruit in 247 2023 class


Baylor Starters

Guard:  RayJ Dennis (SR) 6-3 180 lbs; 20 ppg; 4 reb; 6 asst; 48% FG; 37% 3pt; 77% FT (Toledo)

Guard:  Langston Love (SO) 6-5 210 lbs; 6 ppg; 2 reb; 43% FG; 36% 3pt; 69% FT

Guard:  Ja’Kobe Walter (FR) 6-5 185 lbs; 5 star; #8 Recruit in 247 2023 class

Forward:  Jalen Bridges (JR) 6-9 225 lbs; 10 ppg; 6 reb; 51% FG; 32% 3pt; 78% FT

Forward:  Jonthan Tchama Tchatuouia (SR) 6-8 235 lbs; 5 ppg; 5 reb; 48% FG; 43% 3pt; 85% FT

Baylor Bench

Guard:  Jayden Nunn (JR) 6-3 190 lbs; 9 ppg; 3 asst; 2 st; 43% FG; 40% 3pt; 70% FT (VCU)e

Forward:  Caleb Lohner (JR) 6-8 235 lbs; 3 ppg; 4 reb; 55% FG; 25% 3pt; 64% FT

Guard:  Miro Little (FR) 6-4 190 lbs; 4 star; #41 Recruit in 247 2023 Class

Forward:  Yves Missi (FR) 6-11 220 lbs; 4 star; #42 Recruit in 247 2023 Class

Forward:  Josh Ojianwuna (SO) 6-10 240 lbs; 4 ppg; 4 reb;  59% FG; 66% FT

Guard:  Dantwan Grimes (JR) 6-2 190 lbs; redshirted last season as juco transfer

Discussion from...

Gameday Thread: #20 Baylor vs Auburn

34,932 Views | 320 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by historian
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2 days early - wow

Just win Bears!
Big12Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seeing this brought a big grin.

Can't wait for Tuesday!
ImABearToo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's see what we've got. Sic em!
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Crawfoso1973
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With our football ineptitude and program once again becoming a national embarrassment and laughingstock, Baylor MBB is such a welcome sight!
Robert Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whew! Breath of fresh air. Bring on basketball!
william
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lomers with the tip.

- kkm
Dale?
Feel The Floyd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello hope and optimism! I missed you. Sic'em
vanillabryce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bears 80 Auburn 73
Stefano DiMera
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Damn..I would have never guessed Pearl would have over 200 more wins than Drew and same amount of losses.
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We must remember that Drew began at Baylor with all kinds of issues. "Both hands tied behind his back" is one way to describe the disadvantages he faced the first few years.
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Curious that we have the second serious game of the season. Other than K State playing USC, everyone else is playing non-P5 opponents.
CST Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LFG!

Excited to see:

>Ray J at PG...huge ceiling!
>JTT in starting five? Is he fully recovered and better than ever?
>Jakobe! Is he good enough to be 'the guy' right away?
>Bridges...nobody improved more during the season...I hope we let him play from the arc
>the bench...five or six guys appear to be poised for meaningful minutes...this hasn't been the case since...2019?
Crawfoso1973
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CST Bear said:

LFG!

Excited to see:

>Ray J at PG...huge ceiling!
>JTT in starting five? Is he fully recovered and better than ever?
>Jakobe! Is he good enough to be 'the guy' right away?
>Bridges...nobody improved more during the season...I hope we let him play from the arc
>the bench...five or six guys appear to be poised for meaningful minutes...this hasn't been the case since...2019?
I am curious about these as well!

To add to your list, I am also curious about the "other" freshmen....how big will Little and Missi's respective roles be right out of the gate? Both elite talents, will they start off with prominent roles or be worked in gradually like Sochan. Also in general I'm curious about how our excellent guard depth will be utlilized.

In addition to EJ's health, I'm curious if Love will be fully healthy and able to move laterally (especiallly on the defensive end).

I hope our fans will be patient and realize it will take time to build chemistry. Hopefully we come out clicking on all cylinders but if we happen to lose this opening game and get off to a slow start this season, hopefully not too much whining from our fans taking out their football frustrations on our perennial top 10 MBB program.

CST Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crawfoso1973 said:

CST Bear said:

LFG!

Excited to see:

>Ray J at PG...huge ceiling!
>JTT in starting five? Is he fully recovered and better than ever?
>Jakobe! Is he good enough to be 'the guy' right away?
>Bridges...nobody improved more during the season...I hope we let him play from the arc
>the bench...five or six guys appear to be poised for meaningful minutes...this hasn't been the case since...2019?
I am curious about these as well!

To add to your list, I am also curious about the "other" freshmen....how big will Little and Missi's respective roles be right out of the gate? Both elite talents, will they start off with prominent roles or be worked in gradually like Sochan. Also in general I'm curious about how our excellent guard depth will be utlilized.

In addition to EJ's health, I'm curious if Love will be fully healthy and able to move laterally (especiallly on the defensive end).

I hope our fans will be patient and realize it will take time to build chemistry. Hopefully we come out clicking on all cylinders but if we happen to lose this opening game and get off to a slow start this season, hopefully not too much whining from our fans taking out their football frustrations on our perennial top 10 MBB program.


excellent points.

Yeah...our freshman are gonna be so fun to watch....Yves is apparently a total freak.

good point about misplaced hype too...there's nothing to lose with playing a great non con (when our league is as good as it is)...but I hope we don't take too many L's before January!
william
How long do you want to ignore this user?
{ sipping coffee }

{ eating double chocolate muffin }

we about ready to tip??

- KKM

PA.

Dale?
Big_Pumpin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Houston, Arkansas, Baylor. Been looking forward to this week for a while
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I want dunks. Lots of them.
EvilTroyAndAbed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's the deal with the line? Went from Baylor -1.5 to Baylor +1.5.
EatMoreSalmon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
May the tigers find scoring difficult. Let's see some D!
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Headed up from Ames. Talk about a boring drive
fullbears1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

Headed up from Ames. Talk about a boring drive
Good on you! Drive safe and give them all the noise you can muster.
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't catch many CBB games so I figured with it only being about 200 miles I better go!
CST Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Weird to see the line shift like that…I wonder if we have an injury or something.
Mitch Henessey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CST Bear said:

Weird to see the line shift like that…I wonder if we have an injury or something.
That was my thought. Maybe RayJ is still out or something?
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dennis is warming up. Not sure if he's playing. I'd guess the line shifted due to tons of bets coming in on Auburn. We appear healthy from what I can tell
TXBEAR_bf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's a beautiful gym, I was there last year. Represent!
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lot of gamblers obviously think we're pretenders. Have a chance to prove 'em wrong tonight.
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IB -- You're there in person. Who is taller -- Missi or Josh O?
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd say Missi. But I'm towards the top of the arena so I may be off on that
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If I miss even 1 second of Baylor-Auburn because ESPN is showing some damn pickleball game with Scottie Scheffler, heads are gonna roll in Bristol.
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes!

We get Fran.
vanillabryce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guys are playing with energy
ImABearToo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First 3! Boom.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm loving a game like this as the opener rather than a cupcake. Gives you a much better feel for what it's gonna be like -- faster hands, bigger bodies, more physical.
JXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If they are going to call that foul on the Auburn 3 they need to call it both ways.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.